Start by marking “Temporary Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
Temporary Boyfriend

Temporary Boyfriend

Piper Madison can only think of one way to get her parents to accept her: hire a temporary boyfriend.
She hires Matthew Cooper, a hot, tall, and wickedly handsome male escort with a set of dimples and charm that will bring any woman to her knees.
He assures Piper they will prove her family wrong - that she doesn’t need to be married to some billionaire in order to be happy -

To ask other readers questions about Temporary Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temporary Boyfriend

Melanie (mells_view)
4 bring that boy home for the holidays stars!

I went into this story without really reading the blurb, and based on the title alone. I was surprised to find it was a Holiday romance, and not just a taboo quickie, but it was still so good!

Matthew is an escort, not a sex one, a date one. Haha. Piper is the career black sheep of her family. She feels like all she does is a disappoint them with her life choices, so she thinks hiring an escort to bring home as her boyfriend for Christmas will take som
Snow
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Too short to be more meaningful

I sound harsh but the emotional depth that was attempted in presentation here, was just that, an attempt and far from smth credible...
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4 Stars!

Temporary Boyfriend was a sweet, no drama, enjoyable read. Nothing too flashy, just likable. With a set of characters that brought the laughs. Piper and Matthew were so adorable and I couldn't stop from smiling. Really liked these two and their chemistry.

If you're looking for a short and sweet read, then Temporary Boyfriend is for you.
Lily Garcia
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! Perfect holiday story!

Shanora does it again! If you’re looking for a short holiday story with hot sex and some drama, then look no further! I loved Piper and Matthew so much. Their chemistry was off the charts and Matthew had me swooning so hard! Add a dysfunctional family and a fake relationship with hot sexual tension to this story, and you get this short but awesome read! Shanora, can Stanley please get his own short story too please? He needs his own hea❤
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, easy Christmas read. Piper is the free spirit of her family & while trying to impress her parents inadvertently falls for the escort she hires. It's got great chemistry, sweet storyline and a holiday house full of the annoying family members everyone can relate to. Recommend if you're in the mood for some Christmas spirit.

I received an ARC of this book
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
#DNF
I lost interest, who knows in the future I resume reading.
Romance Readers Retreat
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a relatively quick read, a Christmas themed novella that makes it a perfect winter/holidays read with a hot chocolate to relax and while away a couple of hours.

We get two enjoyable characters that both have their own issues that bring them into a temporary Boyfriend situation. Piper is somewhat the black sheep of her family that can never gain any praise no matter how hard she tries. And Matthew for his own reasons, is the escort hired to try and help Piper survive a family Christmas.

The
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
DNF @ 54%

[Full Review to Come]
Innergoddess_Booklover
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
The holidays are in and If your looking for a sweet romantic christmas book . Then Temporary Boyfriend is just the book for you. So get ready to go on a holiday with sexy escort Matthew Cooper.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Temporary Boyfriend was a short, sexy, and fun holiday read!
In this story, Piper hires Matthew, an escort, to accompany her to her family holiday gathering.
Piper's family isn't for the faint of heart as they are all pretty much jerks... with the exception of her brother, Stanley.
Piper and Matthew's chemistry was almost immediate! I loved their connection!
I'd love to read a story about Stanley! He won my heart over with his love and devotion to Piper!

Great 4 Star Holiday Read!"
Gretchen
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The start of the holiday season is upon us, and this cute little novella by Shanora Williams is the perfect way to kick things off!

Temporary Boyfriend tells the story of Piper Madison and Matthew Cooper. Unlike her siblings, Piper marches to the beat of her own drum, choosing to be an entertainment editor instead of something more serious as suggested by her parents.

Tired of always being considered the family disappointment - and hoping to deflect some of their criticism - Piper decides to sh
April Symes
Shanora has done it again! If you are looking for a short holiday read, then you are in for a treat with Temporary Boyfriend. Piper is looking to bring home a “boyfriend” for the holidys to keep her family off her back because they don’t think she has it in her to find a proper boyfriend. Piper is someone who doesn’t do things in the right order, she is a free spirit and she feels like she always disappoints her family because she isn’t more like they are- controlled and rigid, while she is goes ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

Temporary Boyfriend is a sweet and sexy tale of a fake relationship turned real. It's different from the Nora Heat stories (there's even a disclaimer in the beginning warning as such), but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Truth be told, there were times when it was a bit cheesy/corny, but even the characters call themselves out for these moments and it added to the overall sweet feeling that permeates the book. I have to admit, while the att
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017

This book was a quick fun sexy read.

This story is of Piper she is young independent and single. She is happy until she has to go home for Christmas and of course, she doesn’t have a boyfriend so the family will be on her back about it and how she how disappointing she is with her life choices.
Therefore, she hires a male escort to act as her temporary boyfriend, Matthew. He knows how to play the part well he will be the “perfect man” for her to bring home to the family.
Matthew plays the
Brandy Roberts
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Shanora Williams stories Temporary Boyfriend is a short steamy read that will put you in the holiday spirit . Really liked Piper and Matthew even though they had a "fake relationship " these two brought the heat with their off the charts chemistry and witty banter .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero=10 heroine=10 secondary characters=6 Chemistry=10 steam=7
romance=9 humor=9 darkness level=2 action=2 mystery=2
enjoyment=9 angst=3 story line=9 Stor
Isha Coleman
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Temporary Boyfriend by Shanora Williams
Temporary Boyfriend has naughty written all over it.  There's no subtlety about it.  Caught in a web of her own making, Piper better hope pride doesn't cost her heart.  Ms. Williams finds the humor in some heartbreaking moments, but never loses sight of the charisma and chemistry that Piper and Matthew generate together.  Shanora Williams has earned a coveted spot on my favorites book shelf the first time out.  She's an author to watch.
Lozzie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart!

This book was perfect in every way. I read in one sitting!!

This is the kind of book that you could curl up on the sofa with after a rough day at work. It will make you forget the world for an hour or two.

The characters are wonderful, and Matthew and Piper are swoonworthy, especially Mr. Cooper himself.

This book is the perfect Christmas read! I enjoyed it so much. I simply could not get enough of it.

I love it!
Heaven Scheuring
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017, arc
Temporary Boyfriend was a short, sexy, and fun holiday read!
Piper and Matthew's chemistry was almost immediate! I loved their connection!

Great 4 Star Holiday Read!
Paula D
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A perfect holiday romance story! Piper is sick of her family with judging her. Piper hires a escort and happens to one drop dead sexy Matthew. Mathew was shocked when he meets Piper and is the perfect gentleman but things start to get hot between them. Will Piper tell her family the truth? Will Mathew just walk away? Great romance book that was hot and sweet! 4/5 stars *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Copy of this book ***
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
I read Temporary Boyfriend back when it was called Holiday Escort. When I found out Shanora was going to give it a makeover with bonus content I couldn't wait!! It was just as cute the second time around. I'm hoping Shanora will produce more books similar to this in the future!!!
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 STARS FOR TEMPORARY BOYFRIEND!! This is a cute fast sexy read for the Holidays. Piper hires hot sexy Matthew to be her boyfriend and they heat the pages up. This story will have happy you read this book and turning pages. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Christine (Padfoot's Library)
4.5 * (full review to come)
Krys The Reading Blogger
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Temporary Boyfriend was a quick read, sweet with all the right amount of sexiness you’ll need. Matthew and Piper were perfect for each other but of course had to find their way and overcome a few minor obstacles. Overall I’ll definitely recommend if you’re looking for a nice holiday read.

I was gifted an ARC for an honest review.
Jenny B
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Temporary Boyfriend is a sweet story about a girl who is just looking for the approval from her family and is desperate to do anything to get it. Her family, while being incredibly dysfunctional, I loved reading about them and all the relationships and dynamics within. Matthew Cooper just made me swoon and I loved him and his background just made him that much more endearing.

This is a sweet read about a fake boyfriend and I think everyone will love it!
D
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short and sweet with a little bit of naughty romance. Shanora Williams does a great job of setting up and developing the story and characters in this novella- which is hard to do with shorter word counts. The premise of the story fits perfectly for a novella and it is sexy, sweet, funny and even a little angsty. Matthew and Piper's chemistry is believable and the perfect balance to the storyline.
I absolutely devoured this little story that had big appeal. A perfect story if you're in
Anne Milne
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick fun read about Piper and Matthew who meet under unusual circumstances.

Piper and Matthew have chemistry in spades but the path of love isn’t smooth. There are plenty of obstacles that they have to overcome.

This story will have you smiling a good short story.
Dayang
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was reading the blurb and I was so thrilled to receive its arc... Stories like these always give me the warm fuzzies... The push and pull of the characters of a fake-to-real love story is always so exciting.

I loved the concept eventhough the storyline isn't new. I've read a bunch of it over time and as a matter of fact, this week alone, I had two other arc's of the same concept... Anyway, moving on to Piper and Matthew's story...

I can relate to Piper's insecurities because let's face it, every
Fee96
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shanora Williams definitely has a way with words. Are you ready for a bit of holiday family drama with a side of deception and downright unexpected steamy encounters? Then this is the book for you! All these entertaining components were wrapped up sweetly with a HEA that left my heart full.

Piper is independent, successful and beautiful but unsure of herself when it comes to both relationships with men and her family. Relatable in every way. She's convinced they don't approve of her career. Think
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this book 5 stars because this was my first time reading a book by Shanora Williams, and this first introduction was wonderful she made me a fan of her books. This was a sweet but little naughty read if you are looking for a book that is going to put and keep a smile on your face then you are going to really enjoy this story. Let me just say this is a really a good wonderful holiday read if you need to get into the Christmas spirit this book will help open you up well not literally ...more
Aubrey- CGSR
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 'When you think you know what you're doing?' Stars

Ahhh....you think you have it all figured out. Hire an escort to pretend to be your boyfriend for a weekend home so you can get your parents off your back and then you go your separate ways and no one is the wiser...riiiight.

I thought Piper was a likeable character although her verbal outbursts of quirkiness were a little weird, but not over the top. Matthew was definitely relatable; just a squirrel tryna get a nut. What I thought wa
« previous 1 3 next »

• No Fear (Pace of Love #2)
  • 39 & Holding
  • Love Amplified (Heavy Influence, #3)
  • Bachelor Games (Tropical Temptation, #3)
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • Star Cursed (Curse of the Beast, #2)
  • Champagne and Daisies (The Hamiltons, #2)
  • Rock Me Baby
  • No Second Chances (Dodge Cove, #3)
  • Model Position (Art of Love #1)
  • You're to Blame
  • Bound & SEAL'D
  • Whiskey & You (Kings of Texas, #1)
  • Wickedly They Come (The Wickedly, #1)
  • Creed: Ruthless Bastards (RBMC #5)
  • Exotic Racing Crusader (Exotic Racers #1)
  • The Black Tuxedos MC - Reese
  • The Marriage Mistake: A Billionaire Hangover Romance
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who loves writing about flawed heroes and resilient heroines. She is a believer that love outweighs all, but doesn’t have a problem making her characters fight for their happily ever after.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of two amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive husband, and is