Start by marking “Down on Me (Man of the Month, #1)” as Want to Read:
Down on Me (Man of the Month, #1)

Down on Me

(Man of the Month #1)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B076BTFCZ2

Tight muscles. Vibrant Ink.
Meet Mr. January. Winter’s never looked so hot…

Certified bachelor Reece Walker wants two things — to save the local bar he manages and to get Jenna Montgomery into his bed.

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 250 pages
Published January 16th 2018 by Martini & Olive

To ask other readers questions about Down on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Down on Me

Start your review of Down on Me (Man of the Month, #1)
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

J. Kenner introduces us to her brand new series Man of the Month and boy Mr January is mighty fine… I’m a huge sucker for the friends to lovers’ trope, in fact it probably is my all-time favorite trope. I love the anticipation, the angst and seeing how relationships can move and change from friendships to so much more.

Reece, Brent and Jenna have been the absolute best of friends for most of their lives, the Three Musketeers as they were sometimes referred to. They know everything about each oth
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Let me tell you, it was not a hardship picturing Reece as the guy on this cover. I would buy the paperback just for that cover! It helps that I loved the story as well.

This is a friends to lovers story between Reece and Jenna. They are part of a trio that grew up together. It’s always been Reece, Jenna and Brent, best friends forever. However, lately Reece and Jenna have been feeling more than just friendliness. Thinking the feelings are one sided and too scared to break up the trio, they both
Kate
4ish stars.

Overall and surprising enough an enjoyable read. See spoiler for why it shouldn't have been.
I had a lot of fun with this book. It is upbeat with some angst but very entertaining.

Reece, Brent & Jenna have been best friends since childhood. Only 8 months ago things changed. Reece sees her for what she is. A beautiful woman. Not quite willing to take that step he lets it drop and she leaves the next day for LA.

Jenna has come back to Austin it didn't quite work out in LA. She comes hom
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: J. Kenner Fans, Romance
3.5 Austin, TX, Friends and Lovers Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Down on Me (Man of the Month, #1) by J. Kenner delivers exactly what it promises. A start of a new series with the pull of a new couple to root for every month. In this first entry we are given the relationships of the main players, how they have become this solid group of family and friends and learn of the the bar, The Fix, and how the original owner is in trouble.

J. Kenner has the skills to pull you in from the start... maybe no
Sofia Lazaridou
Jan 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: worst-hero-ever
*A little bit spoilery, but I have to rant*

You know what bugs me the most? That I dropped everything to read this book as soon as it arrived on my kindle. I am a huge fan of J. Kenner and I wanted to read this book so bad. Then Reece happened and he ruined the book. Wanna know why? Because he slept with Meghan in the first paragraph of the book. We got to read that and after their horizontal dance he took her out for a drink, where Jenna found them. As if that wasn't enough later we learn that R
Sanaa
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was an okay read. Which sucks because I love J. Kenner's work. But I was bored and I started to skim. Meh. It might just be the case of 'it's me not you.' I just felt like there was a bit of unnecessary drama that could have been avoided at the end.

But that's not to say I didn't love the characters. Because I did. Especially Jenna. She was badass, in my opinion. I absolutely adored her.

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with me. Ever since I started reading M/M I've had dif
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

5e7af45ca0c6c63e25f53d5800398c

This January… J. Kenner introduces a new man that will have you saying helloooooo Reece Walker!!! If you are a fan of friends to lovers romance, Down on Me will have you swooning and blushing. This is one of those quick romances that explores how two friends decided to finally act and explore on their attraction to one another and at the same time save a local bar. So if you are looking for a romance that was sizzling, sexy, and loads of f
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 2.5*

Friends to lovers
Hero realized he had feelings for the h 8 months before but he couldn't go there and ruin the friendship yadda yadda yadda so after months of celibacy he decides to be woth another woman when the h comes home so he'll not cross any lines. We know he enjoyed sex with the woman which isn't descriptive but clear he had a time
Eventually they confess that they each had feelings for each other for a little while now
I didn't think enough time was spent on the romanc
Coco.V
Jul 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on iBooks today (7/13/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Tight muscles. Vibrant Ink.
Meet Mr. January. Winter’s never looked so hot…

He has a few ideas for the bar. But Jenna... well, he’s going to have to rely on cold showers, because she’s been his best friend for years, and that’s a line he just can’t cross.

Until one wild kiss on a dark night changes everything. Now Reece is certain Jenn
BleuBelle
Spoilers ahead:

The decision to read this book took me out of my comfort zone. I don't like "friends to lovers" romances. They just don't interest me and I don't want to read about a MC (typically the male) who has tons of relationships/women and the other MC (typically the female) who has very few romantic interest if any. All the while they have to "see" the other all the time with different dates and so on. Just not my thing.

But this book was written by J. Kenner. And I loved her "Most Wanted"
nicklein
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
2 books in one day. I’m on a roll.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
I’m super excited about J. Kenner’s new Man of the Month series and Down on Me was a great start to the series!

Reece and Jenna have been best friends for years—neither has tried to move their relationship beyond that because their friendship has been too important. Until they just can’t deny their feelings any longer! I loved their best-friends to lovers story! I truly enjoyed their characters and their concern about the potential harm to their friendship. And how their relationship may affect t
April Symes
DOWN ON ME by J. Kenner is book One in the "Man of the Month" series. This is Reece Walker and Jenna Montgomery’s story. Reece, Jenna and Brent have been BFF for more than majority of their lives yet Reece and Jenna have started lately to feel more than friendship. Reece has had to fight the attraction he started to feel for Jenna and he thinks she doesn’t feel the same. He doesn’t want to break up the trio’s tight friendship on his feelings that he now feels for Jenna, not realizing that she , ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Thank you Netgalley for the book. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I was underwhelmed and overwhelmed by this at the same time.

It was underwhelming because while the synopsis was promising, it fails to deliver. Perhaps I was expecting too much? Another reason why I was underwhelmed with this story is connected to the very reason why I was overwhelmed by it.

Too many characters. Too many names. At one point I felt like I need a mind map to recall who
Siobhan
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Down on Me is the first book in J. Kenner’s Man of the Month series, and it’s a wonderful start to what promises to be a collection of novels that will grip me until they are all out. Each novel features a favourite trope from romance, with Down on Me starting us off with the friends to lovers trope. It’s an oldie, but a goodie – there’s a reason it gets used so often and us romance lovers continue to enjoy it.

I will admit to the story being somewhat predictable. You know it’s a friends to love
Erin Lewis
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review Down On Me (Man of the Month #1) by J Kenner
J Kenner is a relatively new author to me as I have only ever read one other book and honestly I have no idea why.
This is the story of Reece Walker, a confirmed bachelor and Jenna Montgomery, a woman he has know most of his life and has lusted over for many months; a friends to lovers story.
Down On Me is not a long book, but boy does it cover a lot of ground. Fast paced, I was riveted from the first chapter; I loved the blurb for the book
Silvy_1309
Courtney
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Down on Me is Kenner's first novel in her new series, Man of the Month. And she wastes no time in getting us right into the thick of the story.

Reece and Jenna have been friends forever. However, one night before she leaves for LA, they both find themselves feeling more for another than friendship. But neither says a word to the other in fear of ruining a great friendship.

On top of the sexual tension that these two battle throughout the book, they are both trying to help save their local bar from
Sissy's Romance Book Review
DOWN ON ME by J. Kenner is book One in the "Man of the Month" series. This is the story of Reece Walker and Jenna Montgomery.
Reece, Jenna and Brent have been best friends since school. But Reece and Jenna have been starting to feel more than friendship. Reece has acknowledge it to himself but doesn't want to ruin their friendship. But things are starting to heat up and their feelings can't be ignored. There is some back story with the secondary characters. I can't wait for more books in this se
Wit & Wonder Books
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Known for her Stark Trilogy, J.Kenner has developed a brand new series that will definitely turn heads, inspire one clicks and be top sellers for sure. Her work is recognizable around the world and I am sure her Man of the Month series, beginning with Down on Me, will pave the way for the rest of the books that are yet to come. Each book within the series will have a different trope to it, all while encompassing the same plot.

Three
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

If Down on Me is a reliable indication, I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this 12 book series! There was a bit of information overload - but I suppose that's to be expected since this is the jump off for a fairly expansive series and the author had to introduce characters and the setting. As someone who has worked extensively in the food and beverage industry, I REALLY love the setting of The Fix and its place in the Austin, TX
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

3.5 Stars

Reece and Jenna are friends, the kind of best friends who know all there is to know about one another, the friends you call when you are stranded on the side of the road at 3am.

But, what they don't know is that they are each in love with the other, and want more than just the friendship, as great as it is.

Then, the issues with The Fix draw them together in a way that is different than before, and all of a sudden the attraction becomes mor
Tracy
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book a of a series, Down on Me was a fun, quick read. While I was turned off a bit from Reece at first, I absolutely loved Jenna. It was easy to come around with him, but it took a bit to get there.

Jenna spearheads a campaign to help save the bar Reece works for. I loved her tenacity and drive. That, combined with her personality, its easy to see why Reece carries a torch for her.

Down on Me was interesting and easy to get into. There was a lot of characters, I'm looking forward to th
BookSmacked
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Down On Me was a good read and I definitely enjoyed the storyline.

This Friends to Lovers romance has some great moments of hot chemistry between Reece and Jenna. Their story has them fighting their feelings not wanting to wreck the great friendship they have

Reece is definitely a character that will leave you hot for him and Jenna is one of those girls that just seems to fit in and be friends with everyone. Their attraction, their devotion to one another as friends and their constant l
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 Total Down Stars!!

Down on Me was my second book by J Kenner and I absolutely loved this book. When I saw that she was doing a serious about the 12 calendar men I got so excited and Down on Me didn't let me down at all. Reece and Jenna's story will draw you in right from the very first chapter.

Jenna and Reece have been friends ever since they were children. However those friend feels change after Jenna's last night in town before moving to LA. With the distance Jenna and Reece believe they can
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Best friends forever, right? The Three Muskateers. "Or three blind mice, depending on your point of view."

I was so excited when I heard about the Man of the Month series. Knowing that I had 12 books to look forward to and a collection of characters that I would become attached to and be able to spend time with rates high with me. After seeing this first cover for #MrJanuary I suffered a severe case of #CoverLust and expect my symptoms to recur for each month that follows.

I was thrown right
Shannon
Down on Me
Man of the Month, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: Wanted a quick listen.

The Characters:

description

4 Stars
Karen Sedgman
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first read by J.Kenner and won't be my last! Reece, Jenna and Brent have been best friends forever but Reece has a thing for Jenna, l think Jenna also has a thing for Reece! Awesome story and awesome ending!
Kenya Wright
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story. I don't know if I'm sold on the series, but it's more my preference verses the writing. Loved the characters and flow.
Kim
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read J. Kenner before and decided to take a chance when I saw a post for her Man of the Month series. Down on Me is book number one and I was pulled in from the start of the book!

We immediately meet Reece who is trying to forget about the one girl he wants, Jenna, while having a little fun with someone else. Reece has been feeling a certain way about his lifelong friend recently but knows that if could potentially mess up the trio of besties, Brent, Jenna and Reece.

Brent, Jenna and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Moi, mon chat, mes kilos en trop (et les exploits sexuels de mon voisin)
  • The Sexy One (One Love, #1)
  • The Wild One (Corisi Billionaires, #2)
  • Anyone But Nick (Anyone But... #3)
  • Rascal (Rascals #1)
  • Whiskey Secrets (Whiskey and Lies, #1)
  • A Little Consequence (Texas Firefighters, #2)
  • Very Irresistible Playboy (Billionaire Bachelors, #1)
  • Chez toi ou chez moi?
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • One Wicked Night
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Finding Him (Covet, #2)
  • Love on a Summer Night (Pine Harbour #4)
  • Vow of Retribution (Vow, #1)
  • Stone Hard SEALs (Stone Hard SEALs, #1-2)
  • For the Win (Wynn Hockey, #4)
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and #1 International bestselling author of over one hundred novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New Y

Man of the Month (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hold on Tight (Man of the Month, #2)
  • Need You Now (Man of the Month, #3)
  • Start Me Up (Man of the Month, #4)
  • Get It On (Man of the Month, #5)
  • In Your Eyes (Man of the Month, #6)
  • Turn Me On (Man of the Month, #7)
  • Shake It Up (Man of the Month, #8)
  • All Night Long (Man of the Month, #9)
  • In Too Deep (Man of the Month, #10)
  • Light My Fire (Man of the Month, #11)