Start by marking “Love in Hiding (Love Beyond Danger, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in Hiding (Love Beyond Danger, #1)

Love in Hiding

(Love Beyond Danger #1)

Running from danger, caught by love.

With her life at risk, Sarah Cooper hangs up her ballet shoes and flees her glamorous career in San Diego. She assumes a new identity and takes refuge at a horse ranch in rural Maryland. Mucking stalls is a far cry from center stage, and the ranch's so-called "horse whisperer" is the complete opposite of the men she's used to. He's
Published November 7th 2018 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Love in Hiding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in Hiding

Start your review of Love in Hiding (Love Beyond Danger, #1)
Seana Kelly
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love in Hiding is a fabulous romantic suspense novel. I loved it! Sarah is a fighter. She has a stalker who is terrorizing her (as stalkers are wont to do) and she has run, trying to hide far from home at a horse ranch. Bruce is the super sexy (former Navy SEAL) who works with wounded veterans, teaching them they can walk again with the help of his horses. Bruce’s therapy work with the wounded veterans was my favorite part of the book. Bruce is the taciturn alpha hero who has little faith in ...more
CR Grissom
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this book. Love in Hiding keeps you on the edge of your seat, or your bed, depending on your favorite reading spot. Sarah fakes her own death in order to escape the clutches of a crazed stalker. A former premier ballerina, she finds shelter and employment on a horse farm as far away from her home and the stage where she made a name for herself.

Bruce lost his parents, his wife and his SEAL team. He can’t afford to love and lose one more person. Instead, he
Maureen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg I CANNOT wait to read this book!! Looks so good, counting down the days!
Jessie Gussman
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A ballerina and a hero who runs horseback riding therapy for veterans. Wow. What unique, well-formed characters. I really enjoyed getting to know them.

The premise of a public figure (the ballerina) who is being stalked by a crazed fan is believable and real. The story flowed along at a quick clip, while still saturated with the country flavor of ranch life. Danger was very real from the beginning, and there was a nice plot twist at the end.

This is a great, satisfying read from a talented,
Em
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/28/2019)! ...more
Ellen Hamilton
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story! I'd say it was written well, and of course, I loved that is was situated on a farm (being a farm girl). Sarah's character was real and down-to-earth, and I loved all the farm people who took her straight into heart and home and treated her as one of their own.

The relationship between Bruce and Uncle Joe was as funny and adorable as can be; Uncle Joe was very thoughtful, and his advice was always well-timed. I loved the way he understood his nephew thoroughly.

Morgan and Todd, total
Yvonne Cruz
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If you want to read a story that will keep you literally on the edge of your seat, filled with complex characters and tons of suspense , a sexy former Navy Seal, a gutsy strong female character, and romance, then this is definitely the book for you. Never a dull moment.
The story centers around Bruce and Sarah. Bruce is a physical therapist working with veterans by employing horses . He meets Sarah at the ranch. He suspects she is running from something, just doesn’t know what it is. Sarah in
Karen Alterisio nelson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Love in Hiding. Sarah is a heroine most women can relate to, she's determined, sometimes too determined for her own good, and Bruce is the kind of guy dreams are made of. Me-yow. Their love story isn't gratuitous, plays out naturally, so doesn't overshadow the suspense. The writing style makes the reader feel like they're in the story suffering and reaping rewards right along with the characters, and with a shot of humor this book makes for an interesting, fun read.
Negeen Papehn
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love in Hiding is a not your average love story. The author's mastery in suspense, the plot twists and turns, takes the reader on a roller coaster ride of emotions. You find yourself not only rooting for the characters, but becoming them, feeing every ounce of tension, fear, love and determination that's woven into the fibers of the story. It's more than just a romance novel. It's a story of the bonds of family, the ones we are born into, as well as the ones we create for ourselves, and the ...more
Angela
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast-paced and kept you on the edge of your seat. I love the way there were two plots going through the whole book and they converge at the end. It was like reading a soap opera. This was the first book I had read by this author, but I will be going to find more.
Maria
FREE on Amazon today!
Abbey Redfearn
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A Little Cheesy but Good Thriller at End
Bette Stanek
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 bumped to 4. This is the first book I’ve read by Diane Holiday. It was pretty good, all things considered. It’s a fast-paced romantic suspense that reads quickly. You’re thrown into the middle of the drama as Sarah is running from her stalker. She’s headed cross-country in an effort to get as far away as fast as possible. She literally left everything behind in Cali. She ends up on a horse farm in Maryland with fumes in her gas tank and barely any money in her pocket. She’s desperate for the ...more
Vicki Johnson
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a story! Not the usual type of book that I read, but once I started it held my interest to the very last page. Definitely a suspenseful romance that will keep you on the edge of your seat or staying up until the wee hours. Great characters and plot that flows along at a very good clip. There was always a surprise or two waiting on the next chapter that made this a hard to put down book. The main characters have been well developed and are both strong, caring and multi talented people. I ...more
Ellen Parker
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romsus
Beautiful debut.
A stalker prompts Sarah, a ballerina in San Diego, to flee across the country. She ends up as housekeeper and barn chore girl at a Maryland horse farm. Grateful for room and board plus small wages, she learns new skills and soon fits into the cast of characters at the ranch.
Bruce Murphy is in charge of the therapy program for veterans. A former SEAL, he knows his job and how to keep secrets – including his own.
Ms. Holiday crafts interesting characters and gives them obstacles to
Tina
Nov 28, 2017 is currently reading it
"At least she had the gun in her purse. Not that she'd learned to shoot it yet." She fears for her life to the point of abandoning her entire life, going into hiding, and buying a gun, but doesn't bother learning how to shoot it? TSTL.

Couple pages later: "If her life depended on it, she'd be ready." I'd believe that if she ever learned how to shoot her frigging gun!

Couple more pages later: There is technically no such thing as a riding RINK. It's called a riding ARENA or a riding RING.
Cynthia
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The twist and turns

In this book keep you on your toes. Sarah was running from a stalker in San Diego where she was a ballet dancer. She ends up in Maryland on a farm and trying to keep her head down. Bruce runs his horse therapy program out of it. He is a ex SEAL and knows something is off with her. But he doesn't know he has a semi stalker himself.
Heather Wamboldt
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series...

Love in Hiding is the first book in the Love Beyond Danger series. I loved this romantic suspense story. The characters are well developed, likable, and have great chemistry. The storyline is well written and engaging, with a stalker, lies, threats, suspense, intrigue, hot romance, and therapy horses.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
B. Hughes-Millman
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of suspense and romance, but usually have to choose between the two, you're in luck. Diane Holiday's first book in the Love Beyond Danger series will have you turning the pages to see what happens next. It has all the heat of a romance novel with a bit of nail-biting in between. This is a good novel to pick up for anyone on your gift list.
Deirdre
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a rule, I do not read many romantic novels but I am glad I read this one. It is more than a romance and has elements of suspense and mystery. The book was fast-paced and the characters were really well defined. I will definitely read more books by this author.
Kathryn Munsell
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book!

Sarah is on the run from a stalker but she runs into Bruce. Bruce is not looking for a woman to apart of his life but then he meets Sarah. Their story is up and down, sweet, sad, suspenseful, and the tension. You really need to read.
InD'tale Magazine
This is a fast-moving, exciting novel. The main characters are the perfect combination of charming and complex.

Read full review in the 2018 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Neg Dardashti
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat, rooting for the heroine and crossing your fingers for the hero. The author has a deft way of weaving a story that keeps you engrossed in its details until the very last page. A must-read!
Tina
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Diane Holiday. It definitely will not be my last!! Great story and lovable characters.
Toni
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ranches, romance, suspense

Honestly I'm the beginning I thought she was crazy going for this job, but I really liked the way things played out. Satisfying end and great read.
Pamela Sue Rieger
Oct 05, 2018
Ellie
rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2018

• One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Unstoppable Patriot (Jennifer's Georgia Patriots Romance Book 3)
  • 82 Desire (Skip Langdon, #8)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • The Heiress of Epsom: Her Lady's Heart
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
  • New Leaf (Mystic Creek, #2)
  • Kisses After Dark (Gansett Island, #12)
  • All the Lovely Pieces
  • Billionaire for Christmas
  • More Than Words
  • The Case of the Freedom Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mysteries #12)
  • The Bones She Buried (Detective Josie Quinn #5)
  • Mister Mistletoe (It's All About the Mistletoe Book 3)
  • Two Hearts Unbroken (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance, #6)
  • Hope for Christmas (Echo Ridge Romance)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Who Wants to Date a Billionaire?

Diane Holiday is an award-winning author who writes romantic suspense with a healthy dose of humor. Her characters will make you laugh, cry, and root for them to the end. If you are sleep deprived because you couldn't put her book down, then she's achieved her goal. Diane loves animals and is a volunteer and foster for a training center for service dogs. Diane is married to a retired Navy Captain,

Love Beyond Danger (2 books)
  • Love Uncovered