Start by marking “An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC” as Want to Read:
An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC

An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC

(Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy #1-3)

Together in one collection - the first three books in the Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Series.

Arrivals and Arrests

Fenella Woods has only met a few people during the twenty-four hours she's been in Douglas, the capital city of the Isle of Man. She's shocked when she discovers one of them dead in an alley behind her apartment building.

Struggling to adapt to her new life in
Published October 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC

Start your review of An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC
Sherry
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I agree about the excess cat care but what bothered me the most was the ghost. The stories don't need this and make it hard for me to respect them. The central character who keeps finding bodies is also a take off on the bookbinder series. I wish the author would make the isle more central to the stories. That title is what caused me to try these. Doubt if I'll pay to read any more. Free, maybe if only to see if she does either of the above.
Evelyn Grabas
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The stories were good, the characters likable and believable, except for Fenella, who I found annoying. She has become the epitome of an old frump, though she is working out of it. Her relationship with Jack is tantamount to the persona she exudes, which is more a mother than a lover. Can not for the life of me imagine putting up with that man for 10 years. But, she is never going to change if she is going to play advocate mother to a cat. That is only continuing the saga she has created, only ...more
Missy
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wildly different than expected

These three books are really quite good. There's romance, dearh, and missing bodies. The romance is tense and leaves you curious who Mel will choose. The mysteries of the the missing and dead are suspenseful and surprising. But, based on title alone, as this was my first Diana Xarissa read, I thought we'd be looking for ghosts or having ghosts help in the searches. Alas, it is only 1 ghost and while Mona is funny, fiesty, and does help, she only talks to Mel and
Mark
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I normally stick to darker mystery stories, but sometimes change is like cleansing the pallet. What is the opposite of blood and gour? This collection of cute kitty and friends who hang out at a bar with sofas and wall to wall books. The victim is not related or even a friend, easing stress and family drama. Well there is a ghost that is related but she has to stay at home and is like Casper. Add to this a mixture of potential romantic gentlemen who are well mannered, attractive and available?? ...more
Sharon Draffin
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I don't like paranormal literature but this is not it. The premise of having the ghost of one's great aunt as a roommate caught my attention. Solving crimes with said ghost was a novel idea and didn't fail to be enjoyable. I am looking forward to see the continuing romancing of Fenella. Mona, the ghost is a larger than life character and makes me smile. I'm looking forward to reading all the books in the series as well as the rest of her books.
J&S Rosten
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wasn't too sure initiallly

Ghostly mysteries are not the typical genre that I read. I figured I could try it and always stop anytime if I didn't care for it. I was pleasantly surprised with Fenella and her Aunt Mona. Delightful neighbors and a little romance thrown keep it light but interesting. Loved reading about the ISle of Mann as well. Little too much kitty talk, but that's my only complaint.
linda
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really lucky to be offered this book set for free. They are well written cosy mysteries. The books are set in the Isle of Mann. You soon get introduced the main character's who are all completely different. All the books contain a murder but are not graph so you won't be kept awake at might. It is better if your read all three books in order and don't miss one out. I enjoyed the series very much and recommend them.
Phil Ellenberger
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
H. It is a comfortable read Mystery but not mind boggling . RomancDefinitive

This book basically defined what a cozy mystery might be. Mystery but not mind boggling Romance but not salacious.However,one of my favorite things was The unique pub,possibly the most memorable I have ever been made aware.
Virginia P.
Nov 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy read

The characters are nice but I got involved with this series to learn more about the Isle of Man. There is very little description of the island nor it's unique position. The writing style is pedestrian and linear. A perfect fit to read if you want something easy, quick and not challenging.
Sandi Merrigan
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was really well written, entertain, amusing, and a good who-done-it .. loved it/them

I would highly recommend this series to my friends . . well written... entertainng . amusing .. real who-done-it mysteries ...thoroughly enjoyed reading them.
NELL C.
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Reads

These three Isle of Man cozy mysteries are fun to read. The characters are mostly likable and the plots are well developed. I certainly hope Fenella learns to drive a stick shift.
Mike Whitehouse
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy Reading

Three easy reading novels that you can pick up any time that suits without having to think too hard about the storyline , all good mysteries with a little romance thrown in.
Pam
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I made it through the first book. But gave up about a third of the way through the second. Characters are extremely dull. Basically no action. MC is a total ninny, weeping at the drop of a hat and basically a whiny whussy. Most interesting character was the ghost and she was bossy and overbearing. Not my cup of tea.
Bernadette Hutton
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dangerous place

Totally five stars for these three books. Believable characters, even the dumped man in the usa. Being so close to all the action its a wonder Fenella stay but she does and everyone gets stuck in. Love her Aunt Mona
Alayne
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These three books were fabulous and I sped through them in no time at all. My first by this author, they won't be my last. Engaging characters, intriguing plots and lovely descriptions of the Isle of Man all added to the enjoyment.
Eileen Wurden
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed all three of the books I read. It was interesting to learn about the Isle of Man island and the characters were fun. Being a cat lover I especially enjoyed Katie. It is light reading, not 5 star worthy but a solid 4.
Harrietsr
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isle of Mann

Great setting. 3 dimensional characters//even the ghost and cat! Romance and of course an amateur sleuth who helps her love interest, a detective, solve new cases and cold cases.
Wynona R
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very well done highly recommend

I accident my got this first set of books. So glad I have discovered a new author. Her work in this seer is a delight.
Mrs Mary Curd
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great fun, makes me want to visit. Must read the next ones now.
Nancy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I enjoyed the stories but found I was anticipating the next use of 'the man' in a seemingly less than ideal context.
karen wendt
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great fun collection. Mysteries and ghosts.
Jackie Bouvier
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the easy read and a little history.
Clean, not too explicit in romance or gore.
Unfortunately needs some proofreading, quite a few typos.

Bev. Phillips
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
cozy up

This is a great read while getting cozy by the fire. Quirky, funny and totally believable characters. You will get wrapped up in the story and hesitate putting it down.
Angel Graham
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF. Just can't get into it. I tried, but it's so bland and boring.

I was really hoping to enjoy this one.
Michaela M Kelly
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
planning a trip to the Isle of Man after reading these delightful books.
Karen
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Creative stories

Creative stories and characters. Writing style is a little stiff. Still interesting to read and learn about the differences in English culture and US culture.
Linda Hastings
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just started reading the first book.
Donna Morgan
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining trilogy

An entertaining trilogy with a transplanted American, Fenella, to the Isle of Man complete with the ghost of her Aunt Mona, love interests and murder.
L R
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A lovely cosy collection with a nice twist. I adore the crazy ghost playing Sherlock from her domain. And I adore the cats which become stars in their own right through the books. Have to say Fenella is one unlucky lady when it comes to bodies!
Cindy Woods
Dec 21, 2019

• Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Murder in the Manor (An Ella Rose Cozy Mystery—Book 1)
  • Death in the Park (Firefly Junction Mystery #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sweets Shop Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Dead and Butter (Southern Psychic Sisters Mysteries, #1)
  • Never Mess with Mistletoe (Leigh Koslow Mystery #10)
  • Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
  • Up in Smoke (Glock Grannies #1)
  • Paramour Bay Mysteries Books 1-3 (Paramour Bay Mysteries Boxset Book 1)
  • Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
  • Clint Wolf Boxed Set: Books 7 - 9
  • Horror in the Highlands (Reverend Annabelle Dixon Mystery #5)
  • Blackthorn Manor Haunting (Addison Lockhart, #3)
  • Too Cute to Kill (Jake and Emma Mysteries #1)
  • Murder at Mistletoe Manor
  • Poison in Paddington (Cassie Coburn Mystery #1)
  • The Opposite of Dark
Diana has lived in several US states, the north of England and the Isle of Man.

Currently in the US, she misses the stunning scenery, wonderful people and fascinating history that make the Isle of Man so unique.

Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Arrivals and Arrests (Isle of Man Ghostly #1)
  • Boats and Bad Guys (Isle of Man Ghostly #2)
  • Cars and Cold Cases (Isle of Man Ghostly #3)
  • Dogs and Danger (Isle of Man Ghostly #4)
  • Encounters and Enemies (Isle of Man Ghostly #5)
  • Friends and Frauds (Isle of Man Ghostly #6)
  • Guests and Guilt (Isle of Man Ghostly #7)
  • Hop-tu-Naa and Homicide (Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy #8)
  • Invitations and Investigations (Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy #9)
  • Joy and Jealousy (Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy #10)
“If he were expecting some sort of quid pro quo for this, you’d already know about it.” 0 likes