Start by marking “Shake It Up (Man of the Month, #8)” as Want to Read:
Shake It Up (Man of the Month, #8)

Shake It Up

(Man of the Month #8)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  314 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
There are a million reasons why I need to stop thinking about Taylor D'Angelo naked.

She's too young for me, for starters.

She's too ambitious.

She's my job.

Romance was the last thing on my mind when I agreed to look into her stalker as a favor.

Now, she's all I can think about--and in every position I can imagine.

I'm not the only one obsessing.

The threats against her are inte
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 250 pages
Published May 1st 2018 by Martini & Olive Books

To ask other readers questions about Shake It Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shake It Up

Debbie Hanson
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
Shake It Up
Man Of The Month #8
J. Kenner
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I know I say it every review for The Man Of The Month, but these stories just get better and better. From 1st time to love, to rekindled to , well just about any love J. Kenner winds into a can’t put down read. Landon and Taylor were no different.

With a threat against her, Taylor turns to the The Fix’s security guy, Brent to help her out. He enlists, Landon Ware, Austin‘s police departments detective, what he doesn’t know is that Landon has seen Taylo
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Taylor finds her past has come back to haunt her and she either needs to skip town or trust in Landon to protect her. Landon has a thing for Taylor but he's kept his distance due to her younger age. When she gets threatened, his need to protect her gave him the perfect excuse to get closer to her.

I'm such a sucker for an older man/younger woman story. I was afraid there was going to be some major pushing away since we learned in a previous book that Landon was burned in his past. Thankfully, tha
Kate's Corner
***UNPOPULAR OPINION***

Harsh but true for me!

How very lackluster & unimaginative. #Sorry #NotSorry

To write my review I went back and took a look at the blurb and wow the blurb is amazing. That should have been a sign. Was she too young? 11 years and seeing she was nearly 25 I don’t consider that to be jailbait.

Apparently she is too ambitious, yeah really saw none of that in the book. It was mentioned once that after her masters she wanted to go to LA or NY but as soon as she was with the He
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I hope you are all looking forward to my review of the Man of the Month series as much as I look forward to reading them every 2 weeks. And, it's definitely worth repeating, I am amazed that J. Kenner is able to make each and every one of these books a little different. They all have a little mystery behind them but, the main theme is the love that comes pouring off of the pages. The connections between the couples is electrifying and you could feel, not only the love, but the respect that they
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SHAKE IT UP by J. Kenner this is book 8 in the Man of the Month series. This is the story of Landon and Taylor. I have read the previous book in this series and you can easily make this a standalone book....but you will enjoy it more if you read them in order I think.
Taylor has a stalker and she thought she was in the clear with her new life but he has found her and is stalking her again. Landon works for the police force but is on a three week vacation and he is asked by his friend to help prot
Siobhan
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shake It Up is the eighth book in J. Kenner’s Man of the Month series, and it’s yet another winner. I’ve been a fan of this series since book one, yet each additional book sucks me in ever deeper. I find myself desperately awaiting the release of the next book, counting down the days until it appears on my Kindle. Each time a new one appears, I devour it, starting the cycle all over again. Knowing we’re nearing the end of the series is not doing me much good – I’m already starting to panic about ...more
Courtney
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Yea, so I hate to say this, but this book disappointed me. And I think I am even more disappointed because I have been loving this series so far.

I loved the blurb and was looking forward to Landon's story with Taylor. Taylor's life is being threatened and Landon is tasked with keeping an eye on her. As things progress, he finds himself wanting to be more than just the officer sent to protect her.

Ok. So here is where I felt let down with this book - I could not see the physical chemistry between
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"A girl never you knows and tells."

Another awesome installment in the Man of the Month series, but this time I enjoyed a heavy dose of suspense with my cocktail at The Fix on Sixth bar. And let me tell you, when these women get together you can expect some cocktales. I'm really enjoying this series and the awesome cast of characters that continues to grow with each story.

Shake It Up was a delightful mix of sex and suspense that had me all-in, ready to help them catch a stalker. While at the sam
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

879a8cf37cf65b091509505c818802

J. Kenner shakes it up with her latest eighth installment to the Man of the Month series. In Shake It Up, Kenner treats her readers to the older man and younger woman trope. While this book might not be my favorite of the series, this book does shakes it up with a romance of two people whose attraction were bound to happen. When Taylor is in need of protection, Brent is the officer who will find himself wanting to mix business with pleasure.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Taylor & Mr. August aka Brent, was one of the exciting book in the series with it's thrilling suspense. We saw a little bit of Taylor's past coming back to haunt her in the previous book, but as the saying goes can't run away form the past too long, it will always catch up.

Unfortunately Taylor's past may be dark, but it's a perfect in for our police office hottie Brent to step in to offer his protection. Lines blur, protective alpha gets activated, and the result is an awesome story.

Every tw
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Damn, Landon . . . I’ve been waiting for your broody story and whoa, I was not disappointed!

I loved your immediate need to protect Taylor. Adored your attempt to keep your feelings in check. Cheered for you to break through Taylor’s protective shields—to break down the wall surrounding her heart and gain her trust. And, I needed a fan to cool off from all the sexiness.

And Taylor. God, I just wanted to wrap you up in a big hug and tell you everything would be all right. I loved you heart. Your te
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

Taylor and Landon have chemistry and the attraction to one another is one that Landon feels needs to be ignored, as she is just too young.

But, chemistry and proximity aren't always something that you can ignore, and this book is about what happens when they are no longer able to be ignored.

The Fix on Sixth books, as I have said before in other reviews, are shorter and interconnected. Some of them work better for me than others, and this was
April Symes
SHAKE IT UP by J. Kenner this is book 8 in the Man of the Month series. This is the story of Landon and Taylor. Taylor has a stalker and she thought she was in the clear with her new life but he has found her and is stalking her yet again. Landon promises to help keep her safe from this stalker- how can he? Landon is a police officer on vacation whose friends with Brent. Taylor had asked Brent what to do because she didn’t want to run again and that’s how Landon and Taylor were introduced. Taylo ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

I LOVE a good stalker romance. Yea, maybe its done up a lot in romances but for me, I consider it a classic and J. Kenner ROCKED it in Shake It Up! We get a lot of scrumptious heat with this book but also something different than what we had gotten with previous Man of The Month books and that is more suspense and that perked me RIGHT up. Now I enjoyed ALL the Man of the Month stories so far. Honestly I loved them all. But Shake It Up really made my blood simmer
Michele
Shelves: 0518, con-rom
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Shake It Up was an exciting and satisfyingly romantic book that had me cheering on our lovebirds from page one. Great chemistry, mutual respect, and a thread of danger made this a captivating tale.

I have no idea how J. Kenner is keeping each installment in her sexy Man of the Month series so fresh and interesting, but I’m loving the tropes, the unique pairings and the oh-so steamy romances she’s created so far. Landon and Taylor’s story was actually more
Yulanda Bolton
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an epic read by J. Kenner. An explovise relationship between Taylor and Landon. Taylor who thought her pass was behind her until the unexpected start happening. Landon determine to protect at all cost regardless of Taylor pass..
Rebecca
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shake It Up – that’s exactly what J. Kenner does with the 8th installment of her Man of the Month series because Landon and Taylor’s story is romantic suspense unlike the previous books, but readers need not worry about anything else being ‘shook up’ because Kenner still gives her readers a quick and dirty read and definitely leaves them satisfied;)

Mr. August is a police officer turned body guard who volunteers to protect a woman who he has been attracted to since the first time they met, which
Sofia Lazaridou
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
We have two books in a row that I liked from this series. Dare I hope that the next book will be good too? I have only one tiny favor to ask. Can we get rid of Reece and Megan? I am starting not to like the mention of Jenna and it sours my reading experience. These threes people were the only thing I didn't like in the book and they tent to ruin things for me. Does that make me a bad person? It's Reece's fault after all. Thankfully they don't appear much and most of the spotlight falls on the tw ...more
Emma
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Taylor is the stage manager for The Man of the Month competition at The Fix; following the dramatic events at the end of Turn Me On it is obvious Taylor has been keeping secrets and now those secrets have caught up to her. threatening everything she has worked so hard to build.

Landon is a police officer and close friend of The Fix's resident security Brent. Sparks have flown between Landon and Taylor for a long time. However, the age difference and Landon's own baggage have prevented him from m
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the eighth book in the series - so we are expecting to meet Mr August ! Do make sure you read these in order, as the underlying story and many of the characters run through every book.

I am loving how we are being shown the into the deepest elements of people that have been in the story all along. Taylor has been a fun part of the girl gang so far, but now we discover that she has overcome some very dark and diff
Erin Lewis
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Shake It Up (Man of the Month #8) by J Kenner
This is the eight book in the series and is Taylor and Landon’s story. Shake It Up is a fun quick story which was extremely well written and a great read.
Every time I read the books in this series, I don’t think that it can beat the previous ones but this one has. Landon makes me swoon, not only is he a detective with a heart of gold, he is everything that I love in a hero.
Taylor is in trouble, her past has finally caught up with her and
Carla
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book, given by the author.
So it is Taylor and Landon's turn, and all I can think about is, where is this place where every woman that shows up meets her perfect other half!? It sounds a lot like paradise to me.

Of course what brings them together is no joke, Taylor has been hiding and it looks like her past has caught up with her. She is in need of a saviour and there comes the last person she expected.
Kim
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I cannot believe we are already on book #8 in the Man of the Month Series, Shake It Up!! Ready to meet Mr. August?

We’ve gotten glimpses of Taylor throughout the series, but we now know about her past. She’s had some difficult times and it look as though it all may be coming right back to her. But, the people at The Fix aren’t about to stand by and just watch this all go down, and in comes Landon, who Taylor is interested in.

Landon is finally getting the opportunity he wants to show Taylor that
Felicia Eddy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to the Man of the Month series, probably my favorite so far.

Taylor is being stalked and Landon has sworn to protect her. The problem is that Taylor is 10 years younger than Landon and should be off limits, but once Landon realizes that Taylor feels the same way things start to move very quickly. Add the additional danger element the ride is just getting started.

I keep saying how much I love each and every book in this series. This one especially - Ms Kenner ups the anty w
BookSmacked
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Start Me Up is another quick read from the man of the month series. At the end of the previous book we were introduce to the two characters in the one, Landon and Taylor.

Taylor seems to have a stalker on her hand and Landon has signed up to help protect her. These two spend a bunch of time together of course and end up acting on their attraction for one another.

It was an enjoyable read albeit something predictable. I do wish I could have connected more to the characters but I didn’t really fee
Naughty Mom Story Time
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Another quick read. This series is perfect for getting a quick fix for a bit of sexy romance.

Landon and Taylor’s story was filled with wonderful chemistry and lots of suspense. With Taylor as the strong woman trying her best to make it on her own and Landon stepping in to protect her when she needs it, their story was a quick build up trust-resulting in a speedy evolution from friendship to love.

Perfect for in between book hangovers or filling those couple of hours when you want to sneak in a
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

When Taylor is in danger she is pointed towards local police detective Landon Ware. Taylor is young but the chemistry between them is off the charts hot. I will do everything to protect Taylor's body even give and make her mine, but will that put her in more danger? Meet Landon Ware our August Man of the Month. This series is so good and every couple we meet just make it better and better. Landon and Taylor are definitely a great G
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
This is the best one of the series yet. I could not put this one down. Every page was filled with great characters, believable dialogue, intriguing plot and passion that leaps off the pages. Landon and Taylor instantly click and they have become my favorite couple in the entire series. I absolutely recommend this book and the entire series.
Marika
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Taylor and Landon's story.
These two were crazy attracted to each other but both held back..until Taylor started receiving random notes and she needed his help to find the stalker.
The story was a whirlwind and I liked the added suspense.
InaFieldofBooks
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Say hello to my new favourites of this fabulous series. Taylor and Landon’s story kept me on my toes right from the start.

We ended our last story with a brick being thrown through Taylor’s car. When more mysterious things begin to happen, she no longer thinks the brick was an accident. Brent, head of security at The Fix, has a friend of his step in and look into the situation. Landon is perfect for the job but unfortunately he finds it hard to focus when Taylor is around him.

The love story, th
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York

Man of the Month (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Down on Me (Man of the Month, #1)
  • Hold on Tight (Man of the Month, #2)
  • Need You Now (Man of the Month, #3)
  • Start Me Up (Man of the Month, #4)
  • Get It On (Man of the Month, #5)
  • In Your Eyes (Man of the Month, #6)
  • Turn Me On (Man of the Month, #7)
  • All Night Long (Man of the Month, #9)
  • In Too Deep (Man of the Month, #10)
  • Light My Fire (Man of the Month, #11)