Start by marking “Pride (The Seven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pride (The Seven, #1)

Pride (The Seven, #1)

Pride stripped me of my life, my love, and my freedom. Now, it was driving me to seek revenge, even if administering it cost me everything.

7 authors, 7 novellas, 7 deadly sins.
*** This is Book # 1 in The 7 series ***
5. ENVY by Kerri Ann
6. LUST by FG Adams
7. GLUTTONY - by M.C. Webb
Published October 23rd 2017 by Eralde Publishing, LLC

Start your review of Pride (The Seven, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

description

descriptionAll the covers for this series are basically the same so all my comments will remain the same as well for each book. I like the cover on this one a lot. Obviously, it is a great representation of the story (and series). It has good composition and title work as well.description

description

descriptionThis one was another great read in this collection. Well written and well paced. It was engaging and kept me turning the pages. The one sex scene was hot. No ow/om drama or angst. Both main characters were extremely likable. And
Tam
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this more than 5 stars, I would. PRIDE is part of THE BEST novella series I have EVER read and was my absolute favorite of the 7 novellas, hands down. This kept me fully-engaged and on the edge of my seat, and there were plenty of shocking twists and surprises along the way. The characters are complex and have substance and depth to them. The plot line is well-crafted and simply riveting. Hildreth's command of the English language is better than average, and he seems to care abou ...more
Phyl
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great short story and it packs a punch. The first scene Anna appears in pissed me off it’s amazing what men think is acceptable and quote fun. Anna first meeting with Knox is definitely memorable her Knight in shiny armour to rescue her from stupid drunken men. He’s not what he seems, a kind soul who only uses violence when necessary. This story has inspired me to read the Filthy fuckers series.
Colleen N
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Scott Hildreth and my first MC book. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were well written especially for a novella.

Fisher Knox is a man on a mission who has an unexpected twist when he meets Anna whose in the middle of her own journey. The comfort and compatibility expressed in the writing flowed smoothly. There was just the right amount of sexiness with out being vulgar and overdoing it.

I can't wait to read other books by this author and the re
Misti  Long
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
True to this authors writing style he takes you by the seat of your pants and takes you on an unbelievable ride. From the first word on the page to the last period in the book you know you've just read the best thing ever. Only it's not, because with each book you read it gets better and better.

With each book I read I can always say I'm learning something. Makes wonder where these guys hiding. Then you learn it's just him, the way he is, the way he believes, and no apologies are ever given. So g
Barbara
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is My Zon review :
Always good to read about MC Dudes & this group of Guys are a Favorite of mine :-) Too Freaking Good. LOVED It.
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Fisher Knox has always seen the world in black or white. There is no in between. You are either in the right or in the wrong and, a man’s pride is everything.

Anna McCay was running from an abusive ex. She never could have imagined how bad her day was about to get when her car broke down and she stepped into a bar looking for a bit of help. She knows exactly what would have happened if fate had not brought Fisher Knox into that bar at the exact moment she needed a hero most.

With a busted up car a
MJ
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
Pride is a wonderful companion to the Filthy F**kers series. We get to meet Fisher Knox who saves Anna McKay from being attacked by a bunch of drunken hillbillies in a bar in the middle of Texas. What follows is both of them traveling to the coast of California on his bike, with Fisher newly released from prison and Anna newly released from a bad relationship.

These two fit in the most unexpected of ways, neither of them knowing what the future might hold but determined to find it together. As u
Jessica
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read this story. No form of payment was received.

I loved Pride so far it is my favorite of the 7 sins novellas Mr Scott Hildreth know how to write a story that will pull readers into the characters world.

Anna Marie McCoy walks into a bar looking for a phone to call for help. She walked right into trouble.

Knox walks into the same bar and sees whats going on. Being an Ex Marine he steps in and stops everything.

Pride is the perfect title for this story.

To find out what happens
Christina  Fender
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knox was a marine who spent years in jail. Our story starts just shy of him finishing his term.

Anna is a girl on the run from an abusive ex, when her car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The first place she stumbles into puts her in an even worse position until Knox walks in the door.

Can two people who have been wronged by those that should have taken care of them find happiness, or will pride stop them from getting what they need?

Pride by Scott Hildreth is my very first book I’ve read by
Angela
5 Stars!

Fischer Knox has served time. He has bided his vengeance and he will administer justice as is needed. He will not deviate from him path. It is set, it is absolute. But he didn’t expect Anna Marie Mc Cay to walk into his life. But his pride will not let him deviate, and even Anna can’t know the extent he is willing to go to satisfy it.

PRIDE was an awesome read. This is my first book by Scott Hildreth and I am hooked! Fischer is definitely a badass character that has a past of lies and bet
Judy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading Scott Hildreth books. The hero/leading man is always honorable yet usually a semi-outlaw, and always has a larger than usual cock. The heroine/leading lady is usually pretty, broken in some way, looking for a man who is just like the hero. In this novella, Fisher is an ex-Marine, just getting out of prison. He encounters our heroine, Anna, as she is about to be raped in a bar she walked to when her car broke down. Their adventures culminate when they move into a house right next d ...more
Ciru
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this Scott Hildreth story. It was short but covered Anna and Fisher's story sufficiently from start to finish.

To those who've read the Filthy Fuckers series, some of the characters are included in the end.

My only disappointment was that (view spoiler).

I loved the fact that Scott made it believable that as a woman running from an abusive ex, you can jump onto someone's bike after
Felicia Jones
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Midnight snack

After reading Baker, I needed something to take the edge off. Then I remembered that Pride was waiting in my library. When Knox was introduced, I knew there was something familiar about him,but I couldn't put me finger on it. He and Anna were kindred spirits destined to meet. This story is a prime example of "go with the flow". But there was still something missing. While they were enjoying their new home, the rumble of several motorcycles roared in the neighborhood. Then it hit me
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Pride is something that is hard to swallow! No one wants to be considered weak and Fisher is a man who is far from weak! What I loved about this story is that there are the two sides to fisher! There’s the man who won’t swallow his pride and has made a bad name for himself because of it then there is the side of him that respects woman and the boundaries of society! He won’t hurt anyone unless his lines have been crossed then that’s when his pride gets the best of him!

Amazing story of two lost
Becky Baldridge
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot of story packed into this novella length read. Right from the start, it's obvious that Fisher is a proud man, but what truly endears him to the reader is the total package. He's respectful, almost to the point of being prudish at times, but when the situation warrants, he has no problem doing what needs done. I loved that he and Anna get to know each other on their journey, and when his oh, so sexy side comes out, there's nothing prudish about it. The banter between Fisher and Ann ...more
Melinda  Parker
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pride and Belief

No matter what he writes, Hildreth always delivers.

Fischer is what I'd call a true man. He was a former Marine, true to his word, honest, and forthright. An unfortunate incident left him to pay a huge debt to society, which he did, holding to his beliefs.

Anna is simply trying to leave her past behind. When she goes into the bar for help, she never imagined that while multiple men attempted to break her, one man, Fischer, saved her.

The couple's journey turns into a discovery. Tw
Caroline
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scott-hildreth
7 authors, 7 novellas, 7 deadly sins. Pride is Book # 1 in The 7 series. “Life’s about making decisions and living with the consequences.” Fisher Knox's pride has him staring down the barrel of a gun to defend a woman he doesn't even know. Little do the assailants know, this wouldn't be the first time Fisher has killed a man. Pride stripped him of his life, his love, and his freedom. Now, it was driving him to seek revenge, even if administering it cost him everything… Pride is short, sharp, and ...more
JB's Book Obsession - Jennifer
Awesome story loved it

Fisher Knox and Anna Mcay meet at a time in both their lives when life has dealt them a bad hand. Knox is fresh out of prison and Anna is fresh out of an abusive relationship. Both with no family to speak of circumstances lead them in the same direction. A friendship builds and turns to romance and hot sex. Fisher and Anna are the perfect match. I love how Scott’s stories even a short one like this doesn’t rush to sex. He builds up the characters and the relationship before
Laila Viking
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very well written story that has a great storyline and plot. I flow well and the characters are well described and develops nicely through the story. I like the amazing chemistry and hot scenes (when they finally happen). It made laugh, sigh and cheer for the characters.
Two characters that are made to save each other and help fulfill their happiness. The characters are relatable and likeable. I like the take chances. I also like that Knox is such a gentleman that he waits until he has a stead
Erica
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fisher Knox paid his debt to society, right or wring, and is finally out and intends to get his life back on track.
Anna's down on her luck and ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Knox comes into her life when she needs it most an together an a friendship develops.

Pride is not what I expected from Scott Hildreth but that just adds to my enjoyment of the story. The hero is unmistakable Hildreth but the story/plot was new to me.
As expected though I loved every page of it.
Janice Kidd
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story!!

Fisher Knox, ex-Marine has pride. Sometimes, even though he is a great person, it leads him into trouble.
Anna McCay is running from an abusive boyfriend. She has nothing but the clothes on her back.
What happens when they meet by chance in this bar full of drunks?

Read the book to find out. This is a book you do not want to miss. You will not be disappointed.
Shannon Mcfarland
Knox is the Man!!!

I LOVED pride. The story of Knox and Anna is amazing. I am a big fan of Mr. Hildreth’s work and this book is no exception. He was able to pack a lot of content into a short body of work. The book was even more amazing by the cameo by the FFMC! Loved, loved, loved it!
Milena
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Another great read from Scott! This is a great intro to these stories. As always Scott gives us a hero who is worthy and a strong woman to be involved with. Anna and Knox have great chemistry and when they get together it’s very hot! Loved how it ended and it leaves you wanting to read more from Scott!
Stephanie
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

This was a really good short book, but the ending and the characters there made it great. I love those guys, I love the male characters Hildreth writes, and I love this author. I'll read anything he ever writes. I like some of his books more than others, but each one is worth reading.
Jennifer Lovins
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick read

Get ready for a ride of frustrated characters. He was in the Marines and then seven years in prison. She just got out of an abrasive relationship and was almost assaulted. They take a trip on a Harley. Will they continue to be frustrated or will they get their feet planted and have their way with each other? Will his pride get him sent back to prison?
Ree
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pride goes before a fall... And Fisher falls for Anna, but there's some business he has to take care of first - despite the sweetness that resonates from her.

A short, steamy ride with a proud guy and a girl that's willing to wait.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Mel
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME!!!!!!!

I loved this novella and the fact that it was written by Scott made it that much better!!!!! Then to find that the Filthy Fuckers were included was the cherry on top!!!!!! I love his novels and cannot wait for the next one!!!!!
Mindy McCray
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first title I have read by Scott Hildreth but it won't be the last!!

I had no clue what to expect with this book but was pleasently surprised with this ex military man who's just gotten out of prison. I can't wait to read about Hildreth's MC books!
Nikki Horn
Amazing read!!

Scott Hildreth is one of my favorite authors and his books are always a sure thing. But Pride is one of his finest! I loved the storyline and the connection between the characters. Best part is seeing a glimpse of some friends from the Filthy F**kers!

• Greed (The Seven #2)
  • Sloth (The Seven #3)
  • Wrath (The Deadliest Sin #1)
  • Lust (The Seven #6)
  • Rook (Broken Bows MC, #0.5)
  • Gluttony (The Seven #7)
  • Jingle My Balls
  • Cry Baby
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Unwritten Rules (Filthy Florida Alphas #3)
  • Undertaker (Evil Dead MC, #8)
  • The Body Painter (Master of Trickery Duet, #1)
  • His Girl
  • Lip Smacker
  • Fragments of Your Soul (The Mirror Worlds #1)
  • Diesel (Satan's Fury MC, #8)
  • Her Secret (Bad Influence, #1)
  • Joker (Evil Dead MC, #9)
Scott Hildreth in an international bestselling author. He has written more than fifty novels.

His preferred careers of being a hit man, serial killer, biker, military hero, mafia boss, boxer, vigilante, and tattoo artist will always be favorites, but as writing has become a full-time gig, he must live vicariously through the characters in his books who share his admiration for these professions.

He