Start by marking “Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)

Blood Oath

(Darkest Drae #1)

Dark Fantasy. Dragons. Intrigue. Romance.

More than anything, I crave adventure. But in the disease ridden land of Verald, life is mapped out much like the well-established rings of our kingdom.

Published November 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Blood Oath, please sign up.
Tara It’s so much better than a lot of the mainstream YA I’ve read and I’ve read a ton of YA. It’s waaaay deeper and more emotional than I was expecting.…moreIt’s so much better than a lot of the mainstream YA I’ve read and I’ve read a ton of YA. It’s waaaay deeper and more emotional than I was expecting. Such a hidden gem. I would definitely recommend it.(less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
2.5 - 3 Stars

It took me a while to get into this book, which is crazy as it has dragons in it.

And ya'll know how I feel about dragons...

description

I will pretty much read any book that has them in it.
Period.

So you can imagine my excitement when I saw that, not only were they in this book, but that they were a central character focus.

And yet...

description

The beginning of this book trudged along at what was for me the pace of molasses in winter.

There was a lot of torture.

description

Lots of ambiguous "who is actually the mai
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)
I really had no intention of reading this, had no idea it existed until some gals at Reverse Harem Revolution decided to read it. (This is NOT a reverse harem, by the way.) They liked/loved it so much that I decided to try it. So. Glad. I. Did. Having no expectation or any idea what it was about (Amazon had it rated #1 in Teen & Young Adult Politics and Government. Wow, so not accurate, lol). Also, the cover makes you think you might get a little dragon smut, right? Nope. This is YA. But goo ...more
Alex
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Hmmmm.

So I definitely will continue with the series, but this book is a hard 3 and an extra star for the cover.
So many things were wrong with this story, the characters development and growth. The plot and world building and the actual emotional roller coaster it could have been. But the premise and intent was great, just missed on execution.
The MC is ridiculous and impulsive. The naive and immature just got old fast.
Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t hate it. The world building was enough to keep
Holly
Normally when a fantasy-romance book has a 17 year old girl as a main character, I expect it to be kind of light on the torture/deaths front, but man, this book did not hold back. Holy crap. This book was very light (and clean, and a little insta) on the romance front, but dark pretty much with everything else. Some things annoyed me, like the fake news headlines or whatever those were supposed to be that she kept thinking up at random moments. But overall I kept turning the pages, long past whe ...more
-S♡
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4 Stars! Blood Oath ...
An Intense, enthralling, consuming, refreshing and thrilling read that will leave you emotionally invested and wanting more!
“Fire licked where our skin touched, the warmth spreading from where his hand tangled in my hair, sending tendrils of pulsing energy all over until I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.”

Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
In the interest of full disclosure, for the past month I have been oscillating between fever, cold, sinus infection, and right back to being feverish again so I may have actually hallucinated how amazing this book is. However, I can claim that to my addled mind, this book was done really really well despite my skepticism, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Theme Song for Blood Oath: Change by RM and Wale

Blood Oath is about a young woman who has been starving, poor, a
Quinn David
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Darkest Drae is absolutely ridiculous, and not in a good way. Sadly, it reads like a 12 year old writing fanfiction rather then anything worth being published; which sorry to say is probably the reason it's listed on Amazon unlimited rather then by its own merits (Sorry amazon unlimited, there are actually some good authors on there if you can manage to wade through this mess).

Believe it or not by summary alone it has everything I could possibly want in a book. Shape shifting hot dragon men
Hetal
To see this review and more, considering taking a peek at my first in series YA book blog here

Blood Oath is a devastating new release written in tandem by Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Claire. It is a must read for fantasy lovers who are looking for intricate characters, a bit of romance, and plot twists of the most delicious kind.

I was blessed with an ARC of this precious, and not gonna lie, I went in expecting one thing and got something completely different. Not BAD different, just different. I
 Simply Sam ツ
I really liked this. Like way more than I thought I would, for some reason. There's just the right amount of fantasy and humor, blood and romance thrown in. A super quick read if you're in the mood for some dragon-shifter fantasy goodness! Book 2 is out and book 3 will be out soon--for those who worry about that sort of thing (me)--so there's no long wait for a conclusion.
Sakina Carter
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure going into this book but I must say it was so good. If you are a fan of dark paranormal than I highly recommend that you give this book a try.

When reading this book you can actually feel the soul aching pain of the H and h.

The only disappointment is the waiting for the next book..
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨
I caved under the pressure! *wails*

I saw this book reviewed by my friend Renatta and she loved it and what with Dragons and the cover and all of that put together it's a no brainer.

Now the thing about series and me is, when I think I'm really gonna get deep in the book and it's part of a series, I always check if it's complete or if it's a stand-alone in a series. I don't do incomplete series even if I have to wait only like a month for the last book.

My suffering is excruciating.

The latter is
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
3.5

What a dark book for this genre type. Pretty much the entire book is spent in a dungeon or through forced labor. With a book this dark, there isn't any way it could be fully light at the end, but it was suiting. There a few twists I didn't see coming. The writing style is well done, it's hard to put down and stays interesting. Sometimes it was frustrating since so many meanie-pants were running around. Full review to come.
Sheharzad ⚘
Nov 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
holy crap

i.can't.breathe.

the freaking goddamn flipping cover

oh. my. god. OH MY GOOODD

this. this is my AESTHETIC. holy shit sjhfaqwIFASHFDSHF
Alaina
so many things creeped me out in this book.. but then I fell in loved with some characters. Shipped them to my hearts content. THEN I WAS STABBED IN THE HEART AND NOW I FEEL BETRAYED!

Blood Oath was a pretty good book. In it, you will meet Lord Irrik (basically lord delicious) and Ryn. I loved them together and secretly started shipping them. Okay, if you were reading this book with me.. it wasn't so secretly. What can I say, I loved them and I'm still peeved about this ending!

Ryn is captured by
Jessica
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

This is what good fantasies are all about! I enjoyed this book immensely. Intrigue, earth magic, dragons. The growth of a heroine. Aaaand some romance.

Ryn was so innocent when this journey began. We watch her go through so much. I’m looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds, and how much she we grow. Of course, I’m looking forward to seeing more of our Darkest Drae as well!

Ashlee » Library In The Country
Eeeeeeeeek. I must start the next book. RIGHT MEOW.

😱😱😱
Just Josie
FULL HOUSE!

Look I am gonna be honest with you I have never read anything like this.
Who knew dark fantasy was a thing? Why didn’t I know this 😭?? I SHOULD have known this! Okay, okay, back on track, Josie 🤦🏻♀

I was tremendously captivated by this story. The characters were dark, intriguing and so complex.
Ryn was so nice to follow. So strong and kind and her sassy comments were to die for.

The whole idea behind the Drae and Phaetyns are insanely good. I NEED more of these kind of things !

And don
SassyFraz
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, drags
4.5-75 Twisted Drae Stars! [One POV -First Person] (may be spoilers)

Yes! Yes! Yes! These authors know what they are doing. This was a total enraptured and eagerly page turner for me. After so many failed attempts at picking up books that I thought would be high rating... Thinking all is lost. I have found a gem in Blood Oath. Just to be clear here people. The blurb does not do it justice and DOESN'T state how dark this read is. I was really taken by surprise and was not expecting that. So, thank
Celestine
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and dark storytelling, great characters
I devoured this series pretty quickly. The characters and threads continue through each book, with the goal to end the reign of a terrible dragon emperor. However, each book focuses on a different set of adventures, adds new characters, and delivers skirmishes and battles (mental and otherwise) with usually one or two main villains. The pace is quick, the storytelling is violent and gory, and the romance delivers steam while still in a YA realm. Th
taveena kade
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AHHHHH!!!! This is soo good!
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Okay ya'll, dark fantasy is kind of my thing now. This book is so deliciously dark. I truly wasn't expecting the extent of the darkness that this book is comprised of. Even if I could pluck the stars from the sky and place them into a glass jar, the light from these countless suns could not even penetrate the darkness in this book. The depthless dark of the universe can't even compare. It is staggering.

I just loved all the little component
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
Cover? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Premise? E.P.I.C.
Story?

It just felt so... sterile. How is that possible with prison, spilled blood, torture!?

If it's your genre, by all means enjoy. But don't let the cover cause your expectations to rise too high.
Coco.V
Dec 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (12/15/2018)!💝

Blurb:

At the very heart reigns our vicious king and Lord Irrik, an invincible dragon shifter, at his side. Their power poisons the land and the people, leading to a steadily mounting number of enemies.

But change is coming.

When the rebellion surges, the king strikes back. Captured by Lord Irrik, I'm suddenly
Erica Ravenclaw
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
☆☆☆☆

No Spoilers! Definitely colorful language abound!

WOW this book took me by surprise! Slow and a little confusing to start, then turned very dark and I hardly noticed the end was coming till I got to the last page. What issues I had with the character development became less prominent as more of the plot unfolded. This book is filled with torture, malevolent characters, suffering, romance, and dragons.
Renatta❣️ (P33K-A-BOOK--I S33-A-🔥fire-br3athing-👑bitch-Qu33n👑
Ok let me just by saying I decided to get this book ONLY because I saw it was on sale! I’ve never came across it before that but boy am I happy I stumbled across this gem!!!! I loved everything about this book, it was intense and funny!! I’ve red many books with similar plots but this author OWNED this book!! It was so thrilling and fun to read, it was a nice soothing read, nothing too heart wrenching just a nice calm read anyone would enjoy!! I fell in love while reading this book and I enjoyed ...more
Tracy D.
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dark Fantasy Romance

Already familiar with the work of both Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Clare, Blood Oath went beyond my high expectations!

Considering the humble and innocent beginnings for the main protagonist, I wasn't expecting the dark and gritty atmosphere, nor torture as subject material. The horror elements mixed with the potential for romantic entanglements, and the surprising twist at the end, makes Blood Oath an edge-of-your-seat read.

What I enjoyed most was the portrayal of Lord Irrik,
Jumms
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Potential

I wanted to love this book but i just couldn't. I didn't hate it but i didn't love it. If just felt as if the story didn't reach it's full peak. The great thing is that you can't tell it's a collab. My main issue w this book was the main character. She was annoying as hell. She acted first and sometimes thought later. The ending of this book came as no surprise to anyone but her. You figured out what was going on half way through the book. She was tortured and was strong with good inten
Rachel Beamin'
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I am not a big YA genre fan. I like my books with adults, not babies trying to find themselves in the big bad world.

Though, the MC was a bit dramatic with her ”I need my mommy to tuck me in despite me being 17” and the ”I couldn’t put my feet on the ground because Lord Irrik lives under my bed.”, I quite enjoyed this book.

It was different, the realm, the story line, all of it was a new kind of read for me.

The MC might have started out young and scared but by the end, she was strong and ready
  • Fantasy of Fire (Tainted Accords #3)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • Dragon's Rise (Shadow of the Dragon, #3)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
  • Wyrd Blood
  • Into Elurien (Skeleton Key)
  • The Night Realm (Spell Weaver, #1)
  • Breeding Ground
  • PRINCE OF DRAGONS (Orion Series Book 3)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Game of Lies (Messenger Chronicles, #2)
  • Queen of the Shining Sea (Blade and Rose, #4)
  • Sleeping with Monsters (Playing With Monsters, #2)
  • Haunted (The Academy of Spirits and Shadows #2)
  • Smolder (Dragon Souls, #1)
RAYE WAGNER is the USA Today Bestselling author of young adult fantasy books, but she hates writing bios. She’d much rather tell you a story. She’s partial to fantasy, with dragons or magic or something so she can lie and not feel guilty. She also has an obsession with sweets (all the bakery goodies), nerf wars, wigs, and occasionally tutus.

When she isn’t writing, shenanigating (I’m sure that’s a

Darkest Drae (3 books)
  • Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
“He crossed the room to the wardrobe, picked a black aketon from a row of black aketons, and pulled it over his head. It must be so hard for him to decide what to wear each morning .” 8 likes
“Please show her mercy. I’m just the soap queen. I don’t know anything important.” 3 likes