Start by marking “Shadow in the Woods” as Want to Read:
Shadow in the Woods

Shadow in the Woods

Six go into the woods. Three come out.

Addie Preston, a new mental health counselor, is flattered when her colleague asks her to co-lead an intensive Ecotherapy weekend for a small group of clients. The band of six head into the remote trails of the Green Mountains.
As a storm engulfs the area, the group takes refuge in a cave off of the trail. No one is prepared for what
Published October 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Shadow in the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow in the Woods

Start your review of Shadow in the Woods
Shaina
This was a unique book. A lot of it was predictable as far as the actions and behaviors of people in this story were concerned. But I think that may have been intentional. The real grab is the “other” in this book. That is what elevated it and also redeemed it from being a 3 star read; was that the “other forces” or outside elements were not predictable. They are the things that made me read on in interest. I was really astonished at some of the things that were put together. So, I’ll keep it a ...more
Jacqueline  Dispenza
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two words: High Tension!
This thriller was a page turner and kept me on the edge of my seat. I am an new J.P Choquette fan.
Bookfan53
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is going to sound a bit bonkers, but I received a recommendation to read this book from an acquaintance of mine who runs a Bigfoot Group, he lives in a State within the USA notorious for Bigfoot sightings(has also had an encounter himself) and runs a group where people from all over the USA send him stories and he puts them out on his site. He also narrates the stories that he is sent. Anyway, he is a big JP Choquette fan and recommended this book.
This is completely different to anything I
Barbara J Maich
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great novel

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and it captivated me from start to finish. It was hard to put down. There was suspense at every chapter. A simple plot to go on a therapy hike into the .mountain. Day one the suspect started and quickly escalated to horror by each member in the group. Not everyone made it home. My first novel by J. P. Looking forward to reading more of her books. I highly recommend this novel
Patty
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book kept me entertained. I wanted it to be real big on the ending, I didn't get it. I was a little disappointed. Sure there is something in the woods. Yes it could kill. Was it explained? Not really. I stayed with the book because it was going great, then, for me, it fizzled. It is a pretty good horror story. Kinda along the lines of bigfoot.
B.L. Teschner
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This book kept me on the edge of my seat at the beginning. The author did a good job at character and scene description. The book did take a turn that I didn’t expect and went into a subject matter I feel uncomfortable reading, so I did skim over those parts. I would have preferred it to end differently but it wasn’t too bad of an ending.
Michele Deppe
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SHADOW IN THE WOODS was great. Suspenseful, quick moving, and unpredictable. The characters were easy to remember with enough detail to care about them, but not so much that it slowed things down. Creepy, absorbing good fun, but not of the “bad dream” variety....although admittedly, I’m glad it’s not hiking season ...more
Karen Shimanek
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

Couldn't put it down-wanting to see what happened next. I am open to things that can't be explained, so I really enjoyed this book. Made me think about what I would do in the same situation.
Allen Goss
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. It will keep you on the edge of your seat “ so to speak”

Very well written book. And very interesting I couldn’t put it down. Stayed up way to late finishing this book. What a great story line
Debbie Kooser
Jul 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not worth the time

This was a total waste of time! If I could give it a zero I would. I didn't like anything about it except that it was free I'm glad I didn't spend any money. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Marty
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
SHADOW IN THE WOODS is a quick, fun read and was hard for me to put down. The suspense runs high and it seems like there were surprises on every page. It pulls you in and keeps you reading like a good thriller should. Love that it is set in beautiful Vermont!
Mary Donegan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Hiking gone wrong meets BigFoot !
Heather
nancy stevenson
Mar 17, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Paris Plot
  • The Dig (The Blackwell Files #9)
  • The Vampire Skeleton
  • The Watcher
  • Tracking the Treasures (The Capsule Killer #1)
  • The Mummifier's Daughter: The First Case for Neti-Kerty (Mysteries of Ancient Egypt Book 1)
  • The Flames of Time (Flames of Time Trilogy Book 1)
  • Destination Unknown (Wings of Steele #1)
  • Switch
  • The Creature of Lituya Bay
  • Seed
  • Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
  • What Happened at the Lake
  • Into the Jungle
  • Hunted
  • The One Who Runs and Hides: A True Story
  • Devil Hunters (Tales of the Crypto-Hunter, #2)
  • Dogman Frightening Encounters
J.P. Choquette is the author of thriller novels set in Vermont. Her books, "turn pages, not stomachs," and frequently tie in the themes of art, nature and psychology. A lover of Gothic books and movies, J.P. enjoys being in nature with her family, spending time in old cemeteries and visiting junk shops.

Learn more about the author at her website, www.jpchoquette.me, where you can grab a free short