Start by marking “L'ora delle bestie” as Want to Read:
L'ora delle bestie

L'ora delle bestie

È lunedì, uno dei tanti, e Nancy Kincaid si sta affrettando verso l'ufficio: un volto come tanti, un lavoro anonimo, sogni accarezzati e sfumati, la metropolitana piena... Ma per Nancy non sarà un giorno come tutti gli altri: Nacy sta per scoprire... di essere scomparsa. Nessuno la riconosce più. Il suo capo minaccia persino di chiamare la polizia. Nancy è sola per le stra ...more
Published May 2006 by Tea (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about L'ora delle bestie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about L'ora delle bestie

Zoeytron
Who is Nancy Kincaid? Madwoman? Schizophrenic? Or just the really nice person she believes herself to be? Whoever she is, the voices in her head urging her to kill are driving her crazy. And why don't her colleagues and family recognize her? Oliver, a soulful washed up poet, is central to the story, as is his brother Zach, a struggling druggie.

The imagery concocted within these pages is electric. Hulking concrete pillars in the subway, lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting. Furry smiles, wa
Olethros
-A un pasito del éxito, pero podría ser un abismo.-

Género. Novela.

Lo que nos cuenta. En la mañana de Halloween, Nancy Kincaid no se encuentra muy bien pero va a trabajar, aunque en su oficina nadie la reconoce como Nancy Kincaid; comienza a vagar por la ciudad y descubre que tiene un revólver en el bolsillo. Oliver Perkins busca a su hermano, que ha desaparecido el día anterior, pero sus averiguaciones le llevan a cosas inesperadas. Zachary Perkins se despierta empapado en sangre y con la policí
Olga Kowalska (WielkiBuk)
Ah! This was a sneaky one! It grabs your attention with its first chapter, then it makes you wonder what is going on, then it is getting pretty confusing, like nothing makes sense anymore, and finally... it turns out to be awesome! Every element of the puzzle finds its place and the final scenes reveal the whole image.
A great thriller indeed.
Gatorman
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would give this book 3.5 stars if I could. An interesting thriller that leaves you confused for most of the book, sometimes to the point where it becomes an impediment to enjoying it. However, the last 30 or so pages tie up the whole story very nicely and explain the confusing parts quite satisfactorily. The fluid ending lifted the book from its shaky beginnings and made it a worthwhile read. Stick with the confusing parts and you'll be happy you did in the end. Recommended.
Mandy
Jan 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorite books. I remember when I read it I was just in awe and I couldn't put it down. I have read other books by Andrew Klaven but didn't care as much for them.
Chelly
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
I'm not sure what I just read. I didn't like any of the characters and I didn't like the writer's style. The beginning of the book was good, the ending of the book was good (I didn't see the ending coming!) but the middle just dragged on. Somehow this book made me feel.. dirty. I'm giving it 4 stars because honestly, despite all I've mentioned above, it was a surprisingly good book. I think.
Charlie Wells
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Kafka-esque disorientation this book provides is sublime. I loved reading this book. I love how confused and puzzled it makes the reader. Some could find that as an issue with the book, but the unanswered questions are what make this book so great. For fans of Stephen King and other psychological modern thrillers.
Tay
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an enjoyable novel which grasps your attention right away.
Ashley
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not originally on my list of things I wanted to read, but it was out on display at my local library advertised as a "haunting fall read, perfect for halloween."

Having finished the novel I believe it was mis-shelved. I gave this two stars only because my initial expectations might have been off; judging by the books displayed by this one I was expecting more supernatural/horror elements within the story.

This story revolves around Nancy Kincaid and Oliver Perkins. Nancy Kincaid shows
Leah
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halloween in Manhattan. Everyone has their bad days, but for Nancy Kincaid, this will be the worst of her life. Arriving at her office, her colleagues insist they have never seen her before. The only clue she has is a voice that whispers someone will be murdered that night--by 8:00, the Animal Hour.

An opening that instantly draws you in by curiosity about the "what" and the "why" of the story and a breakneck pace kept me turning the pages. And while it's fun to be somewhat frustrated while readi
John
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, suspense, 2-star, 2012
Overall this was a good book. I wasn't able to guess the plot turns ahead of time, and the action kept up through the end. It was definitely a fun read, and I would have given it 4 stars, except for a couple problems. First was the authors tendency to include a brief paragraph of relatively explicit sexuality periodically. The information conveyed in these cases could easily have been communicated without the sleeze, it was really quite jarring when it happened. The second problem was the charac ...more
Jonathan
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This was to me, one of the worst book i've read, the book starts pretty good, you get into the story easily, all the details sounds just about right and the characters are quite "alive" if i can say, but when you get past the first half, it seems like the author somewhat lacked of imagination, a friend of mine recommended this to me saying it was a really great one, but i guess everyone have their own tastes, and to me, this was a very long and boring book. Or this could be me having high expect ...more
Kent
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brief review - typical Klavan - tight suspense - tight timeframe (everything happens in less than 24 hours) - in fact it feels like the TV show "24" with each chapter describing what one of the characters is doing simultaneously with the others.

a little more violent, trying to be more like an old Stephen King novel. not his best, not his worst.
Tracey
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the second Klavan book l've read. lt caught me on the first page and did not let go. So suspenseful, l tried to read faster so l could find out what and why!
Jinnybaby
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the story . . . t'was exhilirating with all the twists and turns. unpredictable and exciting too bad I can't find a copy
Ruby  Tombstone [With A Vengeance]
I was thinking I might enjoy this. Then I saw the author's blog. Can I actually read a book by an apparent right-wing lunatic.... and like it?
Jayma
Nov 04, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not badly written, but kind of a confused mess of a plot.
Susan Rowe
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this one down! Read it years ago but still remember so much about it. I dare you to try to figure it out. Klaven is a master!
Mike Sullivan
Aug 16, 2008
Javier Ventura
Sep 20, 2016
Camilla
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2009
Carlo
May 07, 2012
Vin Landicho
Feb 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Don't Close Your Eyes
  • Slow Motion Riot
  • Twilight (Jenny Cain, #10)
  • All Hallows' Evil (Susan Henshaw, #4)
  • Skeleton Key (Gregor Demarkian, #16)
  • Every Deadly Kiss (The Bowers Files: The New York Years #2)
  • Inked Up (Stamping Sisters, #2)
  • Horrorween (Orangefield Series Book 1)
  • Magnolias, Moonlight, and Murder (A Mom Zone Mystery #4)
  • The Red Scream (Molly Cates, #1)
  • Kill Whitey
  • The Last Rung On The Ladder
  • The Violet Hour
  • Chop Shop (Bug Man, #2)
  • Dorothy L. Sayers: The Complete Stories