Start by marking “The Devil of Dunakin Castle (Highland Isles, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Devil of Dunakin Castle (Highland Isles, #4)

The Devil of Dunakin Castle (Highland Isles #4)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  243 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Englishwoman, Grace Ellington, has made a home in Scotland, but to escape from the meddling people around her who seem to think she needs to wed right away—because women need saving, right? —she volunteers to journey north to aid a friend in childbirth.

Keir MacKinnon, the younger brother of the MacKinnon clan chief, has been raised to strike fear in people, on and off the
Published November 13th 2017 by Entangled Publishing. LLC (Scandalous)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil of Dunakin Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil of Dunakin Castle

Tracy Emro
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before I begin my review, I have to say that this book had the absolutely best dedication I have ever read and that dedication is reiterated in the note from the author at the end of the book. It was beautifully done and really touched my heart.

This book has all the elements I love in a story: humor, action/adventure, a misunderstood hero, steamy love scenes and a heroine that you can’t help rooting for.

Grace has been a secondary character in the previous books in this series, she is the sister
Coral
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"'Tis an old legend that says the very last Devil of Dunakin will die after an angel pierces his heart."

This is hands down my favourite book of the series. Where in previous books, the title of the book is another name given for the hero; for this book, The Devil of Dunakin Castle is actually a position bestowed or rather forced on the hero.

We finally get Grace's story who was introduced in the 1st book. Since then she has blossomed living among the Macleans, learning how to protect herself. Yea
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Review For: The Devil of Dunakin Castle by Heather McCollum The Devil of Dunakin Castle by Heather McCollum is Book Four in the "Highland Isles" series. This is the story of Grace Ellington and Keir MacKinnon. I have read all the books in this series (and LOVED THEM!) but feel this can easily be a standalone book. Grace is the daughter of the Earl of Somerset and has inherited an Estate down in York England but she prefers to live at a cottage on the edge of Aros village near her half sister Ava ...more
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Grace, an Englishwoman, needs to escape the life she's made in Scotland to stop the constant strains of those around her believing she needs to marry, that she isn't complete without a man in her life.

Keir, the MacKinnon clan chief's younger brother, has lived his life fulfilling the purpose he was raised to uphold...instill fear in those who encounter him, whether he's on the battlefield or not.

When Keir and Grace meet, and are stranded together, due to a blizzard, not only are they attracted t
Kimberly
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin

A kind hero forced to play the beast, a heroine who is braver and stronger than she knows, and a romance that is by turns sweet and sensual makes The Devil of Dunakin Castle a wonderful read. Heather McCollum’s writing charms the heck out of me and I loved getting lost in Grace and Keir’s story.

Grace is a wholly endearing heroine. She’s the wallflower type who finally gets a chance to come into her own and she shines. In the beginning of the story, she’
A Klue
The devil has a tough act to follow, my fellow Scottish romance book loving friends. You see, having read all the books in this series so far, The Wolf got 5 wolf whistle stars from me and The Beast and Rogue were not far behind.

The henchmen could also be used to describe Keir, the hero/perceived devil of an enforcer, whose assigned task is to carry out his laird brother’s decrees of punishment to anyone who crosses the clan’s rules, including neighboring enemies and fellow clansmen. Of course,
Lori
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read by this author, but will definitely not be the last. This is part of a series but can be read as a standalone book. Englishwoman, Grace Ellington, has made a home for herself in Scotland. She has honed her skills and become proficient in defending herself but yearns for adventure. Everyone seems to be trying to get her married off, so to get away, she sets out to help a friend who is about to go into childbirth. On her way, she gets caught in a blizzard and en ...more
Kristy K
The book begins with a blizzard to bring together our two main characters. I enjoyed the circumstances in which grace needs saving and in turn has to tend to her wounded warrior. Soon after that, it turns into a lustful tryst where the characters act like modern day people who happen to live in the 16th century. I was glad this portion was short lived as I enjoyed the dialogue between Grace and Keir. It was a mix of honest moments and witty banter that played well into overall story.

I found Gra
Cathy Geha
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Devil of Dunakin Castle by Heather McCollum
Highland Isles #4

Grace Ellington and Keir McKinnon meet when he saves her from voracious animals in the midst of a snowstorm. She returns the favor by healing his wounds from that battle only to have him kidnap her and take her to the Isle of Skye to heal his ill nephew. Keir is “The Devil of Dunakin Castle” raised to put fear into all for the heartless horrible deeds he visits on all but usually at the bequest of his chieftain – or perhaps he does
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
The Devil of Dunakin Castle is the fourth book in the Highland Isles series but can absolutely be read as a standalone. In this story Grace Ellington was a woman who longed to prove herself courageous and strong. She was unable to do so though because she had a reputation for being quite the opposite and no one who knew her was willing look past her reputation. When an opportunity came up where she would be able to travel to a new place and act as a midwife, she jumped at the chance. Grace was e ...more
Heather McCollum is an award winning, historical and YA paranormal romance writer. She earned her B.A. in Biology, much to her English professor’s dismay, and was a 2009 Golden Heart Finalist.

When she is not picking her teen’s brain for authentic attitude for her YA books and finding time to write, she is usually found educating women on ovarian cancer symptoms. Ms. McCollum has recently slayed th
More about Heather McCollum...

Highland Isles (4 books)
  • The Beast of Aros Castle (Highland Isles #1)
  • The Rogue of Islay Isle (Highland Isles, #2)
  • The Wolf of Kisimul Castle (Highland Isles, #3)