Start by marking “Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)

Blood Oath

(Darkest Drae #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  15,103 ratings  ·  1,030 reviews
Dark Fantasy. Dragons. Intrigue. Romance.

More than anything, I crave adventure. But in the disease ridden land of Verald, life is mapped out much like the well-established rings of our kingdom.

Published November 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood Oath, please sign up.
Tara It’s so much better than a lot of the mainstream YA I’ve read and I’ve read a ton of YA. It’s waaaay deeper and more emotional than I was expecting. S…moreIt’s so much better than a lot of the mainstream YA I’ve read and I’ve read a ton of YA. It’s waaaay deeper and more emotional than I was expecting. Such a hidden gem. I would definitely recommend it.(less)
Elizabeth Action referring to war no but there are graphic scenes of torture and beheading.

·  15,103 ratings  ·  1,030 reviews

Start your review of Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 - 3 Stars

It took me a while to get into this book, which is crazy as it has dragons in it.

And ya'll know how I feel about dragons...

description

I will pretty much read any book that has them in it.
Period.

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw that, not only were they in this book, but that they were a central character focus.

And yet...

description

The beginning of this book trudged along at what was for me the pace of molasses in winter.

There was a lot of torture.

description

Lots of ambiguous "who is actually the ma
jessica
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am amazed it took me this long to discover this story and shocked that only 25 of you guys have this added to your books. so do me a favour and click the 'want to read' button right now. dont let the cover fool you - you wont regret it.

i actually feel if this had the right promotion/publishing, it would be wildly popular and successful. and maybe it has and ive just been living under a rock. lol. regardless, im here to spread the word.

i had no idea what to expect when i picked this up, and did
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
So honestly.... Just fucking skip this one guys. Go straight to the second book. I promise, you’ll be able to follow along and you’ll love the characters a hella lot more

descriptiondescription

When we first meet our heroine, Ryn, she the accumulation of everything I hate. She’s naive. She’s immature. She knows nothing about the powers and in complete denial about having them. She was a YA heroine thrown into an adult universe

Looking back now, I see that Ryn was just starting out naive. But by the end of book, sh
Alex
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmmmm.

So I definitely will continue with the series, but this book is a hard 3 and an extra star for the cover.
So many things were wrong with this story, the characters development and growth. The plot and world building and the actual emotional roller coaster it could have been. But the premise and intent was great, just missed on execution.
The MC is ridiculous and impulsive. The naive and immature just got old fast.
Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t hate it. The world building was enough to keep
Rosaline (Rosaline's Rolls & Scrolls)
Heavy amount of swearing ahead, because I just can't with the rage this book put me in.

DNF at 22%, because life's too short and there are endless awesome books I must discover still

I can't! I'm sorry, I just can't. She's too fucking dumb.
What the fuck is this? There's just no way I can read one more page of this bullshit. What the fuck?!

Ok so, I need to calm down!

I absolutely loved Kelly St. Clare's Tainted Accords series. It was an awesome fantasy with a capable heroine, wonderful world-build
Holly
Normally when a fantasy-romance book has a 17 year old girl as a main character, I expect it to be kind of light on the torture/deaths front, but man, this book did not hold back. Holy crap. This book was very light (and clean, and a little insta) on the romance front, but dark pretty much with everything else. Some things annoyed me, like the fake news headlines or whatever those were supposed to be that she kept thinking up at random moments. But overall I kept turning the pages, long past whe ...more
Quinn
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Darkest Drae is absolutely ridiculous, and not in a good way. Sadly, it reads like a 12 year old writing fanfiction rather then anything worth being published; which sorry to say is probably the reason it's listed on Amazon unlimited rather then by its own merits (Sorry amazon unlimited, there are actually some good authors on there if you can manage to wade through this mess).

Believe it or not by summary alone it has everything I could possibly want in a book. Shape shifting hot dragon men
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
In the interest of full disclosure, for the past month I have been oscillating between fever, cold, sinus infection, and right back to being feverish again so I may have actually hallucinated how amazing this book is. However, I can claim that to my addled mind, this book was done really really well despite my skepticism, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Theme Song for Blood Oath: Change by RM and Wale

Blood Oath is about a young woman who has been starving, poor, a
-S♡
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4 Stars! Blood Oath ...
An Intense, enthralling, consuming, refreshing and thrilling read that will leave you emotionally invested and wanting more!
“Fire licked where our skin touched, the warmth spreading from where his hand tangled in my hair, sending tendrils of pulsing energy all over until I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.”

booksNpenguins
“Please show her mercy. I’m just the soap queen. I don’t know anything important.”

I came for the blurb, stayed for the drama.
Blood Oath is definitely not the book I expected it to be and I'm not sure if this is a bad or a good thing.
It's dark, twisted, full of gore and tears and moments that'll have you gasping (good thing), but it's also filled with a little too much forced humor (bad thing) and the kind of crowded romance I've only encountered before in the House of Night series (very ba
Hetal
To see this review and more, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

Blood Oath is a devastating new release written in tandem by Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Claire. It is a must read for fantasy lovers who are looking for intricate characters, a bit of romance, and plot twists of the most delicious kind.

I was blessed with an ARC of this precious, and not gonna lie, I went in expecting one thing and got something completely different. Not BAD different, just different. I
Just Josie
FULL HOUSE!

Look I am gonna be honest with you I have never read anything like this.
Who knew dark fantasy was a thing? Why didn’t I know this 😭?? I SHOULD have known this! Okay, okay, back on track, Josie 🤦🏻‍♀️

I was tremendously captivated by this story. The characters were dark, intriguing and so complex.
Ryn was so nice to follow. So strong and kind and her sassy comments were to die for.

The whole idea behind the Drae and Phaetyns are insanely good. I NEED more of these kind of things ! Becau
TJ ☾
 Simply Sam ツ
I really liked this. Like way more than I thought I would, for some reason. There's just the right amount of fantasy and humor, blood and romance thrown in. A super quick read if you're in the mood for some dragon-shifter fantasy goodness! Book 2 is out and book 3 will be out soon--for those who worry about that sort of thing (me)--so there's no long wait for a conclusion. ...more
Sakina Carter
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure going into this book but I must say it was so good. If you are a fan of dark paranormal than I highly recommend that you give this book a try.

When reading this book you can actually feel the soul aching pain of the H and h.

The only disappointment is the waiting for the next book..
Julia ❤︎
★ ★ 3 Stars ★ ★

Initial Thoughts

I wasn't really planning on reviewing this book (or writing a long ass review), but after finishing it I couldn't not say something! First things first, Blood Oath is really not as bad as people keep saying. Now the complaints are valid and I share a few of them myself, but that said this book was highly entertaining. However, this stance I'm taking may or may not be highly influenced by the fact that I was assured by Cece (and her review) that book
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
I caved under the pressure! *wails*

I saw this book reviewed by my friend Renatta and she loved it and what with Dragons and the cover and all of that put together it's a no brainer.

Now the thing about series and me is, when I think I'm really gonna get deep in the book and it's part of a series, I always check if it's complete or if it's a stand-alone in a series. I don't do incomplete series even if I have to wait only like a month for the last book.

My suffering is excruciating.

The latter is
Alaina
so many things creeped me out in this book.. but then I fell in loved with some characters. Shipped them to my hearts content. THEN I WAS STABBED IN THE HEART AND NOW I FEEL BETRAYED!

Blood Oath was a pretty good book. In it, you will meet Lord Irrik (basically lord delicious) and Ryn. I loved them together and secretly started shipping them. Okay, if you were reading this book with me.. it wasn't so secretly. What can I say, I loved them and I'm still peeved about this ending!

Ryn is captured by
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
3.5

What a dark book for this genre type. Pretty much the entire book is spent in a dungeon or through forced labor. With a book this dark, there isn't any way it could be fully light at the end, but it was suiting. There a few twists I didn't see coming. The writing style is well done, it's hard to put down and stays interesting. Sometimes it was frustrating since so many meanie-pants were running around. Full review to come.
Jessica
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

This is what good fantasies are all about! I enjoyed this book immensely. Intrigue, earth magic, dragons. The growth of a heroine. Aaaand some romance.

Ryn was so innocent when this journey began. We watch her go through so much. I’m looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds, and how much she we grow. Of course, I’m looking forward to seeing more of our Darkest Drae as well!

sheharzad ⚘ (hiatus galore)
holy crap

i.can't.breathe.

the freaking goddamn flipping cover

oh. my. god. OH MY GOOODD

this. this is my AESTHETIC. holy shit sjhfaqwIFASHFDSHF
Celestine
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and dark storytelling, great characters
I devoured this series pretty quickly. The characters and threads continue through each book, with the goal to end the reign of a terrible dragon emperor. However, each book focuses on a different set of adventures, adds new characters, and delivers skirmishes and battles (mental and otherwise) with usually one or two main villains. The pace is quick, the storytelling is violent and gory, and the romance delivers steam while still in a YA realm. Th
Tracy D.
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark Fantasy Romance

Already familiar with the work of both Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Clare, Blood Oath went beyond my high expectations!

Considering the humble and innocent beginnings for the main protagonist, I wasn't expecting the dark and gritty atmosphere, nor torture as subject material. The horror elements mixed with the potential for romantic entanglements, and the surprising twist at the end, makes Blood Oath an edge-of-your-seat read.

What I enjoyed most was the portrayal of Lord Irrik,
Ashlee » libraryinthecountry
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eeeeeeeeek. I must start the next book. RIGHT MEOW.

😱😱😱
SassyFraz
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, drags
4.5-75 Twisted Drae Stars! [One POV -First Person] (may be spoilers)

Yes! Yes! Yes! These authors know what they are doing. This was a total enraptured and eagerly page turner for me. After so many failed attempts at picking up books that I thought would be high rating... Thinking all is lost. I have found a gem in Blood Oath. Just to be clear here people. The blurb does not do it justice and DOESN'T state how dark this read is. I was really taken by surprise and was not expecting that. So, thank
taveena kade
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AHHHHH!!!! This is soo good!
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Okay ya'll, dark fantasy is kind of my thing now. This book is so deliciously dark. I truly wasn't expecting the extent of the darkness that this book is comprised of. Even if I could pluck the stars from the sky and place them into a glass jar, the light from these countless suns could not even penetrate the darkness in this book. The depthless dark of the universe can't even compare. It is staggering.

I just loved all the little component
TP
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, fantasy, romance
The book Blood Oath by the co-authors Raye Wagner and St. Claire was a disappointment.

The cover is intriguing.
The plot was interesting and had some good twists at the end. Although most were really predictable and simple, some not. But it dragged too much. One can basically say, the story is divided into three parts. We have an introducing part in the beginning. Then the story kinda stops, the middle part, where it endlessly drags on, only consisting about torture and the two main characters bui
Coco.V
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (12/15/2018)!💝

Blurb:

At the very heart reigns our vicious king and Lord Irrik, an invincible dragon shifter, at his side. Their power poisons the land and the people, leading to a steadily mounting number of enemies.

But change is coming.

When the rebellion surges, the king strikes back. Captured by Lord Irrik, I'm suddenly
Hannah ◇ReaderintheRough◇
Cover? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Premise? E.P.I.C.
Story?

It just felt so... sterile. How is that possible with prison, spilled blood, torture!?

If it's your genre, by all means enjoy. But don't let the cover cause your expectations to rise too high.

• Death Game (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #3)
  • Vampire Debt (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #2)
  • Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Wolf Roulette (Werewolf Dens, #3)
  • Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1)
  • Fantasy of Flight (The Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Blood Trial (Supernatural Battle: Vampire Towers #1)
  • Fantasy of Fire (The Tainted Accords, #3)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (The Tainted Accords, #4)
  • Sin (The Tainted Accords, #4.5)
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Olandon (The Tainted Accords #4.6)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Rhone (The Tainted Accords #4.7)
  • This Dark Wolf (Soul Bitten Shifter, #1)
  • Shard (The Tainted Accords #4.8)
  • Reborn (Shadow Beast Shifter, #3)
RAYE WAGNER is the USA Today Bestselling author of young adult fantasy books, but she hates writing bios. She’d much rather tell you a story. She’s partial to fantasy, with dragons or magic or something so she can lie and not feel guilty. She also has an obsession with sweets (all the bakery goodies), nerf wars, wigs, and occasionally tutus.

When she isn’t writing, shenanigating (I’m sure that’s a

Darkest Drae (3 books)
  • Shadow Wings (The Darkest Drae, #2)
  • Black Crown (The Darkest Drae #3)