Start by marking “Ice Kingdom (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ice Kingdom (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #3)

Ice Kingdom

(Mermaids of Eriana Kwai #3)

The final adventure in the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai trilogy …

Meela and Lysi have unleashed Sisiutl, legendary two-headed serpent of the Pacific Northwest. It was supposed to be an ally that would help them win the war. Instead, it has fallen under the control of King Adaro, ruler of the Pacific Ocean. If Meela and Lysi can’t stop him, Adaro will use the deadly serpent to ri
Published December 11th 2017 by Rogue Cannon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ice Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Kingdom

lov2laf
This is the third and final book in the "Mermaids of Eriana Kwai" series and should be read in order. This is not a standalone.

"Ice Kingdom" picks up right after the events of book two. The dark-hearted merman, King Adaro, has the most indestructible and powerful weapon at his command and is wreaking havoc on the mermaid and human world alike. It's up to Meela and Lysi to stop him.

From the first page onwards, the book hits the ground running and doesn't let up until the final few pages. If you'r
Steph
I don't have words right now, but I LOVED THIS TRILOGY!
Diana
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: discarded-shelf
I loved the first one and the second one, but with this one I felt we were just changing places and people but not teally moving forward with the story. I stopped reading at 70%. Maybe I' ll pick it up again sometime. Who knows.
Anthony ➳ KeepReadingForward ➳
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
4/5
Date Reviewed:
2 January 2018
This Review was first posted on Keep Reading Forward. If you want to see more, check out our other locations as well as here.

I was beyond happy when this book was finally announced. I have been waiting for a while for this book to be released. Although I took a bit longer than I wanted to begin the book, the wait was absolutely worth it. This was the best way to end a series.

When you really think how should a series end, you think what should happen and what shoul
Karen
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
4.5/5 I’m crYING 😭 I got so attached to this series in such a short amount of time. This book moved a lot slower than the first two, but it did pick up the pace around halfway through. The ending didn’t really satisfy me how I wanted it to. I wanted to see Lysi and Meela’s 10 years later but instead we got to see someone else’s.
“Now I understand that sometimes you cannot protect your loved ones, no matter how hard you try. Life and death happen, and it is out of our control.”

Meela, up until ne
mahana ❀
representation wlw mc's, f/f romance, pacific islander mc

WHERE was my lysi and meela married with kids epilogue? i would like to see it.
Crazy4Books
In the first book Ice Massacre, the supplies on the island of Eriana Kwai have been depleting for years and with the deadly mermaids keeping them from fishing and trading the inhabitants only solution is to send out a crew of trained sailors every year who can kill off enough mermaids to make the sea safe again. This year they are sending an all female crew in the hopes that without the lure of the siren call they will be more successful than their male predecessors.

Metlaas flaws were a lot more
Hollow Well
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, you’ve read the first two of this series. C’mon. You’re going to read this one too. So, stop looking this review and just do it.

Meela is now a mermaid. She and Lysi must do whatever they can to kill Merman King Adaro and reclaim control of Sisiutl, the two headed leviathan that houses the soul of Eriana. Meanwhile, King Adaro is exploiting the underclass to help lay waste to every coastal area within the Pacific rim.

There was something that was so brutal-yet-lovable about the first novel tha
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
For anyone interested my book club are reading this together on release date

join us here https://discord.gg/KwKDD2e
Alice
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, fantasy
This trilogy has an incredible ability to provide an ending so emotional and beautiful that it makes me forget every single flaw that I previously encountered in the book. This has happened with all three books in the series and it was most noticeable in this one because this is the one where I found most flaws. So obviously, I really loved this book as well as the previous two, but I'm bumping it down to 4 stars instead of 5 because while I was super emotional and teary eyed at the end, I had e ...more
BadassCmd
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Writing an ending for a book is one thing. But ending a series seems to be an immense task.
I've always loved series and to have the opportunity to follow characters I loved through more of their lives than one book can offer. And I've read a lot of series, but to be honest, I can't come up with even a handful longer series where I really liked the ending.
I get how hard it is to finish big projects like that both satisfyingly and at the same time realistically for whatever situation they deal wi
Devann
This was a decent enough end to this series, but I still can't help but think the entire thing could have been much more involved and in-depth. The relationship between the main characters was cute, but the rest of the plot felt kind of sketchy and also like it maybe should have been a single book and was very stretched out. There was also some background revealed about Adaro in this book that I think should have probably been revealed sooner and focused on more. I mean obviously nothing about h ...more
Linh Nguyen
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great ending to a great series, one of my favorites of all time! I am amazed at how Warner describes the emotional turmoil of her characters, especially Mila. Everything wraps up nicely in the end. I will forever keep Mila and Lysi and their magical world beyond the sea in my heart...
Franz
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This entire series was such a wild ride. The character and plot development is something so subtle, you look back at the first book and wonder how this series ended like it did.

Am I crying over the last two chapters? Yeah. The ending is so bittersweet and beautiful.
Martina Dominique
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my least favourite book in the trilogy, which was extra disappointing because I had been so excited to read it. While technically stuff did Happen, the pacing fell into a pattern that felt incredibly tedious, so most of the book felt very slow and boring for me:
There’s travelling through the ocean. And Meela and Lysi are captured. They escape. And travelling. And they meet some people and talk, but we don’t actually learn anything interesting. And travelling. Then captured. And they’re
marta
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
i feel like if i wasn't so attached to the characters i would've dnf-ed it but i decided to keep going just for lysi and meela. it was worth it in the end because the last 20% were so interesting and fast paced, although i still can't give this book more than 3 stars. (view spoiler)
Dakota★Magic in Every Book
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing and I cried and I would pay all the money for a short story about Meela and Lysi getting married or adopting a merbaby
Bhumika Hada
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wish the novel would never end!!!
Jay
This was a FANTASTIC end to this amazing trilogy!! I absolutely loved every second of it. It's such a fast paced novel, with so much action, yet it still manages to have sweet and calm moments. I loved everything about this, and I'm so sad that Meena and Lysi's story is over.
Janine Rawnsley
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is more of an action series with the occasional light brush of romance (the main characters are LGBT - w|w), so anyone looking for a slow burn that culminates into romantic action will not get their fix here. However, the non-romantic action (and there's a lot of it) is very well written. There are many interesting characters, usually well fleshed out.

It can be a dark world, violent, aggressive. I enjoyed the fact that the story was at times quite graphic (in terms of violence), though thi
Kim Dyer
Although I really enjoyed the first two instalments of this trilogy, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by this finale. My biggest issue was that the plot just seemed to be too stretched out to warrant a full novel. Even though Ice Crypt ended on a particularly exciting note, this novel was slow burning and just seemed to meander. The sense of rebellion is mostly gone and the book just really follows Meela and Lysi as they travel between oceans, until the plot finally catches up with th ...more
Emily
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ever since I found the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai series a couple of years ago, I've been an avid and staunch follower of the trilogy. It holds a huge piece of my heart. I'm sad to see it go, but Ice Kingdom is a decent finale in which everyone, for the most part, got their happily ever after with a very fitting ending.

I've always considered the trilogy to be a fast paced, feel good series that doesn't skimp out on the heart palpitating parts and has a great balance of mythology, storytelling, rel
Mark Gardner
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I saw on Twitter that the third Mermaids of Eriana Kwai had released, so I asked the author for a copy to read and review. The quality of writing from the first two books continued in Ice Kingdom.
The Good: Meela really pushed the story. She made decisions, and she lived with the consequences. Ice Kingdom, like Ice Crypt, was so compelling, that I had to finish reading it in one sitting.
The Bad: When a totalitarian regime is portrayed in literature, we come to expect certain things. We want to kn
emily
ohhh, i don't know how to properly explain my love for this trilogy. i think the best compliment that i can offer, is that i've never been more grateful that 10 year old me will get to grow up to read this one day. (i mean, i'm an adult now and i already read it... etc. but it's a metaphor or whatever, you get what i'm saying).

10 year old me loved mermaids. so does 28 year old me. but neither of us ever thought we'd get to read a story about two mermaids falling in love and having an adventure.
laura
May 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
i'm not sure how to rate this. 3 stars feels like too much, as it was the rating i gave the second book. this is definitely my least favorite from the trilogy and i can see that the majority agrees with me. if i didn't like meela and lysi so much, i wouldn't have pushed through this.

this was (and i say this with pain in my heart) extremely boring. i read and read and read and felt like i was getting nowhere. my two girls, who finally found each other and got together, barely had time to talk th
Taylor Weasley
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I believe that this is a satisfying conclusion to the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai series. It is closer to Ice Crypt than Ice Massacre in terms of tonality and pacing, but overall I deeply appreciated the character development that evolved throughout this book with Lysi and Meela – especially with the latter. There were certainly some surprises and shocks throughout that drew me in, and then the last quarter or so propelled itself beautifully.

Overall, I am immensely glad that I picked up the Mermaid
CK
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Neptune
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is kind of a 3.5 star read for me, rounded up to four because yay mermaid adventures! Definitely a fun conclusion to this trilogy, with great expansion in the underwater world-building and lots of high-stakes action. I loved Meela and Lysi being together as mermaids, but I have to admit that I was really hoping for way more romance! I kept wanting the two of them to have more sweet/tender moments than the few they did, although the story was consistently engaging.

What's more, I'm having a

• The Red Files
  • Twilight
  • Beyond the Trail
  • Finding the Grain
  • The Crown of Valencia (Kate Vincent Adventures, #2)
  • Beanstalk: the Adventures of a Jack of All Tales (Leagues and Legends, #1)
  • After the Fall
  • Channel Zero
  • Without a Front: The Warrior’s Challenge (Chronicles of Alsea #3)
  • Broken Faith
  • Survival Instincts
  • Courtship
  • Whitewater Rendezvous
  • Pennance
  • Fabulous Beasts
  • Moon Child (Prequel to By Blood)
  • Grace Falls
  • In a Heartbeat (L.A. Metro, #2)
Tiana Warner is the best selling author of the Mermaids of Eriana Kwai trilogy. Her books have been acclaimed by Writer’s Digest, Foreword Reviews, and the Dante Rossetti Awards. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of British Columbia. Tiana enjoys riding her horse, Bailey, and is an active supporter of animal welfare.

tianawarner.com
Twitter
Facebook

Acclaim fo

Mermaids of Eriana Kwai (3 books)
  • Ice Massacre (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #1)
  • Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2)
“First of all, never call a mermaid a fish unless you’re trying to insult her” 3 likes
“I took Lysi’s hand, deciding that as long as we had each other, we would be all right.” 1 likes