Start by marking “Price of Magic (Witch's Bite, #2)” as Want to Read:
Price of Magic (Witch's Bite, #2)

Price of Magic

(Witch's Bite #2)

All magic has a price, and I’m paying it.

I was able to rescue my friend and save the vampire clan I work for, but my actions have attracted the kind of attention I’ve tried my whole life to avoid.

A dangerous vampire shows up at my house uninvited, and with an offer I can’t refuse. He has information on my mother, someone I’ve long believed to be dead. I find myse

Published November 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Price of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Price of Magic

Start your review of Price of Magic (Witch's Bite, #2)
Mara
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Camille
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bite-me
The world and the characters the author created once again gripped me in this installment. The writing was fast-paced and my adrenaline levels were upped.

The one thing that bothered me was Olivia’s behavior. She was too hotheaded and seemed completely defenseless when she had chemistry/was in lust with someone. She knew she couldn’t trust Reilly and still she let him get close.

It’s a pet peeve of mine when a character does this, and it seems to be happening more and more lately. As if women are
Natalia
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review in the last book
TSN ☮
Re-read September 2020
Re-read October 2018

This was just as good as the first book.
These books are quick, fun and with lots of action - and with an amazing heroine.

Can't wait to read the next book!
Runningrabbit
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kicking and Sparking

KU 4.5 stars
This is another great Kindle Unlimited find with a tenacious heroine, a variety of vampires and a throw down of wicked witches. This new series does a stellar job of igniting a dose of freshness into some oft used stereotypes. Although there are a number of typos, I didn't find them overbearing enough to detract from both the quality and impact of the story.
Jennifer Layne
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book review of Price of Magic by Stephanie Foxe ...

This was a great continuation of the story and series ... and whoa the twists that are hiding in this book! I can't wait to read Book 3.

Read it!
Holly
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A quick and fun read with plenty of tension and good worldbuilding. It could have done with an editor to catch the homonyms and such, but it wasn't bad enough to really take from the story. I'll grab book 3 when it's available. This book contained a link that read as though it was supposed to go to book 3, but there's no sign of that being published yet. ...more
Krystyna
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Running might be the only answer

She's trying to get to grips with the magic she stole but is fearful of the representative that is coming to interview her and the others. He's handsome, a cold hearted vampire that will do everything to further the vampire's cause and in particular his sire's standing. Attacks, kidnapping and threats are all aimed at her. Will her heritage come to light? If it does what will it mean for her? Betrayals and heartache stand in her way and an attempt at escaping is t
Melindeeloo
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I was pretty good with this right until near the end. I was intrigued by the mystery of what the leading lady was (view spoiler) With the direction at the end, I probably won't read the next.

From a structure point of view, the first two books are short and the second literally jumps i
Shelly Roke
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Olivia learns more, is it too much?

Olivia is falling down the rabbit hole, finding out things about friends and family that are hard to believe. Reilly, the Vampire Council representative shows up and has an interest in her that Olivia doesn't feel comfortable with. He also offers information on her mother, if she does what he wants. But another group joins the hunt, the JHAPI a government law enforcement group with paranormal and human paired teams. And the hunted isn't what the originally thou
Cheri
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast paced urban paranormal read

Stephanie Foxes' Witch's Bite series continues at lightening speed. There is magic, secret skills and plenty of action as the mystery of Olivia's mother comes to a conclusion and new enemies surface with plans to use her and her strange magic. This book does have a serious cliffhanger that will just whet your appetite for more. Editing was a bit more spotty this time around.
Surreal
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great follow-up to "Borrowed Magic". Olivia Carter continues to beat the odds in solving the mystery surrounding her personal history as well as finding the person who orchestrated her latest disasters at the same time as trying to stay removed from vampiric politics. A strong character juggling attacks from all quarters and somehow stays just far enough ahead to survive while keeping her sass and sarcasm intact! ...more
Spinneretta
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s getting better...

As the storyline in this series progresses, it just gets better!
Olivia is trying to recover from the events of the last book, while figuring out what happened to the one who tried to kill her.
In the meantime, she has to deal with a vampire from the ruling council, friends behaving oddly, and a blast from the past.
By the end of the book, Olivia knows a lot more about herself, and is facing trials she never knew were coming.
Gail Daley
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A good series if you like vampire stories. Unfortunately I don’t. However I did like the heroine. Olivia is smart, gutsy and loyal. I couldn’t make a connection with her though because of her attraction to the vampire. Foxe has built a complex society which resonates as true to itself.
I bought the box set and I did read all of them. FYI every book but the last one ends in a cliffhanger, though so don’t plan on reading any of them either out of order or as a stand-alone.
Rayne
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Inhaling this series - there is no other way to put it. Loving Olivia and her action-filled life. Her search for answers uncovers more than she bargained for. Her need to protect and do what is right lands her in more hot water. People are not who (or what) they seem. All of this and a lot more is rolled into this well-written book. Can’t wait to continue the journey in book 3.
Gabriele Vita
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written, unique take on supernatural elements

Character development is good, story elements woven with great flow and plot twists avoid cliches. The lack of an obvious romantic interest is refreshing for a supernatural novel; the heroine develops and discovers things about herself without interference of other characters in a contrived way.
Feyheart
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of revelations

Many questions are answered. Poor Olivia doesn't seem to have anyone unwilling to ask for too much from her or willing to give anything of themselves. Dangling hope that she can find her mom is cruel. This was still a great adventure. Olivia is more dragged from adventure to adventure than racing towards it tho.
Karen
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
While I enjoyed this book I felt it was a lead in to the third book. This book introduces, Reilly, a vampire from the vampire council who threatens to kill all of her friends if she does not help him. They fight constantly because she wants to do things her way. Of course, this frustrates Reilly no end. She ends up doing things her way and always defeats the bad guys.
David St. Lawrence
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
One Surprise After Another

Reading a Stephanie Foxe story is like riding a roller coaster designed by an AI. There is no place to catch your breath and you hang on desperately waiting for it all to make sense. If it wasn't so entertaining I might have been able to stop reading and get on with my life before I consumed two books.

You have been warned.
Sara Fitzgerald
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps getting better.....

Everything has been kicked into high gear...secrets revealed......friends hurt......old enemies returned...and more magic stolen.
If you thought the first book was good...This one is even better.
Cannot wait to start book 3
Jana Gundy
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

Olivia is really a great character that I enjoy reading. She finally gets answers about her last but it doesn't make her life any easier. I loved the whole book and look forward to the next.
Linda
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome...witches n vamps

This book of witches and vampires is different from the other books I read. I read a few stories. I love this book (series) from you. I will check out all your books. I recommend it.
Tamelen Welsh
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good series. Needs a little editing.

I'm hooked on this series. A few places with mistakes tripped me up, but that is a perv of mine. Nice to find a series that isn't just a tumbled version of an often used storyline. Very exciting!
josie
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secrets don't make friends...

Olivia is quite different. I had a hunch as to how different but never would have imagined what was revealed. The secrets revealed make things that much more twisted and complicated. Can't wait to see what becomes of Olivia in the next book
Dennis Heizelman
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another good read

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are am interesting group. Only issue, if you want to call it that, is the length. Since there afterw now books that is not a major issue. On to #3!!
Aug 30, 2020 rated it liked it
more like 3.25!

so far my fav book of the series: things start picking up and with the arrival of reilly it makes things interesting. though im not sure if i can fully trust him as a male lead, so far his dynamic with olivia makes for a fun read!

liked the development with olivia's powers!
Jenny McNaughton
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really liking this series!
Linda
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nichole
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great second novel

This book picks up right where the first leaves off and Imo is better than the first well done! cant wait for the third
Teri Jackson
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really looking forward to the 3rd book.

• Stolen Trinket (The Chaos Mages, #1)
  • Valhalla Beckons (The Chaos Mages, #3)
  • Blood of the Covenant (The Chaos Mages, #2)
  • Magic Thief (The New York Shade, #1)
  • Honorless (The Chaos Mages, #4)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon #1)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Rogue Magic (Legacy Series #4)
  • Stolen Magic (The New York Shade, #2)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Brimstone Bound (Firebrand, #1)
  • A Ghost of a Chance (The Nightwatch #1)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Fireborne (Raven Cursed #1)
  • Dark Dancer (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #3)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)

Witch's Bite (6 books)
  • Unsteady Magic (Witch's Bite, 0.5)
  • Borrowed Magic (Witch's Bite, #1)
  • Blood Magic (Witch's Bite, #3)
  • Forbidden Magic (Witch's Bite, #4)
  • Witch's Bite #5