Start by marking “The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)” as Want to Read:
The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)

The First Kiss Hypothesis

(The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)

Nora Reid believes scientific laws control everything, even love. With her grandparents’ epic first kiss story cemented in her brain, Nora develops a hypothesis she’s determined to prove: for each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they’ll experience an immediate and intense reaction.

But after four years of zero-reaction kisses, she
Published November 6th 2017 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about The First Kiss Hypothesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Kiss Hypothesis

(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“A kiss with chemistry is different from a kiss without chemistry. Period.”

This was a YA contemporary romance story, about a girl with a scientific theory about first kisses.

I liked Nora and Eli, and I liked how relaxed they were around each other. It was also nice the way that Eli always drove Nora to school after she broke someone’s leg during drivers ed.

The storyline in this was about No
Yoda
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Im continuing my "read everything and warn people if it sucks" mission. This one definitely did. I hate characters that cant realize things on their own until the very last page. Writing was okay, but I dont think it was edited(well). ...more
Rê
description

3.5 “Science, Friendship and Love” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled Teen (Crush)!!

I’ve been on a BFF-to-more trope vibe lately, and this is probably the one with one of the most unique premise I’ve read lately. That’s because of Nora Reid’s obsession with the first kiss hypothesis and finding true love.

While with the BFF trope we normally have characters fighting their attraction to each other because they’re afraid to lose their friendship, here we have Nora refusing to move her hot b
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Friends-to-more romance and lots of science nerdy talk - I was bound to love it! This one was really sweet and cute and totally hit the spot, although it left me wanting some pie.

When I saw a science term in the title, I jumped at the opportunity to read this book, and I was really glad I did, because this one gave me miles of smiles.

•Pro: First and foremost, this was a friends-to-more story, and I love those.

•Pro: These two had soooooo much history, ten years worth, to be exact, and Mandelski
D.M.
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hypothesis: "For each person in the world, there is exactly one other person who, at first kiss, causes an immediate and intense reaction."

Nora believes this Hypothesis and is trying to find her first kisses. Her methods include charity Kissing booths and plenty of first dates. Her grandmother found her soulmate after one kiss and married 2 weeks later. Nora wants her experience.

Eli is trying to prove the hypothesis is untrue. Nora and Eli have already shared their first kiss and it wasn't magi
Thamy
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2017
Honest review based on an ARC provided by Netgalley. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.

This is another cute YA novel with the standard one could expected from Entangled Crush. I'll never say enough how much I live for their releases. I always feel sad when I can't pick more to review but I always make sure to find room at least one. I don't regret picking this one up.

Nora had a hypothesis she's formed based on the story of how her grandmother knew her grandfather would be the per
Alicia
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
As my first book ever from Christina Mandelski, I would have to say that this won’t be my last. I just love friends-to-lovers stories. Absolutely love them. And that they’re neighbours is even better.

Nora and Eli have been best friends ever since Nora moved in next door when they were eight. Nora’s grandmother told her a story about how when she and Nora’s grandfather kissed for the first time, the earth shook etc and they knew right then that they were meant to be together. Nora has been tryin
Tammy
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read with a lot of pie. Nora and Eli are very cute together and have been friends as well as neighbors since they were little. Nora is trying to find the right guy by kissing them all and seeing if the earth moves. She had tried with Eli when they were younger but it was a miss due to a ill-timed kiss and Coke. Their relationship has a pretty good base with them helping each other with life but it hits a bump when they each realize that they want to be more than friends. Of course, they just ...more
lacy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m, arc-copy, ebooks, 4-stars
A special thank you goes out to Entangled Teen publishing for allowing me to read this early. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

What a fun contemporary! Although, contemporaries are usually always fun. There were so many positives in this book, it made my heart happy. Even though the MCs drove me a bit nuts at times with their really irritating teenage thought processes. But hey, teenagers of all ages drive me nuts. I think it's because I'm old.

Like I said, this book has a lot of positives
Lenore Kosinski
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

3.5 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

Well that was an up and down ride!!  It started off really strong, I absolutely adored the author's voice in this one.  There was a bit of sassiness and snark that was delightful.  I spent time both loving and hating BOTH characters, but in this case (unlike my previous read), I'm happy to say they redeemed themselves and showed those two words I lov
Angelica
Rating: 2.5

When it comes down to it, this book was a fairly decent book. I got from it exactly what I expected form this type of YA contemporary romance novel. There was nothing really new added to the table here and that would have been fine by me, it’s just that a lot of the YA contemporary tropes it had have always been a bit problematic for me.

This is about Nora, a girl who is determined to find her one true love, which she thinks will be revealed to her by the magic of their first kiss. B
books are love
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

Love Eli. Poor dude was friend zoned due to a silly hypothesis and kiss in like 7th or 8th grade.. he was a sweet kind guy just trying to find himself and resigned to feel like he was not much. I think this was because he felt that is how his parents saw him. He was smart but didn’t really apply himself. He was hopeless in love with his next door neighbor. A girl he respects and trusts. A girl he believed in and wanted by his side no matter what.

Nora thou
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Nora's hypothesis about love: "For each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they’ll experience an immediate and intense reaction."

Nora crossed Eli, her best friend, off her possibilities list in middle school after a horrible first kiss that definitely did not create the reaction she's looking for. Now if only she could get rid of her feelings for him... However, as Nora concocts a scheme to get over Eli Costas once and for all, he comes up with a p
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Stars

Young Adult age-range: 13+ due to language. Kissing.

Nora's grandparents met and shared an earth-shattering kiss, and they spent the next 40+ years living happily ever after. As the child of divorce, Nora is holding onto her dementia-addled grandmother's inspiring story of love, wanting a lifetime of what her grandparents had, never what her parents did/have with other people. This has skewed Nora, missing what is being o
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Super cute and I loved that it was a sports romance with lacrosse (a sport invented in Canada), which is not something super common. I wanted these best friends to get together something fierce and loved the way everything turned out for each of them.
Elaine
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nora is a teen scientist who has a theory that when you first kiss the person who will be the love of your life you'll know because your reaction will be so strong, it'll be like an earthquake. She's developed this hypothesis based on stories told by her Gran Gigi, and is out to kiss as many frogs as necessary to find her prince! She even runs a kissing booth at school events to both raise money for good causes and to give her more opportunities to kiss more of her peers!

However, she still can'
Katherine Paschal
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nora has a very scientific theory based on evidence that shows a first kiss reaction is needed to find true love. And she has had a lot of first kisses to try and find that special someone, but with no luck. Eli thinks Nora's theory is ridiculous, but as her best friend he tries to support her. But when it seems like his carefully planned world is in danger, Eli is ready to shake up Nora's "hypothesis".

I am a sucker for best friends turned love interests and thought the idea behind this book
EmmiK
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Link to Review https://emmcorv.blogspot.com/2018/08/...

Nora Reid loves science and she has a hypothesis. She believes in it, she lives by it and she's determined to prove it "for each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they'll experience an immediate and intense reaction".

Nora's grandmother married her soulmate just two weeks after their earth-moving first kiss and she believes they experienced a happily ever after, once in a lifetime, storybook romance.
Deniz
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The First Kiss Hypothesis is a perfect cute & fluffy. It has a interesting, sporty & sweet hero and a fun, intelligent, likable heroine.
This is the first novel I read by Madelski, I really enjoyed her writing style and her wit. While she doesn't dwell too much on issues, she does dig deep enough to give it some weight. It's not just fluff, there is a wee bit more to this.
The story line is swoony, sweet and fun. I mean the outcome is kinda clear. But the ride there is thoroughly enjoyab
Danielle
I just really loved this book. I loved Eli and Nora. I could tell from the beginning that Eli was perfect for Nora if she just gave him a chance. Nora is convinced that she will find the love of her life just like her grandmother did. One kiss and that spark will show he is the one for her. Unfortunately she has kissed pretty much every guy in town and hasn’t found it. Her best friend Eli is convinced he can prove to Nora he is the one for her even though their first kiss was kind of a disaster. ...more
Issah Camille Garcia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
~Nora Reid

The story is written on a first person point of view of Eli and Nora. Readers will become addicted with the author's writing style and will find it hard to stop reading once started.

The First Kiss Hypothesis is an exciting mixture of bestfriends-to-lovers trope and scientific methods. It has a light story that could make you swoon if you're into fluffy romances
Becky
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute story!

Nora and Eli were absolutely adorable together--best friends to lovers in the best of possible ways, with just a tiny little detour (or, okay, a whole book's worth) thanks to Nora's love of science and her more-than-a-little-questionable "hypothesis." (Still, I got where she was coming from, and fortunately, like the excellent scientist she was, she knew when it was finally time to let that particular belief go.)

So...best friends to lovers, an adorable kitten, a little brother
Amy
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you need a break from life and you just want to get lost in a HEA book. This is the perfect pick! It's a sweet and swoony romance with plenty of humor (and pie!) and an ending that leaves you smiling. This is Christina Mandelski's first romance for Entangled (she's a friend so I know these things) and I'm so glad there will be more!
Arceli
Soaring Up High

The First Kiss Hypothesis was a thoroughly enjoyable YA read. I really enjoyed reading about the characters and the entire message of what true love is.

The First Kiss Hypothesis features Nora Reids and Eli Coastas. Both have them have been best friends since childhood, and Nora stuck Eli into the friend zone after a disastrous first kiss.

Nora was a fun heroine. I loved her character development in the book. Her scientist methods of testing first kisses seemed unrealistic at first

Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

The First Kiss Hypothesis by Christina Mandelski was cute and entertaining. I sure did want to slap Nora around a time or two, but Eli seemed like a fun dude. Their friendship is pretty adorable. I love how they treat each other and interact. Even taking the romance out of the equation, there is a deep love there. It was quite beautiful.

The ARC of The First Kiss Hypothesis by Christina Mandelski was kindly provided to me by Chapter by Chapter for review. The
Elizabeth Mathis
Nora Reid believes scientific laws control everything, even love. With her grandparents’ epic first kiss story cemented in her brain, Nora develops a hypothesis she’s determined to prove:for each person in the world, there is exactly one other person, and at first kiss, they’ll experience an immediate and intense reaction.

But after four years of zero-reaction kisses, she comes up with a new theory: maybe that pesky crush on her stunningly hot best friend Eli Costas is skewing her results.

She ne
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
love the friends-to-more trope. A romantic relationship built on friendship just seems so much more stable than one built on lust. Plus, there's that whole 'meant to be' aspect to it, with everyone around knowing that two people will end up together before they do. The First Kiss Hypothesis had all this, but it also did something different. Usually, this trope involves either neither character realising they like the other, or one character pining over the other while watching them go for othe ...more
KarenJo Custodio
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 - Deliciously Adorable

I’m a romance nerd and ridiculously addicted to Entangled Teen (Crush) books. They’re delightful, cutesy, and so much fun to read. The First Kiss Hypothesis by Christina Mandelski is no exception and had me hooked from the beginning.

I LOVE friends to lovers stories and this one most definitely did not disappoint. The plot was entertaining, hilarious, and had plenty of sweet moments that made me smile like a dork. Nora’s theory about finding true love, while quite sil
Maddy Martinelli
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours for including me in the tour (my tour date is November 10, 2017), as well as providing me with a free copy for review! Nora and Eli are absolutely so cute as best friends in the beginning of the book, and you ca definitely see the tension between them the instant we get a glimpse into Eli's perspective in the second chapter. When Nora is being taught how to drive by Eli, their relationship is so sweet and precious, I absolutely could not wait to ...more
Aradhna Kaur
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cute. Full review coming soon.

*EDITED*

I received this copy in exchange for an honest review from Entangled Teen publishing. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you Entangled Teen!

I wish there was a 3.5 stars option on GoodReads. I enjoyed this, quite a bit, but there were somethings about it that had me pause.

The best friends/people next door trope is something I have always enjoyed. And I enjoy it more when there is no unnecessary love triangle or cattiness, which thankfully,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
  • Offsetting Penalties
  • Swinging At Love (Suttonville Sentinels, #2)
  • The Heartbreak Cure
  • Falling for the Girl Next Door (Creative HeArts, #5; Sloane and Tru, #2)
  • Pieces of You and Me
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Love Beyond Opposites (Grad Night #3)
  • Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance (Creative HeArts, #3; Mariely and Cabot #1)
  • The Secret Life of a Dream Girl (Creative HeArts, #4; Dahlia and Keegan, #1)
  • How Willa Got Her Groove Back (Creative HeArts, #2; Willa and Finn, #1)
  • The Sweetheart Sham (Southern Charmed, #1)
  • Why I Loathe Sterling Lane
  • Falling for Forever (Before Forever, #2)
  • Incriminating Dating
  • Saving It
When I was a kid, I loved to read and write, and I loved going to the library. It was in the children's departments of the libraries I frequented that my dream of becoming a writer took hold. I'd find the place on the shelf where my name would fall, put my finger in that spot and say "that's where it'll go."

After quite a few detours, my dream of having a book on that library shelf is finally comi

The First Kiss Hypothesis (3 books)
  • Love and Other Secrets (The First Kiss Hypothesis #2)
  • Stuck with You (The First Kiss Hypothesis, #3)