Start by marking “Whispers From The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Whispers From The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)

Whispers From The Dead

(The Veil Diaries #4)

Trigger warning: Flashback scenes.

Hi, I’m Alexis Delaney. I’m your average 17-year-old girl. Except I can see the dead. And talk to the dead and help them move on. So… okay, I’m not your average 17-year-old girl. The Veil is still shut. Which means the dead can’t move on, not on their own. Through my Link to the Veil, I’ve been able to start helping souls to cross. The
Published October 27th 2017

Start your review of Whispers From The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)
Kathy Rachel
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is when a time machine would come in handy. Jump a couple years in the future get all the books downloaded and then pop back to present time with the whole series. BOOM! Instant happiness 😁.
taveena kade
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Is anyone else not surprised that this book is amazing? B. L. Brunnemer has done it again with this next installment in her Veil Diaries series. I absolutely adored the chapters with Rory and the guys’ point of views though I was disappointed that this book was waaaayyy shorter than the others. I guess all I have left to say is....when is the next book coming out??? Brunnemer’s made me an addict of her series and let me tell you this-I don’t mind one single bit;)

Update: 10/26:
It's going to be he/>Update:
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
I liked this one less than the previous book. The thing is, nothing really happened. This felt like a complete filler. At least it worked to get Ethan and Isaac more involved, I guess. What I really loved was Miles and any pages concerning him.
So that's enough rambling. It's 3 am and I'm tired as heck.
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4.5 stars

I need one.
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
Ohh...this book. Dead Man's Chest syndrome but I still love it.

I'm hoping to reread quickly and get a review out soon!
Kayla
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is getting stronger by every book and I can't wait til the sequel!
Daisy Delfin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This is a really amazing book. I couldn't put it down.
Why are B. L.'s book always so short 😉? I am looking forward to get the next book. How will the relationship between Lexi and her boys develop. How will her necromancer abilities grow. How and when will the characters of the two series (Books of stone and The Veil Diaries) meet in person?
B.L. did it again, she is an amazing author. Good luck with writing the next installment.
Peter Carlstrom
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
It was OK

Plenty of PTSD, pouting, posturing and other lame behaviors with very little advancement of the story line. One kiss in murky circumstances not acknowledged by either party. The girl annoyed the heck out of me by being winy sissy without an iota of personal courage in terms of acknowledging her feelings. Lame.
Rebekkaar
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want, No i Neeeeeed this book so much. Love the series:)

27.10-3017 I LOOOOOVE this book series so much💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Stelmaria
In this installment, we follow Lexie as the tries to get over last book's events, while getting way more chapters from the guys point of view and how their feelings evolve (which I greatly appreciated). We also deep dive into the twin's traumatic past and get to know them better.

Ghosts are more present (yay !), as we begin to have information about the power structure in the magical field. Lexie's powers continue to evolve as she gets stronger and develops new ability.

I still see th
Lexie is still recovering from her ordeal back in January when she was kidnapped and almost sexually assaulted. Despite being a very strong character in the past, she is now shaken emotionally and can barely go anywhere without one of the guys or her massive dog to help with her anxiety. Most of this book is her working through that.

Sometimes it is a little jolting to return to a series like this with such a slow burn, but I love it. We are still in that "admitting feelings to oneself but not o
Cecilia
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know a book is good when you read Book 1 to 4 in the span of 3 days!!!

- In this book Lexi is still recovering to the trama that happen in the last book.
- The boys are all wonderful as always, and she starts developing feelings for almost everyone.
-I liked how we got to see Issac and Ethan's story
-Again I really loved the POV from the guys.

I can't wait until book 5!!!!! I wonder how many books she plans to have in this series.
It would be interesting what become
Jessica
The full 4 stars this time!

Yes, I was wary going into this one. After what happened in Book 3 (which I won't tell), I was worried about Lexie. Don't worry... Hang on... That's all I can say about that.

This one has more meat. More progress than I expected. And, once I finished it, I wanted to read the next one. Like, the waited for my pre-ordered book to show up in my kindle app at midnight kind of want. You know, the BEST kind of want.
Tiera McMillian
3-3.5 stars.. For some reason Goodreads is having an issue and not letting me click the rating so I'll have to try to remember to come back and do that. Honestly, I don't even know with this series anymore.. when there is just so much angst for so freaking many books eventually you just get kind of meh about it. I'm not even sure if I want anything to happen with Lexie and the guys anymore. I'm so over it and so mad at myself that I don't want to give up this series. Its ridiculous! Yes this is ...more
Rhiannon Chillingworth
3.5, as this felt like filler, although necessary filler. I am impressed with the way the writer deals with the trauma Lexie and the others are facing. It feels realistic and isn't over-sensationalised like it often can be in books.
sonya
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Same old same old. I can’t seem to stop with the series and know I’ll finish it but it’s nothing special. Not bad not great so if you are looking for an easy read go for it.
Lissa Hawley
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eagerly anticipated and quickly devoured. I adore this series and will be perpetually wanting more.
The Talented Miss Ripley
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Makes the ghosts go away

I truly enjoyed this series so far and to find out its a 15 book series...I was in love! The series is said to end with high school and will continue after into a new series! I can't wait! I have found another writer to adore!

Ok now my review because this series sure as hell deserves one! I love each and every book cover in this series so far! I have only read books 1-4.

I love Ethan,Issac, Miles, Asher, Zeke and Lexie! The characters feel like they are a
Rapid Reader
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem
So looking forward for the next installment!
Missy Brown
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whispers From The Dead is book 3.5/4. We pick up alittle time from where When to Fear The Living leaves off. Lexi has been trying to deal with the psychological effects of the attack. She is trying so hard to get her life back on track without fear. But with Zeke, Isaac, Miles, Ethan and Asher there to help guide her when ever they are needed, she is slowly getting her life back. She is also dealing with the dead. They are getting more pushy in their need to cross over. Add in Sophie, the twin's ...more
JadeShea
Lexi is working hard to getting souls to cross over while working on fixing the Veil. It is a slow processes, but it is working so far. That is until she starts to have issues and she starts keeping things from the guys.

The guys are having issues as well, and she is still trying to get over a lot of things that happened in the previous book. She has a lot to do and a lot to get done, but she may be destroying herself in the process.

This book was really good and another great addition to the st
Tami Gunther
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waited till midnight to download the book from amazon so when it didn't come through straight away I got impatient and bought it off of iBooks instead 😂 so yeah, I paid for two copies 😂 anyway, I'm finished now and wanting the next one so ... 😢 I wish it was longer !!!! 😢😢
Megan
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This series is good and I fly through them but I just feel like it is so damn slow. At least no one was dating anyone else in this book. That was my major issue with the other books.
Kaza
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh
Alexis is still annoying but the story is enjoyable anyway.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Whispers from the Dead picks up right where book 3 left off. Lexie is recovering from her attack and its been rough. She is really struggling with PTSD. On top of all that, she is still trying to fix the veil. Some of the ghosts are impatient jerks and not willing to wait for Lexie to get to them. I think what I like about these books is there is so much going on! First, Lexie is a teenage girl. She does impulsive things like punch a girl because she is mad. She is dealing with romantic feelin
~Victoria~
Title: Whispers from the Dead
Series: The Veil Diaries, #4
Author: B.L. Brunnemer
Rating: 4 Stars
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
“Everything was starting to feel like it was on a timer and when time was up, all hell was going to break loose.”

The book focused a lot on Lexie and her PTSD after the nightmare she endured at the hands of Clay Ordin in the previous book. A slow road to recovery but having the guys and Rory there for her, the healing process was indeed happening.
/>/>/>/>
Searcy
This series is so very good. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys RH (and maybe even some who don't, but who like YA PNR). I am going to bump this up to 5 instead of 4 after this re-read.

This particular installment was everything an intermediary X.5 book should be. It progressed the main story a bit (actually more than many intermediate books do), but more importantly, it brought resolution to a number of side elements in a believable way. Namely, giving Lexie a chance to belie
Ashley Barry
What’s up guys? It’s me again, here to rain on everyone’s Veil Diaries parade. Or maybe just drizzle this time? Because this book wasn’t as bad as book two or three, so I’m going to try to lighten up a bit.

Don’t get me wrong, this is still going to be mostly negative, but I do have some positives to say. But we’ll save those so that this review ends on a happier note.

I feel like a broken record with my complaints for this series.

❌ Lexie is a damsel that masque
Sunshine & Bullets
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Just to clarify - I don't write reviews. BUT -

Warning: This is YA and not as hard and heavy as I was anticipating but I don't even care...
Ok, although not too much seems to happen in this series (some will argue),
I don't even care one bit. I am hooked on these characters and I'm absolutely tortured to learn that I have to wait until book 5 comes out... I mean, people that have read up until this book will understand why it is such a tease to have come this far only to be teased, to wait.....
Bubbles The Book Pimp
4th installement in this YA RH PNR... phew that’s a lot of letters!!

Set after the traumatic events of book 3, this book is shorter but in no way lacking in story.

Lexie has returned to school and is dealing with PTSD, the growing dead who are becoming increasingly pushy, Asher a delightful sister and her own harebrained cousin... and oh yeah an asshole of a vice principal.

So long story short another day in the life of a 17 year old necromancer... the challenges she is facing are made easier wi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Love Potion (Ariel Kimber, #2)
  • The Dragon's Wing (Kit Davenport, #2)
  • Free Spirit
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
  • Brothers of the Flame (Ariel Kimber #1)
  • The Vixen's Lead (Kit Davenport, #1)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1)
  • The Tiger’s Ambush (Kit Davenport, #3)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Marked By Power (The Marked, #1)
  • Born of Embers (Phoenix Rising #1)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • Academy of Assassins (Academy of Assassins, #1)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Blood Magic (Ariel Kimber #3)
B.L.Brunnemer has been a devoted reader since she was young. As a child, she was instantly attracted to horror stories. The plot, the suspense, the action. She loved it all. Which, as she grew, branched out into several other genres. But a strong female character always caught her eye. Through the years romance became a big part of her reading. Then she found the Young Adult/New Adult genre. But s ...more

The Veil Diaries (7 books)
  • Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #1)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
  • When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)
  • Secrets From the Grave (The Veil Diaries, #6)
  • When The Dead Have It Easy (The Veil Diaries #7)
“Stop!” Isaac shouted dramatically. Both Mira and I spun around. Riley was in the waiting area shaking her head. Isaac was standing in the doorway still in his PJ’s. “Don’t cut that wench’s hair!” He puffed up his chest. Ethan gave him a shove from behind so he could come inside. Ethan was also still in his pajamas. I bit back a smile as they came over.” 1 likes
“I can’t lose her. She’s… she’s Lexie. Losing her would be it. I couldn’t take it. I decided to stop thinking and just watch her breathe.” 1 likes