Start by marking “My Enemy Next Door” as Want to Read:

We used to be close.
We used to be best friends.
Until we became enemies all over again...

Courtney Ryan ruined our on and off again friendship with one swipe of her sexy, red pen. After the final rude message she wrote in my yearbook, I decided that we didn't need to see each other anymore. (But if we ever did, I would show her exactly why I had every reason to be "cocky,"
Published January 11th 2018 by Nicole London & Whitney G.

To ask other readers questions about My Enemy Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Enemy Next Door

Start your review of My Enemy Next Door
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
This was a cute read and I enjoyed it, but I felt kind of detached from the characters and the story, honestly. Something was missing, but I can’t really put my finger on what. It just felt rushed and incomplete somehow.

Still...even though it didn’t blow me away, a decent enough second chance romance in general. Just not my favorite from this author.
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****THREE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

MY ENEMY NEXT DOOR is a ”second chance/enemies-to-lovers romance. Jace Kennedy and Courtney Ryan were once high school sweethearts whose romance began when they were both sentenced to detention. Due to unknown circumstances, the two broke up soon after Jace went off to college but ten years later they wind up working for one of New York’s most prestigious law firms.

Their reunion is not a joyous one. It appears that both Jace and Courtney
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'E.N.E.M.Y' Stars!
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Well, I surely had a surprise when Whitney announced a new book coming so soon. And now I see she has decided to enter the world of collabs, I could not be more excited about it! I have to confess I haven’t read anything by Nicole London but I really enjoyed my introduction to her. What better way than with a sexy enemies-to-lovers short story featuring lawyers as main characters? Heck yeah, you know how much
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
2.5 Stars.

This story had so much potential. The characters are cute. The dialogue was pretty good. The plot was interesting. However, even with all that, it was too short. It needed more detail, and the ending was abrupt. I get wanting to put out a fast hitting, sexy read. I love those kinds of books. And I know that Whitney G. can write those reads with depth, this just didn’t have it. That said, it’s cute. It’s fine for an afternoon read. But it could have been great if it just had MORE to it.
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
It's cute, and this would be a nice quick read if you're looking for a second chance romance, but it was too short for it to become more. As always, the writing is engaging, but there wasn't enough time to give depth to the conflict and the Jace and Courtney's relationship. There wasn't enough time to become fully invested in the couple. There was so much potential though. I have to say that with what I saw, Jace and Courtney seemed to have an adorable relationship in the past.

I might write a
Carvanz
I love a good enemies to lovers story and this was a great one!

Jace and Courtney were once prisoners of after school detention during Jace’s senior year. Through sheer charm and determination he breaks through Courtney’s walls and they become best friends, and then more than friends. Now ten years later, they are reunited in their workplace. What follows was some of the cutest revenge pranks I’ve read in a long while. Making things even more interesting they are neighbors and they both set
Sophia Triad
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I'm Jace Kennedy."
"Do you know the rules of personal space, Jace Kennedy?"

Well, this story is definitely cute and undoubtedly sweet.

-It is a second chance romance, because both of the main characters still after almost 10 years have feelings for each other and when they meet again their fire still burns.

-It a kind (not a very strong) enemies to lovers romance. Courtney tries to hate Jace and organizes pranks to get rid of him, but she normally fails because
1. Jace fights back with his own
Snow
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

*drops everything*

ENEMY (noun):
A guy who pretends to be your friend during his senior year of high school after you’ve both been unfairly sentenced to semester-long detention. This guy may also be so goddamn charming and sexy that you end up slowly falling for him, but not before he rips your heart in two and makes you regret ever trusting him. [Please see the definitions of “Asshole” or “Jace Kennedy” for further clarification.]

So, when the heroine of this story presents her 'feelings'
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: My Enemy Next Door
Author: Whitney G. -Nicole London (
Publication: January 11th 2018
ღ Enemies to lover’s romance. Second Chance romance.

Courtney Ryan was the goody shoe back in high school, she had her mind set on going to law school. but Miss goody shoes decided to cover for her bestie(Genevieve) & end up doing 72 days of Detention
10 years later Courtney is promoted to the junior-lawyer & will work under a new Senior Associate

"NEMESIS, AGAIN "(It also stands for new friend, as
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!

photo IMG_4574_zpsyuyxzf7g.jpg

Jace Kennedy & Courtney Ryan first met in detention at Blue Harbor High School. They were best friends, & each other’s first love. A misunderstanding leaves them both with a broken heart, and blaming the other for the end of their relationship. They both go on to become attorneys graduating from Harvard & Yale at the top of their classes. Jace ends up in Seattle & Courtney in New York.

Jace is ready for a change & a fresh start. He takes a job at the #1 law firm in
Melanie (mells_view)
Puppy love to enemies to lovers!

Pretty good. Second chance romance and enemies to lovers. It’s an enjoyable and well written read. I loved their back story it was sweet. The end isn’t awe inspiring, but the authors wrap it up easily and quickly. All in all a great read if you’re looking for a second chance romance with a bit of sweet first love in the past and sexual tension in the present!
Corina
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

Until this week I had been in a reading slump since LAST year. It started at the end of December, right around my holiday break. I must have DNFed 15 books during that time. It was a NIGHTMARE!!!! But it finally stopped this week.

So, I can say with 100% conviction that this book was a great read.

I was more than pleased with this book. When I found out that Whitney G would be writing a book with Nicole London (whom I have never even heard of - shame on me) I wasn't sure what to think.
Olga therebelreader

I liked this book a lot. The dialogues were delightful and the plot had some nice twists. I liked the humor, which gave me plenty of chuckles, and the lighthearted tone of the book. Whenever Courtney and Jace were together I basically had heart palpitations, it was so romantic! The banter between them had me on the floor laughing. I fell in love with Jace, he was just misunderstood and Courtney had the wrong idea all along.
I would have liked some more closure, though. I felt the
Bookphenomena (Micky)
MY ENEMY NEXT DOOR contained some of my favourite things in one: office setting, hate-love and second chance romance. It was a lot to pull off in a novella length book. This was an okay read for me, with bits I enjoyed and other elements that didn't float my boat.

I kind of liked both Jace and Courtney as individuals, but I struggled with them together. Their hate-love for some reason, didn't grab me and at times annoyed me a little. I did like the mostly present and sometimes past narrative. I
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and cute but short. Wish this author would give a girl an epilogue dammit! Still... the ending wrapped up in a tidy, hfn bow.
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
It's no secret, I love Whitney G. books and this one is no different. I immensely enjoyed this fun little second chance romance. It hit all my hotspots. It's sexy, funny, a tad angsty, and has two fantastic main characters who know what they want and where they're headed in life. Another amazing release!

Where this book (and most of her books) excels is in the character interactions. There's never a dull moment with these two. From the pranks and games they play on each other initial, to the
Dali
A sexy and delectably fun read. I always find myself in a great mood whenever a Whitney Gracia Williams book graces my eReader and this collaboration with Nicole London is no different. I smiled, laughed and fanned myself with the characters’ antics.

In My Enemy Next Door, Courtney Ryan and Jace Kennedy, two ambitious and successful lawyers meet again after a decade when a misunderstanding broke them apart. And now, they’re not just working across the hall from one another, they’re also
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
*sighs* I had SO much hope for this book...but it was just another rushed book by this author. This second chance romance was cute and had SO much potential but I felt so disconnected for some reason...I didn’t feel anything between these characters and just wanted more. I don’t like when the reason characters are separated is miscommunication and could have been solved by talking and that happens in this book. Often times, to me, it feels forced and unnatural...I wish this aspect had more depth ...more
Cristina
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
What?? No! I need one more chapter!
However, it was a nice short read. I liked that the chapters about the past were written separately.
I don't have to many things to say. This is awkward (it doesn't happen so often).
I feel like the cover wasn't a good fit. I pictured Jace a little bit different. That's it.
My favourite quote:
“The inability to let go of something in your past would always affect the arguments in your present.”

Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
FOR GOODREADS

My Enemy Next Door

by Nicole London and Whitney G.
Publication Date: January 11, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Enemies to Lovers)
Cover Designer: Najla Qamber Designs
Model: Jorge Del Rio Romero

Preorder: iBooks

"You are a cocky, arrogant asshole and I sincerely wish you misery for the rest of your life...PS--You weren't *that* damn sexy... "

Those were the last lines I wrote in Jace Kennedy's yearbook before graduating high school.

Enemies from the moment we met, we went out
~♡AB♡~
Why do I love romance stories based on lawyers so much?? I don't know what it is, but I lap them up and this was no exception.

A second chance romance between two high school lovers who reconnect years later, both as lawyers in NYC. Also, it was a love/hate relationship due to their breakup and you know how much I love those, they always have the best chemistry.

My only negative, and the reason I didn't give this a higher rating, is the fact that it all seemed so rushed. It was like the authors
TF
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A cute, quick read with HFN ending. :-)
nikki
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Whitney G has written some of my favourite books, but this one unfortunately fell a little flat. Perhaps because it was fairly short and I felt like the story never really had a chance to get going.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I am giving this one a 3.75. I loved the book. Really loved it.... and then they end was kind of abrupt. Like, I thought I was missing something. Just bam! DONE!! I wanted a between ending!!
Michelle
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!
I can’t help it! I’m a sucker for enemies to lovers books and this was also a best friends to lovers so it was a win win for me:)
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF

Couldn’t hold my interest. Book slump? Likely.

Vaso
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
3,5 stars
~Kristin~
4 Stars
I love a good enemies to lovers story, the banter and barbs are so my sweet spot, throw in that this couple was each other's first love, I'm in! I loved everything about this book, except the drop off ending, it was just so abrupt.
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
What in the actual fuck. That might have been the most ABRUPT ending I've ever read in my entire life and it pissed me off enough to give this only two stars. There was also the fact that I kept thinking this storyline/ the changing perspectives and time jumps reminded me a lot of another book I'd read recently until I got to the end of this ebook and there was an excerpt FOR THAT VERY BOOK BY THE SAME AUTHOR. That made a lot more sense. Sighhhh

---
So here we are a few days later and I wanted to
Alaina
Finally catching up on some reviews while on my delicious lunch break..

My Enemy Next Door was one of those hot man covers.. that just caught my eye. Nothing more or less about it. After diving into this book, I fell in love with the story and the characters. I've also really been digging Whitney G books - so it was common knowledge that I would end up liking someone, or both, characters.

Speaking of them, their names are Courtney and Jace. Oh man, I love their little tit for tat game. They are

• Mr. Popular
  • Resentment
  • Sex, Not Love
  • Gentleman Nine
  • Not So Nice Guy
  • The Beau & the Belle
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Hate Notes
  • xo, Zach
  • Arrogant Devil
  • The Naked Truth
  • Midnight Blue
  • The End Zone
  • The Thing About Love
  • Hidden Seams (Unzipped #2)
  • We Shouldn't
  • Love Online
Whitney G. is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling author. Her books have been published in twelve languages.

Whenever she's not penning a new novel, you can find her blogging about self-publishing at The Indie Tea, drinking hot coffee, or traveling the world in sweater boots.

You can connect with Whitney on Instagram and Facebook.
Instagram: @whitneyg.author