Start by marking “Of Sand and Stone: A Time Travel Romance” as Want to Read:
Of Sand and Stone: A Time Travel Romance

Of Sand and Stone: A Time Travel Romance

She was destined to save his heart of stone...
Bookish museum curator Rebecca Clark has given up on dating. Real life men aren’t nearly as perfect as the men in the paintings and statues she sees every day at her job. But one night she whispers a prayer to the universe to send her the perfect man. She had no idea a goddess is listening…

Devon Blake was Regency London’s mos
Published November 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Of Sand and Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Sand and Stone

Claire Robinson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 - "Who knew it would be such a blessing to be cursed..." Stars!

Another absolutely stellar albeit quick read from Lauren Smith.

Of Sand and Stone reminded me a little of the film; Kate & Leopold in the way Devon reacted to modern technology. Being frozen in stone for 200 years, as you would expect the advancement of everything from electricity to the mobile phone came as quite a shock.

Real men don’t look like this

I had Hugh Jackman in my head the whole time I was reading, which let’s face
Lauren Smith
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
What did I love about writing this short story? Well this was my first foray into time travel romances. Of course rather than do the standard girl goes back in time and falls in love, I asked myself, what if...the guy jumps forward in time? And that's how the story of sexy Regency bad boy Devon Blake ends up in the modern day.

I also loved blending a historical romance character in the present and having him react to all of our modern technology. It was a real hoot to write! And it was really in
Christina
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ooooo, this was so sweet! Yes, it's short. But the undertone of the story is just perfect.

Rebecca works for a museum. A shipment comes in for the new exhibit and she finds herself staring at the life size statue. She's been with different men over the years, and still finds herself alone and unsatisfied. That is, until she finds a naked man laying on the floor of the new exhibit.

Devon has been frozen in sand and stone for over two hundred years. Why? Because he took advance of a goddess, only
 B.E.Love
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it

I had every intention of reviewing this book, and a few others but I got sick and my reading slowed down and i forgot all about reviewing them.

This one started out really interesting but there wasn't enough story in this one. I wish the storyline had gotten more time because I think this book would have been excellent.
Debbie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this quick little time-travel romance story. It was well-written, drew me in right away, and kept me reading right through to the end.
The hero, Devon Blake, angers the goddess Aphrodite by being a selfish rake and seeking solely his own pleasure in his romantic encounters. She turns him into a statue- cursed to remain that way for 200 years.
The heroine, modern-times museum curator Rebecca Clark, is setting up an exhibit when Aphrodite decides that Devon’s time as a
Anna
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Modern woman meets Ancient Rogue! Cute storyline and fun characters. Concept is upsetting the goddess of love is really interesting!
K.K.
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well written and rather short but very fun and cute read.

Brenda
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

She was destined to save his heart of stone...

Devon Blake was Regency London’s most wicked lover but when he sleeps with the wrong woman and leaves her unsatisfied, he finds himself c
Monique
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Museum curator Rebecca Clark has had nothing but bad luck when it comes to men; the prettier they are, the worse they are; she would want nothing more than finding the elusive Mr. Right. One evening, admiring the museum’s most recent acquisition, a gorgeous statue of a most handsome man, Rebecca’s wishes come true, or do they?

Time-travel romances do not usually pique my interest, however OF SAND AND STONE sounded different, and is it ever! Lauren Smith ha
Janet
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Clark is a museum curator & has given up on dating because she’s found men to be selfish. Devon Blake was Regency London’s most wicked lover but then he slept with Aphrodite the Goddess of love & left her unsatisfied so she cursed him & for two hundred years he’s been trapped in a marble statue, Aphrodite gives Devon one chance to redeem himself or he’ll face an eternity of made of stone. He must prove he can satisfy a woman’s every desire without satisfying his own for a wee ...more
Kim
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, time-travel
Love, love this time travel romance from Lauren Smith. This short, sweet novella is the story of Rebecca, a shy, geeky museum curator who has given up her struggle to find a nice guy, and Devon Blake, one of London's most notoriously selfishly arrogant rakes.

Devon, in his quest for pleasures regardless of their repercussion, foolishly angered Aphrodite & is cursed into a stone statue which miraculously turns up in Rebecca's new exhibit. Aphrodite releases him from his prison of 200 years to
Lori D
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What could be more delightful to a modern girl to have a handsome rake from Regency times drop into your lap? Not much I can think of except to go back to Regency times! Rebecca Clark was so over dates with guys just did not measure up to her expectations. Working at the museum, she was always seeing the perfect man portrayed in the statues and paintings.. Well by a magical twist, one of the statues comes to life! Devon Blake, one of Regency London's most notorious lovers, finds himself released ...more
Kerry Smith
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from ebook discovery. This is my honest, freely given review.

I really loved this book, with it's well fleshed out characters and descriptions Lauren has written a great book that is difficult to put down.

Our poor heroine is a little shocked when the statue that has been delivered allegedly comes to life... can she trust what the man she finds in the rubble says? Our hero is shocked to learn where and when he is. When told what he must do to stay has he grown enough
Irene S
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting time travel romance… Devon had been turned into a statue by Aphrodite for being a selfish lover in a former life. Rebecca, a curator at the museum, who has her more than her share of selfish lovers, wishes for a true love. Aphrodite gives Devon a second chance with Rebecca. This is a sweet well written romance. Though it has a few explicit scenes, it doesn't dwell on them. This is a fun, lighthearted story. i enjoyed it very much.
Chris McFarland
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A time travel romance with a twist. Instead of going back in time, the story involves a regency rake ending up in modern day America. His attempts to navigate the modern world ranged from cute to down right hilarious. And just when a question came up about a plot hole, that question was answered and the hole was closed. Nothing better than a steamy historical romance with a modern attention to detail. Loved it!
Carol
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I’ll confess that I am not a fan of time travel plots. I can count on one hand those I truly enjoyed.
So, guess I’ll move to my next hand as I absolutely Loved this book!!!
Devon’s reactions to 21 century gadgets and most haves was so much fun!
Rebecca was special as she is a romantic even after all the frogs she kissed.
I even like the Goddess!
A fun read! The plot and characters will linger. This will be a reread when a special pick me up is needed!!
Cecilia Rodriguez
A modern version of the myth of: Pygmalion and Galitia.
In 1816 London, Devon Blake, the 5th Earl of Richmond angers the goddess Aphrodite, who turns him into a statue.
200 years later, in Mistlethwaite, thirty-two year old Rebecca Clark is about to give up on romance when she discovers a very realistic statue.
Maggie Whitworth
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋💋
A lovely time travel romance spanning 200years
Aphrodite has turned our hero Devon into a marble statue for failing to satisfy her and other women before taking his pleasure .
He’s is released to redeem himself , but can he love Rebecca as she deserves
Another beautiful peace of writing from Lauren .
I received a copy of this book and chose to submit a review
Delicious, romantic, swoony, clever, and funny. Even in a short novella, Smith put a lot of great things in it. Rebecca is sweet, though a bit jaded. Devon was a selfish rake in his time, but the punishment of a goddess and Rebecca's care and affection may inspire him to do better. Loved this story!
Tricia Adams
Excellent

This time romance story has every element in it for a deliciously quick read. Devon and Rebecca's love story is one that I could read over and over again. The little snip it on Goddesses Aphrodite ads to this delicious read. Enjoy
SuzyHD
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pleasure To Read

Delightful time travel romance story. Very well written with interesting thought out characters. I loved the twisted turn of events at the end. You totally have to love the next door neighbor.
Shanti Redwine
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So Romantic!!!

Oh! I just LOVED this book! Almost like a modern fairytale packed with romance and steamy scenes. If you love steamy romances that also address the right way men should treat women, then this book is perfect for you!
Chris
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually into time travel romance but this one has a different twist than most.
It's a good short read, I recommend this book and would read something else from this author.
"I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review."
Kathy Bunbury
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Everything you want in a fantasy time-traveling book lover! A progressive reformed rake that has learned his lesson and is willing to shake off the chauvinism of the Regency for love - sigh! Swoon worthy!
Angie
Short and sweet sweet.
Diana Wilson
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Sure wish it was longer, or that there were other stories in a series. Glad to have found a new author!
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
At first glance, a time travel romance might seem a little silly. But if you're willing to enjoy this for what it is, then Of Sand and Stone is a great quick read. It is only a short story, but like any of Lauren Smith's shorter books, it always leaves me wanting a bit more.
I've read a few time travel novels where the heroine travels back in time, this time though, our hero finds himself frozen and wakes up two hundred years later in modern-day America. Not only has Devon got a short amount of
Kristy
rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: link to author profile 3 14 Oct 19, 2017 05:08PM
Lauren Smith is a USA Today Best-Selling author and an Oklahoma attorney. She knew she was destined to be a romance writer when she attempted to re-write the entire Titanic movie just to save Jack from drowning. Connecting with readers by writing emotionally moving, realistic and sexy romances no matter what time period is her passion. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres includi ...more