Start by marking “The Job Blower” as Want to Read:
The Job Blower

The Job Blower

(Smart & Sassy in the City #3)

A ROMANTIC COMEDY THAT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!

Camilla Jackson is an ordinary young woman with an extraordinary knack for attracting disaster. When she is fired from her job as a secretary at a law firm, she realizes she has no idea what she wants to do next. Every job she does land ends up tragi-comically.
But when she meets the drop-dead-gorgeous journalist, Carter Evans
Published June 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Job Blower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Job Blower

Start your review of The Job Blower
Sophia
Camilla Jackson hasn't quite found her niche in life yet, but she hasn't stopped looking. Along the way, her adventures in working, life, and romance are a painful, humorous, and heartwarming. I enjoyed this romantic comedy that begs the reader to laugh with it and not take it too seriously.

Camilla is humiliated and emotionally bruised as she leaves her job at the law firm. What will she do now? With an incomplete education in law, no real marketable skills, and a tendency toward unforeseeable a
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I have mixed feelings about this story. It was well written and had a very intriguing plot but I struggled to feel a strong connection to the characters, especially Camilla. The humor seemed a bit forced like the author was trying too hard.

Overall, it was still a good story but I enjoyed other books by this author so much more.
S.R. Mallery
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** Another Winner!

This author’s works never fail to keep the pages turning, whether it be because I get involved with her romantic story and the people involved, the snappy, funny dialogue and prose, or the sudden twists and turns that I’m not expecting. Well, this book has it all––which made for hours of delightfully funny, OMG what just happened? and what a truly emotional and sexy romance! reading.
Camilla Jackson is absolutely adorable and funny. Carter Evans, the hunky love of her life,
Margaux Espinosa
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m starting to really love Melinda De Ross’s writing style. The fun, flirty, hilarious characters mixed with serious situations and romantic love stories. This female lead is clumsy, funny, upbeat, and falls head over heels in love with one sexy reporter, then she manages to get quite literally swept up into a story he’s working on. Perfect and entertaining as hell love story that will make you laugh and pull on your heartstrings. I definitely recommend this one.
Louis Cecile
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an atypical romantic comedy that is just not brave enough to continue its light-hearted comedic first half. The entire set-up and events all border on the realms of fantasy that satisfy this audience. Though set in the real world it is unlikely such events would take place in tandem, however, this is what the reader expects.

The book is about a highly accident prone woman who has a skill in losing low-skilled jobs and on-route will stumble upon her knight in shining armour. With little su
Pauline
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm afraid that this book didn't "do it" for me. The story was ok, felt a little strained at times and disjointed at others. The writing was very much in the style of someone who's first language is not English and so I found it quite tiring to read. Not my cup of tea, but obviously others liked it.
K.D. Bloodworth
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book a 4.5 if I could. The only reason I'm not giving a 5, is because I normally do not read romance, so I don't have much to compare. With that said, I keep returning to this author. I found myself thinking of my first few jobs and how terrible I actually was at almost everything I tried. I had to laugh at the situations the young Camilla found herself in, even though she was willing to give anything a try.
A light-hearted story, that made me laugh with a touch of scariness and
Susanne Matthews
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With an unusual title like The Job Blower, I was certain this book would stand out from others I've read. As usual,Ms De Ross didn't disappoint. I laughed so hard in places, I cried. The imagination it takes to create scene after disaster-filled scene is incredible, and the descriptions allowed you to visualize our poor heroine either facing down an exhibitionist or a potential lover. The story kept me involved right to the end.
Margaret Lashley
Mar 25, 2018
Cynthia
Apr 16, 2020
Karen
rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2020
Mar 31, 2020
Kit
is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2020

• Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Just for the Weekend
  • Accidental Protector
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Rush (The Boys of RDA, #1)
  • Accidental Hubby Next Door (Hate to Love You Book 4)
  • The Empty Nesters
  • A Hero for Hailey (Love will OUT, #1)
  • Molly's Misadventures
  • Tossed Into Love (Fluke My Life, #3)
  • Drawn into Love (Fluke My Life, #4)
  • Written on His Skin
  • Perfectly Imperfect
  • Single Dad
  • Stumbling into Love (Fluke My Life, #2)
  • Running into Love (Fluke My Life, #1)
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Sticks and Stones (Broken Heart, #2)
Melinda De Ross is a USA Today bestselling author of multi-genre fiction novels. A prolific writer, she weaves humorous romance and tension-filled thrillers with the same enthusiasm. Her books combine the elegance of European literature with the modern appeal of American culture. While she's a law graduate and professional target shooter, she prefers to spend her days spinning tales for her reader ...more

Smart & Sassy in the City (3 books)
  • Celebrity (Smart & Sassy in the City, #1)
  • Unabridged (Smart & Sassy in the City, #2)

News & Interviews