Start by marking “Dreams of Darkness (The Forsaken Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreams of Darkness (The Forsaken Chronicles, #1)

Dreams of Darkness

(The Forsaken Chronicles #1)

Warning: This dark urban fantasy contains scenes of violence. Reader discretion is advised.

Waking with horrific injuries in a hospital, Adara can’t recall her past. Who is she? And more importantly what is she? Her only hints come during her nightmares.

Dark dreams that are forgotten when she wakes.

Having amnesia doesn’t stop danger from stalking her. She attracts the att
Published July 18th 2018 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Dreams of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams of Darkness

Rosebud
The world isn't ready to know about supernaturals but they exist regardless.

Logan, Alpha of the town's Lycan population, is always on guard making sure his pack is safe. On routine patrol, Logan scents out death, the type of death that only come from zombies. Resigned to the fact he will need to do a clean up of the zombie and it's victim, Logan is amazed that the intended victim is still alive. Disposing of the zombie is the easy part as Logan's inner wolf decides the female needs his personal
Kira

This was okay at best. The story was unoriginal. That would have been alright if the characters had been interesting. I never really connected with them although if I had to pick a favorite it would be Logan. It would have been better if more of it had been from Adara's POV. Most of it was from Logan and Titus's POV. Their thoughts were repetitive at times and focused too much on their feelings for Adara. IMO the focus should have been on the mystery of who and what Adara is.

Adara attra
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Dreams of Darkness by Eve Langlais

1st in The Forsaken Chronicles. Cliffhanger.
Dark paranormal urban fantasy. Small bites of humor in the characters. Violence included but not overly detailed. A squeamish moment or two for sure.
Definitely Not a romance.

Adara doesn’t know who she is and if she tries to remember her past she feels debilitating pain She dreams. “She would never escape her dreams of darkness.”

Two would be heroes try to save and protect her: Logan, the wolf pack alpha, and Titus, a
Annie
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Great start to a new series. A dark urban fantasy, with Zombies, Lycans, Vampires, necromancers and demons.
Adara is a frail women plagued by nightmares, black outs and amnesia. Logan is a lycan alpha, leader of his pack. He and his wolf are drawn to Adara, after saving her from a zombie attack. He doesn't know what she is, she's not human and not any other paranormal being that he knows. He is determined to protect her.
Titus is an old and powerful vampire, master of the city. He is d
Rebecca
Jul 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This is the first of her books that I have ever actively disliked. Some spoilers - First of all it ends on a cliff hanger??? WHAT is the deal with that!!! I hate cliffhangers and I do not buy Kindle books except to read a complete story beginning, middle, and end and most important a HEA!!! Normally this would not be an issue because I don't buy those kinds of books but I have never read one of her books before that ended in this manner and I was NOT expecting it. Second, I can handle the potent ...more
Niki
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story, really kept me guessing

Adara is such an enigma. Beautiful but pitiful, strong, but terrified, broken but... not. This entire story help my attention from the first word and has me near begging for more. What happened to her? WHY is she forsaken? WHO is she really? And that epilogue! I’m dying to learn more! Very well written, creative, and different from all the others, Eve Langlais has delivered the first in a promising new series, and I’m already hooked!
Melanie
Review originally posted at BooksOfMyHeart.net.

I’ve been a huge fan of Eve Langlais for many years now, I think it goes back to like 2010 or so. I’ve read so many books by Eve (according to Goodreads, I’ve read 67 of her books, but some might be different editions of the same book, like print versus audiobook). Anyway, I really like Eve (and she’s even more fun in person. If you can go to a book con she’s at, please do look her up, you won’t regret it).

Eve Langlais is one of my top go-to authors
Nancy Wege
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A dark and gripping tale of a woman with no past, a werewolf who craves her, and a vampire who desires her. Adara is on her own, holding down a barely-getting-by job at night in a bad part of town; living in an apartment that should have been torn down years ago. She remembers the institution she was in, and she remembers the doctor who is still helping her – but is helping her to remember or to forget?

Logan keeps the streets safe in his town. He is the local wolf pack alpha, and the denizens of
Miranda Beazley
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adara has lost her memory, treated in an asylum and then allowed entrance into the world. Her mind tells her to forget the weird and unusual and every night she dreams of terror so great it leaves her mentally scared. Until a wolf and a vampire enter her life and change it completely, for better or worse is yet to be seen.

This book is darker than other books written Eve Langlais and discretion is advised for readers who can suffer triggers. However that being said I absolutely loved it. There’s
Loriidae
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Very Dark with cliffhanger. Compelling writing with memories / nightmares of abduction, mass rape and institutional abuse.
Gizzie
Love the book but its kind of a cliff hanger.
ZETTER
Rediscovery!!!

Logan O'Conaill, the Alpha of his pack and a wold shifter found a badly injured a beautiful woman while he was out patrolling his city one night. He knew she was attacked by a zombie. He was also drawn to her in a way he had never been before. His inner animal claimed her as theirs.

Adara woke up to find herself with horrific injuries in the hospital with no recollection of what happened to her. She didn't know who she was or what she was, all she had were nightmares that gave her
Patricia Kearns
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Dreams of Darkness, wow what a book
Not knowing who she is, Adara (a nurse named her) has amnesia.
Nightly her sleep is filled with gruesome nightmares.
She is timid and afraid of everything, constantly telling herself that
every terrifying thing is not real, she imagine it.
A must read for fantasy, action, and mystery lovers.👍
Catherine
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
This book is definitely different from many of this author's light-hearted paranormal HEA's. It also ends on a cliff-hanger as it is only part 1, so if that is not your thing then wait until the series is complete. With that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the story drew me right in. There are so many questions as to what the heroine, Adara, actually is, but the sense of an innate formidable strength has me rooting for her just the same. There are things not right with her though ...more
Michelle
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
CONTAINS SPOILERS

I don't often write reviews but I keep thinking about this book so wanted to write something.

Overall I enjoyed the book but I won't know fully if I'll follow the series until the next book.

This one ended almost as a cliffhanger leaving "who" and "what" the main character Adara is unresolved. Not really a fan of that type of ending - but know it does happen so not the end of the world.

Characters are well written as always with Eve Langlais, however I'm slightly concerned about th
Dar
I’ll admit it, I didn’t read the blurb before starting this book, and part of me was happy about that. As the story unfolded, as the mysteries built, and the characters encountered new problems, I was right there with them. The seemingly omniscience of Titus is called into doubt by the end. The infallibility of Logan, flawed at pivotal points. Adara, we learn why she is, but not who, and her pain radiates at us, and is completely justified. Dark and evil things lurk and grab, and it is infiltrat ...more
gremlin
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I debated 2 stars or 3 stars for a while, but so far the problems outweigh the enjoyment. Maybe later books will change that.

For me, the biggest issue is that this seems like only part of a story. A series has an overall story, but you still expect each book to have its own complete story arc. While there was growth for the main character, to me it felt like it just stopped in the middle of the story. I'd probably just suggest waiting until the whole series is done so you can get the whole thing
Livey
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suffering from a horrendously tragic attack on her body and psyche, this young amnesiac seemed to be the target of every evil plot of the book. Half riddles are provided by each villain/champion amounting to only her faulty returning memory and an inner sense to determine who was friend or foe. Gotta get the next one in the series. Eve has done it again come up with a quirky combo in a new “worldscape”.
B
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didnt-finish
I was intrigued by the premise of the book, but it was too slow for me and the characters’s chemistry stunted. I did not finish it, but I appreciated the author’s attempt at writing for a younger audience.
Diane Selander- maglioli
Dreams

Wow!! Although this book didn't have this author's usual funny side to her story, it was so riveting and suspenseful. The strength of the characters and their personalities will draw you into the story and make you feel you are part of the scene. Great!! Loved it!!
Natalie panda eyes
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Dark, OTT and trouble in the future. I'm gonna say out of all Eve's books I've read so far, this one I liked the least. I liked the vampire and wolf back and fourth frenemies, the servant was a pain. Did end on a cliff hanger but I won't be reading the next one.
Tania
Jul 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Needless to say I won't read the rest of this series. This book was way too long and Adara's wimp to warrior demeanor was giving me a whiplash. I almost dnf this book so many times, but I pushed through it till the damn clinfhangery end!
Khairun
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical paranormal romance but it keep you intrigued. Can't wait for the next one
Luisa Felice
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5- 3* not what I've come to expect from her. I didn't love this book
Polly
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good and unusual read.
Gowri
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very mysterious and catching
Chelsea
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooooooo good! A little to short but I'm hooked & cant wait to see what happens next!
Joyousmoi
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I wonder .....
Janet Rodman
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Larissa
Took me a bit to finish this book - I liked the premise but it just didn't grab me. It does end on a cliffhanger and I don't mind those. I'd like to see how their story ends.

• Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
  • Their Wicked Future
  • Quantum (Red Rock Alien Mail Order Brides, #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #4)
  • Bell Ringers
  • Ravenous Virtue (To Protect and Service #1)
  • In Flames
  • Dark Strength (Refuge, #3)
  • Everwylde (The Kindred, #2)
  • Paris Secrets Trilogy (Paris Secrets, #1, #2 & #3)
  • Double Score
  • Death's Storm (The Divinities, #2)
  • Christmas Ever More (A Lady Forsaken, 4)
  • Captured (Wolf in Exile Part I)
  • Guardian Unraveled (Fallen Guardians #3)
  • Diverted Heart
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • Beautifully Used (The Beaumont Brothers, #2)
  • The Reaping: Arctic Wolves Novella
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali

The Forsaken Chronicles (3 books)
  • Awake in Shadows (The Forsaken Chronicles, #2)
  • Kiss of Light (The Forsaken Chronicles, #3)