Start by marking “Deviant (Condemned, #5)” as Want to Read:
Deviant (Condemned, #5)

Deviant

(Condemned #5)

Sometimes light can be found in the dark. Rafe is a blazing sun in the center of my universe. He’s my strength. The only man capable of healing me. He's the love of my life.

Published January 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Deviant, please sign up.
Faiza No. Books 1-5 feature the same couple.T o really understand the story you have to read the series in order.

Malene
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
I can’t believe I was introduced to Gemma James and her Condemned series back in 2015 with the first book Torrent. Deviant is book 5 and it was so good to be back with Alex and Rafe. Their relationship is unconventional to say the least but it works for them. Their dark and twisted urges keep their guilt and demons away.
Rafe is darker than ever but his love and protectiveness for Alex is really what fuels him. He can and will get rough with Alex but she needs and feeds off it cause her guilt is
Heather
Shelves: arc
“I came back, and I’m never going anywhere again. I need you too damn much.” I’d never tire of hearing him say it. It felt good to be needed by him. To be loved by him even though I deserved neither. “Promise?”
“Fuck, yes.”

Oh My...I sure did miss Alex and Rafe! To watch these two broken people struggle to reach their HEA is heartbreaking. You know what they have both been through. You know how much they love each other. You want things to be easy for them. Gemma James didn't make it easy and I
Priya
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This whole series is so good but I thought this book was the last one and was happy that finally Rafe and Alex would get their HEA. I did not see that end coming and to be honest it feels like this book is really just dragging right now.
But that's not gonna stop me from reading next one. After all I really want Alex and Rafe to have their HEA.
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deviant (Condemned #5)
By: Gemma James
4 Stars

Oh how I’ve missed Rafe and Alex! Was so happy when this landed on my kindle.

Living off the grid, Rafe and Alex are trying to fight the demons they both have. Rafe will not allow Alex to harm herself or keep the nightmares inside. Rafe being Rafe knows when Alex is hiding her demons!!! And true to Rafe style, he will get her to confess what she is trying to hide.

Once they move back to ‘the cabin’, their safe house, they get visitors. Information is e
Kira
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, dark-romance
I probably would have liked this better if it hadn't been so long since I read the other books in the series. I was hazy on the details. I don't remember exactly how the last book ended, but remembered thinking it was the final one. It was a surprise to get another book. I wish I had known there is going to be a sixth one. Now I've got to wait until June to find out how this cliffhanger is resolved.
Janee
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3 1/2 stars

I really want to like this story, but it was more about punishing Alex than anything. In the past books there was more plot. Rafe and Alex are not normal couple by any means. This reason is what makes them stand out.

The story didn't really start until the end. Where Zack, Alex's step brother, comes back for her. Rafe is taken over leverage over his son.

Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Dark, twisted and very Deviant! Re-enter the world of Gemma James and the deliciously sinful and cruel relationship of Rafe and Alex. All consuming darkness that is twisted and mind numbing, all awhile you can’t put the book down. Filled with heart pounding moments within the bedroom and out, Gemma knows how to scorch your kindle! Will there be a HEA for Rafe and Alex or will they always be on the run?

Deviant will grab you, pull you
Coco.V
Dec 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/7/2018)!💝

Blurb:

He’s also my enforcer. The strikes of his belt shield me from self-harm’s temptation, but old habits are hard to break. No matter how much light we infuse into our deviant world, we still feed off each other’s twisted desires.

Now I stand before him dressed in white, on the cusp of p
Cécile Smits
After all they’ve been through,Alex and Rafe needed time to heal. Time to get back to what they were. To leave the past where it belonged,in the past. And when they were ready,get married.....But did the past leave them? Just when i thought it would,Gemma drops the bomb....and leaves me with a killer cliffhanger! Now i have to find a way to survive until Descent arrives in june.....
Ashley
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is what we readers needed to connect back with Alex and Rafe. We all love them and know that when these two are together it can be trouble.

Book 5 in this series is the book to have us readers get emotional and remember the twisted messed up love Alex and Rafe have.

My favorite thing about this book is it's the calm before the storm. Gemma James knows how to build up her readers and then break us, making us want for more. Well she does that well!

Deviant brought me back home to this wor
Shelli
I forgot what a cruel and sadistic man Rafe was...and how much he loved Alex, and she loved him! Their relationship would look so messed up and dysfunctional to the majority of people, but it works for them and they like it.

Having said that, I went into this book expecting one thing, and got another all together! Not a bad thing, it was just a BIG surprise to me how the book ended, and I hate to tease you like that, but I refuse to give spoilers too!
It was really fun getting to see Rafe and Ale
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMFG! I read this book in one sitting because I didn't want to put the book down. If there is one thing Gemma James is good at, it is writing a story that is edgy and will have you hanging on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the very end. Deviant is the fifth book in the Condemned series and to understand this book, you need to read books one through four. If you're a fan of dark romance with suspense, heart-wrenching moments, danger, turmoil, angst, graphic sex, then this is the book ...more
Denise Anderson
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Alex and Rafe I Love y'all. Y'all have a very extravagent relationship kudos to y'all. This series has just been a fantastic series always keeps you on your toes. You never know what Rafe is going to do to Alex and for Rafe to love her so much to push her to help her over come her fears shows that is love for her is a love like no other. The ending to this book was NOT an ending I was expecting and of course June can NOT come soon enough. This series is NOT A STANDALONE. MUST BE READ IN ORDE ...more
Marsha
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that you really need to read the previous books in this series (in order) to really understand the mind set of the people involved and how their relationship works. It is dark and somewhat masochist/sadistic yet it is what the h/H each need. If you go into this book without having all the background, you will find yourself not only confused, but probably fuming as well at the Hero's treatment towards the heroine. If you've read the other books then you know what to expect ...more
Christine
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
arc review For honest review.alex and rafe have a Dom submissive relationship. These two love each other and have gone throw a lot to trust like they do. I can't wait for more please. 10 stars
Sonya
WTH!! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH......JUNE??????? AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I did not see this coming!!!! OMG!!!
Lani
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!! It's been 2yrs since the last book in 'The Condemned' series (must read the series first to understand) and this book was a complete surprise that had me drooling, ready to get my greedy hands on my man Rafe again!!!! Rafe and Alex are enjoying their unconventional love, but both are plagued with demons and nightmares from their pasts that they find difficult to confront. Alex wants nothing more than to marry the love of her life and give herself to him mind, body and s ...more
Allyson
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“...the thing about obsession; it was a prison, an inspirer of madness. It was the bind that tied Rafe and me together, the urgency that festered in my soul. An ember that never stopped burning, no matter how long Rafe and I had been on the run.”

Stunning, Twisted, Dark & Deviant!
Gemma James has brought us another wonderful and twisted installment in the Condemned series that we all know and love. If you are a dark romance reader than you know Gemma can produce and create stories that will ro
Karen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a dark and beautiful love story. Rafe and Alex are meant to be together. If they can just find a way to survive without the people out to hurt them they will have a great life together.

Rafe and Alex have gone through so much and are finally at a place where they can look at forever, but their past just won't go away or leave them alone. Their past is the catalyst to their lives, but they have over come so much now they need to get rid of Zach so that they can have their HEA. Once again thei
Patricia
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma-james
I loved this book couldn't put it down. After escaping Shelton and assuming that he has moved on Rafe thinks that he and Alex are safe. Rafe gets angry with Alex because she hides her nightmares from him so he punishes her, but Alex gets angry when Rafe won't share his nightmares with her. Alex wants to marry Rafe, but Rafe thinks that a piece of paper wouldn't mean anything. Alex feels that Rafe will someday leave her and break her heart again, but Rafe gets angry at her for thinking that so he ...more
Tajana
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this book is continuation of Condemned series, this is a fifth book. I was introduced to Gemma James with this series. I fell in love with Alex and Rafe. So when it ended at book four I was kind of disappointed a little because I felt like it abruptly stoped, I never realized there will be more books.
I was happy to see Deviant coming out, however in my opinion break between fourth and fifth book is to long. To be honest I kind of forgot about the story, I definitely forgot all the details, s
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
"Love had no definition. It was the insanity that glued two hearts together, the possessiveness that gripped the soul, the inevitability that arrowed straight for the jugular."

I was so excited to meet Rafe and Alex again!! Their dark, twisted, dirty fairytale had me hooked when I binged the series a few months ago, so there really wasn't a choice when I got a chance to review. The thing I love most about this series, is that it may not be your typical HEA, but it's theirs, and you can feel it wh
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it

Connie Lafortune
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'But the past beat me to the battlefield. The f**king past had set off the first bomb, and now I found myself hunched down in the destruction. My chest squeezed, and despite going through several rounds of breathing exercises, I still couldn't pull in a full breath.'

Alex and Rafe are back in book five of Deviant and it was like reuniting with your worst nightmare and your best friend at the same time. God, what is it about this depraved man that keeps us coming back for more? I suppose it could
Kathy Wideman
This is the fifth book in this series and they must be read in order. Alex and Rafe and still one of my favorite book couples. They have a beautiful twisted love. Alex and Rafe get married in this book but will they get a happily ever after or will they once again be torn apart? Rafe will do anything for Alex. They are in a difficult situation. Alex and Rafe love each other so much. But, Alex has this fear that Rafe will leave her again. They must go back to the place where their relationship fr ...more
Vickie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rafe and Alex are back and they’re still going head to head. With Rafe desperate to keep Alex safe, he shows her in his own special way that he’ll protect even from herself. I love the fucked up, unusual, complex relationship between these two. With their relationship changing, Alex finds herself keeping secrets which doesn’t go over well with Rafe. Rafe is his usual panty melting, dominant, sometimes cruel self but the love he has for Alex makes me forgive him for just about anything.

With dang
Donna
Get ready for a ride

This is not for the faint of heart! Be sure you have read the previous books in this series . .  That bring said I could Not put this book down! The way this talented twisted writer draws you into the all consuming world of Alex and Rafe  is nothing short of mind blowing. . . I read it in one day. Just when I thought I had it figured out I realized quickly that u was WRONG!! Their love is profane, fierce and impassioned.  There are moments of no way did I just read that corre
Mary Mooney
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read but I can not stress enough to read the other books in the series first. Or you will be totally confused and lost in the story.
This series as with each book gets better and darker as each one comes out. It drags you in and you feel all of the pain, heartache and even the love that Rafe and Axel share. But don't think you know what will happen next because Gemma James will throw you for a loop and give you something that you were not expecting.
I am not going to give anything
Lynn
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is a hard review for me to write. I mean no disrespect to the author. I will say the writing is good. There are no edit problems, And if you like this kind of stuff then you will enjoy this book.
I do like contemporary , erotica, captive romance. How ever I felt this was to violent , brutal, vicious, aggressive , belligerent, I could go on , but I am sure you get my point.
I wasted my money on this series and the devils kiss series. I could not get passed the first book.
This is a disgrace
Shelia
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Well...*Spoilers*

I wanted this to be another five star read, but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it that much. I love a story of love and the challenges of it, but in my opinion, this one goes a bit too far. This isn't love by any means. I've heard of many couples who are kinky and enjoy it majorly. But letting others see it, letting others participate in any fashion is dead wrong.
There were other things, when Alex begged him not to bring in such conditions and he did anyway, it made me feel h
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Disgraceful (The Disgrace Trilogy #2)
  • Shadow (Lust and Lies #1)
  • Denied (The Monster Trilogy Book 2)
  • Warning (The Vault)
  • Void: A Dark Bad Boy Romance
  • Teacher's Pet
  • The Toy
  • Flower in the Dark
  • Queen and the Kingsmen
  • Pleasure (Pleasure Pain or Purpose, #1)
  • Happy Valley: The Story of the English in Kenya
  • Brie's Mile High Club (Submissive in Love, #7)
  • Hitman's Baby (Mob City, #2)
  • Landon
  • Breaking the Girl
  • Cold Courage (Studio, #1)
  • Descent (Inferno #1)
  • The Snowden Operation: Inside the West's Greatest Intelligence Disaster
Gemma James is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of a blend of genres, from new adult suspense to dark erotic romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant sex to serial killers. Readers have described her stories as being "not for the faint of heart."

She warns you to heed their words! Her

Condemned (5 books)
  • Torrent (Condemned, #1)
  • Rampant (Condemned, #2)
  • Fervent (Condemned, #3)
  • Vagrant (Condemned, #4)