Start by marking “The Truth About Melissa: A Soul Mate Experiment” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Melissa: A Soul Mate Experiment

The Truth About Melissa: A Soul Mate Experiment

When challenged by his family to create his ideal soul mate, Jonathan becomes consumed with the process of composing her life story. He writes letters to her and even the replies. He imagines her in every detail. She is his soul mate; she is his Melissa.

Years later, frustrated his fictional woman has not come into his life, he writes Melissa one last letter – the breakup.
Published October 28th 2017 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Melissa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Melissa

Start your review of The Truth About Melissa: A Soul Mate Experiment
Dorothy Bennett
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Mayme Corbit has accomplished what it is very difficult for a beginning writer to do: capture a personal story, a memoir, and present it in a way that reads like delightful fiction, with an engaging story, fascinating characters, drama and comedy all rolled into one. The story involves some real people, besides Lisa herself, including Jonathan Bach, wannabe writer, and son of Richard Bach, the famed author of JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL, which a few decades ago became a worldwide ...more
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Lisa Mayme Corbit for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.
When I heard about The Truth About Melissa A Soulmate Experiment by Lisa Mayme Corbit I was incredibly intrigued by this unique story line I just knew I had to read it. I am drawn to authors who think outside of the box for stories. Who wouldn’t want to create their own perfect soulmate?! Just by the prologue I was captivated by this book!

I really liked the cover of this book. The background
AJ
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author took an experience and told it in a way that was relate-able (even though I've never experienced the scenario in the book). I don't know the author, have never met her. I have a nostalgic familiarity with Richard Bach's "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". The story centers around the relationship between Jonathan Bach, and Lisa and how they met and developed a relationship. The author drew me in with the story.
It's also set in Seattle which is south of where I grew up.

I don't know how to
Theresa Wade
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is unlike any book have read lately. You get suck into the story and wish you had more time to keep on reading and finish it. The author did a great job with building the characters through the story. I too was like the book where Lisa wanted to find out parts of Johnathon's story was true versus exaggerated. I felt sad that on how the story ended but they don't always end on a good note. Excellent book.
Deborah Lane
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Memoir, fictionalized, of socially awkward young man, with literate father, struggling to find a woman, a socially perfect woman. Enter Lisa. This a well written, layered, story, with crafted characterizations of real people behaving like well, humans! I was charmed, and look forward to more. I recommend this very well written book.
Sheena
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Book. It Was The First Time I Have Read Anything By This Author.
Sue Williams
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lisa meets Jonathan, a socially awkward, clumsy, geek and it wasn't love at first sight for either of them. Lisa is recovering from a breakup and Jonathan's love life doesn't exist. One of Jonathan's brothers and his father, the author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, are tired of Jonathan whining about his social life so they suggest a project to keep him busy and out of their hair for awhile. They suggest he create a fantasy girlfriend. His perfect mate. He goes ...more
Beth Read
Apr 01, 2018
Isa Briarwood
Nov 03, 2019
maureen Bicknell
rated it did not like it
May 14, 2018
Lisa Corbit
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to Lisa by: http://www.lisacorbit.com/
Siouxicue
Pam Mooney
FREE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY 2018! 1 2 Feb 14, 2018 08:49AM
FREE TODAY 1 1 Nov 27, 2017 09:24AM
Lisa Mayme Corbit taught secondary English in the US, the UAE, and Paraguay before deciding to become an author. The Truth About Melissa: A Soul Mate Experiment is her debut novel and is based on her experience of meeting and marrying a man who had 'created' his ideal soul mate four years before their first meeting. She currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state.
“You’re very intelligent and I enjoyed our evening together last night. I don’t know how to explain it. I have always been drawn to athletic types. Throwing a football or shooting hoops on dates. You don’t seem athletic. Are you? But I’ve never had such long talks and so many things to talk about with anyone either. It is refreshing, yet different.” 1 likes