Start by marking “Harvest Moon Homecoming (Sweet Haven Farm, Novella #1)” as Want to Read:
Harvest Moon Homecoming (Sweet Haven Farm, Novella #1)

Harvest Moon Homecoming (Sweet Haven Farm, Novella #1)

When the high school’s float explodes five days before the National Farmer’s Day parade, Principal Calvin Finkenbinder sees his chance at the promotion to Superintendent disintegrate. Unless he enlists the help of Ellie Bright, the most annoying, disorganized and kissable woman he knows.

Standing in Principal Fink’s office, again, for driving her daughter to school late, ag
Published October 24th 2017 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Harvest Moon Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvest Moon Homecoming

Ramla Zareen Ahmad
5 STARS= Excellent= Immensely Enjoyable= I loved it...!

This was basically a feel-good, sweet romance yet there was enough conflict to keep me on the edge. The writing was polished and full of humour. The main characters, Ellie and Fink, were highly appealing and relatable. I very much enjoyed their funny and romantic interactions and liked the way they were developed, individually and also as a couple. I could feel both the emotional connection as well as the physical chemistry between them. I a
E-Reader Addict
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
There isn’t much that’s funnier than an opposites attract love story. When one person is straitlaced and organized and the other is wheels off and free spirited, hilarity and hi-jinks are bound to ensue. Which is exactly what happens in Harvest Moon Homecoming! But there is also so much more - which surprised me since this was a novella-length book.

Calvin Finkenbinder is a small town high school principal, with his sights set on becoming the superintendent. It’s the position he’s been working to
Ellen Whyte
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve had a bad couple of months and so I was looking for a light, cheerful novel with nice people and no angst. This hit the spot. Fink and Ellie are very nice people, getting on in life, and discovering that they’re not too old for romance. It’s a clean romance, so apart from a few kisses, it’s all about the relationship that develops. I must say, I liked the farm details and the plot revolving around the American tradition of having parades with floats was also a lot of fun.

I came across an A
Jolyn
Love the humor and the tingles in this romance

I had the privilege of being a beta reader for this story and what a joy to now see it available for everyone to read.

The relationship between Ellie and Fink was hilarious and had me in stitches from the first page. Watching them figure out that they didn't hate each other but were in fact in love was so fun. And then they had to decide whether they would fight for that love or not.

Each character in the story is unique and I can not pick a favorite b
Nicole Normand
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from the author via AXP; this is my honest review.
-Fink and Ellie made a great couple; you could see they belonged to each other. The characters matured and understood better how their past affected them.
-It's funny, it's maddening, it's touching, it's a great romance.
-I loved all the secondary appearances too.
- Lots of dialogues, lots of action going on.
-Just to confuse us, the author chose to use Rothschild pumpkins and a person named Dr. Rothschild... I thought it was a bad
Jane
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was asked to review this book by Librarything.com

Delightful autumnal read, fast paced cute read but there was a good storyline. This was funny with great chemistry between the characters. The characters were likable and real.

The author writes well and I am now seeking out this author to see what else has been written

This was a quick read for me but well recommended pumpkins and the autumn a great time of the year
Alex Jo
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
This is a short, sweet and funny story it shows how parents to do anything and everything for their kids including giving up on their dreams. This book looks at love as ageless and that’s one of things I loved the most about it. I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars. I got this copy from author, in exchange for an honest review.
Carolyn
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
It was very cute! Fink and Ellie were hilarious. I also really liked the message that our value is not defined by our jobs. And then I read the acknowledgements and cried! (happy)
Diane Holiday
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick-paced, delightful read. Just in time for pumpkins and fall! The chemistry between the principal and Ellie sizzles, and their witty banter entertained me. I like reading opposites attract stories. The secondary characters were well developed and before I knew it, I was at the end. It’s always nice to read a clean, well-written story. I highly recommend this book.
Allyson Abu-hajar
I received a free copy from City Owl Press in exchange for an honest review.

This was a short, fun read. There are two people from what appears to be from opposite sides of the track. Ellie Bright, a single unorganized mother to Harper. Ellie got pregnant and married very young, then lost her husband to an accident. Ellie runs a farm called Sweet Haven Farm, alongside her in-laws, although, she has dreams of attending a university for art. Calvin Finkenbinder is the principal of a small school, t
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute book. Disorganized single mom ends up having to work with uptight principal...romance ensues. Funny & very different from most books I have read.
Julia Lance
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new Author for me. Sometimes it is hard to try something new but her covers were so cute and I chatted with the Author on Facebook and knew I had to take a chance. I’m so glad I did they was such a cute book. I loved it! It also reminded me a lot of a farm near my house. I love Fink and Ellie’s story. Sometimes opposites are the best because you both compliment each other and make the other work to be a better person. I can’t wait to read more from this Author! Don’t be afraid to give ...more
Janet Graham
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clean and Sweet Opposites Attract Romance
This is a novella length, sweet and clean romance. Itis part of the Sweet Haven Series. Although this book takes place before Book 1, it worked well reading it as Book 1.5. There are so many great things in this book. I love the witty banter and the small town, farm setting. This is the second piece by this author that I have read. I can't wait to read more. I received this ARC book for free and this is my honest review.
Armelle
Frazzled, ultra-disorganized, but super creative single mom Ellie is forced into working on the Homecoming parade float with the uptight, super organized, but uncreative high school principal. Romance ensues.

It’s a pleasant enough read, but it didn’t ring true for me. Things just don’t work that way in a high school...
Reading romance
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read with lots of humor sprinkled in. I liked the opposites attract theme. The fall setting made it a colorful read and brought back the feel of a crisp day, drinking apple cider and picking pumpkins. The characters were likable and the plot kept the pages turning. I especially like the cover.
Bernadette Cinkoske
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this light, sweet, warmhearted story. A superintendent known as Fink? Fink and Ellie and their effect on each other kept me laughing even after I finished the book! This is a clean, witty romance. The characters are very well drawn and realistic. The plot was interesting. I was sorry to finish the story, but it stayed with me several days. I was very well entertained.
Donna Griffin
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance book about a single parent and demands of raising a teenager. The dreams and wants of feeling inadequate. The characters are at odds with each other and prove opposites do attract. Ellie and Fin are both bullheaded and lock horns more often than not. I was giving a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
F.
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy from LibraryThing EarlyReviewers for an honest review. I really enjoyed this sweet story of two people who are complete opposite but love finds a way to connect them. It was a quick, easy read but didn't lack substance, imagination, and tenderness. I loved it and would recommend it.
Tracy's Place
Oct 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Louise
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny and sweet.
Cindy Dorminy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Loved the characters. If you like clean romances, you would love this one.
Emily
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very quick and sweet read. I always love a good hate-to-love romance and this didn't disappoint. If you are looking for a good clean romance I highly recommend this.
Alice R. Weaver