Start by marking “Condemned Series: Books 1-4” as Want to Read:
Condemned Series:  Books 1-4

Condemned Series: Books 1-4

(Condemned #1-4)

This version included the first four books in the series and is no longer available.

* * *
One lie that sent an innocent man to prison. One act of revenge eight years later. One obsessive love. Alex De Luca was only fifteen when she sent the love of her life to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Rafe Mason, rising MMA star, her brother’s best friend, and the guy her
Kindle Edition
Published November 2015

To ask other readers questions about Condemned Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Condemned Series

Start your review of Condemned Series: Books 1-4
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Nothing mattered so long as she surrendered her soul to my demon and let him devour her.

Eight years ago, Alex told a lie that had far-reaching repercussions. This lie destroyed lives. This deception broke her and changed Rafe. His promising future was ripped away and he spent 8 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. And now he's back, determined to mete out his vengeance and get his pound of flesh. He was coming for her.

This was certainly different from what I was expecting. I realized
Ashleyjo
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

If the line between love and hate is thin, then the lines between anger and lust -and- fear and lust are emaciated.

I didn't dislike this book, but it did leave me feeling senselessly jerked around, purposefully confused, and overloaded with secondary plots I didn't want or need.

The technical writing was fine.

2 1/2 stars.

Him

I got the idea, the premise - he's depraved, capable of heartless shit, and still has the remnants a moral compass.

It's how the author pushed the conflict toward each
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2018 added it
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2018)!

Blurb:
One lie. One act of revenge. One obsessive love.

I was only fifteen when I sent the love of my life to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Rafe Mason, rising MMA star, my brother’s best friend, and the guy my foolish heart yearned for. The guy my foolish heart won’t forget even now that eight years have gone by. But now he’s free and only wants one thing: me at his mercy.

And I am.

I’m a prisoner on his island, held captive by his deviant desires, bound by
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Here's my review of each of these books:

TORRENT

**update** I decided to re-read this book before I read the others. Why? Because having read so many books after reading this I wanted it to be fresh in my mind. But blimey I engulfed this book. What an ending!! So looking forward to reading book 2.

Wow!!Why have I not read this authors books before. This book was absolutely brilliant. I read this book in one sitting. I seriously couldn't put it down or read it fast enough. My stomach was in bits
Romaine Heart
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Condemned Series will captivate you from the first book sending you on an unimaginable wild and kinky ride you never thought possible. It's dark, intense, twisted and so sinfully delicious.
Gemma James has beautifully written a magnificent masterpiece that will blow your mind! Unexpected events will have your heart racing. The kink will drag you into a yummy darkness you never knew existed.
I strongly recommend this series!
Next installment, Deviant #5 of this fabulous series.
Each book has a
Wit & Wonder Books
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
**COPY provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Get into the mindset of one of the darkest, cruelest series out on the market today. Known for her wicked scenarios and sinister plot-twists, Gemma James can be categorized with other dark romance authors such as Aleatha Romig and Pepper Winters. The Condemned Series, which features all four books; Torrent, Rampant, Fervent and Vagrant, are mind numbing to say the least. Best categorized as dark deliciousness that torments your
Suzy Baba
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a week to read this series.... Not because I didn’t have time to read, but because it was so dark and disturbing I needed to stop at times to give my self a day or two to recover. There is so much brutality and disturbances, rape, beating and self inflicting pain. I couldn’t stop reading it because I wanted to know what happens to the main characters, I wanted to see what IS their happy ending....... This book is definitely not for the soft of hearts, you need to be able to stomach ...more
Ana Oh
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

The plot in this thing is like a hamster wheel.

The female protagonist seems to be stuck. While she is a decent character, she hasn’t evolved much through four books. As a result, the conflict between the couple is the same over and over and over, despite the male protagonist’s growth.

The naughty stuff is pretty hot. I wish Rafe and Jax would have some kind of get together.

Brandi
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not a happy read

I have never been a victim of incest nor have I been raped or physically abused. With that being said, these books really bothered me. This woman has no life of her own from beginning til the end. Not my type of read.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Fantastic series all around!
I'm glad I bought the box set because once you get started you're not going to want to stop until the end. There are dark and disturbing scenes throughout the series and some readers might not be comfortable but if you're looking for dark romances this will hit the mark.
Amy Williams
50 Shades plus 100

If you read the Fifty Shades of Grey series and liked it,which I did,then you may be expecting this book to be similar by its description. I will tell you that be prepared if there were any
parts of Fifty Shades of Grey that you had trouble reading without feeling a little nauseous,then back up and skip this book. This series has a lot more descriptive scenes of what I would say is BDSM but the characters,Rafe and Alex never give that definition to their relationship. To me
Jan Grass
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-gemma, kindle
I loved this series. Best series I've read this year!!!
Rough Draft Book Blog
So the simplest way I know how to review this is to give you all four of my reviews for these books... Sorry it's sooo long...

Torrent by Gemma James
Rafe & Alex
PULLING HAIR OUT... SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
5 Stars cause 10 is not an option!

Ok... Ok... Calm the fuck down... Deep breaths... in... out... in... out... This book took my breath away... it sucked the oxygen right out of my lungs and replaced it with cement! It carved my heart out with a spoon and hand fed it back to me! It's
Badh
After having read this, I can only come to one conclusion. Gemma James hates her characters and lives to torture them. Maybe at some point in her life, a couple of people named Rafe and Alex done Gemma wrong, and this is her revenge. If so, remind me never to piss her off, because I'd hate to see what she did to me. That being said, I'm pretty sure that there is something wrong with me because I liked reading everything that Gemma James did to her poor characters. Maybe I subconsciously hate ...more
Akeisha -Til' The Last Page BB
I will warn you that this series has a subject that might be hurtful to most people. Condemned series is not just for any one because jeez the subject matter even made me feel a little sick at times.
Despite my feelings about the subject I simply could not put the series down without finding out what happens next.

I am not sure where to begin with this review besides shouting " Holy Hell". I wish I was organized enough and took notes while reading. I would have loved to give a little bit of
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Found on own
Shelves: erotic-romancd
Wow what a roller-coaster ride. First off Alex has been through hell and back since age 13teen by not only her mother traumatic death but her own brother will step brother repeatedly raping her and abusing her. Where this poor 15 year old whether she knew right from wrong was so messed up in the head she was frightened of her brother and tormented that she lied and put a man she loved in jail. He only cared for Alex. Rafe in jail for 8 years did nothing but plot revenge against Alex for why she ...more
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Torrent Book 1: 5 Stars
A twisted dark gem filled to the brim with delicious wrongness that had my little black heart reeling!! Emotional, erotic, enticing, and intoxicating! Head over heels for this series from page 1!!!

Rampant Book 2: 5 Stars
Takes you in its clutches and won't release you unchanged. Not for the faint of heart, pushing limits all over the place, and that's what kept me transfixed. It reaches deep into the character's personalities and keeps you entranced by their every move.
Amber
Torrent - Book 1
A bit dark with a touch of taboo - just how I like it! Alex's abuse by her step-brother seems to have a domino affect in her life in the most negative of ways. When Rafe (the one thing that she can't forgive herself for) shows up at her door it's both a blessing and a curse; both are damaged and twisted and are actually perfect for each other. Ends in a cliffy!

Rampant - Book 2
Loving this series! If you like a dark read that's intense, disturbing, twisted, kinky and all the above
Oz007
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Rafe and Alex's story is not your usual HEA erotic book. I read the 4 books and each one had Alex kidnapped, which was slightly surreal and unlucky. The twosome overcome some rather difficult situations and still seem to love each other. There are uncomfortable scenes (rape, torture, imprisonment, sex trafficking, forced drug taking, murder etc..) that flow in with the Rafe and Alex romance. I read the books in one sitting, as I was curious to know what happened next, even if it made me
CAROLE RIDDELL
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I loved reading this series even tho it was darker than I usually like. I still couldn't stop reading until I had read the whole 4 books! All threw the series the love shone down and all the bad stuff Rafe and Alex went through seemed to make them stronger and although it was sometimes hard to keep reading I had to know how it all ended for them. Well done Gemma you keep writing and I'll keep reading! I recommend this author to anyone looking for something to read that keeps you reading until
Devin
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four Tortured Souls

Gemma James writes very achingly intense characters from whom she extracts massive amounts of emotional, and sometimes physical, suffering. The interactions between the four main characters ran the gamut of feelings, for them and for the reader! In the end, I found myself rooting for Jax, and even ZACK, to get their own ultimately fulfilling relationships and happy ever afters!
Nicky
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read dark and gritty stories but this series tops all. This is like being on a roller coaster ride through a dark tunnel....unbelievable. There is grit, angst, guilt, punishment, betrayal and not to forget emotional. Rafe and Alex are two broken people who have an obsessive attraction to each other and the journey they travel on will leave you reeling. Freakin' loved this series. Could not put it down.
Viper Spaulding
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning action-packed dark romance!

Wow - am I glad I read this in a boxed set! The cliffy after the first part made my jaw hit the floor, so I was more than thankful I could just continue right on with the story. This is not a fluffy rom-com, so take the author's warning seriously. This is dark, you don't always know who the good guys are, and the brilliant writing will keep you on the edge of your seat glued to your kindle. I loved, loved, loved this story!
Andrea Floyd
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I loved both the stories and the characters. Dark, gritty, edgy, filled with everything you need in a good book, plus so much more. It will keep you on the edge, and not let you go. This was a cover to cover non-stop read for me. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Tajana
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Condemned series!!!! This is my first read from Gemma James and I absolutely love it. This is a dark story, hot sexy and steamy, but it is not for the faint of a heart.
It might be little to much for some readers, so if you are looking for hearts and flowers you might want to skip it. Everyone that is looking for great dar read, this is it.
Make sure you get your copy.
Nina
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I am still stymied

Just wow. You ever watched a movie through your fingers. Well this is beyond that. Will not disappoint. Dark but so intelligently intoxicating. You just want to know. You want justice. You want to.... ahhhhh. Can write that. Yeah that great. Warning very real. But so great.
Shauna Marie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters

Love Rafe and Alex great love story. I do wonder about Jax. They are an interesting combination of characters. This was well written and held my interest. Read it in two days.
Nicole Collins
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep dark romance

Mind blowing, emotionally gripping, intense dark romance. I could not put this series down. So much happened that it was a wild rollercoaster of drama and intensity.
Lucy Roderick
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deeply intense

WOW!! Five stars for this deeply intense erotic thriller from Gemma James! So much hard core love between two or possibly three people will keep you on the edge throughout this entire series. You'll want to jump into the pages and save them all!
Amy
4 Dark & Crazy Stars

I was looking for a dark romance for my reading challenge and this series certainly hit all the marks. Dark. Twisted. Intense. Not for the faint of heart. And a hero you can't help but hate to love....
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pure White Rose (Rose and Thorn, #2)
  • Hate Me (Collateral #1)
  • Last Broken Rose (Rose and Thorn, #3)
  • The Trials of Tamara (Blue Eyed Monsters Book 2)
  • Black Ink
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Tamara, Taken (Blue Eyed Monsters #1)
  • Head On (Strength and Love)
  • His Hostage (Valetti Crime Family #2)
  • Dead Man's Hand (Vegas Underground #7)
  • Yield: Emily & Damon (Fettered #1)
  • Tragic Beauty (Beauty & The Darkness, #1)
  • Vas  (The V Games, #3)
  • Hard (Raw Heroes Book 2)
  • BLAI2E (Dark Romance, #2)
  • Dirty Dom (Valetti Crime Family, #1)
  • Bad Boy (Valetti Crime Family #5)
  • Kill Me (Kiss of Death, #1)
Gemma James is a USA Today and Amazon bestselling author of a blend of genres, from new adult suspense to dark erotic romance. She loves to explore the darker side of human nature in her fiction, and she's morbidly curious about anything dark and edgy, from deviant sex to serial killers. Readers have described her stories as being "not for the faint of heart."

She warns you to heed their words! Her

Condemned (6 books)
  • Torrent (Condemned, #1)
  • Rampant (Condemned, #2)
  • Fervent (Condemned, #3)
  • Vagrant (Condemned, #4)
  • Deviant (Condemned, #5)
  • Descent (Condemned, #6)