Start by marking “Liar, Liar” as Want to Read:
Liar, Liar

Liar, Liar

In this riveting page-turner from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lisa Jackson, a woman searches for the mother she hasn’t seen in twenty years, and uncovers a nightmare of greed and deception . . .

In death, Didi Storm is finally getting the kind of publicity that eluded her in life. Twenty years ago, the ex-beauty queen worked the Vegas strip as a celebrity impe
Published June 26th 2018 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Liar, Liar, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Paromjit
Lisa Jackson writes an intense crime thriller set in the present and the disappearance of Didi Storm, an ex-beauty queen and Remmi's mother, twenty years ago. A 15 year old Remmi is left to her own devices as she is forced to take care of herself. Didi is far too ambitious and preoccupied with making it in Las Vegas as a Marilyn Monroe impersonator. Remmi hides herself in the trunk of her mother's car as Didi, with her six week old baby twins, a boy and a girl, drives to the middle of nowhere wh ...more
Carrie
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Twenty years ago Remmi was a teenager who got it in her mind she was going to sneak out one night but when her mother comes in Remmi hides in her mother’s old Cadillac in the garage. What Remmi didn’t expect was for her mother to load her newborn twins int he Cadillac and take off late at night while she was hiding in the trunk.

With nothing to do but stay quiet or have to explain what she was doing up and hiding in the car Remmi holds on for a bumpy ride. When the car finally stops it seems to b
Amanda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wow what an amazing roller coaster of a ride with twists that will not disappoint and keep you hooked.

20 years ago Remmi’s mother Didi, a Marilyn Monroe impersonator hoping to make it big in showbiz, disappears in very mysterious circumstances along with her infant twins.l 15 year old Remmi is left on her own on her own but is taken in by her aunt as Didi never returns.

20 years later Remmi is passing the Montmort Tower Hotel when she sees a woman on the 20th floor dressed as Marilyn Monroe, st
Berit☀️✨
3.5 Bright Stars🌟🌟🌟.5
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.... or does it?

OK my friends that have trouble suspending belief.... warning this probably is not the book for you! It was fast paced and compelling, however there are a lot... and I mean a lot of coincidences... you just kind of have to go with it and not question anything 😝 for example in the very beginning Remmie is heading to an appointment in San Francisco when she just so happens to be at the exact spot where her mother (maybe?) Plu
Marialyce
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
2 very disappointed stars.

Sometimes a book just doesn't get to you in a positive manner and unfortunately this book just did not hold my interest. It was very long, repetitive and one where I found myself skimming a lot. I know Ms Jackson is a fine author but I am thinking, at least for me, this was not a stellar effort.

I know there are many of my book friends who enjoyed this story. I only wish I could have joined that group of readers. All books are not for all people for sure.
Brenda
Fifteen-year-old Remmi Storm was trapped inside the specially adapted boot of her mother’s car. Didi Storm had put Remmi’s siblings, babies Adam and Ariel, into the back seat of the Cadillac and headed for the Mojave desert – she had no idea her oldest child was in the boot of her car. What Remmi heard and glimpsed that night would stay with her forever. And although her mother didn’t know she had been witness to the events in the desert, when Didi left home the following night, she promised to ...more
Selena
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free e-copy of Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson from NetGalley for my honest review.

This is the first book I have ever read by Lisa Jackson. The very beginning of the book, A woman (Didi Storm), dressed to look like Marilyn Monroe, jumps to her death.

Who was this Marilyn Monroe look-alike and why did she jump? What went terribly wrong that went back 22 years?

Twenty two years ago Remmi, a teenager decides she is going to sneak out but when her mother comes in Remmi hides in her mom's old
Amanda
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lou
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent crime thriller with an intriguing and unique premise. Didi Storm is a washed up beauty queen and Marilyn Monroe impersonator. Remmi, Didi's daughter, witnesses a woman jumping to her death from a building in San Francisco. She had been dressed as Marilyn Monroe. Remmi is adamant that it was not her mother. To solve this mystery of who it was that jumped and why, cop Dani Settler and Remmi Storm must go back over two decades and discover the deal made in the Nevada desert.

Thi
Lisa
An entertaining and fast-paced story of lies, deception, murder and betrayal.

SUMMARY
Didi Storm worked the Las Vegas strip as a celebrity impersonator. She was ambitious and always way to busy to spare much time for her daughter, Remmi. Remmi was 15 when she last saw her mother. DiDi disappeared after a horrendous night in the Mojave Desert. Remmi had hidden away in DiDi’s car that night, and had witnessed DiDi handing over one of her newborn twins to a man in exchange for a briefcase. The next d
CD {Boulder Blvd}
I found this an OK read but it definitely was not gripping or thrilling. I had just finished a really good suspense story and Liar, Liar just didn't compare well.

The characters were OK but I thought the development of a relationship between Remmi and Noah was way too fast for not really knowing each other 20 years ago either. A couple of conversations 20 years ago and a couple of days together in the present leads to exchanges of "I love you"?

And it seemed like everything in the book was a seri
Anita
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I've not read any of Lisa Jackson's recent books, but I have read her in the past. She is a really good mystery-suspense author and I really enjoyed the intriguing tale that unfolds in "Liar, Liar". The beginning hooked me and the ending was seat of your pants suspense, the middle, alas, dragged a bit. The baddie and the why remained a mystery to the very end.

Didi Storm is a ce
Mandy White
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
This book just was not for me. It seemed so far fetched that I had trouble getting into it. I was disappointed as I was really looking forward to this one. Oh well, you out can't, love them all
Donna
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twenty years ago, Remmi Storm's mother Didi disappeared from Las Vegas. Didi was a female celebrity impersonator, specializing in Marilyn Monroe. Didi needed money and set up a scam to sell one of her six week old twins to his father for $250,000. That plan didn't go well. Didi left the desert that night with only one twin, an explosion, and 15 year old Remmi hiding in a hidden compartment in the old Cadillac. Didi then left the remaining twin with Remmi for a couple of days but didn't return. T ...more
Bookread2day
Hardcover. I normally get into Lisa Jackson's novels, but I'm afraid I struggled getting into this one. Just to let all fans know I haven't given up on this author I'm really looking forward to reading the next book by Lisa Jackson.
OutlawPoet
So, I generally like Lisa Jackson’s books. They’re easy reads with a nice mix of romance and suspense.

I just wasn’t all that into the plot on this one.

It was slow and I really didn’t care whether or not they actually found out what happened to Didi. I was just kind of…bored.

In addition, I felt like the reason behind everything got seriously convoluted, but still left a plot point hanging.

So, this one really wasn’t for me. I’ll read the author again, but I just needed something a little more exci
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Ugh! Way to ruin a perfectly good book in the final pages.

Okay, the positive. Yes, there were a bunch of immoral characters in this convoluted story. However the author pulled it all together and made it almost plausible. Certainly it was entertaining. I didn’t even guess the killer on the first go.

While reading, I’m fist pumping in the air that I’d found a new author to binge... until the ending happened.

Let’s step back. The destined couple in this tale has zero romantic time on page not even a
Melissa Stickney
Over the years I have been sadden by some of my go to authors. Their stories and characters having turned stale and leaving me yearning for the days of yore. Lisa Jackson is definitely not one of those authors. Her stories are as engaging as ever and have even more twists and turns than her earlier work. Definitely an author that I continue to fall back on when I need a good book to read.

Remmi has been searching for her mother since the night she disappeared. Never losing hope that somehow the
✨Susan✨
A back woods country woman who will stop at nothing to be “rich and famous”, gets mixed up with a very wealthy no good family. When the gloves come off it’s anybody’s guess. Of course there are those innocents that get stuck in the crossfire, but who knows which ones are truly innocent? A fast moving, cold case with lots of twists.
Donna Hines
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Didi Storm is a woman of many hats and many skills including a professional impersonator.
She's also a woman with many different stories to tell as Edwina Maria Hutchinson.
We may have a case of 'selling kids' but to imagine a parent doing so is unthinkable.
Her daughter Remmi hides in the trunk of her car as she goes to meet a man. A man who takes away one of her children.
Remmi has no idea the back story nor the past of her mother but she's about to uncover the truth - piece by shiny piece.
It's b
Kris Rafferty
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t figure out the mystery at all! Hahaha. Enjoyed this book immensely. Felt sorry for Remmi through most of the book, so I wasn’t comfortable reading this book, but it paid off in the end. Great storytelling.
erin holyfield
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh. I am usually a huge fan of Lisa Jackson but her newest book Liar, Liar just didn't keep my attention. It felt like it took me forever to get through it and I actually skimmed most of it.
Remmi Storm is 14 when her mother and 2 half siblings disappear. 20 years later someone who maybe Didi Storm (Remmi's mother) jumps out a hotel window. Dozens of characters, dozens of story lines muddy the waters of this book, trying to resolve the issue of what really happened to Remmi's mom. And I never f
VickiLee

At 15 years of age, Remmi is deserted by her Marilyn Monroe impersonator mother and the disappearance of her twin endangered siblings. We meet Remmi again 20 years later (it’s always 20 years, isn’t it?) when she just happens to be witness to a suicide, and the woman looks like her lost mother. All of this is happening at the same time a biography of her mother has been released. Brisk story.
Val
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, giveaways, 2019, mystery
I won this book in a giveaway from Kensington. Thank you!

3.5 Stars rounded up to 4

There were definitely parts of this book I really liked. From the beginning, I very much liked Remmi. I also liked Noah a lot. I liked that it wasn't a sappy romance. I liked that I was wrong as to the identity of The Marksman. What a twisty-turny plot, filled with deception, lies, and betrayal!! This was a book that required putting one's need for logic on a shelf but I was okay with that. What didn't I like, you
Cindy
Review to come

* I was provided an ARC to read from the publisher and NetGalley. It was my decision to read and review this book.
Hilary Grossman
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Lisa Jackson and this book held up to my high expectations of her novels. Fast paced. Suspenseful. Hard to put down.
Blagica
Liar, Liar by Lisa Jackson published by Kensington Books is a great summer read for anyone who likes thrillers. Over the years I have been sadden by some of my go to authors. Their stories and characters having turned stale and leaving me yearning for the days of yore. Lisa Jackson is definitely not one of those authors. I have been reading Lisa Jackson books since I was about 15 my mom use to pick up 4-5 books for me and I would be done in less than a month. Over the years I have been sadden by ...more
Jessie M
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
***SPOILER***

This novel is action packed and full of twists and turns. Just when you think you've figured something out, you're thrown another loop. The first half of the book moves slow only because you are getting the main character's and supporting character's backgrounds. But the book grabs you from the first page. Personally, I don't appreciate when books end suddenly in the last 40 pages or so, and that's exactly what Jackson does. Although that happens, I thoroughly enjoyed this read and
Book Him Danno
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 out of 5 StarsFor readers looking for realism this book isn't for you.

Liar Liar is a plot driven novel so back story of the characters is slim but readers catch on fast as Lisa Jackson reveals her story with the twist that take time to absorb. The Author uses duel times lines that will keep readers focused on this story. Make sure as a reader you have a quite place because you will not want to be disrupted.

Liar, Liar is a story of Murder, Duplicity and Twist that readers will not be able t
Lisa Bowen
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This little light . What a cute saying. The story started out really good. The middle of story was dragging. The ending of the story was very good. I love Lisa Jackson books. I saw this book at the library . I read it on my kindle. It was a good book to read in the fall or rainy day.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 3 12 Jul 19, 2018 11:27AM

• The Fatal Heir (Gillian Jones Mystery #1)
  • Death Runs in the Family (The Alvarez Family Murder Mysteries, #3)
  • Last Kiss Goodbye
  • A Thin, Dark Line
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional, #1)
  • Make Them Cry
  • Dark Road Home (Gin Sullivan, #1)
  • Badwater (Forensic Geology #2)
  • McCone and Friends
  • On the Blue Train
  • Deadly Dram  (Whisky Business Mystery #3)
  • Protect and Serve: Soldiers, SEALs and Cops (Lost and Found, #4.3; Delta Detectives, #5)
  • Batter Off Dead (A Southern Cake Baker Mystery, #2)
  • Game of Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #20)
  • High Crimes (The Georgia Davis PI Series #5)
  • Slaughter Park (The Belltree Trilogy, #3)
  • Fatal Liaison
  • Blood of the Albatross

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio