Start by marking “Pathways to Joy: Notable Atheists and Their Search for Truth” as Want to Read:
Pathways to Joy: Notable Atheists and Their Search for Truth

Pathways to Joy: Notable Atheists and Their Search for Truth

Do you have a loved one who is an atheist ? This author started to write a letter to a loving family member. The letter became this short but compelling work. In simple prose, Frank Lunn describes two life events that led him on a search for joy, peace and contentment. He finds that this elusive goal has been achieved, surprisingly, by notable atheists who have examined ...more
Published August 31st 2017 by Xulon Press

To ask other readers questions about Pathways to Joy, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Pathways to Joy: Notable Atheists and Their Search for Truth
Maggie MacKenzie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pathways to Joy combines extensive research with an absorbing personal story to create a very readable and compelling case for faith. The book moves from the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, to mathematical evidence for intelligent design in creation. The final chapter becomes philosophical, with a consideration of what it all means for questions of free will, good and evil. It's a very enjoyable and thought-provoking read, likely to launch readers into further ...more
Skye
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At first I was reluctant to read a book whose subject was atheism, however what I found was a beautiful, throughly enjoyable and informative book. The author explores the stories of various notable atheists whose search for truth resulted in their conversion to Christianity. Each story is carefully explored and woven into a charming and thought provoking quick read. At a time in our society where atheism is growing to be more of the norm, this book invites its readers to actively examine and ...more
Michael Ring
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a "joy" to read. Lunn's theme was intriguing: a number of former atheists such as Lewis, Muggeridge, Pascal, Wallace, Flew and others came to faith in Christ, or at least turned to theism and belief in God. The book was well organized with a helpful summary of each main character and his/her thinking. There was an ongoing interaction with the Bible, and the focus on joy was consistent, not only in the title, but throughout the book.
"Pathways" was an easy read with a solid flow to
William Wilcoxson
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author presents case studies summarizing the investigations of atheists into the validity of Jesus Christ and Christianity. His investigation finds a common thread surprisingly consistent among them. He then presents a brief summary of the facts that changed the mind of one of the most famous atheist, Anthony Flew. A short, concise and entertaining read that may help convert the doubter, and provides a Pathway to Joy for everyone !
Terry Scallan
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks for “Pathways to Joy”. It was an interesting read. I especially enjoyed chapter IX & XI.
I sometimes fall into that group of people who wonder why God allows certain events to happen.
Looking at it from a time perspective is a game changer. He tells us in Psalms Chapter 90 that
time is not as His time. I love the math in chapter XI. I pray that God uses Mr. Lunn's work to reach
lost souls allowing them a pathway to joy through Him.
Sami
Jan 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
I won this book on a goodreads giveaway. I was very disappointed that it was not the type of book it was made to sound like. I should've realized it was a sort of Christian catfish scam, but I didn't until I actually received the book.
Squaresparky
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-at-library
I won this book on Goodreads!! It was a fast and easy read. I was a little disappointed that the chapters were so short I would have liked to get more information on how the individuals actucallly found joy through Jesus.
Tom
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected when I read the title. May recommend to my Introduction to Religion classes.
Rosie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Goodreads Giveaway winner. Thanks to the author for his good wishes. Small book but mighty prostesizing. Preaching to the choir.
Karen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written and easy to read. I recommend it.
Nancy Shepherd
Cheryl Bradley
Kathy Heare Watts
bbunny
Nov 07, 2017
Frank Lunn is a joyful husband, father, father-in-law, and granddad. He is an instrument rated private pilot, and when not flying or talking about flying, trains and competes in triathlons. An outdoor enthusiast, he and his wife, Margaret, spend as much time as life allows in the outdoors, mostly in New Hampshire and Maine.
“Joy is not a mood; it is a deliberate state of mind that one can develop.” 0 likes