Start by marking “The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #1)

The Hookup

(Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  14,670 ratings  ·  1,511 reviews
When the new girl in town, Eliza “Izzy” Forrester decides to hit the local drinking hole, she’s not ready to meet the town’s good, solid guy. She’s definitely not prepared to engage in her very first hookup with him.

Then Izzy wakes up the next morning in Johnny Gamble’s bed and good girl Izzy finds she likes being bad for Johnny.

Even so, Izzy feels Johnny holding her at ar
Published December 19th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

·  14,670 ratings  ·  1,511 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
You guys sitting down?

I sure hope so.

Because it is with great Grinch joy and bah humbug happiness that I say...

I really liked this book.

I know, I know...

description

For those around here who know me and and my history with Kristen Ashley, you know how exciting this is for me.

For those who don't...lemme hand you a quick run down.

I ADORE her.

I ADORE the vast - and it is VERY fucking vast, home girl is prolific - majority of her books.

I ADORE her rambling lunatic way of writing that makes connections betwe
Aestas Book Blog

OMG.
OMG.
OHMYFREAKINGGOD!!
This is one of the best books Kristen Ashley has ever written!

And I say that from the perspective of someone who has read, loved, and reviewed over 40 Kristen Ashley books. But this one just hit all the right marks. It was a perfectly balanced and beautifully written romance with heat, heart, and happiness. I can't recommend it highly enough! This was Vintage KA gold!

KA is known for her rather lengthly books but I read this in one non-stop stilling. It was everything I
Christy
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!!

“description”/
“Tell me, spätzchen, how does a man sleep when he’s living his dreams?”

Every time I start a new Kristen Ashely book, I get the warm and fuzzies. The Hookup was a captivating, heartwarming romance. After reading around 50 Kristen Ashely books, I can’t say it was one of my favorites, but I enjoyed it very much!

Johnny and Eliza reminded me of some of the old school KA heroes and heroines. Johnny had that KA alpha attitude. He was sexy, swoony, with a bit of sweetness. Eliza was fu
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~

I DNF'd this at some point, but I'm not sure exactly when because I skimmed and skipped more than read.

However, the reasons are VERY subjective so take this review with a grain of salt.

Beside being bored out of my mind, I was irritated to no end by the heroine's... cuteness.

Cute is not a characteristic I admire in a heroine. I don’t want cute. It's annoying.

Just the fact that the hero openly admires the heroine's cuteness is enough for me to want to strangle him.

But that's not the only problem
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I hated it that I totally could fall in love with this man...but I couldn’t. I hated it that he was all mine and I was all his...but only when we were having sex. I hated that I knew when it was over that I’d miss this and miss it badly...but I’d rather have it while I could than not have it at all.

One would think that after reading an author’s body of work so extensively and so thoroughly, there would inevitably come a time when the magic would ebb or, at least, flicker somewhat, but when i
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kristen Ashley Fans, Romance
4 Good Things Can Happen Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
2018 Best Romance Semifinal Round Nominee
UPDATE:
I have been so fortunate to have read many of these Semifinalists. If this review helps in deciding your voting choice, then I have done my job. Happy Reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, Kristen Ashley, for doing this series. You touched on much and it all came together. You did everything I love about your writing but added one special element I cannot stop sharing with everyone...

You created a man
Shari Kay
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 ish ✭ (rounded up instead of down because it was way better than the last few books of hers I’ve read)

Let me start off by saying I almost didn't read this book because of the blurb. Who wants to read a romance about a H's love for another woman and the h being second best? Not me. That said, it wasn't REALLY about his past love.

Did Johnny love his ex? Yes. Did he think they'd get married and have babies? Yes, he did. Did the ex come back into town and want him back? Yes. Did he ever conside
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5-4 stars

I enjoyed my first Kristen Ashley read and will definitely check out her older books. The book was mostly light and steamy, had little drama (not as much as the blurb implied), and would be a nice read when you're looking for something that would make you swoon.

I admit it takes time getting used to their switch in POVs because Izzy's POV was told in first person and Johnny's in third, but overall I liked the way the narrative was written.

My biggest issue why I didn't fully fall in lo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 BEAUTIFUL stars

Love this so much!It was amazing *sigh* I have no words! The Hookup was emotional,heartwarming,intense,hot and sweet!All these things and so much more.I'm still thinking about Johnny and Izzy.

description

This couple ruined me in a good way, I loved them so much each of them and I feel connected.I loved their journey, they have some really intense and super moments but at the same time some really sad.

The Hookup is a must read, such a beautiful way to start a new series.I can't wait for the
Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4.5★
"In Johnny Gamble's arms. Connected to him. The only place I felt safe."
description

The Hookup is the first book in the Moonlight and Motor Oil Series. KA is back with another sweet and sexy contemporary romance. Izzy Forrester is new in town and after escaping a bad break up with a stalker ex, she is happy to settle in her new simple life. When Izzy shares one night with the small town's broody and broken-hearted Johnny Gamble, she was only looking for a quick hookup. But when Johnny and Izzy connec
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was one that I was worried about because I was worried about the H pining over his ex and hurting the h. Did the ex come back? Yes. Did the H and this OW have a romance that the town dubbed as being "epic"? Yes. BUT I wouldn't say the H was pining for the OW. He was hurt by her leaving him and ruining their relationship for sure, but he wasn't interested in reconciliation. I liked both characters, and I felt like the H was all in for the h, completely present in the
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

The Hook Up is about good girl Izzy, the girl who doesn’t do anything reckless or have one night stands. That is, until she meets Johnny Gamble. Johnny is her first hook up, and an unexpected evening turns into more unexpected nights and days together. Until the love of Johnny’s life comes back to town, and Izzy needs to let go. But, something unexpected might lead to more of the same and Johnny may be back sooner than Izzy thinks……

I really enjoyed this newest book by Kristen Ashley, I
Sophia Triad
Let me describe to you my experience while reading this book. I normally do not like books with guys that are emotionally involved with their previous relationships, i.e. when they start a new relationship while they still think of their ex. It is never fair for the new girl. But -although I knew that this is the case in this book-I have decided to give Johnny Gamble a chance.

I know that Ashley can create the most delicious Alpha males and I know that she can also create HOWT sex scenes where t
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐3.5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐

Really enjoyed this one, Izzy and Johnny were hot and sweet!
Perfect if you need a charmingt little ride in Romancelandia.
No major conflict though contrary to what the blurb leads on...
Review to come closer to release date.

Pre-Order now!

Arc received in exchange for a review.
More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Mo
Feb 06, 2018 added it
Giving up after about 50 pages. Seems so fucking juvenile. Same old shite from KA. There was a time where she was an auto buy... but honestly, lately, seems like she is putting out the same old ding dong.

Bored out of my tree from page 1.
Warda
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I melted. A lot.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Too happy' Stars!

This 2017 has been quite the year for Kristen Ashley and her readers. She has released quite a lot of books and of course, she ended it with a bang! She starts a new series with The Hookup and I already have fallen in love with all these new characters she has presented. I’ve said it many times and I will say it every time KA manages to make me love her writing even more: this woman is my queen and she is killing it!

The Hookup is the first installment in the Moonlight and M
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

I'll be honest I have pretty much given up on KA ever writing a book that comes close to some of her earlier ones. She used to be an automatic buy for me, but now I pretty much pass them by without a second look. That said, a lot of people seemed to like the is one. Said it was "old school" KA etc. So I figured I would give it a go...and SURPRISE...I liked it. As much as her early stuff...NO. Would I re-read it? NO. But it was an enjoyable read for the most part. It wasn't overly long and drawn
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

Blog Review: http://sweptawaybyromance.com/review-...

5 Rainbows and Motor Oil Stars!

If you’re dying to read a classic Kristen Ashley book that’s sizzling hot and a hopelessly romantic love story with a touch of drama thrown in for good measure, The Hookup is a must-read! Johnny Gamble *sigh* is a KA signature ALPHA. He’s protective, possessive, and a delicious over-the-top Alpha. I have to say, Johnny Gamble is a worthy addition to my “KA Favorite Hero’s Shelf”.

photo PicsArt_1511498214393_zpsimhkg3i8.jpg

Johnny Gamble is well known in
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Maybe instead of a new reading challenge for 2018, Goodreads could implement a “yay for you, you finally finished writing all of your 2017 reviews in March” award because at this point that’s probably how long it will be until I catch up. My apologies. At least this one was read at the end of the year instead of October or November.

No more stalling. Let’s get on with this . . . .

I’m sure The Hookup would have hit my radar at some poi
Stacey is Sassy
A new plan...

***4.5 stars - the story was great the narration was a little disappointing***

New releases on work days suck. Not that long ago, I worked from home and set my own hours which gave me a wee bit of leeway when my favourite author released a new book. Now, I actually have to walk out my door to go to work and manage my reading time around work (hand to my forehead…the burdens we carry). A couple of hours in the morning and then trying to read after work, without doinking myself on the
Jemima
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

the hookup

Title: The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)
Author: Kristen Ashley
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: December 19, 2017

I'll be honest here... It will be a cold day in hell the day I hate a Kristen Ashley book. That's the truth and because of that I feel like this review will seem kinda biased and unfair...but what the hell right? I'm still going to write it because this book was good. Real good. Kristen Ashley never disappoints. I have read every single book series she has ever w
Janie
So by my updates it shows that I was NOT feeling Johnny Gamble for the first half of this book. I should know though that with her magic, KA would find a way to turn that around. He definitely made some wrong moves in the beginning, one of which was a misunderstanding for Izzy and myself as a reader.

Izzy was sweet, caring and honest. She was one of the nicest heroines I’ve read about. She has the biggest heart and anyone in her circle is lucky to call her a friend or sister. She was easier on J
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
I LOVED LOVED LOVED Johnny and Izzy.
This is a little different from KA's usual stories - sweeter, more awwwww-moments. Really really cute. I can't wait for Izzy's sister and Johnny's brother! This one totally hit the spot at the right time.
Cam *tactile seeker*

I'm barely four words into this review and I'm already cringing because I know that I'll be in the minority with my opinion.
Well, it's not like we can all agree on the same things all the time, right?
It's safe to say that “The Hookup” was my last Kristen Ashley book. I give up, after finally realizing that she's just not the author for me. I have probably read three or four books of hers – very little compared to all the works she's published – but that was enough for me to recognize her writin
~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

It is no secret that I am a huge KA fan. I love the majority of her books. I've had a few misses with her, but you can't love them all I guess. But if I want a comfort read that is in the MF world, she is my go to author. She takes up the most space on my book shelves and space on my kindle. If I own the book I own the ebook. LOL So there's the proof of my love for this gal. She just has a way of writing women who aren't whiny and crying all the time that I appreciate. I love her alpha
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 3.75 Stars
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

If you enjoyed Complicated, I think you will enjoy this story. IMO it has the same vibe, the same sexy hero and the same independent but happy heroine.

The book starts right off with their hookup, something Eliza, aka Iz or Izzy, has never done before so she's a little awkward. Johnny doesn't care though because in his mind, this is just the beginning.

And we get to know all the requisite characters, the siblings, the families and the best friends...and of course, the drama. Although what
Wendy
I can't believe I am rating this only 3 stars but...with all the awesome books I have read lately, I just can't give it more than that.

To be honest, I was a bit bored. The story was very sweet and both characters are great, but something felt missing. Not enough angst and emotion for me. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never really did :(

Now if you are looking for something light and sweet and steamy, then you should definitely give this one a go. The chemistry between these two
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I fell asleep reading The Hookup. I was so into it, I couldn't put it down even though my eyes were drooping. I fell asleep in a small town in Kentucky watching two people deal with the aftermath of their hookup and, I swear, Johnny Gamble and Izzy Forrester infiltrated my dreams with that mess, that push and pull, with their assumptions and insecurities and steamy attraction. I dreamt of this book and I woke up before the sun to dive right back into it. I was HOOKED. I was consumed. I adored th ...more
  • Three of a Kind (Wallflowers Series #1)
  • Binding Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #6)
  • Sweet Seduction Surrender (Sweet Seduction, #4)
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • Vengeance Aside (Wanted Men (Prequel))
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
  • Paths (The Killers #2)
  • A is for Alpha Male (A is for Alpha Male #1)
  • Wicked Intentions (Wicked Games, #3)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Moonlight and Motor Oil (2 books)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
“And love never really dies, but it does fade, as you well know.” He looked back at Izzy. “And when it fades, the part that remains teaches us how to love better the next time,” she said softly, putting her hand on his forearm.” 8 likes
“If you were put on this earth to take care of me, what was I put on this earth to do for you?”
… “To make me happy.”