Start by marking “Black Widow” as Want to Read:
Black Widow

Black Widow

A PIECE OF PAPER DESTROYED ME.

Destroyed my perfectly crafted illusion of freedom.
Going back was a decision I would never freely make, but I had no other choice.
There would be consequences if I ran. . . again.

ONE LIE.

That’s all he asked, but that’s all it took to change the course of my life, and everyone around me.
My mission was simple. . . just lie and be patient.

A
Published November 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Black Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Widow

Start your review of Black Widow
Coco.V
Oct 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/2/18)!

Blurb:
A PIECE OF PAPER DESTROYED ME.

Destroyed my perfectly crafted illusion of freedom.
Going back was a decision I would never freely make, but I had no other choice.
There would be consequences if I ran. . . again.

ONE LIE.

My mission was simple. . . just lie and be patient.

A black widow awaits patiently for her prey before striking out,
but what happens if instead
Daria

A new to me author Mia Raphael, I can say interesting and intriguing in parts. Growing up in a life that wasn't your choice. Forced to do and become the bad @#@! and that she did. Meet Willow Aka Bianca tough as nails and can back up the attitude.

Taken from a happy life by her real father to learn first hand what's it's like in a crime organization. Even from a young girl, she learned things no child should learn. She ran away looking for the normal life until she couldn't run any
Shelli
This book was surprisingly good. It was different than I expected, but I liked it.
We first meet Willow Blanca as a young girl, and see how she becomes Black Widow. She's a strong woman, who definitely knows how to take care of herself. I loved seeing how she met William, and I loved seeing his family too. She definitely had a really tough time of it as a girl, but she's hoping to have a normal life now. Unfortunately, she's keeping secrets from William, and it turns out he has a few secrets of
 Tania
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Blanca Willow aka Black Widow was taken at a young age by her Father the boss of the Yakuza

They are Arachnids which is a branch of the Yakuza.
From the moment she was taken by her Father her life became hell.
She was beaten, Raped and broken and trained to be the next Oyabun, the family boss.

Her father finally dies and Willow thinks she is finally free.
She meets William and the relationship between the two is just a special kind of beautiful even with lies and secrets between them.

When the
Aղցela W.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review Coming
Carla
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Carla's Three Star Review

Blanca Willow's first years of life were great. Unfortunately, that all changed the day her biological father showed up. Her father was the head of the criminal organization known as the Yakusa, and he was beyond evil.

From the moment her father took her, Willow's life became a living hell. She was beaten, raped, tortured, and trained to take over her father's position one day. When her father dies, she is finally free to live her life, and this is when she meets William.
Izzybear
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Puts One’s Heart in a Vise and Captures Your Breath (4.5 )

Black Widow was another wonderfully written book by Mila Raphael. It was a short story that had me bursting with all kinds of emotions. The prologue melted my heart and then bam the very first chapter shattered it. The author successfully had me feeling for Willow. I could imagine the pain, heartache, total terror, helplessness, anger and numbness she must of felt. I’m not going to lie some of the scenes were gut wrenching to me and made
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved how this story gave background to Willow and her life from a young girl to becoming the “Black Widow”. Even though Willow is a strong character who can certainly defend herself, she is desperate for somebody just to love her. When she meets William, he is kind and understanding of her behaviour, but will secrets tear them apart? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written short story, which had me intrigued and captivated throughout. ...more
Jenny B
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Black Widow was a book that was much different than I was expecting but it was a great read. Blanca Willow is an incredibly strong and has gone through so much in her lifetime. She is trying to live her life as normally as she can despite her upbringing. She meets WIlliam and their story is so interesting and trying to navigate their relationship through the lies and omitted truths. I loved how it developed slowly yet so deeply.

Would definitely recommend this read for someone look for a dark
Book-Lovin-Momma
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this intricately woven, fast-paced read! The intensity blew me away. Blanca enjoyed some good years of childhood before it was ripped away from her in a heartbeat. Taken, tortured and shaped into the Black Widow, she is nothing of the innocent child she used to be. William was amazing, but could they get escape their pasts and come out on the other side together? I loved this story - it drew me into its web and ensnared me from the very beginning.
Lisa Roberts
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it just wow. It was fast paced and so many secrets,twists and turns that kept you guessing until the very last page and what an ending it was. I loved the characters and the way the story unfolded and Willow what a strong woman she had become at such a young age at no choices of her own. I did like William but he was a mystery that I couldn't figure out until the end and just WOW!!! Highly recomended
I voluntarily read a readers copy of this book
Heather
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a first for me by this author and I wouldn't hesitate to read more! Willow is one kick a** female , even with all she had to go through. I suspected about William the whole time but he's still a greast guy. They both had their secrets. Definitely recommend.
Stephanie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the first page! Willow’s journey was one of twists and turns.

I really liked Willow’s strength and the fight she had in her. I adore William.

A great story with interesting characters and plots. I would read more by this author.

I voluntarily reviewed this book.
Gladys
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black Widow is an intense and powerful read. Blanca Willow/Black Widow's story is hard, harsh and painful. Full of terror, pain and suffering it is a moving and heartbreaking read. Secrets and twists keep you engaged. Wish it had been longer. I'm posting a voluntary review after reading an ARC copy of this book.
Eva
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story so good couldn't put it down so much going on it was an excellent story and I soon finished it definitely want to read more from this author.. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Mona williams
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
i really like the book! there was just some parts missing . it threw me off and confused me. it about a young girl who is thrown into this life of crime by her father. she has to kill or be killed . this is why she is called the widow.
LaGina
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great new to me author that has captured me with this really good story. It had all the elements that I would want in a good read and maybe some that I thought I might not have wanted it but in this story it comes together very well.
Mary
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grippig

This book is not for the faint of heart. Very graphic but you are compelled to keep reading. I read this book in a day, I just had to know what was going to happen. Thank you for a great read.
Tracy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read...i wasn't sure how I would feel about it going in but I was surprised how much i liked it..I loved Williams character ...I felt like parts of the story were rushed but still good
Syd Ryan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to agree with the majority of reviewers before me. A different story you were not entirely expecting. I got lost following in a few various parts of the story.
Sparklin
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book did not disappoint. Willow had a rough life. Can she truly leave it all behind. And find true love. The story twisted and turned until the end.
SUE  Sidebottom
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I liked the storyline it was difficult at times to keep up with it. I frequently felt like I was missing something.
The Dark Newsletter.com

Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Or join our group: facebook.com/groups/TheDarkNewsletter/
Nancy George
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Black Widow was a little hard for me to keep up with all the time. But once I reread the part it wasn't. The things that Willow went through will make your heart hurt. William is the only sunshine in her life for a while. Then bam another twist. Do not miss this book.
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)

Subscribe to our newsletter: https://goo.gl/SrUf3e
Or join our group: facebook.com/groups/TheDarkNewsletter/
Reva Coomer
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Different than I expected. A great story line...it was just missing some parts. I was kind of lost at times....like I missed part of the story. Willow is a tough one! She endures more than most, and comes out the other side better. William is a sweetie. I loved him immediately. Over all, it was a pretty good read, just wish I wasn't left wanting at some parts.
Tish (Cocktails & Fairytales)
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'm definitely going to be checking out more. I went into this book completely blind simply because the title grabbed my attention.

Blanca Willow is taken by her father and forced into the family business. The things she has to endure are terrible and she soon learns that it's a kill or be killed situation.

I found the story good....it was exciting and flowed pretty well.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review
Vanessa
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I expected at all! Thinking I was getting some dark twisted story I got one that left me laughing more times than I could think. This story was more about Blanca over coming obstacles thrown in her way by her father rather than a love story. There were so many twists and turns in this book it was hard to keep up at times. But, I loved it. I wished I had some more background on Blanca’s childhood but overall good story.
Tyi
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This author is new to me and I wasn't quite sure if I should or should not read it. But then I said...why not? I'm glad that read this wonderful story. Willow and William were two amazing characters. They were so funny. They played off of each other so well. The twist at the end was done well and kept me on the edge my seat and praying for a good outcome. The only thing I wish there was more of the history of the Yakuza mainly the one which was discussed briefly

• Bite Me, Daddy
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Tragic Beauty (Beauty & The Darkness, #1)
  • The Raw Touch
  • Lessons in Corruption (The Fallen Men, #1)
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Peep Show
  • Christmas Daddies
Mila Raphael has a very vivid imagination.
She is slightly addicted to memes.
She loves romance books, but doesn’t really like elaborate endings.

A reader’s ending is always the best version.

Find her on Facebook. Twitter or email her at