Start by marking “Wicked Haunted: An Anthology by the New England Horror Writers” as Want to Read:
Wicked Haunted: An Anthology by the New England Horror Writers

Wicked Haunted: An Anthology by the New England Horror Writers

Ghost stories, from local myths to full blown horror shows, have been spun around campfires since the dawn of man, passed from generation to generation for edification or simply to frighten and thrill. They lead us along dark side roads, into murky swamps and abandoned houses. Ghost stories bring us face-to-face with the farmer harboring secret graves behind his barn, the ...more
Published October 15th 2017 by NEHW Press (first published October 11th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Haunted

Frank Errington
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review copy

I am happy to report that there is not a bad story in this entire anthology. Sure, some are better than others, but each original story has its own unique twist to the ghost story trope.

It's been a long time since I've read a good ghost story and this collection has filled that void nicely.

Knock, Knock Artwork by Kali Moulton - One of a few selected art pieces to accompany the stories in this collection.

The Thing With No Face by Peter N. Dudar - A wonderful start to this anthology of
Autumn Is Azathoth
Review of WICKED HAUNTED Anthology by New England Horror Writers

New England Horror Writers covers the state's of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. Here in 23 tales (and 3 drawings) are a wide-ranging selection sure to provoke many emotions. Some scared me, some REALLY scared me, others elicited grief and "If only!" and some warmed my heart. I did not read in order, and my list below reflects that.

"Everything Smells Like Smoke Again" by Curtis M. Lawson.
April Wood
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Wicked Haunted, an anthology of the New England Horror Writers, is a collection of ghost tales ranging from bone-chilling to downright macabre. From nightmares that pass from dream into reality, specters of young lost boys looking for their way, vengeful spirits, to haunting illustrations and so much more, this anthology has it all.

I enjoyed all of the stories, but if I had to choose a favorite it would be Peter N. Dudar’s The Thing with No Face, followed by Larissa Glasser’s The Mouse. The anth
Autumn Chadwick
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the New England Horror Writers for the digital copy of this book! I loved it and I need to buy a copy to have on my bookshelf! This collection is excellent! There is a little bit of something for everyone. This book definitely has a "Scary Stories" for adults kind of feel. Great for when you have just a few minutes and want to sneak in a little scare; also great to sit and read straight through.
Emma
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It's a privilege to be in this anthology with all these great stories!
jorge r fernandez
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good ghost anthology

A fun collection of ghost stories. A majority of them had a very sad ending to them. Still worth every buck on this book.
Robert
Oct 24, 2018
Stephanie Rabig
Dec 20, 2017
Morgan Sylvia
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rae Rae
Feb 18, 2019
Josh Towzey
Oct 31, 2018
Katherine Boisvert
Jul 28, 2018
R.C. Mulhare
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael Upstill