Start by marking “Callan (The Uncompromising, #5)” as Want to Read:
Callan (The Uncompromising, #5)

(The Uncompromising #5)

Callan

I was trained to be a hunter. Growing up in the nation’s most infamous, violent cult, my job was simple. Track. Kill. Survive.

And that’s what I did… until our leader threatened to kill his own daughter.

Refusing to watch another senseless murder, I did what I was trained to do. I took his life. Then I claimed his land, and set every member free, including her. I only
ebook
Published March 28th 2018

Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oh my gosh! Callan was everything I was hoping for! I have been anticipating his book since we first got introduced to him in book 3 of this standalone series. He had a very small part, but he left a huge impact.

I've never wanted to see a side character get his own book more than I did for Callan. A big part of why is because of his upbringing. That upbringing made him unique in the Alpha world.

Callan was brought up in a religious cult that was run by a man who was at his core, evil. Callan was
Juliana Philippa
I was beginning to wonder how I would ever be able to live without being on the receiving end of his total attention. I already craved the way he looked at me like he was the air I needed to breathe.
This was another great book by Sybil Bartel and was very unique, in many ways, because of the super unusual hero. Callan was raised on a cult compound, basically, and only recently, at the age of 27, entered the real world, so the way he speaks, his understanding of regular society, etc.
Kate
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Claire Cronin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 5th book in The Uncompromising series, this is Callan's story. I must say I was really looking forward to this one to see just how Sybil would portray him and whether the storyline would do him any justice - I was hooked from the start and completely blown away by this!!

Callan was raised by River Phoenix and his cult since he was a small child. We met Callan in Andre's story. Kendall / Decima was also raised by the cult (she was also River's daughter), and Callan (then known as Hero) was cha
Nicole
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Lissanne
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love alpha males but you haven’t read any books by Sybil Bartel, then you are missing out. Nobody writes alphas quite like Miss Sybil does. While you can read this book as a standalone, it will make more sense if you have read the backstory that was given in Andre’s book.

Callan Anders grew up on a compound (cult) and has been a stranger to the outside world. Once the cult’s leader dies and the cult disbanded, Callan stays behind on the property he inherited. He has ventured out briefly to
Jody
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The moment readers got their first glimpse of Callan/Hero they knew he was someone special and someone whose story deserved to be told. With this story we get into the head of a former cult member as he sets forth to make a life on his own terms. Add in the sweet and sensual romance with a young woman that society might might deem taboo and readers will find this an unforgettable read.

Callan/Hero grew up in a cult under the thumb of a vicious leader. Callan was the hunter/the provider for their
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All Callan knows is life on the compound, he is a hunter, a protector, and he lives up to every facet of his name... you give him trouble and he will give you a powerful battle. So much of his life has been dedicated to the cult he grew up in, but now that it has been dismantled and he has gained full control of the land, he has plans to finally have a life and family of his own. But in order to do that he needs a very vital part of that, a woman, and not just any woman, a woman who can accept h ...more
Cassie May
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
I rarely think about the title of books. Honestly, if it was for me, I would be happy with just having an author name, maybe a series and a number. This time I thought nothing more, since the book was “only” the name of the male MC, which is rather common these days, but I was wrong. Honestly, it was the first time, a title “clicked” with me while reading. Callan gives so much about his name and names in particular. I really really liked the message
Claire
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Callan is quite a bit different from Sybil Bartel’s other novels, while he is all alpha male he’s also naive and quite unsure of himself. Quite a hard character to get right I would guess but as with every character she writes Sybil Bartel doesn’t miss a beat. Combining his alpha traits with those more innocent traits to create a man that we just can’t help but to fall head over heels in love with.

If you’ve been following the books you will kn
Caroline F
What a THRILLING read!

"She became a visual of everything I never knew I had wanted until that moment."

Callan 'Hero' Anders was raised in a brutal, religious cult. Nurtured as a hunter, his own humane and moral nature came to the fore in order to free himself from a twisted bondage. A chance meeting with a beautiful 'Angel' at a gas station sustains him and gives him hope. He just never expects to find her again in the least likely of places.

"This man wasn't just intriguing, he was a year-long s
Brigitte
This book overlaps with book three where the River Cult was disbanded.

Hero has grown up in this cult and is the best hunter on the compound. He lost his charge when they were attacked by the FBI and hasn't been interested in "tending" to any woman since. He is now aware of his true identity and knows that Callan is his real name.

Emily is a part time nanny and a student. She and her sister Phoebe were brought up by their single mother who is now remarried.

Callan first laid eyes on Emily at a g
Chloe
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 🌟 🌟 🌟 💫
First book about someone's life after getting out of a 'cult' I've read.In general, I've liked it. The first 3 chapters I was lije 'ok I don't know what's going on, what's happening in' but it was necessary too much action in just a few pages for the story.Callan's way to be is marked by his past on the compound and it's shown perfectly. His sort of robotic way of talking, his behaviour, how he showed his emotions and his empathy. For me, they seemed cute and adorable at times, althou
Haina Hitsugaya
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read almost all of Sybil Bartel’s book and I must say that Callan is probably, in terms of how it was written, the best one yet. I loved how the story flowed. It explained why Callan is the way he is. The chemistry between Callan and Emily is well established and the conflict was laid out properly. It has a perfect mix of passion and danger. And as we all know for readers of Sybil, danger has always been a major factor in the development of the story.

As for the character of Callan, I fell
Mack Black
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was VERY different from what I am used to by Sybil Bartel, but man oh man did I LOVE IT!
Callan, a man who grew up in a crazy relgious cult, while he did not change much through the book, he still did it for me. (I have a new book boyfriend guys! and this one is gonna stay with me for a while.... plus did you notice he did not utter one F*#$ through the entire book???? what????)
He was insane... legit... because of his upbringing... but he was so male and alpha I found myself swooning
Lee Piper
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sybil Bartel never disappoints. Ever. And Callan, (The Uncompromising Series Book 5) is one of the best military romances I’ve read in a looooooong time. Okay, since Bennett (The Uncompromising Series Book 4) released. And yes, my ovaries are still recovering. Thanks for asking.

You see, I’d been in a reading slump. To be fair, it was my own fault. I went too hard reading Bennett and suddenly the gazillion and one books left on my Kindle did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing forced me to stay aw
Peggy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best read this year, love Callan, love the series, love the author’s work - go no further - you have found your favourite book!

Callan OMGOSH- if you haven’t read Sybil’s books you are missing out! I read about 300 books a year - hers are the only ones I’ve read 4x back to back. Callan is the 5th book in the Uncompromising Series and trust me, you will be buying out her entire library after you’ve read a couple of chapters. After Callan, start at the beginning with Talon and Neil - you will fall
Kristin
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read-review
Gas Station God & His Gas Station Angel = An Exceptional Romance

I have loved every book in the Uncompromising Series. Each book is more exceptional than the last. With Callan, Sybil Bartel has surpassed my expectations. Each of the books can be read as stand alone. Callan is introduced in Andre's Story. The reader is taken on a bumpy & twisting journey to find love. Callan has romance, action, intriguing characters and scorching hot chemistry. This is an extraordinary & fascinating
Kerry
Shelves: romance
So enjoyable! I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book since it is outside of my normal comfort zone. I don't read much to do with cults, and I generally stay away from step-brother romances. But there was something about this blurb that really drew me in, and I'm so glad I gave it a chance. This is the first book I have read in this series and while it may be enjoyed more if read in order, I thought it stood alone pretty well.

I really liked Callan. He has a very direct and straight for
Liz Gavin
I need a Hero!

As I write this, I cannot get rid of Bonnie Tyler's voice in my head shouting. "I need a Hero". I do too! But, it's got to be Callan Anders. Okay, that reference just showed my age, but... what can I do? LOL If you don't know the song, search it and you'll get my point.

At this point, I must confess I'm an addict. I'm hooked on Sybil Bartel's drop-dead gorgeous Alphas, both from the Uncompromising and the Thrust series. I can't stop reading them LOL

Having said that, I'd point out
Sabrina Pawn
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My God... Callan is life!! And did you see the cover model? *Fans self... Please let me wipe the drool from my mouth!!

The fifth book in the Uncompromising series is everything. I’m still processing this book and in my feels because I didn’t want it to end.

Can I just say that... Callan is life! From the beginning to end - his actions, how he carried himself, his blunt straightforward alpha ways had me feeling some type of way and Emily the shy, sweet, naive women had me in my feels as well. I l
Kari Hansen
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callan was raised in a cult and when he could no longer handle what the leader was doing to it’s members he took matters into his own hands. He released the members into society and now owns the lands held by the cult. When he finds out that the sister he thought was deceased is alive he embarks on a mission to find her and is surprised to find out that she is actually his stepsister and the woman he had a chance encounter with a year earlier that he has never forgotten.

Emily has not forgotten t
ToniAnn Papa
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't fall in love with your stepbrother.
Callan was saved from a life he never wanted, but had no choice. He meets this gorgeous lady at a gas station and never excepts to see her again. Until, he goes searching for his sister, when he runs across his gorgeous gas station lady. It's love at first sight with Emily when she meets the gas station god. A year later, she sees him again. Callan is on the search for his sister, Andrea. He never expected to see Emily again, at his father's house.

Jo
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So here we are with Callan's story.  We did come across him earlier in the series, and he was a bit of an odd one.  That is explored in more detail here.

Because of Callan's nature, this book has a very different feel to the previous books in the series, which were more highly charged.  Here, the tone is much more matter of fact.  The relationship is much less frustrating with less unnecessary drama.

Don't get me wrong - this is not a boring book.  And at only 173 pages, it was a one sitting read.
M
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I have loved every book I have read by Sybil Bartel, that being said this one was just okay for me. The characters just didn’t resonate with me like the previous books. Callan/Hero was raised in a cult and when that ended he went looking for the sister he never knew he had. When he found his biological father he was surprised to find Emily there, they had a short encounter a year earlier. He finds out Emily is his stepsister, as his bio father remarried. This story does have the intrigue and act ...more
Elise Hargreaves
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series that I have read and I loved it and now I want to go to the beginning and read them all! Callan was so genuinely honest, pure, intense and completely and unapologetically alpha and Emily was also genuine, kind, caring and insecure and totally unaware of her own beauty. These two characters catch each other eye and have an instant connection that neither one of them can put from their mind and a year later their lives collide in a completely unexpected way. Th ...more
Azalia
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callan “Hero” Anders is a alpha male like no other. Emily is a strong sweet woman who loves with her whole heart. Their upbringing plays a huge rule in their love story. Can Emily give a man so intense who’s lived in a cult compound her heart. They connect instantly. They reconnect after a year under unusual circumstances. Their is were their love begins. Sybil also brings back characters from previous books in this series to add to their story. I loved that. It is a standalone. Bravo Chica!
Flow
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was a great book. i loved Hero and i was really curious about him in Andrè's book.
I hate that she bring back his past even if he didn't love the other girl,but i can understand it because he grow up with a different kind of people so he kind of have to understand what he felt with Decima and how he feeling with Emily. And i apreciate he kept his position with her, respecting her and loving her because she really annoyed me ,i hated how she push him away million of times.
I would love more co
Sassy Southern Girl
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every woman needs a Hero...

Callan was raised in a cult. He was a hunter. A protector. A Hero. He was Emily’s Hero. She tried hard not to fall for Callan because he was her step-brother, but he was not letting that title stop him from being with Emily. He may have been raised in a violent cult but when it came to Emily his heart was beating just for her.

This sexy, slow burn, alpha romance will leave you anxiously turning the pages while devouring every word. It will leave you breathless, wantin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sybil grew up in Northern California with her head in a book and her feet in the sand. She used to dream of becoming a painter but the heady scent of libraries with their shelves full of books about wistful summer days and first loves drew her into the world of storytelling.

Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn't get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in t

The Uncompromising (6 books)
  • Talon (The Uncompromising, #1)
  • Neil (The Uncompromising, #2)
  • André (The Uncompromising, #3)
  • Bennett (The Uncompromising, #4)
  • Roark (The Uncompromising, #6)