Start by marking “His Wicked Embrace (The League of Rogues, #6)” as Want to Read:
His Wicked Embrace (The League of Rogues, #6)

His Wicked Embrace

(The League of Rogues #6)

HE’S A WILD ROGUE WITH A GUARDED HEART.

Notorious rogue, Lawrence Russell has no desire to marry—or heaven forbid, fall in love. Although he enjoys his fair share of pleasure, Lawrence prefers to protect his heart. Yet, when he comes to the rescue of a brave and passionate Persian princess, he discovers his heart may be at risk from the very thing he’s always feared…

SHE’S A
Published April 1st 2018 by Lauren Smith

To ask other readers questions about His Wicked Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Wicked Embrace

Barbara Rogers
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Series: The League of Rogues #6
Publication Date: 3/5/18

Wowzers! What a wickedly delightful novella with betrayal, slavery, romance, love and a wonderfully sweet HEA – as well as a bit of brother-against-brother. Lauren Smith’s writing is, as always wonderful, the story is well plotted, well delivered and filled with memorable characters. I have loved the League of Rogues since the very first book in the series and I think you will as well. Since this is a novella rather than a full-length novel,
Coco.V
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/6/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
HE’S A WILD ROGUE WITH A GUARDED HEART.

SHE’S A PRINCESS WITH A DANGEROUS SECRET.

Zehra Darzi’s life has been turned on its head. W
Jaci
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful addition to The League of Rogues Series. The story of a young lady from a faraway land and rogue gentleman who should never have met in the normal course of their lives.

Lawrence Russell is a man who adores women and they adore him. He has never been in danger of losing his heart to a woman, it's not that he doesn't want to fall in love, he just hasn't met the right woman yet. When his brother asks him to go to a disreputable brothel to observe an illegal auction and note who bo
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An English gentleman and a Persian princess who’s been sold into slavery. How much more exciting can a story get? Lawrence was the perfect hero. Honorable, sweet but strong, and oh so sexy. Zehra was a beautiful princess who had lost everything until she found shelter in Lawrence’s arms.
Lauren Smith is brilliant at creating sensual, spicy, tension filled romances, and she’s at the top of her game with this one. Characters with strength and integrity, a dark and dangerous plot, intrigue, and pa
Deb Diem
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Wicked Embrace is a fabulous historical romance by Lauren Smith. Ms. Smith has provided readers with a well-written book and populated it with a stellar cast of characters. This is a fairly quick read, perfect for those with limited time for reading. Zehra escaped from the man that murdered her family and set fire to her home, only to end up being captured by slavers and taken to England to be sold at auction. Lawrence went to the auction as a favor for his brother, who was supposed to arriv ...more
Lori D
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a heartwarming story.
What can a gentleman do when he sees a damsel in distress but save her? Lawrence Russell was helping his brother by watching an auction take place at a brothel It was a run by a ring that the crown was trying to take down who kidnapped and sold women for money. Taking one look at Zehra and Lawrence knew he had to save her from being taken by someone else so he placed the highest bid for her.. Zehra had been living in a nightmare, taken from her home in Persia and held a
Nicole Laverdure
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful series! 4.5 stars

I've read many books written by Lauren Smith. I always enjoyed them very much. Her 6th story 'His Wicked Embrace' kept my interest until the very end. It’s about another rogue who doesn't believe in love or marriage! Will this princess catch his heart?

It tells about the journey of a rogue named Lawrence and a Persian princess named Zehra. Together they will embark on a wild adventure filled with twists and turns. This hero has no desire to marry or fall in love. Howeve
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd
I read (and thoroughly enjoyed) a contemporary romance by Lauren Smith a while back, so I shouldn't be surprised that I enjoyed this as well! It might be #6 in the series, but it read fine without having read the previous five first - but I liked it so much that I definitely will go back and read the rest of the series! Not gonna lie, I'm still salty at Scribd (unlimited my @$$) but I'm sorta happy they "forced" to try His Wicked Embrace!
Diane K. Peterson
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable novella from Lauren Smith! I am not a big novella fan because I want a well developed romance, but this one was excellent. It was a believable relationship and I loved both the hero and the heroine. I love that he was a ginger! (The cover picture is awesome!) Very nicely written story.
Jenny Bravo
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect short read. Totally loved it.
It was so sweet 🙀😍😍
Brenda
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PUBLISHER'S DESCRIPTION:

HE’S A WILD ROGUE WITH A GUARDED HEART.

SHE’S A PRINCESS WITH A DANGEROUS SECRET.

Zehra Darzi’s life has been turned on its head. When she flees her
Monique
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zehra Darzi’s parents were murdered in Persia, where she was kidnapped and brought to a brothel in England to be sold to the highest bidder, which Samir Al-Zahrani intends to be. Lawrence Russell was on the premises because his younger brother Avery asked him to note of the men present at the auction, and who “bought” women; Avery is with the authorities. The whole situation reminds of a mistake Lawrence had made in the past, and so he bids for Zehra, and wins. Zehra is relieved that Al-Zahrani ...more
Martha B.
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
His roguish ways are sacrificed for his Persian princess.

Mr. Lawrence Russell, younger brother of the Marquess Rochester and a member of the League of Rogues, is more than the rakish facade he presents to London society. The depth of his honorable character and tender heart is proven true when he spends a small fortune to save kidnapped Persian princess, Zehra Darzi, from a sex slave auction.

His Wicked Embrace by Lauren Smith has an original stand-alone plot that is written in a descriptive sty
Nessa
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A SHORT LENGTH NOVEL. IT WAS SHORT AND SWEET, AND THE CHEMISTRY AND ATTRACTION WAS INSTANT, THOUGH NOT EXACTLY INSTA LOVE BUT CLOSE.

OUR HERO is Lucien's brother Lawrence and due to his younger brother's bidding Avery to help with unearthing an underground slave auction, he attends the event only to end up buying a woman for 7000 pounds. Of course he only did it to save her. This arresting Persian princess was fire in his veins and I loved the way he was so gentlemanly sweet on her and it was obv
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down! From the moment they met you know they were supposed to be together. This is a fast-paced romance, but it works perfectly for this story. I loved that they brought out each others true selves and that they wanted to protect each other. As with anything involving the Russell family and the league you will be laughing at times. I was holding my breath a couple of times near the end, but it was perfect with how everything played out.

Zehra will never let someone break her or
Debbie Glenn Brown
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lawrence Russel’s brother has sent him to do some undercover work for him at a brothel when he encounter a passionate Persian princess who has been forced from her home and put on the auction block. Lawrence has no desire to marry let alone fall in love, but when he rescues Zehra Darzi from a brothel his life changes and his heart may be at risk from the very thing he’s always feared, love. Zehra has an enemy from her past who resurfaces in London and she knows it’s just a matter of time before ...more
Anid Harker
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
I read the Wattpad version. There were a few spots of blips in editing where the text was missing words in places, and as charming as it is to reminisce Austen and her vagueness and her "--shire"s, it's hella awkward to read. Edit: I have been informed this is in fact the result of a weird glitch from the side of Wattpad and not actually any mistake of editing. Good to know.
There's also something else this author does, which is to build tension very well (I'm very sensitive to that feeling of im
Janet
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A kidnapped Persian princess, Lady Zehra Darzi was the last thing he expected to find when Lawrence Russell went under cover for the Bow Street Runners. He knew he had to save her and so he bought her for seven thousand pounds. However Zehra is still in danger of being discovered by her obsessed captor.
Another page turning story in the League of Rogues series. The characterisation is very good & the plot fast paced. Zehra has seen & suffered so much, although she is half English her moth
Chris McFarland
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book finally told the titillating story of Lawrence Russell and the slave he purchased (mentioned in book #3 Her Wicked Proposal). While it was short, it was jam packed with interesting facts about Persia and the political climate surrounding that area in the early 19th century. It was also full of the sensual delight that Lauren Smith has come to be known for. I can't wait for the next book!
Lorraine Anton
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Zehra is auctioned off, Lawrence goes in the club to look at the members. He gets involved with the bidding process, she brings out the protected in him. He rescues her. She still has a secret.
They fall for each other.
I like the characters in this book.
They fall in love 💘.

# 20 2019 3part green BNB Challenge

Robbie
Very sweet, but since it is a novella it is also a bit slight. It has all the elements of a good story, but I felt like it concentrated a bit too much on some sweet romancey stuff when it could have added a little more to the intrigue instead. Don't get me wrong; it was enjoyable, just a bit far-fetched and too easily wrapped up, maybe.
Dianne Lowe
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Zehra who escapes from a harem only to be sold at a brothel. She is rescued by Lawrence Russell. He was there to. Spy on the group of slavers, not to get involved. He buys the beautiful woman and Akers. Her to his home. Can they really find love? He invites her to stay for a week, but cannot see his life without her.
Louise purfield-coak
Passionate Romance

I loved this deeply romantic, passionate story! That's why I gave it five stars.It immediately caught my imagination and never let go. As a good romance should, it has an HEA. I would highly recommend this book to any mature audience. The sex was searing and sweet.
Kathy Bunbury
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good romp with the Rogues

A beautiful love story with underlying sadnesses. I was expecting more intrigue, but the interaction with the characters makes up for the lack of more villainy.
Melba Hard
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant.

I have really enjoyed all of the league of rogues but I think this is my favourite although I may have said that bout the last one. However I did love Laurence and Zerha and their adventures..
Patricia Schuette
A different kind of meeting

A Persian princess is kidnapped and brought to England to be sold as a slave. A young Lord there for information sees her on the block and realizes he must save her.
Angela Thompson
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Somebody needs to help me... I can't stop! These are brilliant... and the characters are wonderful!
Carol
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved this book! The rogues are some of the best written heroes ever!!!
My only complaint: it was too short!!
Brianda
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was just meh. The beginning was good but the ending felt too rushed. I wanted more from the last 2 chapters.
Nadine Bookaholic
3.5
Not one of my favorites but definitely an enjoyable read.
Full review to follow
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Trouble with Princesses (The Princess Brides, #3)
  • How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess In Hiding, #3)
  • Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady, #3)
  • Sins of a Wicked Princess (Sinners Trio, #3)
  • The Right Kind of Rogue (Playful Brides, #8)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • The Marquis and I (The Worthingtons, #4)
  • The Princess Wore Plaid (The Oxenburg Princes, #2.5)
  • Gentlemen Prefer Heiresses (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #4.5)
  • When a Marquess Loves a Woman (Season's Original #3)
  • Eloping with the Princess (Brotherhood of the Sword #3)
  • The Duke of Desire (The 1797 Club, #9)
  • Her Every Pleasure (Spice Trilogy #3)
  • My Rogue, My Ruin (Lords of Essex, #1)
  • House of Cads (Ladies of Scandal, #2)
  • The Duke of Kisses (The Untouchables, #11)
  • Honor Roll (The Dean's List, #2)
  • Vision of Danger (Sinclair and Raven #5)
Lauren Smith is a USA Today Best-Selling author and an Oklahoma attorney. She knew she was destined to be a romance writer when she attempted to re-write the entire Titanic movie just to save Jack from drowning. Connecting with readers by writing emotionally moving, realistic and sexy romances no matter what time period is her passion. She’s won multiple awards in several romance subgenres includi ...more

The League of Rogues (10 books)
  • Wicked Designs (The League of Rogues, #1)
  • His Wicked Seduction (The League of Rogues #2)
  • Her Wicked Proposal (The League of Rogues, #3)
  • Wicked Rivals (The League of Rogues, #4)
  • Her Wicked Longing (The League of Rogues #5)
  • Earl of Pembroke (Wicked Earls' Club, #10)
  • His Wicked Secret (League of Rogues #8)
  • The Last Wicked Rogue (The League of Rogues, #9)
  • Never Kiss a Scot (The League of Rogues, #10)