Start by marking “Fear the Wicked (Illusions Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Wicked (Illusions Duet, #2)

Fear the Wicked (Illusions Duet #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Book Two in the Illusions Duet:

CONFESS.

It's what he said to me across his altar, what he demanded so that I would be pure.

In the moment he blessed me with his virtue, I was no longer the woman I'd once been.

I was Eve.

His light. His salvation. His bridge to Heaven's gate.

I failed him because my faith was not strong enough.

He punished me for not giving in.

Resisting temptatio
Published November 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear the Wicked

Natalie The Biblioholic
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 YOWZA stars!!

In book one, I learned about the cult that Elijah had created and witnessed how confused and brainwashed Eve became under his influence. I felt her pain, disillusionment, fear, and need. I also saw her devout faith and belief in the ism that Elijah had created. Elijah was clearly a monster, but this book made me see him so much more clearly. I finally got to understand his motives and his story broke my heart. Is it odd that I was truly sympathetic to this character? I really wa
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI didn't enjoy this one as much as I did book one. It felt too long and drawn out and I found my attention waning quite a few times. I know the author was laying down much needed background, but I found most of the Jacob stuff a bit of a slog to get through. It does pick up at about 80% but that was too late to get me back and fully invested. That said, the writing was still phenomenal. The plot was intricate and engaging. The layers of these characters are slowly peeled back as we get glimpse
warhawke
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sinners

Genre: Dark Erotica/Psychological Thriller
Type: Book 2 of 2 from Illusions Duet
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Faith could help people find an anchor in life, but it could also give an unimaginable pain. What would happen when the wicked walk freely among them? In the battle of good versus evil, will faith save them or lead them astray?

The concept of faith is a fascinating one for me. I always find it interesting to see how one chose a certain path to live. And this book is basically the ho
CC

Jacob Hayle has abandoned his parish and it’s questionable as to whether he’s also left behind his faith. Looking for answers, he travels to his childhood home hoping to gain insight into his own shadows and also those belonging to his brother.

“Vengeance was the steady pulse inside my heart, the black shadow over my eyes and the caustic veil that smothered me day in and day out until I promised myself to take it.”

Jericho “Elijah” Hayle is a man with a mission. Having left behind his past, his
Elle
3* until we go down STARS!

Despite the brilliant writing from Lily White, I couldn't connect with this book. I really enjoyed Illusion of Evil for twisted reasons. I'm more #TeamJacob and desperately hope he will win against the evil. But it didn't happen right away. For twisted reasons, the author prolong my misery for Jacob to come back.

Basically the story is all about Elijah and his cult. I'm skipping pages because it didn't interest me. Elijah is a sick fuck that I want him gone. Sadly, Sedr
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, loved-it
This is book two in the Illusions Duet. Make sure you read Illusions Of Evil first as this starts where book one finishes.

Wow I’m not sure I can put into words what an amazing captivating read this is. After reading book one I couldn’t wait to read this and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. From start to finish I was engrossed in the story. I didn’t wanna put it down. Told from multiple points of view we get the most out of this story.

The twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat and my hea
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exemplary work by Lily. A brilliant masterpiece exposing the rotting underbelly of the age old establishments of Faith & Power. She shines the light on nefarious misgivings of these thespians of Cloth, since it's more dramatic & theatrical than Broadway itself.
I applaud her courage for willing to write about the prevalent predation that's been a constant scandal in the Catholic world. This abuse, however is not exclusive, or limited to a particular faith or religion. I see it as an expo
Susan
"...it’s a shame that people have been led astray for so long[.]"

This author has so much to say and say it well she does through her mesmerizing, frankly erotic and insightful story and deeply developed characters. While the first book "Illusions of Evil" was primarily told through the POV of Jacob and Sedra (Eve as she was named by Jericho (Elijah) twin to Jacob. In this book, Jericho, who transformed himself into Elijah, also speaks to us.

The weighty, enlightening and spiritual themes are punc
Dani
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lily does it again. I'm utterly speechless. This duet has woven an intricate tale of taboo, dark, and edgy. I spent most of the time reading this on the edge of my seat.

This is the second book in the duet, so you need to read Illusions of Evil. The twists and turns keep you guessing, leaving you wanting and needing to turn the page. The intricate web woven with in tense passion, desire, and some incredible bumps. Just when you think you know what's happening, the path changes and you're left ga
Mirjam
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it

“There was no good in this world, only the wicked”

What can I say… I’m a bit disappointed in book 2. It was not what I had expected, it dragged somewhat. There was a lot of repetition; about their childhood, the actions of their father and the lack of action of their mother. But we also get answers to the questions we were left with in book 1.

Fear the wicked opens right where Illusions of Evil left off.
Feeling distraught by the events in book 1 Jacob Hayle has fled his parish and, very like
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
Well good golly gee!!! Oh man! Oh man! Oh “friggin” man! If loving White’s twisted mind is wrong, I don’t want to be right!

What do I say? Where do I start? First, you must read Illusions of Evil. You can’t allow the cart before the horse. Things will make more sense, trust.

In FTW, we learn as sons of a preacher, the boys experienced some things that doesn’t make them quite right in the head . White does a fabulous job building up to the crazy and delusions! Oh how I wish I could say more!

If you’
Cécile Smits
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second part of this dark duet lives up to its title......and then some! I’m lost for words,truelly....This isn’t just dark,it’s black and i warn you....you need to brace yourself,no....you need to buckle up and hold on for dear life if you read this! But it’s worth it,i promise.
Thea™
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This is book #2 in the Illusions Duet.... and - sorry! - but I'm sooo glad it's over! 😉 Although I definitely liked parts of this books, the religious mambo jambo was really boring. And at long last, the end was very 'standard'! For me, there was nothing exciting or spectacular or surprising about the end... at all. It even felt a little rushed? Like Lily White was done with it... like even she wanted it to end, lol! {Beetje flauw, 'standaard' einde wat bovendien afgeraffeld voelde!}
For me this
Lo Bookfrantic
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng

3.5-4 ★★★★ Stars

Genre:  Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of 2 from Illusions Duet
POV: First Person – Multiple

"The people dressing themselves in the shroud of being good men that can commit the most evil…Those men would be better off opening their eyes to the truth that stands them, because to see it is to fear the wicked."

Image result for gif we're all dark inside

Fear the wicked; continues the journey of manipulation and deception; of what is wrong and right.  Is hard to review this book without giving away spoilers for book
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
That the truly wicked are the men hiding behind the guise of faith while committing the worst of sin….

This duet is a disconcerting psychological thriller. Lily drives the tension in unpredictable ways all while emphasizing the complex and tortured relationships between her obsessive and pathological characters.

Many abhorrent things have been done in the name of religion. It has been the catalyst for so many nefarious purposes. Lily’s daring willingness to write a book involving such a controv
E.M. Summers
Title: Fear the Wicked
Author: Lily White
Series: Illusions Duet #2
Genre: suspense
Heat: 1/5
Rating: 3/5

Background
Lily White has fast become one of my must-click authors, and having very much enjoyed reading the first in this duet, I was awaiting the second with much anticipation.

Cover
Much better than the first, this cover is dark and really grabs the attention whilst providing a small hint about what's to come.

Writing
White is, for the most part, a fantastic writer: thoughtful, concise, poetic. Howe
Selena Lanovara-scott
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Edge of you seat page turner every chapter felt like a cliffhanger. Brilliant You feel for all 3 of them Eve aka Sedra, Elijah aka Jeremiah and Jacob.

The twist and turns. My take on religion is simple god forgave us for our sins. He saw the wicked of the world. It was up to you to fight it but not how you think.

How lost people will follow those they believe are stronger, mightier, holier, without second guessing right or wrong.

Either Stand with the Wicked or Fight with all you got not to be te
Romance Readers Retreat
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have long been a fan of Lily White’s dark and twisted mind and after reading her recent dark psychological thriller, Illusions of Evil I could not wait for the conclusion. In the first book, we meet Jacob, Elijah and Eve and venture down the twisted path of a mad man. In Fear the Wicked, we get to experience the horrors that shaped him and set him on his insane path of destruction and revenge. Some books leave you struggling to find words to accurately do them justice and this is one such book ...more
Christina

2. Are a devout Catholic who doesn't want to revisit issues within the Church
3. Are one of those readers who judge an author by what they write
4. Had a difficult childhood and have triggers

REVIEW:
Good Lord!!!! This Duet has definitely pulled me through some of my personal comfort zones. Not so much due to the content of the story, but by the subject matter. I'm not a "religious" person by any means, but to
Nadine Bookaholic
3.5
This book had a LOT of WTF moments for me, and I seriously only have one HARD LIMIT when it comes to books and this book touched on that subject a few times and I will be honest here I had to skim through a couple of pages to pass it over. That being said I will now go on with my review.

If you like dark books I think you will enjoy this one especially if you enjoy your books more on the taboo side of things. You MUST read the first book in the duet "Illusions of Evil" before you read this sto
Kim BookJunkie
If you read ILLUSIONS OF EVIL, a part of your soul will be missing until read this gripping conclusion! In this sequel, we are finally given an explanation regarding why Jericho/Elijah is as screwed up as he is. I was glued to the pages as Jacob, “dug deep” to find answers to the questions both he and I shared about why Jericho was so evil. In FEAR THE WICKED, we also get more examples of just how warped Jericho/Elijah’s mind has truly become. The actions of this dangerously crafty, depraved cha ...more
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
It’s a rare thing...a book that leaves me in awe. This two part series is defined as a dark psychological thriller and it really lives up to its genre. With an underlying commentary of current affairs and the real horrors that are the 21st century reality I was taken away to a small mountain side town that was blind sided by their conviction in their faith as their desperation took them to a whole new low of humanity. The slow unraveling of the past, the secrets exposed to reveal the whys only a ...more
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
This is one gripping read. We are taken on a journey into the darkness of what happens and becomes of the young and vulnerable and when a young boy/boys are constantly used and abused in the most abhorrent ways by the poelple who are supposed to protect them no matter what.

Elijah/Jericho and Jacobs story is hard to read. The struggles, redemption, revenge and the path in which they each endured is so different but somehow justified ( not the killings).

Eve/Sedra is the scapegoat within the story
Cindi Russell
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Created. Molded. Shaped and formed, I was what he wanted. " "I loved him and feared him. Worshipped him and despised him. I couldn't live without him, even while knowing he would one day kill me". This is Eve, the brainwashed, tortured, mentally and physically abused wife of Elijah. The ultimate case of Stockholm. This is the rest of her story, along with more of the background of both Elijah and Jacob, the twin brothers who both had blackness in their souls. Much will finally be revealed about ...more
Melanie Cesa
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I disguised myself well as a man of God, and as I lurked beneath the mask of a decent man, I was the worst type of demon of all. I couldn’t take credit for the idea – the same types of demons had long ago preyed on me.”

There were a lot of layers to this story. The start is much slower paced than the first book while laying all the “ground work”, but it really picks up halfway through the story.

My heart ached for these 3 characters. Seeing into Jacob & Jericho’s past is heart aching, Jericho
ReadingDiva Book Reviews
**review to post soon**
Janie
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoa! What did I just read? This is the conclusion to Jacob, Eve, and Elijah's story and what a wicked twisted ride it was. I'm glad that we get to see why Elijah/Jericho is as insanely evil as he is and those reasons made me feel for him. But omg the things that he does in his quest for revenge are beyond evil. This book will have you questioning good vs evil. Nature vs nurture. Faith vs disbelief. Is organized religion just another guise for a cult? Are the most evil people of all hiding in pl ...more
Michelle
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
Beta Read

Another will written read from Lily White an epic second book in the Illusions Duet.

The conclusion - Will the veil be removed!

You will know the first part of this story, now lets look back to the past and beyond all the smoke & mirrors, secrets uncovered, betrayal's and shocks are in store along with brutal scenes when revenge needs to be fast tracked.

Who are the real victims in this story and can anyone walk away a survivor.
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fear the Wicked
By: Lily White
4 Stars

This is book 2 and you must read book 1 of the Illusions Duet before starting this one. It’s a Wicked ride and you most definitely want to buckle up for it!

Picking up right where we left off in Illusions of Evil, we now get to learn of what these boys went through to become who they are today. Not a pretty picture, that’s for sure.

This story had me trying to think am I rooting for the good or am I standing up for the evil? There is plenty of evil here, that’s
Renee
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Fear the Wicked is the second book in Lily White's Illusions Duet. You must read Illusions of Evil before reading Fear the Wicked or you are going to be beyond lost.

CONFESS.....it is what he said to me across his altar, what he demanded so that I would be pure. In the moment he blessed me with his virtue, I was no longer the woman I had once been. I was Eve. His light. His salvation. His bridge to Heaven's gate. I failed him
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lily White is a dark writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series (Her Master’s Courtesan and Her Master’s Teacher), Target This, Hard Roads, and Asylum. She’s co-authored Serial (a four part serial series). When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estat ...more

Illusions Duet (2 books)
  • Illusions of Evil (Illusions Duet, #1)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • New York Dead (Stone Barrington #1)
  • Heart-Shaped Box
    $11.99 $2.99
  • 15 Seconds
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • CyberStorm
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Fifth To Die (4MK Thriller, #2)
  • The Secret Mother