Start by marking “Blue Hope (Red Hope, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue Hope (Red Hope, #2)

Blue Hope

(Red Hope #2)

Four brave astronauts left home to be the first humans on Mars. What didn't come back will haunt life on Earth forever. Follow the adventure as disaster triggers the greatest treasure hunt in history - spanning the globe and beyond. The prize is nothing short of humanity's very survival.
Published October 16th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Blue Hope, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
John
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Blue Hope (Red Hope, #2)
Lorrie Hook
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MORE!!! I need more HOPE!

Love this two book series and highly recommend reading them! My only complaint is I want more! It's more than a sci-fi series, it's a heart felt story of our humanity!
Cheryl
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I don’t have a whole lot of wonderful things to say about this book so it may surprise you that I am giving it 3*/5. It is a good/ok book, easy enough to read (no science needed) with some exciting parts to it. But there is also a fair amount wrong with it…

To start with a very frustrating beginning as it repeats the end of the first book, you can’t really skip through it though as there are a few snippets of new information in there, the result is you get to about 30% of the way through the book
David
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Red Hope (Book 1) was a very interesting and gripping science fiction book. Blue Hope (Book 2) was a huge improvement over Book 1, and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat as the characters move from challenge to challenge, overcoming a wide range of difficulties. We see the main character challenged at home, trying to provide for his family and starting to wonder about his self-identity. This story takes the reader from Earth, to the moon and encounters a number of complications. The writ ...more
John Zantjer
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
awesome book! great finish to the two book series, however, I think that there is room for a third book (nudge, nudge to John Dreese...)
John W McKinney
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Good ending to the story

Really enjoyed both books. Although this was meant as the end, I can see a possible third book. Still more story to tell!
Don Pedicini Jr.
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite book.

TRULY this is one of the best series I have read in the past 5 years. ADAM the main character is a very well written character and this story picks up where the last book left off. If you enjoed The Martian or Red Planet you will love this book. This book is as good as The Martian. I can see this easily being adapted for a motion picture. A SYFY channel movie would not do it justice. The plot flows just right with no lags in it at all. The plot also is not too far fetched. I
Richard W. McCuistian
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love John's knowledge of rocket science and real space travel, and his imagination is very rich. Red Hope and Blue Hope fit together very well, and the plotlines are of the well-paced, interesting, page-turning variety. Probably one of the best things I like about John's books is the fact that, unlike so many other fiction authors nowadays, John steers clear of foul language and other such objectionable material. These books are a good read for anybody who wants a relaxing read. Once again, go ...more
Kimberly Gawne
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best science fiction I have read in ages. Both original and believable!

Thank you Mr. Dreese. You have reinspired my interest in the genre. Hope the next book is in the works. I look forward to enjoying your imagination in the future.
Gail Adams
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling! Exciting! Perfect ending for book two.

I liked that this book didn't stray from the small amount of characters, it had the right amount of characters .
Jason
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
If only Mystery Science Theater 3000 could comment on books...

I should have known what I was getting into from reading Red Hope but this was twice as long and twice as poorly written. Again, I give Dreese credit for following his vision and writing two books that, at the very least, move along fairly quickly. His love of writing and of his story really does shine through on the pages. But this book really needed an editor. It's way too long with unnecessary information and the dialogue is so awf
John
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining, with a lot of surprising twists, turns and character tension. I appreciate an author that can make the tough decisions and know's when it's good to end a character ... or not. I loved the ending, but agree with others that there could be more to this story in the mind of the author. ;-)

Note, that I occasionally highlight any questionable editing that I see when I read books. I'm not an editor, but I know when something looks funky.

This was a great, and actually surprising foll
Jenny
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and finished it in 2 days. Loved following the characters, and seeing how they change (not giving any spoilers). Felt like a wild adventure ride for the second half of the book - which was fun.
unknown
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A winner on both

Read both books back to back. Could not stop. Mr. Dreese is going to go far. And I will read anything he comes up with in the future. Imagine a ten star rating instead of just five. I recommend both books highly.
Dixie Petersen
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enjoyed-it
An excellent follow up to Book one!

Do you enjoy thrillers? Like suspense? Vivid scenes and action? How about fascinating ideas and great execution of it all? Well, I believe you best read Red Hope and Blue Hope! Terrifically entertaining!
Sherry Mickens
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five Star for first series!

Absolutely fascinating! It is a totally believable story that I couldn't put down until I finished it. Hard to believe he is a new author.
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
4.5 stars...I hope there's going to be another book to this series!
Victoria
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved these books!! I couldn’t put down Blue Hope; I had to know what happened. Truly glad Dreese decided to make this a 2 part story - I anxiously await his next wonderful story!
Liz Bass
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Even better than the first book. Looking forward to another book by John Dreese.
Arlene M. D. Johnson
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blue Hope. A space travelers unlikely adventure

An extremely complex series of events in the life of the central character Capt. Adam Alston was brilliant ly pieced together in a long, linear chain which made this tale extremely readable and almost impossible to put down. A stand alone story not requiring the reading of "Red Hope" but it wouldn't hurt the understanding of this story.
Elizabeth Bone
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was some delivery!

What a wild ride! Sure, I had to suspend disbelief in places, but it was still exciting. I got pretty aggravated at Adam for a while, but he mostly redeemed himself. Too bad Chris comes a close second to the President Jennings as an awful person. And now I'm SO HUNGRY for some ice cream.
NormaCenva
This book was such a disappointment & a waist of a full audio-book price! I did not buy it to know about the Earth bound shenanigans, I have had no connection to them in book 1, I was there to hear about the characters from the Mars mission! Really pissed off angry at the moment. A total an utter let down! ...more
David Rose
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, sf, aliens
While my objections to the first volume still apply (somewhat artificial characters and choices), the fresh, clean writing style, nicely done SF, and a more entertaining story result in a better sequel than the original. Enough of an improvement over the first volume to get 3.5 > 4 stars on GR. ...more
Michelle Taylor
Dec 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
I wish goodreads had a DNF option.

I struggled through book one even though it was pretty clunky. I thought there was enough intrigue to justify reading book two, but it is terrible.
Lucas Spangler
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

The author does a great Jon of building out the world from the first book. I was skeptical of where the plot would go and it ended up being great.
Catalina  OC
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Yesssss. A followup that didn't disappoint!

Yesssss. A followup that didn't disappoint!

Tiny spoiler...

Adam makes it home alive! He doesn't feel like a hero and riddled with guilt. All the things had to do to make it back to his family.

While the earth is in shambles from nuclear fallout, Adam's fame and money has changed him. Missing out on what is in front of him, his family.

NASA find out that the Martians have left a lab on earth. In a race with time, the planet needs the cure for cancer; that
bryan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I enjoyed red hope and was pleased the follow on was just as good .I recommend it.more please john!!! Amazing!
Kay Smillie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent sequel, which also works as a standalone novel, with unexpected twists and the storyline rarely slows down. Without giving too much away what was found on Mars in Red Hope has given mankind hope of a better future. Are we descended from Martians? Read it and find out.

Ray Smillie
Ryu Kusakari
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Book

This is an amazing two-story series about the adventures to mars and the martians. Please consider reading this because it is one of the best series I have ever read!!!!!
Sheridance321
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Starts a little slow but becomes very riveting

I couldn’t put this down after I was through the first third of the book. Really good job at pacing events out.
Jeff Cole
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

Cliffhangers galore! Hoping for a "moon expedition" book 3. How can there not be? Excellent story and the characters were well defined.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Cloud
  • The Event (The Survivors, #1)
  • Not Alone: Second Contact
  • Jezero City (Colony Mars #4)
  • Another World
  • Mission One
  • Final Days (Final Days #1)
  • Colony Three Mars (Colony Mars #3)
  • Transport 3: The Zone
  • Colony One Mars (Colony Mars #1)
  • The Triton Disaster
  • New Threat (The Survivors, #2)
  • Colony Two Mars (Colony Mars #2)
  • Paradox - On the Brink of Eternity
  • Transport 2: The Flood
  • Paradox 2 - Beyond Eternity
  • Extinction Code
  • Quantum Void (Quantum, #2)

Red Hope (2 books)