Start by marking “In a Flash! Writing & Publishing Dynamic Flash Prose” as Want to Read:
In a Flash! Writing & Publishing Dynamic Flash Prose

In a Flash! Writing & Publishing Dynamic Flash Prose

Welcome to a genre that has zoomed into public notice with the Internet age and yet has a rich history. Flashes in both fiction and nonfiction are highly sought after by editors and publishers across a wide array of publications. This practical guide covers a diverse range of topics from the first spark of an idea through to the writing, editing, and submission/publication ...more
Published May 1st 2018 by Vine Leaves Press

Be the first to ask a question about In a Flash! Writing & Publishing Dynamic Flash Prose

Brittany Crow
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely recommend this wonderful book to anyone, aspiring writer or ardent reader alike. I found Faith's personal narrative entertaining and similar to my own life experiences (both in general and in my own writing career). She not only provides clear advice and instruction to those interested in the flash genre but opens herself to the audience on the page, exposing her own private thoughts and feelings...something we all (most of us) struggle to express so freely.

Written as if you were si
Leslie M.
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m relatively new to writing flash fiction, and I thought this book sounded like it’d be extremely helpful for a newbie, and I was correct. The author provides clear examples and numerous activities, so it’s useful for writers at any stage. It doesn’t feel like an instructional manual. I’ve only tried a few of the prompts, but I’m looking forward to trying many more. She also includes editing and publishing tips mixed in with her own personal stories.
Damien
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, philosophical, and fun.

I found In a Flash! to be insightful, with real-world examples, and prompts for flash writing. It is a must-have for every budding author.

As a writer, who is at the beginning of his literary adventures, In a Flash! really helped me think outside the box and how to look at character development, emotional context, and how to improve my craft in writing.

I fully intend to keep this book close by when writing for easy reference.
Michael Morris
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: about-writing
The first thing one notices about this fine book is the author’s enthusiasm for her subject and her students/readers. This sets a positive tone for the whole book, and doesn’t get sappy in chapters where she addresses the difficulties of writing, such as writer’s block and discouragement after rejection.
Ms. Faith supports her ideas from her own experiences, not only as a writer, but as a teacher, an aunt, and as a friend. Doing so, and lots of easy to digest example pieces from other writers, k
Karen
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Faith's In a Flash! is a brisk exploration of the flash form. Reviewing both flash fiction and flash creative nonfiction, Faith offers writing prompts, editing tips, and publishing ideas all involving flash form which is enjoying a surge of popularity in today's publishing world. Don't expect a dry, academic read, though, as Faith also inserts her own personal stories and experiences with this dynamic form. A great read for both writers and teachers!
Annabelle Fern
Cathy Beres
Nov 21, 2018
Sandy Young
Feb 22, 2019
Melanie Faith’s writing has been published in numerous literary journals and small presses and has been nominated for three Pushcart Prizes. Her flash fiction placed in the Bevel Summer Prize for Short Short Stories and was subsequently published in Shenandoah. She finds joy practicing and teaching in several genres, including: poetry, creative nonfiction, flash fiction, flash nonfiction, and inst ...more