Start by marking “Claiming Thor's Hammer” as Want to Read:
Claiming Thor's Hammer

Claiming Thor's Hammer

All of Asgard depends on Thor, and his legendary hammer Mjölnir, to protect them from their foes. So when Thor returns one night without his hammer, refusing to say how it was lost or where it may be, all of Asgard is at risk. Loki tracks Mjölnir to the muscular arms of the fearsome warlord Thrym, who reluctantly agrees to a deal: Thrym will return Thor’s hammer in exchang ...more
Published 2017 by Vestal Valley Press

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Thor's Hammer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Thor's Hammer

Start your review of Claiming Thor's Hammer
Monique
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, mythology, kindle
4 Mjölnir stars

I love mythology. I might even be a little obsessed with it. Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Norse, Greek, Slavic... I'm interested in all of them. As a student of Comparative Literature and History of Art, I'm most familiar with Greek myths. However, I've always thought that in Greek mythology there's too much of family drama that usually causes deaths of at least three generations, too many Zeus's love affairs and unfortunately NO dragons (giant snake called dracon doesn't count, it's s
Jayne Ingram-Shover
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Samantha MacLeod has once again rewritten a well known myth into a fresh and entertaining erotic story that fills in some of the gaps and questions in the original tale. This is the humorous Norse myth where Thor and Loki must dress up in drag as a bride and bridesmaid and go to the land of frost giants to try and recover Thor's lost hammer and this version has all the humor of the original myth plus it turns into a steamy m/m/m menage that is sure to provide both amusement and arousal. It's one ...more
evan
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was already in my top three favorite Norse myths (who doesn't love a classic buddy cross-dressing romp to an enemy's castle?!), But this version?

Oh.

Hot.

Damn.

I don't want to give anything away. There was a small part of the plot I expected, being this is a take with Loki involved, but it quickly went to unexpected heights.

Hilarious and sexy retelling. Pretty sure if we were to ask Loki, he would definitely confirm that this is how it went down!
Tina Williams
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A sizzling erotic short – a real gem!
Being familiar with Samantha Macleod’s sizzling re-interpretations of the characters and myths from Norse mythology, I jumped at the chance to review this erotic short – with a title such as Claiming Thor’s Hammer I knew it was going to be an absolute blast. Well let me tell you the read surpassed even my wildest expectations!
In this tale Thor, aided by Loki, is hell bent on retrieving his hammer Mjölnir from the warlord Thrym. Failure is not an option and he
Jo
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I'm offered one of this author's books to review, I will jump at the chance.

Her unique retelling of existing Norse myths is a refreshing (and erotic) addition to my kindle catalogue.

This is very firmly a novella at just 31 pages.  But what she manages to fit into those pages is shot through with humour and heat and characters that are surprisingly human in their desires.  Even if they are endowed with a rather large ... hammer.

Loved it.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of t
Linda
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🔨Thor's wedding night is fraught with some BIG surprises for Loki!🔥🔥

Wow! Thor turns the tables on trickster Loki and organizes a steamy night Loki is unlikely to forget! It's short but packed with heat, well-written and complete. Completely surprising, altogether juicy and, IMO, even better than Winning Freyja's Cloak. Author Samantha MacLeod really succeeds in putting a lusty spin on the Norse god pantheon!
Jordan Monroe
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you're eagerly awaiting Marvel's "Thor: Ragnarok" and need a little something to tide you over, look no further than this short story. MacLeod communicates her depth of knowledge regarding the Norse pantheon splendidly and without pretension, which makes her books accessible to all readers. The scenes in this story are ferociously hot and will remain a spicy morsel in my Kindle library.

I do wish this was a longer story, but I'm also a glutton.
Martha
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite a 5

I'm giving this a four-star review primarily because of the length. It's no longer than the myth it's based on but infinitely hotter. Often wondered how that story might have gone if Thor weren't so uptight and prone to bashing things instead of using his head. Loved Loki's little asides, too. Fun read but way too short
Genevieve Raas
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love how seamlessly the author blends the original myths with erotica. MacLeod keeps the tone and humor of the original tale, while simultaneously plunging us into a new story that is both fun AND blazingly hot!

If you are looking for something steamy with Loki and Thor, read this. I can't recommend it enough!
Dawn Grace
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy read

Truly highly sexual and sexy. A nice short read. The imagery is phenomenal. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Caldwell Publishing
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They say the only absolutes in life are death and taxes. I'd like to propose another—death, taxes, and Samantha MacLeod producing entertaining literature.

I always enjoy reading MacLeod's interpretations of myths and the characters in them, so I was eager to pick up a copy of this book when it hit the "shelves". I think it might be a new favourite. I loved the character of Loki in MacLeod's The Trickster's Lover, and getting to see another side of him was quite simply a delight. Thor was hilariou
Lorena
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute erotic short story retelling the Norse myth of how Thor and Loki reclaim Mjölnir from the Jötunn warlord Thrym. Loki is the one who repeatedly gets surprised in this story! I found it amusing and I liked the ending, although it left me wondering about several details.

Recommended for those who enjoy Norse mythology and M/M erotic romance with a sense of humor.

I read this story as part of the Loki Series Box Set. I received an ARC from the author and volunteered to review it.
Terry
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claiming Thor’s Hammer by Samantha MacLeod is a short erotic story about Thor and Loki having to retrieve Thor’s hammer from the warlord Thrym. Loki tracks Mjölnir to where it’s being held by Thrym making a deal with him. Thor’s hammer in exchange for Freyja. The only problem is that Freja refuses to marry Thrym.

Convincing Thor to dress up in a wedding dress and try to pass as Freyja, the two of them travel to Thrym’s castle in an attempt to regain control over the hammer. What wasn’t planned w
Zena
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok! I just looked at the title of this book again and was wondering if the pun was intended (smile)...
This is a really naughty story with m/m/m explicit relationships between the Norse gods Thor and Loki and Thrym, the Jötunn.
It is a short story that is quick and easy to read but only read it if you can handle the idea of unusual sexual relationships. It is hot and yet has a certain degree of mirth woven into it.
Samantha MacLeod, you really have a very wicked sense of humor!
I received a free cop
Raven Lancaster
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seriously need a cold shower now!

That was incredibly erotic! I loved it so much but there could have been more. I would have loved to read about what they did to each other in the bathing pool. I seriously need a story about just Thor and Loki after this once they're lovers.
Chemdork75
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This a really fun (quick) read! It manages to be funny and really hot at the same time. Once again Samantha Macleod takes an old myth, and injects unexpected hot steamy sex, and laughs into it!
Well done Samantha!
R Y A N  ⚡️
4/5 - exactly what this book was supposed to be...

My review:

Ummm, wow. And wow in a good way.

4/5 stars basically because it’s only 30 pages and lacked detail that could be in a pure erotic short story.
Angie Fournier
Feb 22, 2018
Steve
rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2017
rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2018

• Homebound
  • Mistaken
  • The Scorpion's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #1)
  • Captive Surrender
  • The Emperor's Edge (The Emperor's Edge, #1)
  • Dark Currents (The Emperor's Edge, #2)
  • Offered by the Orc (Orc Sworn, #1.5)
  • The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Tales From The SFR Brigade
  • Finders Keepers
  • Legacy (The Sharing Knife, #2)
  • The Mammoth Book of Futuristic Romance
  • The Hob's Bargain
  • Beguilement (The Sharing Knife, #1)
  • Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1)

News & Interviews