Start by marking “Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Something to Howl About (Alphaville, #0.5)

Something to Howl About

(Alphaville 0.5)

WELCOME TO ALPHAVILLE, where the she-wolves and alpha-males play. . .for keeps, in a brand-new paranormal romance series from New York Times bestselling author Christine Warren.

Dr. Annie Cryer has been called many things: Genius. Child prodigy. Scientific wonder.

Wolf Shifter.

Banished from her pack years ago, Annie’s lone wolf wandering has brought her to Alpha, Washington,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 86 pages
Published January 2nd 2018 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Something to Howl About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something to Howl About

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Something to Howl About is book #0.5 in the new Alphaville series by Christine Warren. This is our introduction to the town of Alpha, Washington, otherwise known as Alphaville. It is known as the “home of the freaks, the losers, and the emotionally challenged.”

Dr. Annie Cryer is a genius, a child prodigy, and a wolf shifter. But a dumb mistake got her banished from her pack in New York. Now she just kind of wanders. After several years, she is offered the chance at restitution, to be allowed ba
Carrie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Something to Howl About by Christine Warren is a novella that is opening up a new fantasy/paranormal shifter series, Alphaville. This new series is set in the world of Warren’s Others series but you don’t have to have read the previous series to understand this new one.

In this novella we get to meet Dr. Annie Cryer who is a wolf shifter that has been banned from returning to her pack. Annie’s been offered the chance to lift her ban if she goes to Alphaville to study some problems they have been
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
✭ ✭ ✭ 3 STARS ✭ ✭ ✭

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

SOMETHING TO HOWL ABOUT is the start of a new series by Christine Warren. I haven’t read her previous books so I was quite excited to see how she would compare to my favorite PNR authors. This is a novella and a really fast read.

The two main characters are shifters, the female a wolf and the male a bear. Annie has been banned from her pack for something she did and wasn’t explained, unfortunately. I think the author left us a little hanging
Marta Cox
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
Three and a half for this fun short shifter story. Annie has been banished from her Pack and has led a nomadic life for the past three years. She's a genetic scientist with more degrees than you can shake stick at but all she wants to do is go home.
Jonas is a brown bear with a huge problem as none of his generation have been able to have cubs. So Annie sure seems like the answer to all their problems. Trouble is yes she's delectable and yes his inner bear is desperate to hunt her down but the ab
Vashti
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice intro into this new series that is an of shoot of one of my fav pnr series,The Others.Looking forward to reading more about the shifter citizens of Alphaville.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This was a nice intro to a new shifter series. It was short and bursting with potential. Loved the cocky bear alpha and the instant chemistry between the MCs.

Memorable Moment:
The denial of a one true mate existing for bears was weird. He was so adamant it didn't happen to his kind and then Bam! Out of the blue he's told it does and he's experiencing it? Because this was such a short read, the explanation felt too rushed. Definitely needed more page time to sort it all out.

Overall a quirky re
Beth
Great start to what is sure to be an amazing shifter series in Alphaville.

Fun, fast-paced and full of sexual tension from the start! My only complaint, it was novella length and I wanted more.

I received this ARC copy of Something to Howl About from St. Martin's Press. This is my honest and voluntary review. Something to Howl About is set for publication Jan. 2, 2018.

My Rating: 4 Stars
Written by: Christine Warren
Print Length: 86 pages
Publisher: Swerve
Publication Date: January 2, 2018
Sold by: Mac
Emily
Dr. Annie Cryer had been banished by her pack years ago, but when the opportunity presents itself to do the Alpha of her old pack a favor to get a chance to come back she jumps on it. She never expected to meet her mate or that he would reject her, deciding life has given her enough lemons she tells him to stay away. What happens with Grizzly shifter Jonas Browning decides he wants Annie as his mate and he changed his mind?

Fun read, this was quickly paced and I thought the parts with Jonas were
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short novella does contain adult scenes towards the end.

This novella follows Dr. Annie Cryer who is a wolf shifter that has been banished from her pack years ago. She has been wondering about trying to help people. Annie’s pack leader calls and asks for her to help Grizzly shifter Jonas Browning whose clan is in trouble and in return she will be let back into her pack.

For being just a novella, it has enough background information that the story felt very complete. After finishing the book,
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula, missy
Something to Howl About was a quick intro novella about the town of Alphaville, where shifter outcasts live. I enjoyed the story of Jonas and Annie and can't wait for more.

When Dr. Annie Cryer is asked to help the town mayor about the birthing issue with the Grizzly population, she never expected to be drawn to Grizzly alpha Jonas Browning. Will she be able to convince this commitment phobic bear that they are mated or will he turn his back on this lone wolf?

While I enjoyed this story as it prov
Dragana
Classic PNR with a couple of things that bugged me.
- Concept of mates. As soon as they lay eyes on each other they want to have sex and deep meaningful feeling grow like mushrooms after rain. :/
- Inner wolf for heroine reminded me a lot of inner goddess from Fifty Shades of Grey
"The force of that direct attraction almost made her dizzy. It definitely made her wolf squirm and whimper like a puppy looking to be stroked."

Something to Howl About is a short novella that does not bring anything import
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
This is my first time reading Christine Warren’s work. It was not a bad experience, but I felt it could have been better. The story was entertaining and easy to read.
I loved the author’s view on the world of shifters. This installment introduces readers to a town called Alphaville. This is a town, which welcomes shifters of all species down on their luck and have issues be it financial, physical and emotional dealing with. The town provides a haven for them to recover, recuperate, retreat and re
Douglas Meeks
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I am usually a fan of Christine Warren but this was just too much insta-love and WAY over the top alpha male mess. The first time Annie and Jonas are in a room together (like only a few minutes since he laid eyes on her) he has her backed into a corner and slobbering all over her.

Maybe it is just my mood but I was just not impressed with skipping any pretense of a romance and just moving right into "mate" and then him thinking that he should not link himself to any single woman was just too much
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Something to Howl About by Christine Warren

Light hearted paranormal series opener. Full of humor, with much of it on the sarcastic side. Humor of the kind that doesn’t take it all so seriously. My favorite type of writing.
I don’t know why I haven’t read this author before but will absolutely look for this new series as well as looking into the original of this spinoff.

The below makes the town of Alphaville sound dark and sad but that was not at at my first impression. To me it is a town of reju
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)
Christine Warren packs a lot of fun in this novella! Zippy humor, blazing chemistry, and a steamy romance provide a rollicking introduction to the Alphaville series!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the St. Martin’s Press via NetGalley.
Cassandra
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I received a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I usually buy Christine Warren’s books in paperback!!

The cover is beautiful! I like it!

This is a prequel in a new series called Alphaville by Christine Warren which is a spin-off from The Others series. This is an adult series, and this is only a novella about 86 pages.

This wa
Tanya Davis
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it

I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Something to Howl About is a short novella introducing Alphaville. The town of Alpha is where shifters who don't really get along in the outside world come to reside. Not because they are bad or anything, they just aren't of a pack mentality or prefer their own ways.

It just so happens that Dr. Annie Cryer is wandering the country without a place t

Tina
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christine Warren has been my favorite shifter author since I discovered the world of shifters. When I was told about this new series, I was out if my mind with glee. If you've read her Other's series, you know what I'm talking about.

This was a great introduction into this new series. It is just a novella, so it's just a taste of what's to come. It was gritty and downright feral. The back and forth between mates that had one denying the process. I seriously can't wait to dig into Baby, I'm Howli
Megan
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
There was nothing wrong with this book. It was a short shifter book.. I am excited about the town.. but thats about all I got out of this book.. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was a kind of intro into Warren's new series and that is exactly what we got with this book. A short intro. The romance wasn't great. I think it could have been if the book was longer. But there isn't a whole lot of development that can be done in such a short story. But like I said I am excited for the town and I ...more
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
Great start of a new serie!
SheLove2Read
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Beginning of a new series. I liked it.
Les Romantiques
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

Here is a novella of about 80 pages introducing a new series by Christine Warren titled Alphaville, which will be about a town created by shifters and become a haven for those who don’t have anywhere else to go.
Inevitably, those who know me won’t be surprised to know I first read the volume 1, Baby I’m Howling for you, before this novella.
It’s a good thing though because if Something to Howl About reads ea
April Symes
Something to Howl About by Christine Warren is book 0.5 in the "Alphaville" series. This is the story of Annie Cryer and Jonas Browning. This new series is a spin off; set in the world of Warren’s Others series. You do not have to have read the Others series books to read this and follow along. This is a novella and a really fast read.
This basically is about two shifters- one is a female wolf and the other is a male bear-- Dr. Annie Cryer & Jonas Browning. Annie was banished from her pack. S
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I've always loved Christine Warren's shifter stories. Not that I didn't love her gargoyles too, but her shifters are my favorite. Something to Howl About is the first book in her new Alphaville series. It branches between her The Others series very nicely.

If you follow me then you know that Grizzlies are my favorite of the shifters with tigers running a close second. Not to worry there's a tiger in this series too.
Angela
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome introduction to a new series!

All Annie Cryer wants is to return home, but she knows that may never happen. So when she is offered the ability to go home by performing a job, she jumps at the chance and lands herself in Alpha … and into the presence of handsome and danger to her libido, Jonas Browning.

Jonas needs help before his clan goes extinct. They need to know why there is a problem with his clan of Grizzlies conceiving. What he didn’t expect was the expert to be so darn luscious an
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something to Howl About is a super short, but great introduction to the Alphaville world. In this book, we have Annie a wolf shifter and Jonas who is a Grizzly shifter. Annie is a very cool character and I loved her. Jonas has a couple of hang-ups which made him seem too human and plain. They are about the mating in his species and it was very weird reading about them. Thank God, his momma put some sense into him. I hope we will see these two more when the full-length books come into play. I was ...more
Hannah
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

This came out earlier this month and it's a pretty easy going romance that helps set up the town and what it is like there. Annie is a genius and as a favor to her old alpha with the promise of being reinstated into the pack she is suppose to help the bears with their problem. Jonas asked for help because he is worried about his clan and falling head over heels for the little wolf who is suppose to fix things wasn't supposed to happen. When she tells him that they are mates he overrea
Katrina Berry
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Something to Howl About by Christine Warren is the start of the brand new paranormal romance series Alphaville.

This is a fast and fun shifter novella that hits the ground running. As we’ve come to expect from Ms. Warren, Something to Howl About is fantabulous and filled with humor, great characters with wonderful chemistry and heat all wrapped up in a well-defined world that we’d just love to escape into.

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both hones
Darla
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Banished from her pack years ago, Dr Annie Cryer goes to Alpha, Washington also known as Alphaville at the behest of the Alpha of her pack. He tells her he'll lift her banishment if she helps them. Annie is several things including a genetic scientist which is what Jonas Browning needs. Jonas is a brown bear shifter and their clan is in danger of going extinct as they haven't had any children born in generations. Upon seeing Jonas Annie knows he's her Mate but Jonas very rudely tells her that br ...more
Faith89
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc-review
copy received courtesy of Netgalley for honest review
This is a nice teaser to introduce us to the town of Alphaville. Jonas is a bear shifter and his clan is in jeopardy. The are slowly going extinct. There has not been a birth in 100 years. Dr Annie Cryer is a genetic specialist. She was banned from her wolfpack several years ago and floats from place to place. when they meet, Annie knows Jonas is her mate. Jonas does not react well and things get a little testy. After a somewhat funny conversa
  • Hitman Wedding (Bad Boy Inc., #4)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Blindsided (Roman Holiday #3)
  • Ten Thousand Lies (Ten Thousand, #2)
  • Beginnings (Brady Trilogy, #1)
  • Cougar Bait (Cougarville, #2)
  • Between a Highlander and a Hard Place (Highland Weddings, #5)
  • The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1)
  • Samuel (Samuel's Pride #1)
  • Heart Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #3)
  • Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Bitten Under Fire
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
  • Meat
  • Claimed by Love (Wild Hunters, #1)
  • Incandescent
  • Under Her Skin (Shifter Shield, #1)
Born and raised in coastal New England, Christine Warren lived in the South and the Mid-Atlantic before hopping to the other side of the country to take up the life of a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her landlocking phobia. Hmm, need to research a scientific term for that...

When not scrambling frantically to complete her latest writi

Alphaville (3 books)
  • Baby, I'm Howling for You (Alphaville, #1)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • Alphaville #3