Start by marking “Making Spirits Bright” as Want to Read:
Making Spirits Bright

Making Spirits Bright

(Great Lakes)

The Christmas Lights Collection returns with four new, never-before-released novellas in Making Spirits Bright! From romance to cozy mystery, this collection features contemporary novellas sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.

Merri’s Christmas Mission by Chautona Havig

Merri Zeiger is on a mission--create a fabulous Christmas for her three children on a dime. Well
Paperback
Published November 1st 2017 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Making Spirits Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Spirits Bright

Start your review of Making Spirits Bright
Charlotte Dance
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holiday collections are lots of fun. They can bring a little entertainment as well as pointing you in the direction of the true meaning of the season. They can also introduce you to new authors who become favorites.

Cathe Swanson wrote Hope for the Holidays. It is in her Great Lakes collection. Although characters cross over from other books, it isn't necessary to have read them. It does give a richer reading experience though. I will say that her 'novella' doesn't feel like a novella at all. Sh
Emma Filbrun
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Merri's Christmas Mission, by Chautona Havig, is a fun story. I loved watching her grow and change as the story went on. There was a very hilarious scene, which literally had me laughing out loud, as her children discussed some important matters with Barney. Actually, I loved her children all the way through the story; this author knows what children are like and how they talk.
Lead a Merry Dance, by April Hayman, is also fun. I haven't been able to finish this story yet, so I don't know how it w
R.j.
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a follow up to last year's excellent Christmas collection, this set is amazing. I actually enjoyed several of the stories more than the stories from last year. Chautona Havig's was excellent, as usual, and Cathe Swanson's was one of her best works yet. Being set near where I grew up, I loved the references to life in the Chicago area. Toni Shiloh's was very enjoyable, as well, though as a northern girl, I had a hard time relating to a Christmas down south. I loved the storyline and the charac ...more
Emily
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love Christmas stories, you'll love this set of novellas! These are sweet, fun, and good stories centered around the Christmas season and the Reason for the season.
Melissa Henderson
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely stories that touch the heart. I will read these over and over again each Christmas and all through the year.
Marylin
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-reviewed
This has been a delightful Christmas collection to read. I've enjoyed every single story in it.
Each book was packed full of fun and enjoyable moments.
There were cute characters in each book that made my heart giggle with laughter. Yet there was also bits of suspense and drama, as well as, sweet romance.
This was just the thing to read to get me in the holiday spirit.
I received this collection from the authors, and all opinions are my own.
I highly recommend you pick this one up for your holiday r
Dec 09, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: 2018-reads, christmas
I didn't like the first story in this collection
The second book was okay, but I felt like I couldn't understand it fully because I hadn't read the book that obviously came before the novella
The third one wasn't capturing my interest.

I decided to give up.
Alicia
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Making Spirits Brighter” (A Christmas Lights Collection II) byChautona Havig, April Hayman, Toni Shiloh, and Catherine Swanson

A truly wonderful, well written group of novellas and novels make this box set a great read for the holidays. Each author writes their own unique pieces. They are engaging, enjoyable and interesting. They all have very strong characters, great plot lines, and very solidly written pieces of work.

One of the best holiday box sets I have read this year, “Making Spirits Brig
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This was such a great collection of stories to get me right into the holiday spirits. Although four separate stories, they had quite a few things in common: love, hope, fun, a little laughter, and Christmas (of course). They are all fast reads, so pick up a copy, sit in your favorite reading spot, and enjoy!

Merri's Christmas Mission
I think this was my favorite story out of them all. And I hate to say that, because I loved them all, but this one touched my heart the most. Merri is pretty much the
Andrea Stoeckel
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this is the 2017 Best Boxed Set, And I have to say, having read and reviewed numerous sets this year, I choose Making Spirits Bright by four Christian Romance writers: Chautona Havig, Cathe Swanson, Toni Shiloh and April Hayman. I loved this set. I loved each of the four stories separately, from cosy mystery to romance, these novellas will certainly help you keep your spirits bright.
Embgram
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snuggle in for Christmas reading

Christmas is coming, so grab a cup of tea, a snuggly throw, an curl up for a break from the hectic pace of the holiday season. This collection of Christmastime romances takes us to places and situations that inspire and make one think about others who struggle and triumph over the things their challenges. Each story is a masterpiece of God's love and care.
Kim  Gregory
I read just the first story in this anthology by Chautona Havig. I started the others, but couldn't get into them, they just aren't my genre. I'm sure others would enjoy them though, I just don't enjoy that setting or the contemporary time period. I love Chautona's books, so I enjoyed her story, I knew what to expect.
Gerry Brown
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved these books!

These were very engaging books in settings that seemed so real! There was laughter and heartbreak and upsetting time, just like real life. All very believable.
Faith
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wondered how the Christmas Lights Collection 2017 would measure up to the wonderful Collection of 2016. I should have known these ladies would be on top of it! Making Spirits Bright is another delightful collection of inspirational Christmas stories. They are filled with romance, some mystery, a little laughter. It's all there again this year; even some familiar characters. Don't miss this holiday treat! Merry Christmas to readers everywhere and to these special authors
Sydney
Merri’s Christmas Mission by Chautona Havig is an enjoyable, funny, and sweet Christmas novella. This story is about family and friendship and of course the holidays. It is about making Christmas happen on a low budget and rather than focusing on the gifts, but the time doing activities with family and friends. It is a story that will touch the heart of readers, as they come to know the characters through their struggles, mistakes, and joys. Readers will easily relate to the story and characters ...more
Sharon Jordan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read the first novella in the Making Spirits Bright Collection. I thoroughly enjoyed Merri's Christmas Mission by Chautona Havig! It was fun to read and impactful! I'd read it again and recommend to others for a lift in holiday cheer and a crash course on living Christmas the way it was meant to be. I didn't get to the others in the collection so am making a note to self to be sure and pick this up again next December.
Rebekah
Good stories

Give these authors a try. I did seek out the previous Tripp book of the second author and was glad I did. Also the last book apparently has previous stories.
Diane
Nov 29, 2017
michael broers
Dec 07, 2017
Tina M
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2018
Dec 31, 2017
Doretha M. Sites
Feb 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Out of the Blue Bouquet (Crossroads Collection, #1)
  • Wonderland Wishes: 7 Never-Before-Released Christian Christmas Romances
  • The Mystery of Christmas 2 Collection
  • The Inadvertent Princess (Crowns & Courtships, #2)
  • When Snowflakes Never Cease (Crossroads Collection)
  • Yesterday's Mail (Crossroads Collection, #2)
  • Slice of Paradise Cozy Mysteries, The Complete Series: With All 5 Books & All 5 Recipes from the series Plus a Bonus Prequel
  • A Blooms, Bones and Stones Cozy Mystery Boxed Set Books 1 to 6
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas: Four Inspirational Holiday Novellas
  • Sweetwater County Boxed Set (Books 1-4)
  • Betwixt Two Hearts (Crossroads Collection)
  • Snow Ridge Mysteries, The Complete Series: A Small Town Murder Mystery Box Set
  • It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
  • Brides Of Grasshopper Creek
  • Dutch Girl: Audrey Hepburn and World War II
  • Love, Christmas - Holiday stories that will put a song in your heart! (The Holiday Series, #1)
  • The Mystery of Christmas
  • Cozy Mystery Starter Set - Six Books
**fingers skittle across the keyboard. Stop. Eyelids blink over the top**

Oh, was this bio day? Oops! I forgot. I was lost in my latest manuscript. Umm... bio. Yeah.

Hi! I’m Chautona Havig. (for those who care, that’s Shuh-TONE-uh HAVE-ig). Yeah. Just work with me here. I should have used a pseudonym, but when you grow up with a name like Chautona, it kind of sticks.

Let us hold fast the confession o

Great Lakes (1 books)