Start by marking “Roam (Guarding Her #5)” as Want to Read:
Roam (Guarding Her #5)

Roam

(Guarding Her #5)

She was my daughter’s best friend. She stood next to me and held my hand while my little girl’s pink casket was lowered into the ground.

The last time I saw her she was chasing me down the street as I left the town that was slowly suffocating me to death.

But now she’s a woman and she needs my help. So I’ll save her and ask for nothing in return. Except maybe one thing tha
Published June 6th 2019 (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Roam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roam

Sandy Nikolas
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This has been on my wish list for a while. Great story that was really heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. Brinley and Noble are a one of a kind love story.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Roam was such a powerful, emotional, supremely sexy read that gave me ALL the feels! I cried for the heroine and hero. Both characters went through some tragic stuff but I felt like they became stronger together. The way the hero was so commanding, patient, alpha, and wonderful with the heroine made this story so special. And the heroine...oh this girl has had such a hard life and I was rooting for her right from the start.

I haven't read a book like Roam in a lo
Stephanie Ditmore
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Is all I can say. Noble and Brinley were exceptional characters. Noble has lost so much and was hanging on by a thread at times, going day to day just surviving. Brinley was his daughter Katie’s best friend once upon a time and her life was not easy by any means and she always felt safe with Noble and his family. When Brinley shows back up years later the hole in his heart begins to heal. She’s just what he needs, but now she’s a woman and it’s getting harder and harder to keep his hands to ...more
Natasha Mahadeo
OMG I am blown away. I read this book in one sitting. Anna Brooks is automatic one click author for me. If you haven't read her books, stop whatever the fuck you are doing and go read her books. Especially this series.

Roam is much much awaited by many invested and inlove with this series. Roam is everything it promised it would be and more.
Brinley and Noble no each other from what seems like a life times before. A brutal life time before.
Noble finds her by mistake and instantly he is a goner fo
Meghan Murphy
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Roam by Anna Brooks is the fifth book in the Guarding Her series and it was sooo good! It is a stand-alone, but I do suggest reading the others in the series as well. I honestly could not wait to get Roam’s story and it was so worth the wait. Full of emotions, fantastic characters, and wonderful writing, Roam is one story you do not want to miss.

Both Roam and Brinley have tragic pasts. They both are closed off, don't trust, and have so much baggage. When they lay eyes on each other aft
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
So great! Noble and Brinley's story was SO sweet (but also super hot, don't worry). Noble has a LOT of baggage he's not done coming to terms with in a healthy way after the death of his wife and child. Suddenly Brinley comes along, 8 years later his deceased daughter's best friend has changed a lot and in need of help Noble's friends take her in before anyone even knows of the connection between Brinley and Noble. Then of course Noble's sense of honor and moral code prevents him from acting on h ...more
Eve Jones
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review.
Anna has done it again, this book is amazing.
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down until I'd finished, so no sleep for me until the early hours of the morning 😁
This book is both heart breaking and heart warming rolled into one.
Both Noble and Brinley have had there share of hell and this book is about how they come to terms with sharing their lives with someone else and trusting to give all of themselves over to someone else fu
Kim  Brewing
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is that one person that just gets you. Nobel and Brinley are that person for each other - or they could be if they would lower their walls and let the other person in. I loved them both individually and as a couple.

I really wanted to 5 star this, but for myself there was just something missing to tip it over the edge. The writing is great and the characters wonderful to read about. I liked and disliked Nobel "alphaness". Sometimes the conversations just didn't work for me.

Overall this is a
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Noble and Brinley's relationship since she was his daughters best friend...but the way Ms. Brooks writes this story is so touching and healing for them both. Noble sees Brinley as a woman now, not as a child but he fights his feelings for her. She has always thought he was handsome and a safe place for her and it's no different now. This story is sexy, tender and romantic! Enjoy!
Lori
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!

This story sucks you in and doesn't allow you to put it down till you see how it ends. Talk about holy alpha Noble! His brief appearances in the other books made him so mysterious and left you wanting to know his story and believe me Anna Brooks doesn't disappoint. The tragedies in both Noble and Brinley's past and their journey together to heal and move forward together is beautifully written. Plus the chemistry between them is red hot! I'm sad that this was the last book in the series
Angie
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is fantastic. Each book more addictive then the last. I’ve loved every one so far.
This book follows Brinley and Noble. Though it’s a tough read with such sadness from Brinleys past. It def lacks a punch in the hotness and happiness parts as you get further into the story.
It was crazy, intense, sexy and sweet. The characters and story, as always, are easy to love and easy to follow. I can’t wait to read whatever book or story Anna comes up with next.
5/5
Edel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyable read!

Love the storyline, loved the characters and especially loved the relationship between Noble and Bringley. His protective instincts and her vulnerabilities created a perfect match between this pair.

Noble by name and Noble by nature, him holding back was frustrating but as a story it helped build chemistry between the two. And build it certainly did. The chemistry was off the charts.

One of my favourites!
Lauren
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! This book was more than work the wait! Noble and Brinley broke my heart and fixed it in a way that will never leave me the same again. It was such a great story that I completely lost myself in and devoured all the words. Another amazing read that I will definitely be reading again in the future.
Alison Davis
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What else can I say but WOW!! This was such an amazing book with a story line that keeps you so invested you won't want to put down your book/kindle. So many emotions and feels with this story that you will definitely need tissues handy. Noble and Brinley are awesome characters and you will be routing for them and their happiness. This one is a must read.
Justine  Reed
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book will rip your heart out then put it back together again.
I was hooked from page one and couldn't put it down.
The characters take you on such an emotional journey that you don't want to stop reading.
A wonderful story.
Lori Walsh, Guaresimo
First book I read in the series and I won't be reading anymore, this one was so slow getting to the couple I would have stopped reading but I paid for the book, plus it was a good story line. I've read other books by this author and they were good, this one not so much.
Lori Caprio Tate
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Noble and Brinley's story was a touching story of a broken man coming to terms with the death of his child and finding his piece with her best friend. Anna Brooks wrote an emotionally charged story that tore at your heart strings and made you feel for the characters that endured such pain but in the end found their HEA in each other. Another amazing read by this author.
Carrie
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Noble & Brinley! He is her safety, she is his peace. From the moment they touch, meeting again as adults, they bring each other exactly what's needed. They fight their attraction because of their previous connection (she was his daughter's best friend as a child), but they both know, deep down, that they are each others' ONE. They don't have an easy road at all, and have a couple stumbles, but overall from the minute they reconnect, they're inseparable. Very moving story of healing!!
Kim
Molly
Lisa-Marie Taylor
Jun 13, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
The first time Anna tried to read a romance novel, her hair caught on fire when she leaned over a candle to sneak a peek at her mom’s Harlequin. She thinks being hit on the head with a shirtless Fabio until the smoke cleared is what sparked the flame for her love of romance.
Anna was born in Wisconsin, but currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and two boys. She writes sexy roma

Guarding Her (5 books)
  • Surface (Guarding Her #1)
  • Drift (Guarding Her #2)
  • Edge (Guarding Her #3)
  • Closer (Guarding Her #4)