Start by marking “Winter's Surprise” as Want to Read:
Winter's Surprise

Winter's Surprise

Love doesn’t come easy for everyone. Sometimes it never shows, and for others it’s stolen from their lives.

Michelle Harper quit trying to find love after a string of failed dates. Sure, her life hadn’t turned out quite like she expected, but she was done trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. She was perfectly happy filling her life with her love of cooking.

Weeks befo
Published November 20th 2017 by AJ Renee

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Surprise

Richelle Robinson
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Anyone that knows me knows how much I love me a good Christmas story. I’ve been a long time reader of AJ Renee and was tickled pink when I saw she was releasing a holiday story. With that being said I didn’t enjoy the story as much I hoped I would. Michelle and Jake both have issues from prior relationships and are afraid of getting hurt again. They meet one night and there is an instant attraction. The story started off strong and I liked the premise between the two main characters but as the s ...more
Indie Wish List
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a sweet and sexy novella that packed a punch! From the tackle (hah!) I was instantly loving the chemistry between Michelle and Jake. The holiday setting of the book lent a cozy feel to everything, even a sweet setting for a first kiss under the mistletoe!
This had a great pace, nothing felt rushed or contrived (a reason why I usually don't care for novellas), natural chemistry, sparkling personalities of the main characters and hot hot HOT action!
I don't want to say mor
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Michelle and Jake who have both had heartbreak and issues from previous relationships. There is instant chemistry between these two, but can they overcome their pasts, and give each other a second chance at happiness?
This is an enjoyable storyline, but it failed to capture my attention in parts. However, this is just my opinion, and I look forward to reading more of this authors’ work.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book!
Kimberly
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merry Christmas!!

OMG AJ Renee outdid herself in this one. What a great emotional book. I love happy books that just tear at you. Insta-love and healing loved it!!!
Teri Ditchman
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great story with wonderful characters. I fell in love with the story and the characters. Even though it is a Xmas themed story, is a great read anytime!
Donna Purcell zappone
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a super fast(108 pages),light, funny,sexy novella.
It would have been just the thing to read during the holiday season.
I don't want to give away anything from this book but you really need to one-click it.
It was so enjoyable.
Nikkita
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute

Such a super cute, fun short story! The healing powers of love, an Christmas time makes for a great story. Watching Michelle and Jake find love together was an incredible story!
Vickie Beams
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet love story! I love how Michelle and Jake met and how their romance played out. A great book!
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Winter's Surprise was a fast paced, quick read that I enjoyed. Basically, Michelle Harper is a workaholic woman who has given up on trying to date anyone. Jake Smith is a man that has been mired in depression for a while, who meets Michelle when he knocks her over. That's all that I'm giving away, because as I said above, this is a quick read, so everyone should just pick it up, as it's great for in between all the busy that comes with this time of year. Michelle & Jake were great together, ...more
Lauren
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is short, fast paced and a sweet read. I read this book in one sitting and was satisfied throughout. I liked Michelle and Jake. I liked how they met. The chemistry between them wasn’t through the roof but it was clear to see. My heart ached for Jake and all that he had lost. I truly wanted him to get his second chance at love. He deserved a happily ever after. I liked Michelle and Jake as a couple. At times Jake was a little nervy towards knowing if Michelle felt the same as him. As fo ...more
Chasing Away Reality
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, sensual holiday read. It was light on the drama and heavy on the insta-love, but isn’t that exactly what we all want this time of year? Who needs angst when our lives are crazy enough? This was my first book by AJ Renee, and I like her writing style. I’ll definitely be back for more! Her characters were likable and held depth for such a short read. I loved that they didn't hold back and were willing to give their all to falling in love with each other. My favorite aspect of the ...more
Tiffany
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this author from the start!!! This novella does not disappoint & I appreciate a shorter story sometimes.

One characteristic I adore is that the female characters are strong self sufficient women in their own right. Usually not interested in finding Mr. Right, when they fall in love their love interest compliments them. Michelle is a hard working, terrific friend that gave up looking for Mr. Right & quite fine with that, especially since she has wonderful supportive fri
Barbara Lack
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet book. It’s a very fast read. I read it in a couple hours. It was funny and at times sad. Overall a very enjoyable read. Received an advance review copy in exchange for an honest review.
Tashia
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short holiday romance. Jake and Michelle had the perfect sweet teasing personality that will certainly keep you entertained. It's beautiful story of love laughter and strength.
Bonnie Jones
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Surprise

What a great holiday read!! I was completely hooked from the beginning. Pick your copy up today! You'll be glad you did.
Michelle
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 5-star-read, arc
Winter's Surprise is a sweet Christmas novella about two people who have both had relationship problems in the past but when Michelle and Jake meet there is an instant attraction that neither of them expected. This is a well written book with well developed characters and a great storyline. I definitely recommend this book and this author to everyone looking for great books to read.
Lisa Mulvihill
Nov 29, 2017
Kara Lauren
Oct 21, 2017
A.J. Renee
Oct 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Carissia Beckler
Sarah Wathen
Jaclyn Nicole
Krys
Oct 24, 2017
AJ Renee is the author behind the St. Fleur series, Beauty Unmasked, Winter's Surprise, Surviving Paris, and Finding Love at the Falls.... She's a military wife and mother to three young girls. She graduated from the University of Central Florida with her Masters of Science in Criminal Justice and a Bachelors of Science in Psychology while working at the library.

She loves to write steamy romance