Start by marking “Kidnapped by the Pirate” as Want to Read:
Kidnapped by the Pirate

Kidnapped by the Pirate

Will a virgin captive surrender to this pirate’s sinful touch?

Nathaniel Bainbridge is used to hiding, whether it’s concealing his struggles with reading or his forbidden desire for men. Under the thumb of his controlling father, the governor of Primrose Isle, he’s sailing to the fledging colony, where he’ll surrender to a respectable marriage for his family’s financial gai
Published October 26th 2017 by KA Books

To ask other readers questions about Kidnapped by the Pirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnapped by the Pirate

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
The year: 1710

The setting: pirate ship, somewhere in the Caribbean

Nathaniel Bainbridge is traveling by ship with his pregnant sister to meet their scheming father in the New World, an island near modern-day Bahamas called Primrose Isle. But before the ship can reach its destination, it's attacked by the The Damned Manta, a pirate ship ruled by the infamous Captain Hawk, who just struck bloody gold.

Hawk has a bone to pick with Nathaniel's father, and taking Nathaniel prisoner is the perfect pla
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Holy crap, Keira Andrews reached into my brain and wrote the pirate story I didn't even know I needed.

I'm a huge Keira Andrews fan, and she didn't disappoint with this one. It has EVERYTHING! It just tick, tick, ticked all my boxes. Enemies-to-lovers, a VIRGIN, an age gap, a learning disability, a historical setting- it was just totally my taste. Gah, I could NOT put it down!

Honestly, I wanted to read this book for the buzz, but I was nervous about the pirate aspect. I haven't read a pirate bo
Judith
No rating.DNF @ around 60%.

You know when you're reading a book and the sex scenes start to bore you? But you think,ok the plot will keep your interest....

Well,it didn't and don't get the pitchforks out because just about everyone has loved this...

I've been reading this for days and definitely reached the point where I really wasn't interested in what was going to happen.

I actually adored Nathaniel.He was so damn cute and responsive,and eager,and sexy with a kind of innocence that definitely work
SheReadsALot
4.5 HEARTS--

To love could only be madness.

Pirates. Give me a pirate romance any day.

I feel like 2017 is one for pirate romance spoiling, well for me, that's for sure. So many good MM pirate romances are out there! Keira Andrews' Kidnapped by the Pirate definitely can join the ranks of an entertaining and swoon-worthy tale. (I'm a bit of a pirate connoisseur if you couldn't tell.)

This book has a lot of buzz qualities. The hype is backed by the quality of this novel. If you're new to pirate
Jewel
“I’ve determined that three-quarters of piracy boils down to theater.”

Kidnapped by the Pirate has so much deliciousness:

~~ Age gap
~~ Virgin -- determined to experience it all
~~ Pirate -- our swashbuckling anti-hero
~~ Adventure
~~ Angst
~~ Kindle-melting smexy-times
~~ An awesome little Princess Bride homage
~~ Well fought happy ending

Oh, yes, we have it all here, on the high seas!

I truly enjoyed Kidnapped by the Pirate. Keira Andrews knows how to make a historical romance sing. Not to mention h
Shin Mon Thway
This was surely one of the most anticipated publishings of the year. I have always loved Keira’s work and her magic way with words. I mean what could be better than this? A virgin who’s kidnapped by a notorious pirate and these two madly falling in love with each other? This is soooooo my cuppa! 😁

Nathaniel is just 18 and he’s a virgin. Now he’s on the journey to Primrose isle with his pregnant sister where their father is ruling as a governor. On their way there, their ship was plundered by the
DarienMoya
October 2018

Audio

Rating for the story is still the same.

The Narration: 3.5 Pants Off

Cornell Collins was just a tad bit too extra in this one for my taste. Captian Hawke sounded like an old man smoker (not a fan).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.5

~POUNDED IN THE BUTT BY THE PIRATE (Do you think Chuck Tingle will sue me?)~

This is the pirate book I never knew I needed. Kidnapped by the Pirate was everything I wanted in a pirate gay romance, with enough sizzle to singe my arm hairs and leave me with a
Cadiva
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a britches ripper of the highest calibre, packed with everything you'd expect to find in this genre - devilish pirates who are too sexy to be resisted, an innocent young scamp just waiting to lure our anti-hero down the path of emotional reawakening, daring adventures and over the top villains and a setting which is perfectly researched.

I'm not going to lie, the Golden Age of piracy fascinates me, as the British Empire extended her reach across the Caribbean and used privateers to p
Catherine
*** 4.75 Stars ***

Keira Andrews has written a book about virgins and pirates with a sexy side of age gap?! This is everything I ever wanted from the M/M romance genre. Everything.

*rolls around in the trope-y goodness*

I withheld a measly 1/4 star because the book didn't make me cry (you pretty much have to make me sob like a baby to get 5 stars from me). Other than that, this book was bodice-ripper perfection.

R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

There’s not much I can add to the host of reviews singing this book’s praises.

I mainly enjoyed this because…
1) It sentimentally brought me back to those days I devoured MF historical romance and now, made all the better with the MM setting
2) The smex was smexy with a bit of dirty thrown in
3) This consistently brought the feels, with good dashes of action and suspense one would expect from a pirate book

If you’re a fan of this author, I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

If you haven't yet read t
Natalie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My swash has been buckled and my timbers are still shivering! Oh, to be a pirate in this fun, sexy and exciting romp through the Caribbean. Just a little reminiscent of an old-fashioned, Harlequin-type romance, Keira Andrews has reworked a classic trope into MM perfection, adding a yummy May/December element, a favorite of mine! Young, virginal, sheltered Nathaniel becomes the captive of Hawk, a villainous pirate captain bent on revenge, and inevitably, they succumb to lust and love. That’s pret ...more
Keira Andrews
It's release day for my new pirate romance! I loved writing this book. I wanted to hit all the classic tropes: alpha pirate, virgin captive, age difference, and hate to love. Of course there's also swashbuckling and a happily ever after! I hope you’ll enjoy it. <3

BUY OR BORROW NOW IN KU:

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2gG8IT3
Amazon global: http://mybook.to/Pirate_KA
.Lili.
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, hist-rom, age-gap
Kidnapped by the Pirate by Keira Andrews is awesome! KA is an author that always delivers. Her ability to go from zombies to contemporary, to sports, to historical is impressive!

If you love:

-anti-heroes
-May/December
-Angst
-A fast paced story
-And an ending that will make you cry with happiness

Do yourself a favor and grab this!
Susan
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, gbr, hurt-comfort, mm

I think a lot of people will like this book. We have pirates, lots of hurt/comfort, hot sexy pirate sex and a good solid HEA.

Nathaniel is traveling on a ship with his pregnant sister to Primrose Ilse. His father is trying to build a colony there and he has summoned his children to join him. Nathaniel rather didn’t go because his father is always telling him what a disappointment he is, but he has no choice.

Just when Nathaniel is hoping for something exciting to happen, the ship gets att
Deborah
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it

Nathanial Bainbridge thinks his life is over when he gets kidnapped by pirates but in fact his life is just beginning.
Nathaniel is eighteen years old and for most of those years he’s been a disappointment to his father. Learning difficulties have resulted in reading being nearly impossible for him, he’d much rather be running and climbing outside but that’s not the son his father wants.
His father is a horrible nasty excuse for a man and the new governor of the Primrose Isle. His father has been
MaDoReader
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Pues no sé que esperaba, pero esto no xD
El final y el epílogo, ya me han parecido ciencia ficción, no sé cómo no se me han salido los ojos de las órbitas de tanto "roll eye"
Si tengo un hueco haré una reseña más completa.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
I was going to start this review by stating I should go find my own deserted island to live on in shame but then I read some reviews and...

I AM NOT ALONE!!!

Anyway...2★'s = it was ok, ok? And it was ok. I even liked parts of it. But, part of me thinks I read a totally different book than my friends and the bloggers. Truly.

I was just not wowed by this book.

I think I was a little bored and wanted something to happen in the worst way! Pirates people! I expected adventures on the high sea! The pacing
Ariana
Take one of the most classic romantic tropes, throw in a virginal youngster, a notorious, rugged pirate and let them implode when they spend a month together in the captain's cabin.

Sigh. Can you get any more romantic?

Nathaniel:
at 18 a man in his own right in 1701, he blew me away with his courage, his willingness to give his all and never give up, his perseverance at coaxing smiles out of Hawk and peel away all the layers to find the real man behind the pirate, no matter what Hawk throws at him
Wynne Katherine
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
MOMMA IS PLEASED.

description

Happy reads yield happy Wynne. And Happy Wynne yields... universal happiness (?) lol

This is a book I didn't know I needed.

Stumbled upon this one by chance cause of the cover, and then decided to read it on a whim, and ended up loving it more than I expected.

Solid writing and solid plotting. Though it's a lil (just a tad bit) weak at the end – would have loved a more gut wrenching and climatic action scene, but I can't complain much.

This book was such a fun read, and I enjoyed
Christelle
Well, that was really entertaining and it reminded me of the fun times I had while watching “Angélique, marquise des Anges” or “Fanfan la Tulipe”, but with pirates and two hot guys as the main MCs.

On his way to the New World, Nathaniel, 18 year-old, having a reading disability but caring and witty, is being kidnapped by a famous Pirate, the Sea Hawk, to be used as a ransom and a mean to get revenge. You see, Hawk was falsely accused by Nathaniel’s father a long time ago and had to become a pirat
Amy
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading this genre for long enough that I know what I like and what I don't. I can honestly tell you that historical is not my thing. Neither are pirates. I'm more of a contemporary romance kind of girl. But when one of your favorite authors writes a historical pirate romance, you put aside your biases and you dive in head first.

My honest opinion, this book is perfection. I fell head over heels in love with Plum and Hawk. Nathaniel is just the sweetest. I loved watching him come in to
Renée
I'll just be over here in my box of shame. Nothing to see here. Everyone liked it but me.

Elsa Bravante
DNF en el 10%, lo dejo on hold. Últimamente leo muchos libros con age gap y aquí es muy grande, no me apetece mucho en este momento. Por otro lado, la historia entiendo que es de película de piratas de los años 50 con Tyrone Power o Errol Flynn y Maureen OHara o Yvonne de Carlo y no sé si me convence en libro. Lo dejo para otro momento, es una decisión totalmente vinculada a lo que me apetece en este momento. ...more
Idrissa
3.75

I remember one of the first MM Romance books I read was Semper Fi by this author. And it was good. I found myself heavily invested in the characters as they went through every experience, from a battle laden scene to a simple meal sharing scene. All of it had me banking on the characters to give me satisfaction.

description

Kidnapped by the Pirate wasn’t that way at first. Sounding like a pantomime Mills and Boone-esque gag, I decided to read it because I thought it would be campy, unbelievable and ridi
CrabbyPatty
Having read all those "bodice rippers" back in the day, I couldn't wait to read Keira Andrews' take on the traditional pirate and damsel in distress. I absolutely adore how this "breech ripper" twists the familiar trope and Kidnapped by the Pirate is a great read!

It's the year 1710 and virginal Nathaniel and his pregnant sister Susanna are traveling to the fledgling English outpost on Primrose Isle, where their father is the Governor. They are set upon by a pirate ship, led by the Sea Hawk who i
Lost in a Book

There’s just something about pirates that make me want to sail away on the open seas with my very own badass, sword swinging side piece. I’ll just have to settle for being a fly on the wall as Captain Hawk and Nathaniel come together and then come together.

Please check out the blurb because it does a great job explaining the premise of the story in detail about Captain Hawk, the score he wants the settle, and how it relates to Nathaniel.

I really enjoyed this story about a Captain that
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Wanted something else*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book was alright. Quite predictable and there was also the fact that the book reminded me of another book. However, I don't remember that one. The story centers around Nathaniel ‘Plum’ Bainbridge (18) and legendary villain of the New World Captain (view spoiler) aka Sea Hawk (41). Nathaniel gets kidnapped by Hawk, who has a strong need for revenge on Nathaniel's dad. But Hawk didn't expect Nathaniel to be so brave and strong
Meags
4.5 Stars

Avast ye, me hearties! This swashbuckling pirate romance definitely shivered me timbers in all sorts of delicious ways.

Set in 1710, this tasty bodice-ripper follows Nathaniel Bainbridge as he is kidnapped on route to the new colony of Primrose Isle, by an infamous pirate by the name of Captain Hawk, who has his heart set on seeking revenge against Nathaniel’s despicable father over a decade old unforgivable injustice.

Nathaniel is all things sweet and pure. He has spent his youth feelin
BWT (Belen)

In the year 1710 Nathaniel Bainbridge and his pregnant sister, Susanna, are traveling to a Caribbean island outpost called Primrose Isle where their father is Governor to reunite Susanna with her husband and introduce Nathaniel to his betrothed.

Before the ship can reach its destination though it's attacked by the Damned Manta, a pirate ship ruled with an iron fist by the infamous Captain Hawk.

Things go south for the Bainbridge siblings when Captain Hawk realizes who's aboard. He quickly devises
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fict ...more
“I don’t understand what changed overnight.” Hawk stopped by the blankets, his legs spread, looking down from his full height, sneer firmly in place. He struck the killing blow. “Then apparently you’re an imbecile after all.” 0 likes
“to be left behind. The loss of him was more than a phantom ache or a hollowed-out chasm. No, it filled Hawk to his very limits, unyielding pressure” 0 likes