Start by marking “Christmas Secrets” as Want to Read:
Christmas Secrets

Christmas Secrets

Holly has two Christmas wishes this year; finally earn her mother's approval by gaining the notice of a handsome earl with an impeccable reputation, and learn the identity of the stranger who gave her a heart-shattering kiss...even if that stranger is the resident Christmas ghost.
Published November 9th 2017 by Mirror Lake Press LLC (first published November 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Secrets

Start your review of Christmas Secrets
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I loved this wintery holiday romance! I felt like there were three facets to the story that resonated with me- the romance, the holiday traditions, and the family dynamics. It was enjoyable getting to know the characters, their flaws and strengths, and how they interacted with each other. Holly's sister teases her but as the story progresses she shows more depth of character as she helps Holly. Her mother is a difficult person- hard to please and motives woven with selfishness and maternal devot ...more
Kathy
This was a charming Christmas Regency. I loved the cozy, wintery setting with enough Holiday touches to get me in the Christmassy mood. I thought it had a fun plot and likable characters. I always enjoy Ms. Hatch’s books and am always impressed with her storytelling. I felt transported back in time and loved the fun old Christmas traditions that were woven into the story. Holly was a likable heroine, very much trying to pleas her mother and be a proper young lady. I loved the moments though when ...more
Katie W
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love a good story that starts out with a bang and boy does this one ever! Holly decided to innocently watch for the supposed ghost that appears at her brother-in-law's house each year, but she ends up with a mystery kiss that even curled my toes. I think I was almost as caught off guard as she was.

The flirtatious characters plays a very nice game of round robin, as the different individuals fall in and out of love at an alarming rate. However, once a firm and forbidden attraction is formed, th
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This was the perfect "after Thanksgiving, getting in the mood for Christmas" book to read this weekend! This regency romance started things off just right with a Christmas kiss by a mysterious stranger. I love when books start right off with the kissing! ha. Holly receives the kiss in the dark and has no idea who her mysterious stranger is but she cannot forget that kiss.

Holly has been under her mother's thumb for so long, always abiding by her wishes. It was awesome to see Holly stand up for h
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
I can always count on Donna Hatch to weave a delightful tale with vivid characters and swoony kisses. Christmas Secrets does not disappoint.

Holly & Will have some great chemistry but their characters go much deeper than that too. Holly has to deal with a host of family expectations, particularly from her mother. Will is fighting to prove he really is a redeemed rogue. Not only is he a rogue-gone-good, he’s now a vicar … so his whole livelihood depends on his redemption being true and lasting. A
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
The mystery begins for Holly when her first kiss is "stolen" by an unknown entity. She listened to a ghost story and decided to wait for the ghost to appear to her. Imagine her surprise when she was thoroughly kissed instead. Was it the ghost or a mystery man?

This story has quite the cast of characters. The flighty young miss who flirts shamelessly with everyone, the domineering mother, the sought after nobility, the beloved grandfather, the vicar, and the sweet young woman. Each of them has an
Pamela
I loved this Christmas Season romance. It had plenty of holiday spirit, and charm. I also loved the two main characters, Holly, and William. They meet at a Christmas gathering, at a manor. The hosts are good friends to Will, and related to Holly. Holly' s mother would put Elizabeth Bennet' s mother to shame, in Pride and Predjudice. She had married all of her children, to high ranking titles, of the Ton. Her last daughter is to marry a Lord, or a duke. She is most determined. Holly, instead is a ...more
Amy Koster
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, regency
Donna Hatch has become one of my favorite authors. I find her books fun, enjoyable and swoon worthy. Christmas Secrets did not disappoint! What better story than a rogue-turned-vicar, an innocent young woman trying to please her mother, and a ghost?

Holly is such a enjoyable character. I found myself smiling at her humor and antics. I felt sad she felt pressured into obeying her strict mother who stifled her freedom.

I found myself laughing watching Holly try to solve the mystery of the Christmas
Suzie Waltner
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
It started with a kiss. One that left an impression on Holly Gray. The only problem is she doesn’t know who gave her such a wonderful kiss.
With stories of ghosts and every guest at the Christmas celebration accounted for, Holly can’t quite convince herself that it wasn’t a spirit who had indeed kissed her.
Filled with delightful holiday traditions, growing attraction between Holly and one of the guests, a mother set on a desirable match for her daughter, and a few heart-melting kisses, this nove
Wanda Luce
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming, magical, romantic, and an absolutely all around wonderful story! I loved curling up in a blanket in my favorite big, cushioned chair and drifting off into this story. In fact, I read it more than once and enjoyed it even more the second time. The hero is the perfect combination of bad boy and saint, and the heroine is warm-hearted and passionate. I found myself transported back in time to the sights, sounds, and smells of an old-fashioned, Regency Era Christmas.
Elizabeth "Liza"
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and very sweet. I loved both Will and Holly and specially how they were able to be themselves with each other.
Karen Tuttle
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok read

I normally love everything Donna Hatch writes. I did love the premise of the story. Actually there was only one aspect that was irritating and almost caused me to not finish. For such a put together sort of girl she was certainly wish washy and fluttery about the kiss. Instead of filling out the various personalities with interaction and background, way too much time was spent on the kiss. It was very repetitive and became annoying. I liked the story and especially Will. I probably would
Christmas Secrets, a Regency-Era Romance by Donna Hatch, is a heart-warming historical fiction about family and forgiveness. The Christmas house party drama plays out like a well-staged romantic comedy, filled with misunderstandings and one very lovely ghost.

There are plenty of shades of Jane Austen to satisfy fans of the genre. Will Berry is as worthy a hero as any Knightly with the gravitas of Darcy. As the youngest child in my family, I connected with Holly's struggle to be the perfect daugh
MJSH
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed novellas by Donna Hatch in the past but this is the first full-length novel I’ve read by the author. So good! The author really knows how to create a deliciously enticing setting in Regency England with deeply layered and endearing characters. The entire book takes place within a fortnight at a Christmas house party, which doesn’t sound all that exciting at first, but excitement and secrets follow quickly as the story begins. Anyone who enjoys sweet Regency romance will enjoy this b ...more
Shash
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beginning! A toe-curling kiss from a mystery man…or was it a ghost? And I loved the story from that moment on. Holly is vivacious, passionate, and beautiful – inside and out. Will is kind and generous and has a bit of a roguish edge. I loved how comfortable Holly felt with him, how she could just be herself. I loved them both, and was rooting for them the whole time. One of the biggest stumbling blocks to their relationship was Holly’s mother. She was overpowering, and so harsh! I was gra ...more
⭐Richelle
What a fun regency Christmas romance. I won't give any spoilers, but Holly' s "ghost", I absolutely LOVE him!!! Her mother makes me want to cringe with how she treats Holly, and I feel so bad for her because in her mind she won't get any acceptance or love from her mother unless she acts perfectly and makes a perfect match.....with a titled Lord. She tries so hard to please her mother, but her heart has other ideas.
CONTENT Romance sweet and clean. A proper romance ☺
Violence none, language none.
Shannan
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet, clean, and charming holiday Regency story. I loved among other things that it's a holiday book in which the starring sisters are Holly and Ivy.

I love a good ghost story and that's how Grandfather got the book started. The mistaken identity of Will thinking Holly was another young lady, that young lady turning out to be quite the lightskirt, and all the ensuing chaos was amusing.

Quite an enjoyable read and it was a wonderful way to spend an inclement afternoon. I hope the author makes
Silverscarf
I love Donna Hatch's books, she is one of my favorite regency authors and even has a coveted spot on my very short auto buy list. This was another really enjoyable story, the characters were, like always, realistic and lovable. The plot was unique and fun and I loved all of it. Overall while this was not my favorite of hers, that's quite a lot of competition, it was a great historical romance and I completely recommend it.
Cathy Cermele
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things about reading is finding new to me authors. I find that I like this authors style of writing very much.
This is a Regency romance that starts with a kiss and will make you want to keep reading to find out what happens to Holly and the rest of the characters in this short and sweet story. The story wouldn’t be complete without an overbearing mother which is expected during this era,
I received a free e-copy and have given an honest opinion.
Nari
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It started out with a sizzling kiss. Holly is wondering if all kisses are like that or if it has to do with the mystery man or ghost. Will can't seem to forget the kiss and every time he is near Holly he likes her more and more. Holly's mother is pushing her towards a titled lord. What will Holly do when she finds out her mystery man is Will? Will Holly's mother ever allow the match?
Andrea Smith
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read for the Holidays

I read this book for Christmas and it set a wonderful tone for the holiday season. I liked reading about the things they did to celebrate Christmas. It really gave the story an “Old Time Christmas” feel. I liked the chemistry between the main characters and felt like their conflicts were real. Loved this sweet romance!
Kim Power
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

A gentle, beguiling romance replete with pushy mamas and cool lords. Nary a mystery in sight, and no explicit sexual content, rather a tender story of young Love and learning what commitment means. I was completely engaged by the characters.
Donna Campbell
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

This was a sweet story with great characters. We can't always know who we will fall in love with. The kisses were really sweet and I loved the ending. This was a sweet, clean romance.
Shana
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The secret is romance is enhanced during Christmas.

Such a lovely story intwined with Christmas traditions and family. The characters wanted to have both just as most of us yearn for during the holiday season.
Bookconfessions
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Donna Hatch is an expert at swoon worthy moments. This book is no exception. The story is so fun and her enchanting characters make it come to life.

Kristy Rice
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Sweet romance low on plot

A well-written, sweet romance but rather disappointing after reading Ms Hatch’s other works first. They had such great plots, whereas this one very simple and rather silly. I enjoyed it ok, but much prefer her other books.
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Christmas romance with swoon worthy moments;)
Nancy L. Sullivan
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

This was a beautiful, sweet and hay story. I loved the Christmas traditions and use of customs and carols of the Regency. A lovely Christmas love story.
Linda
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was okay. It needed better editing-there were a lot of mistakes. Predictable.
Pat
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming, fun, romantic Christmas romance with a reformed rogue of a vicar and a mysterious, unexpected and monumental ‘secret’ kiss upon which this charming story is built.

• My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
  • The Lady and the Gent (London League, #1)
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • His Bluestocking Bride  (Branches of Love #3)
  • A Duke for Lady Eve (Belles of Christmas, #5)
  • Seeing Miss Heartstone
  • The Spinster and I (The Spinster Chronicles, #2)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • A Provision for Love (Entangled Inheritance #1)
  • The Earl's Mistletoe Match (Belles of Christmas, #3)
  • Penny's Yuletide Wish  (Branches of Love #7)
  • Duke of Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #1)
  • Miss Devon's Choice (Branches of Love #5)
  • The Earl and His Lady (Branches of Love #4)
  • The Merry Lives of Spinsters (The Spinster Chronicles, #1)
  • An American In Duke's Clothing (Unlikely Match, #1)
Multi-award-winning author of more than twenty best-selling Regency Historical Romances, Donna Hatch is a hopeful romantic and an adventurer at heart. Each book she writes is filled with wit and heart and plenty of swoon-worthy romance. Donna sings, plays the harp, and loves to ballroom dance. Her family, including six children and two cats, recently left their native Arizona for the Pacific coast ...more