Start by marking “Their Fatal Secrets (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #4)” as Want to Read:
Their Fatal Secrets (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #4)

Their Fatal Secrets

(DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal #4)

Soon a connection is found between the two dead
Published October 17th 2017 by Joffe Books Mystery, Crime Thriller, Suspense Fiction

Start your review of Their Fatal Secrets (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #4)
Linda Strong
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
DI Jim Neal and DS Ava Merry are assigned to investigate the deaths of two women .. both bodies given up by the river.

One of the women has a list of five 'victims' in their home. Three of these are dead... by various accidents. What was she researching? What's the connection among these women?

Neal and Merry, along with a new detective, Tom Knight, must sort through a variety of suspects. All of them, it seems, have secrets. And one of them proves very deadly to Neal.

Although 4th in this series,
Nicki
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
blog tour review

DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal are assigned to both investigations.

Soon a connection is found between the two dead women. A list of “victims” is discovered in one of their flats. Who will be next and what really happened to the women on this sinister list?

In a thrilling conc
Books 'n' All  Promotions
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars
This is Book 4 in the Neal & Merry series but the first one I have read (which is a situation I plan to rectify at the first opportunity). Although it is part of a series I can assure readers that it works perfectly as a stand-alone.

Some lads on their way home after an night out, a bit the worse for drink, notice a body in the canal. When another body turns up further down the same stretch of water Neil’s team pull out all the stops to find out what happened.

This book is planned
Donna Maguire

I though that this book was great and it really gripped me - I loved the pace and the plot was spot on, I loved the detail and the characters of Ava and Jim were brilliant - I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book and have given it 5 stars!

This is the first book that I have read by this author but I will be looking to read the first three books in the series ASAP. I read this one as a stand alone and I don't feel that I was missing out but I would like to rea
Sue Wallace
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Their fatal secrets by janice frost.
Two students coming home from a drunken night out see something strange in the river. It is a young woman’s body.
A thriller of a read. I really did enjoy this book. 5*.
Mary Johnson
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read in one sitting on a sleepless night.... A good story and better written than the previous book in this series. Easy to read and become involved with but I still believe that there is a depth missing to the investigating officers and I begin to question whether this is deliberate as the others became ‘real’ to me.

I like the style of writing when I’m in the mood for something easy and compelling. I get frustrated when the investigating team dominate a story but now find it is the same when th
victoria warner
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Started reading this by mistake. Realised it was part of a series so went to book one and then proceeded to read all the books.
Loved them. The team dynamics along with the will they /won't they between Neal and Merry, plus the knowledge of police workings and the geographical descriptions make for interesting reads.
Jo Ann
Just binge read books 1-4 and I'm quite in love with this series! Feel like I discovered a great new show on Netflix with a fantastic cast and a solid storyline. Can't wait for the next book to be released!!
Carol Butler
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Good

Good story flowed quite well but I could not take to the characters, perhaps need a bit of polish. I would try another from this author but will need a clean break first then perhaps the characters stand a better chance to get to grips with.
georgina o'brien
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kept in suspense all the way through- highly recommended

Throughly enjoyed the second book by this wonderful author.
Kept in suspense all the way through, could not second guess.
So looking forward to third book
Hannelore Cheney
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nerys Roberts
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two drunk students find a body in the river as they walk home from a night out. DI Jim Neal, DS Ava Merry and the rest of their team investigate. It becomes clear that the victim had been looking into things that had happened in her past and was trying to contact other women she had known at the time. Then another body is found in the river and she was on the first victim's list of contacts. Jess knew the victim and decides she's going to try and find out who killed her. Then strange things star ...more
Pat Simpson
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the series but can easily be read as a standalone. Two dead women, Leanne and Ruby, are found in the same river. DS Ava Merry and DJ Jim Neal are joined by a new detective, Tom Knight, to solve these murders. Jess, who was befriended by Leanne when she was being bullied, tries to discover who killed her and if there is a connection between the two murders. This is a nail biting read, full of intrigue, mystery and twists and turns. Well worth reading, keeps you wanting ...more
Susan
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Late one night two students discover a body in the canal, then another body is found. Is there a connection and what does the 'list of victims' refer to.
Not a lot of time spent on the characters of the police, as this is the fourth in the series, their characters and the dynamics between the characters might already be understood.
An interesting mystery which kept my interest and can be read as a stand-alone story. I will probably go back at some point and read the previous stories.
Received an A
Judy Savage
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

Hope to read more of D.I. Neal and Ava. Ms Frost is able to keep the excitement humming along in this series, and great attention to detail. I love that I can hardly wait for another of Ms. Frost's books to be published. She is very able to keep one's attention, from the beginning till the end.

Joyce
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

A young woman is found floating down the river. DI Jim Neal and DS Tom Knight respond to the call. She was badly beaten and thrown in the river while still alive. Her name was Leanne Jackson. A look at her apartment reveals a list of names. Some are familiar to the police.

Then more girls are murdered. The investigation steps up and the police are interviewing people who knew the women and their relatives.

The reader knows from the beginning the name of the murderer. The fun is in the pol
Kitten  Peters
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

This book puts Ava and Neil at great risk capturing a murderer. A few surprises in who owns the boat and the psychopath who is the murderer.

Joan Reid
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Read most of her books and never disappointed going to read her next one hopefully be a romance for Ava and Neil

jackie Siears
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Reading

I enjoyed reading the four books in this series. The characters are likeable and well-developed. I gave these books 4 stars because a couple of them end leaving the reader feeling an incompleteness, almost feeling as though the author just quit. I do recommend this series for people who enjoy British police stories. I appreciate the author including a glossary of British terms.
Joan
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

I love this series of books. Each book seems to be a little better than the last. If you are a fan of British Mysteries, these are the books for you . The books are well written and the characters are well defined. I can't wait for the next book.
mrs j a hewitt
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Story

I'm a fan of Janice Frosts books and the characters you get to know. As usual there are twists and turns which keep you guessing and I couldn't put the book down . Sometimes it's appropriate to have a concise story which is not too long to read .
Mr Kenneth L Mullen
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

Another great story from Janice Frost with all the usual characters.Plenty of action and lots of twists and turns and easy to read. Read it in one sitting and looking forward to reading more.
Elaine Tomasso
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for a review copy of Their Fatal Secrets, the fourth police procedural to feature DI Jim Neal and DS Ava Merry of the Stromford police.

When the badly beaten body of Leanne Jackson is pulled out the Strom the team is quick to start investigating. They find a list of women's names in her flat but no obvious connection and are unsure of its value but investigate anyway. In the meantime a school friend of Leanne, Jess Stokes, feeling guilty about her l
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the DS Merry and DI Neal series and the first one I have read by this author, but it can be read as a stand alone.

Why did Leanne Jackson have to die? Her body is found by drunken students in the river Strom. DS Merry, DI Neal and their team are tasked with investigating her death then another body shows up.

Leanne’s old school friend Jess stumbles across the police crime scene. She desperately wants to help solve Leanne’s murder but bad things start happening to her an
Paige
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two drunk students find a womens body n the river. Soon, another body is found in the river and it’s up to DI Jim Neal and DS Ava Merry to find out if they are linked.

One of the women has a list of victims in her house. 3 of them are now dead. It soon becomes clear that the victim was looking into things that happened to people she knew in the past.

Jess, one of the characters in the book, knows one of the victims and she tries to find out what happened to her. But then really strange and awful
Marion
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth book in the DS Merry and DI Neal series and in this one we meet another detective Tom Knight who joins their team.
It opens with the discovery of a girls body found in the river by two students returning from a night out. Merry and Neal are given the case to investigate. On closer examination the girl has been badly beaten.
A young woman, Jess, in the crowd of onlookers realises she recognises the girl, Leanne Jackson from school. Though never friends, Leanne had stood up to the
Jen
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Their Fatal Secrets by Janice Frost is the 4th in the DS Merry/DI Neal series. I haven't read the previous books, but this one works fine as a stand-alone.

From the blurb: "Two students coming home from a drunken night out see something strange in the river. It is a young woman’s body.

Hours later, a second young woman’s body is discovered on another stretch of the same river."

DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal are assigned to both investigations. And they’re joined by a new detective, Tom Knight. Ther
Linda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have never read any of the previous Janice Frost Neal and Merry thrillers before, so was a little worried when Joffe Books sent me a free copy to review as I thought I would find it hard to get into. This is book 4 in the series but despite that I had no problems what-so-ever getting to know the characters and was plunged directly into the crimes of one of the most deadly killers you could bear to imagine.

The novel itself was very well written and all the characters came to life very nicely. I
Misfits farm
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Two students are out for a night on the town. One goes to be sick in the local river and thinks he sees a body. This leads to a trail of recent murders for the team to investigate. Is there a link between the bodies and what has happened to the girl who is trying to find out about her missing friend? PJ, Ava and Jim are likeable characters and tenacious in their work as are many of their colleagues. We get to know a little about their own lives and background which for me makes a story that much ...more
Martha Brindley
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 4 in this series but can be read as a stand alone. DI Neal and DS Merry are investigating the deaths of two women found washed up in the river. Are they connected? I liked the character of the bad guy and can't quite make up my mind if I felt sympathy for him or not! This book was an easy read, the connection between the women made for an interesting plot and it was very well written. Plenty twists in the tale to keep the reader guessing and I look forward to seeing how the relation ...more

• Buried Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #4)
  • Dead Nasty (Calladine & Bayliss, #6)
  • Shadow Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #7)
  • Dark Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #1)
  • Dead & Buried (Calladine & Bayliss, #5)
  • Dead Jealous (Calladine & Bayliss, #7)
  • Twisted Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #5)
  • Deadly Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen, #2)
  • Secret Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #3)
  • Evil Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #6)
  • Dead List (Calladine & Bayliss, #3)
  • MURDER THE BOYS (Detective Kate Power Mystery Book 1)
  • Murder by Arson (Detective Kate Power Mystery Book 3)
  • Dead Lost (Calladine & Bayliss, #4)
  • Wrong Victim  (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 3)
  • Silent Crimes (DCI Sophie Allen #8)
  • Dark Angel (DI Greco, #4)
  • Dead Bad (Calladine & Bayliss, #8)

DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal (5 books)
  • Dead Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #1)
  • Dark Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #2)
  • Her Husband's Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #3)
  • Dirty Secrets (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #5)