Start by marking “Unconventional” as Want to Read:
Unconventional

Unconventional

(Indulgence #1)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B078N6N4ZB

This book was part of The Vault: A Sinfully Sexy Collection.

Erika Ellis is available to everyone, each night, on their TV—news at five-thirty and again at six o’clock. Viewers think they know her.

They don’t, not like I do.

I’ve watched her—closer than the others—not only on the news, but at all hours of the day and n
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 130 pages
Published January 1st 2018 by Romig Works LLC (first published October 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Unconventional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unconventional

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Unconventional (stand-alone) by Aleatha Romig.

“If I tell the truth, will you fuck me and then punish me?”
I swear my cock doubles in size. “I could punish you for topping from the bottom.”

Unconventional (stand-alone novella) opens up to anchor woman Erika Ellis aka Kitten’s stale-mate existence. Her marriage is falling apart and every year proves more challenging to keep up in her career.

A little appreciation for what you have or don’t have…. goes a long way. Erika will learn that t
Sophia Triad
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Victor Cross has been watching Erica for some time now. As your typical hard-working stalker, he knows the details about her life, he knows her weaknesses and he knows that she is unhappy. Maybe some good old BDSM will make her smile again.

She’s a public figure, and it fucking pisses me off to think that she stars in other men’s wet dreams. It’s part of the game she plays for the station—perceived availability. It boosts the ratings, but it’s fiction. Her availability isn’t real. She doesn’t b
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Trust, Obey, Submit" Stars

Oh my,.........................

photo notwhatgoodgirlsdo_zpsjxndhn3f.gif

Erika Ellis is all about her career as a news anchor, how to advance, how to get better ratings and keep the best figure. Her marriage has slipped into the comfort zone and it's become unfulfilling and lackluster.

Victor Cross is obsessed with Erika, he wants to control her and own every part of her.

I was so happy to be back reading Aleatha's twisted side, although this one wasn't dark it has a giant twist. The twist was very obvious
Alp
2.25/5

A huge disappointment. This one didn't match up to the author’s other books.

I decided to give this one a go since I saw many positive reviews of it. I must admit I expected a lot from this novella, but sadly, it failed me.

The plot was too predictable and the twist ending came as no surprise to me at all. Actually, I saw that coming a mile away! I think I've already read this kind of plot twist somewhere before—not exactly the same but close enough, at least for me. I have to say that this
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This story is very unconventional......there’s a twist and I didn’t see it coming. This is an erotic novella, it is Short, Sexy and Sizzlin!

In true Aleatha Romig fashion, she has you thinking one way and she slowly but surely knocks you for a loop. She manages to get a full story in a short space. She also had my emotions twisted as usual with her dark and edgy words. This story pushes boundaries but I loved the story in the end.

The blurb says what you need to know going into the stor
Michelle
Wow!!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Unconventional is part of anthology The Vault. It's also the first book I 've read from this author. I know I should of read her soon. I m just delighted I did. This book is just brilliant. It's smoking hot in every way. The story is so good it messes with your head in so ways. But it is just written so well. I read this in just a few hours which is really good for me. I hooked from the very start till the end. I actually wish it was longer. I really can't wait to read more from this aut
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
4.5 'unconventional' stars

“The truth hurts, but sometimes pain is the best medicine.”
- Erika Ellis

“I want more.
I want less.
I want to have control in my life.
I want to give it all up.
I don’t know what I want.”
- Erika Ellis

* * *
“You’re special to me. Only to me. You’re everything to me. You’re whatever I want you to be: my slut, my whore, and the love of my life. We’ll be together forever.”
- Victor

* * *
“My plans may be unconventional, but the conventional hasn’t worked. She’s ignored me
Timitra
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

I was intrigued from the first page and in love by the last despite figuring the twist out pretty early on. It did not take away at all from my enjoyment in fact it enhanced it so much so I need an interlude with Mr. Cross.

Although short the author managed to weave a well crafted tale that is not only off the scales hot but also gives a sense of who these characters are and their struggles. I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope the author writes more stories in this world.

I highly reco
Beverly
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This book definitely had the Romig twist, but nothing too heavy. I thought it was a fun, sexy read with a good message. I can't say much without spoiling, so I'll just say if you want something sexy to read the Vault is a good place to start!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unconventional is the first of the Vault series. They are all quick, stand-alone novellas.

Want a ride! There is an intense connection between Erika Ellis and Victor Cross. An "unconventional" encounter occurs. Sparks ignite. Dark and twisted desires unfold. And the ending, wow! I was shocked and confused and then..... Enlightened.

Hot, sexy, twisted, dark. This was a quick and dirty read! I was on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for Unexpected! Nothing like a taste of the dark side. I have been
Coco.V
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 Stars
Crystal Gray
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aleatha is new to me, her writing style was good. The story line took a bit to get into but she sure made up for it (and yes she even warned us!) I loved it. Unconventional is sometimes the only way.
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
unconventional

Unconventional by Aleatha Romig
Book Review: 5 Stars

Oh. My. God. What did I just read? Holy shit, this novella was dark! *deep breaths* Okay, it wasn’t that dark but it was dark enough for me, because I don’t read dark romance but I was feeling adventurous and I could get out of my comfort zone with a known and beloved author of mine: Aleatha Romig. *takes another deep breath* So, let’s do this...

Unconventional was a twisted sexy story.

Erika was a public figure, intelligent, strong and always in
Becca
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well that was a big zag, where I thought would be a zig. Surprising, steamy and sexy.
Candice
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not a bad read. Left me confused for a bit. But the ending cleared it all up. Very interesting concept that’s for sure.
Badass Bloggettes
I have just read Aleatha Romig's Unconventional and WOW this lady is great at dark, light, suspense. Every time I read a book by this author I am blown away at how good the writing is and the story.

Unconventional is exactly what it say's on the tin, very Unconventional.

I found myself starting to read and wonder, where on earth is Aleatha taking us and actually shocked at the first few chapters at what I was reading, however, do not be afraid everyone, Aleatha is true to her writing form and low
Chris
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won an ARC of Unconventional in a random draw. Fans of Aleatha Romig and those who have never read her books will delight in her contribution to The Vault. In Unconventional, Ms. Romig brings her A-game to her story of a television news woman struggling with personal and career issues. With surprising twists and turns, the author gives us a beautifully written tale with just the right amount of suspense and sexual sauciness. Unconventional is a delectable read not to be missed!
Mistress
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story! It had an original spin on it that I haven’t read anywhere else. I loved the twist and the clever writing leading up to it. Aleatha Romig’s writing is always a pleasure; I’m a huge fan. Unconventional couldn’t be classified as dark or light, it was perfectly in the middle. This story was a page turner that had my interest from the very beginning. This author’s creative and suspenseful story is a great addition to The Vault collection.
Kayla
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was predictable. I knew what was going on within the first few pages. Otherwise, it was a really enjoyable read. I was happy to see Aleatha go back to her darker books.
Pam
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this as part of The Vault anthology.

This was an interesting combination of light and dark with a surprising twist. I'm not always a fan of darker stories, but this one kept me reading.
KindleCousins
Yes, I've been Aleatha'd again and again. And I can't get enough. This was a quick hot read. @ about 20% I realized I was extremely too comfortable. I knew I was going to be Aleatha'd. I knew it was coming, but I was still caught off guard. This was a great read as usual. If you don't know, we love Aleatha sooo much. I swear I'm running to her table 1st in Denver!!!

-5 stars
Natasha
Kristin Kent
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aleatha has returned to her dark side with this novella in the Vault anthology. I'll admit, she had me going for a while, wondering where this story could possibly lead to...First of all, you have what appears to be an eerie stalker....someone who watches every move a young newscaster makes at a mid-market station in the midwest. Told through the "stalker's" eyes, we see the young woman in a different light than she sees herself or others see her. Suffice to say, the "stalker" and his "prey" mee ...more
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Unconventional intrigued me a lot. It's a short story, but one that you understand what happened before and after, so you wont be left in doubt. It's a complete story. So if you are needing a fast and compelling read this one is a good choice.

Sometimes all we need is just a twist in our life, to be happy!
That's what happened to Erika one day when she sees herself in a situation where fear and excitement leaves you wondering.
She took the right path and now nothing cant stop her from happiness!

Ale
Cynthia Chan
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is no one in my list that can surpass Aleatha when it comes to dark romance. The way she writes is addictive. And all the sexy scenes fit the story to a T. Nothing superfluous about it, just the perfect balance. My only comment is that the story ended too soon. It just whetted my appetite for more. Can't get enough of Aleatha.
I am reviewing Unconventional by Aleatha Romig who gracefully gave me an Arc.
aniryllis
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, ebooks
This is the updated, doubled in length version of His to Have.
Susan Haught
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aleatha Romig is one of my "auto-buy" authors, and this one didn't disappoint. I read a lot of romance, but when I want to really dig in and forget about the real world, I dive into one of hers, where dark romance outshines a full moon on the crest of the ocean.

This one gives us everything Romig delivers on a regular basis, and more. When the twist came, it hit me over the head, and I thought "WOW"! I did not see it coming. Well done, Ms. Romig. Well done!

The only thing I didn't like about this
Jackie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 stars for Aleatha. She knows to capture your attention from the beginning. I was hooked from the first page.

Erika was a successful newscaster. She had everything going for professionally. She was strong-willed, a go-getter. In her personal life, everything was the opposite. She was at a standstill.

Then comes Victor Cross and sends her life in a tailspin. In a weekend he manages to change her life. He is unexpected and unconventional.

The wonderful twisted events will keep you wanting
Tajana
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book by Aleatha Romig. It was little different then her usual writing, still on the dark side and perfectly written as always.
Aleatha knows how to tell the story, she does it so cleverly. In this story there was not many twists and turns, per say, that we see in her books, however it was surprising and unexpected. I enjoyed ever bit of it!
It is an unconventional story (punt intended) but I will not tell you any more secrets.
This is a absolutely must read and I truly hope you
Cheryl Wilkins
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I've read everything this author has put out. I have never been disappointed. I also never read dark until Aleatha Romig Consequence Series. I have to say she's brought me over to the other side, the dark side.
I had no idea where this story was going. I did not see it coming, the twist. As soon as you think you can figure out where the plot is going she'll prove you wrong.
But that is why I love reading her books, light or dark. I don't think there is anything she can't write.
You will love
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gaige (Captive to the Dark, #3)
  • Tabula Rasa
  • His Ransom (A Dark Billionaire Romance, #5)
  • King (Impossible, #7)
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Savaged
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Retribution (The Devil's Kiss, #1.3)
  • Cirque de Minuit (Cirque Masters, #1)
  • Something's Come Up
  • Once Upon a Time in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #8)
  • Wanted: Found (Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • Betrayed (World Without Love, #1)
  • Eye Contact
  • The Vitamin D Treatment (The Vitamin D Treatment, #1)
  • Necessary Roughness (HotShots, #1)
  • The Prisoner (The Replacement, #1.5)
Aleatha Romig is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Indiana. She grew up in Mishawaka, graduated from Indiana University, and is currently living south of Indianapolis. Aleatha has raised three children with her high school sweetheart and husband of over thirty years. Before she became a full-time author, she worked days as a dental hygienist and s ...more

Indulgence (3 books)
  • Unexpected (Indulgence #2)
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence #3)