Start by marking “The Grateful Fred (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Grateful Fred (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #3)

The Grateful Fred (Melvin Beederman Superhero #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Bad guys tremble at the sound of his name!

From: grateful@fred.com
To: melvin@beederman.com

Dear Melvin,
We need your help. Someone has been sending us threatening letters. We don't know who it is. Please come to our concert tonight, just in case.
Sincerely,
Fred of The Grateful Fred

Someone is out to get the Grateful Fred, Melvin Beederman's all-time favorite rock-and-roll ban
Published October 31st 2006 by Square Fish (first published October 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Grateful Fred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grateful Fred

Michael
This one had a clever idea, although you may have to explain to kids what cloning is. The different lairs were hilarious, and it was good to see Candace use her door-kicking powers, and her quick flying powers. Her reliance on Melvin to solve all their problems is getting a bit old, and I was sad there weren't any lyrics about Candace in the song at the end, so I wrote some:

Well, Candace flies so quick,
She can even pick up car-ee-ars.
And if they get into a fix,
She can kick a wall so far-ee-ar.

Se
CH13_Lisa Matthews
Melvin Beederman Superhero The Grateful Fred is the third installment. In this series superhero Melvin and his friend Candace are on a quest to find out who is trying to destroy a band name The Grateful Fred.

In this third series installment, child superhero Melvin and his assistant Candace are trying to figure out who has it in for the hot new band, The Grateful Fred. When someone sets off a bomb at a concert, it's up to the two kids to find the culprit, a task somewhat hampered by Melvin's diff
Nick
May 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
The Melvin Beederman books are quick and fun. The humor is much like the old Rocky and Bullwinkle stories, in that some of it will be lost on kids, but is there for the parents to enjoy.
This book will appeal to kids who like superhero cartoons on tv more than it will to ones who really read comic books, but Melvin isn't the kind of superhero who be in his own comic book, anyway.
This book involves protecting his favorite rock musician, Fred of The Grateful Fred, from certain doom. The villain, a
Shelli
These books are stupid. Usually in that good stupid fun way that makes reading fun for kids. This book however crossed into stupid town a few to many times, and I will probably pass on reading anymore of these with my daughter. She still likes them though and will continue reading about the adventures of Melvin Beederman and Candace Brinkwater without me. Up until the last page I had planned on giving this book two stars.... however it ended with a parody of the classic Beatles song "She Loves Y ...more
$$$$i get money$$$
What i have learned from this book is to always be your self and dont let anybody tell you other wise.I thought this book was very funny and very intertaning. It was not one of those kinds of books where i cant put it down but it is a book i would read and i would like. I like books that have a lesson at the end but also funny and that really mad that happen. Since i liked this book sooo much i think i will get a other book from greg trine
Drew
Mar 26, 2010 added it
Grateful Fred, The (Melvin Beederman, Superhero) by Greg Trine (2006)
Flinkybits
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
a funny read for those interested in captain underpants.
Megan
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-books
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book with my 7 year old. I loved all the puns scattered throughout the book - totally worth reading out loud.
Mustafa Theman
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
it was boring
Luke
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book. I liked that he's a super hero. It was exciting because they did a really good job helping Los Angeles. So did Candace, his sidekick.
Lindsey Fleck
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Owen loves this series! Quick chapter books full of action and comedy!
Asher
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've ever read.
Soccerboy
Aug 08, 2017
Hanmin
Feb 24, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Greg Trine is the author of the Melvin Beederman, Superhero books for children, which he creates with his illustrator sidekick, Rhode Montijo. He is also the author of the young adult book, The Second Base Club. He lives with his family in his Southern California hideout.

More about Greg Trine...

Melvin Beederman Superhero (8 books)
  • The Curse of the Bologna Sandwich (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #1)
  • Revenge of the McNasty Brothers (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #2)
  • Terror in Tights (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #4)
  • The Fake Cape Caper (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #5)
  • Attack of the Valley Girls (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #6)
  • The Brotherhood of the Traveling Underpants (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #7)
  • Invasion from Planet Dork (Melvin Beederman Superhero, #8)