Start by marking “Wild Pride (The Kingson Pride, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wild Pride (The Kingson Pride, #1)

Wild Pride

(The Kingson Pride #1)

*This is a Reverse Harem series with graphic scenes, mature language, and mature themes. suitable for ages 18+*
*Full length novel of 100,000 words*

Twenty-three year old Riley Stern has lived in Wild Junction for two years living a mediocre life that she was content with. Just content. It was nothing special and she was alright with that but she desperately wanted more.
T
Published October 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Wild Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Pride

Talltree
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-rh
Sakina Carter
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Now that was a great RH book!

I enjoyed everything about this book. The h was adorable, what I enjoyed about her the most was her common sense. She didn't assume things and she was strong willed.

I loved all her guys and the way they were with not only her but also the dynamics they had with each other.

Definitely worth a read..

Paula
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverseharem
It was ok, there are some words missing though. I still don't know if I like the h or not. For the guys... I didn't feel the "romantic" feelings. However, the author really knows how to write a hot scene.
Laurie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I’m working on a big project with a deadline so of course, in true me-fashion, I was procrastinating as hard as I possibly could. If anyone asks I was researching when I stumbled upon Wild Pride by Kristen Banet, a first time author. Forewarned of editing issues but also intrigued by the reviews stating there is actually a decent story in there, I decided that my “research” should include a detour into Wild Pride.

I’ll start by acknowledging the elephant in the room. I can’t tell you the editing
Bunnycore
Okay so I am on the fence on this one, and this is why. I feel like there was so much going on that I had to stop and go. I know it was an RH and a lot was going on with her meeting the men for the first time. I am going to have to go back through and re-read it. I feel like I was missing something the reason I have given this four stars was that I did finish it and not DNF but I want a mulligan. I am going to take it.
Lauren
Honestly, I'm surprised I finished this book. The first time the heroine meet one of the Kingson pride, he called her stupid within five minutes of meeting her. Descriptions are inconsistent--the first chapter is full of them-overly flowery and heavy handed, while in later chapters, characters are described as 'punk as fuck'. Not being into the punk scene myself, I have *no* idea what, exactly, that is supposed to entail.

There are also editing problems with this edition--occasionally the tense
Rhiannon Chillingworth
I'm torn with how to review this, so maybe 3.5? I LOVE the author's Heart of Shame saga and it's interesting to see how far she has come as a writer since writing this book.

Pros:

I liked Riley. She was a bit passive at the start and a bit whiny, but I understood why and she gets a lot better.

I liked all of the men (Zachary is my favourite), although they are a bit of a stereotypical RH group in the different 'roles' they play.

The story was engaging and the character development worked well. I thi
Siri
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3,5 ish *
This was suprisingly good, i really enjoyed this one and look forward to read the next one.
Billie Smith
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
KRISTEN BANET'S WILD PRIDE

I gave Wild pride 4 out of 5 stars . It was well thought out and represented a different take on the shifter world. Her ending was a little rushed but I think she is well worth reading and will develop as a writer.
Missy Brown
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a a first book from this new author. I just loved this world and the characters so much! I enjoy a good shifter book, and this became one of my faves. Yes there are a few errors, but honestly it doesn’t take away from this awesome story, it’s that good. Our main character is Riley, she has had a rough life. Running from an abusive relationship, she lands in Wild Junction, Colorado . There she makes a home and very few friends, but always keeping to herself. For two years she is fine, until ...more
Anita
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I tried this book because I loved the Redemption Saga by the same author. This one wasn't as good. It's a typical paranormal romance in most ways, just with more men. Also, I was annoyed with what I felt was a story line mistake. If someone was kidnapped, don't you think that person would lock the doors and take personal security seriously after the experience? And if she was threatened in her home a second time, after that, is there any way in the word she would hang out alone in a building lat ...more
Anna
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I can't say that I loved the Wild pride, but it wasn't all that bad either.
The book did have quite a few errors and missing words, but it did not bother me much, I mostly just ignored it.
As for the story itself, it had its good and bad moment.
Slow going at the beginning, but then it picked up the pace halfway through and all sorts of things started happening. So, for me I just had to get through that first part.
The characters I'm not sure about. I do like their personalities, but there were a
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Surprisingly good and hard to put down. The ending half irked me a bit with some of Riley's changes but overall it was steamy (there's a lot left to do with that though....) and I liked all five of the guys. It was a Reverse Harem but not as connected in some ways as another I've read, although they exist in two different pairs that complement each other and the fifth safety and comforting base guy. The cat mix was interesting since they were so different it didnt seem to matter. Some of the pol ...more
Jemimah  Zafoune
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this. It's been on my TBR list for a while and I finally had a bit of space in my reading schedule, plus it's on Kindle Unlimited, so decided to give it a read. I'm so glad I finally did. It's an exciting read full of lots of tension, both kinds. The female MC, Riley is great, she's snarky and sassy and strong. I loved all five guys of the Kingdom Pride, but think Zachary is my favourite. I loved how they're strong and protective of Riley, but also they know to step back ...more
Jane
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I originally read this when it first came out and enjoyed the story but it needed some editing. This has now been fixed and I re read it and without the errors the book read so much more smoothly. You are not getting distracted by the mistakes. I love the main charcetr Riley. She is not one of those poor me characters. She's strong and is a personality all by herself. Sometimes the main female charcetr gets a little lost in an RH novel because of all the men, this doesn't happen in this book. Th ...more
Jasmine King
I’ve read a lot of reverse harem books and they turned out to be ‘good’ NOT ‘great’. There was always something wrong or I didn’t like about a certain thing in the books. Either it was the heroine or the hero/s, or the setting and the story line that bugged me.

NOT WITH THIS BOOK!!!!

The is my favourite reverse harem book series I’ve EVER read. Here are some reasons why:

- The heroine: I adore Riley! She is so funny and has a sharp mouth. She stands up for her self and works so hard to get where
Megan
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
There were a lot of spelling errors... And I am one of the worst spellers of all time. So if I notice it, then it's bad... other than that, the story wasn't terrible. It wasn't great but not terrible.
Lauren Franco
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Probably the best read of the year! Riley and her Pride have a great thing going for them. There is a perfect blend of funny and serious going here ❤❤❤
Scarlett
I loved loved loved this! This is honestly one of the best RH romances I've read this year - it's lengthy but pacey, there's an actual plot to support the romance(s) and don't get me started on the heroes, I might have a bit of an obsession with some of them. I read this in a day and growled at my husband if he interrupted me - I really hope the author has some more up her sleeve because it was fantastic. Yes, there are a few editing errors, but in a book this good it really doesn't matter. More ...more
Wendy
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sorta fence sitting

**Revised 12/17/17**
Much better! I actually got to sink into the story this time, without being kicked out because of all the issues. There are still a few missed ones, but nothing to bad. Thank you, cause I really did like the story and now I can actually enjoy it!

**Original**
So, I liked the story BUT the whole book is jacked with grammar errors and a mess of rewrites without fully deleting the old parts. ANYONE could have read this for her and cleaned it up to be presentable
Lyssette Stevens
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jessica
Jan 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Gave up at the 30% mark. This was the updated version with grammatical corrections. The writing was still pretty rough, the characters weren't very well developed, and instead of the woman-centered feel of the other reverse harem books I've tried, this seemed very centered around the men. I also really wanted to deliver a lecture to the heroine and her female friends about bar safety, but instead I decided to just see myself out.
Lily
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Started strong but ended weak

I was really having a fun time with this book before Riley started hooking up with the guys. By that point, her personality had completely fled and she was at the mercy of whatever event was going on around her, never having any control in her own life. Her lackluster personality made it so that I didn't care about her story or any of the members of her pride.
Katy
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cowardly

Spoilers#####

If your going to write reverse harem, please realize that we want to read ALL the juicy bits. The includes the first sexual interactions of all of players not just two. That means not copping out on with sex between two and then a run on sentence type thing where you explain things with everyone else as "oh and the sex was good with them, too"

If your going to write reverse harem, actually wrote the whole story. Don't chicken out
Sonja Dishman
Oct 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Needs a lot of work!

This would be a good book but it has so many typos, and words misspelled its tragic. I had to reread sentences just to figure out where the author was going. I suggest you get someone to check your work before you submit it to your readers. Thank Goodness I got this book with KU and didn't have to actually pay for it.
Matilde Damkier
Mar 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 40%
It's been just a couple of days since I read the first book in another Kristen Banet series. A book I really liked.
But this one was painful to read. The other one was rich in both worldbuilding and plot, and I don't recall there being any obvious grammar issues.
This one was juvenile, had zero plot as far as I could tell and it could have seriously used an editor.
Delta
Mar 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Get an editor!
Absolutelyred
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF. Bad writing, cardboard characters.
Jennifer G
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Wild Pride is the Reverse Harem debut of the Kingston Pride series. Riley Stern found herself living in Wild Junction working as a waitress in the Starry Night diner. She has 2 friends, 2 "adopted" fathers, a crappy apartment, and little else. Yet she's happy enough. This wasn't her plan at 23, but after being abandoned by her father and ending up in an abusive relationship, she's happy on her own in the little town. That all changes when five men move back to town; Brenton Kingson, Zachary Wood ...more
  • Of Shadows and Ash (Maggie's Grove, #3)
  • Haunted Blade (Colbana Files #6)
  • Raw Heat
  • The Prince With No Heart
  • Steal the Sun (Thieves, #4)
  • The Redeemable
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • Foreseen (The Suoja Guild #2)
  • Ivory's Familiars (The Familiars, #1)
  • Asylum (Shifter Society #1)
  • Hunted (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • What a Goddess Wants (Forgotten Goddesses, #1)
  • Realms and Rebels: A Paranormal and Fantasy Reverse Harem Collection
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • Hunt the Dawn (Fatal Dreams, #2)
Kristen Banet has a Diet Coke problem and smokes too much. She curses like a sailor (though, she used to be one, so she uses that as an excuse) and finds that many people don’t know how to handle that. She loves to read, and before finally sitting to try her hand at writing, she had your normal kind of work history. From tattoo parlors, to the U.S. Navy, and freelance illustration, she’s stumbled ...more

The Kingson Pride (3 books)
  • Wild Fire (The Kingson Pride, #2)
  • Wild Souls (The Kingson Pride, #3)