Start by marking “Christmas In Homestead” as Want to Read:
Christmas In Homestead

Christmas In Homestead

Treat yourself to ebooks inspired by Hallmark Christmas movies. Enjoy a heartwarming, feel-good story…and find out what happens after the movie ends.

A Hollywood movie star.
A small-town single dad.
A magical romance.

Christmas is almost here, but Jessica has other things on her mind. Being the producer as well as the star of her new movie is a big challenge, and her
Published October 24th 2017 by Hallmark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Christmas In Homestead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas In Homestead

Start your review of Christmas In Homestead
Joy
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Okay, I loved this movie and when Hallmark announced that they had turned the plot into a book my eyebrow perked just a little. Part of me thought that it wasn't worth it but the other part of me was interested. And it was worth it.

This book stays true to the original movie, giving it new insight and a fresh voice.

Jessica just wants to get a movie done in Homestead but there's one thing standing in her way. Matt is the town's
My review is 4.65 stars

I'm very big fan and black hole who sucks Hallmark movies in and I'm reading books since I was 7. So when I get to know that Hallmark movies are now books too, I was over the moon because I will love to cherish the same story in one of my more favourite versions and I really did.

I loved the book version more, sorry movies! But the way book is written is quite beautiful and really loved it. I loved the characters more in comparison of the movie.

Holmes Girl
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Thanks to NetGalley for providing a copy of this book for an honest review.

Like those Hallmark Christmas movies; but don't have access to 'watch' them? Well you can 'read' them instead. Christmas in Homestead is based on the movie of the same name and its written counterpart doesn't disappoint. The main plot is a Christmas, rom-com movie set within a movie; or in this case book. Jessica, a famous actress in her own right, is producing her first film on location in the fictitious town of
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I’m enjoying the novel adaptations of Hallmark Channel’s Christmas movies that are currently available. It gives a slightly different perspective of a story I’ve already enjoyed with a few additions to make the story even more enjoyable in written form. The characters are even more fleshed out with access to their internal thoughts and motivations. I love movies, I love books but these are giving me the best of both worlds.

Christmas in Homestead is a fun Christmas
Heather
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet and clean story - there is no questionable content in this one at all.

This book is a companion to the Hallmark movie Christmas In Homestead, but it is so much more than just a verbatim re-telling of that story. I have read three out of the four Hallmark movie-to-book adaptations and they were really good, but this one is my absolute favorite of the bunch. I enjoyed the movie, don't get me wrong, but the book so much better because it was able to delve deeper into everyone's
Carol
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas in Homestead is about an actress who wants to Produce her own movie and she wants to do that in a quaint little town in Homestead where she heard the mayor does not want to have any part of it. Now, she is staying at the towns bed and breakfast while filming-. Guess who owns the bed and breakfast? And when she pulled into town she orders some cupcakes and guess who she mistakes as a worker there at the bakery? Can you believe all that and with all that stacked against her guess who is ...more
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it

poppy
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying the books from Hallmarks Christmas movie's and this one did not disappoint a super read for a lazy weekend.This book is Matts and Jessica's story he is the stick in the mud grumpy mayor and dad to ten-year-old Sophie and owns the Lodge that Actress Jessica and the rest of her cast and crew.These two had me laughing out loud at times but they also had their sweet times together a good read
Heidi Timmons
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Made me cry.

I have seen the movie, so it impressed me how the author made me feel emotion for an ending I already expected. I love the author’s ability to take the characters further off-screen. I love the premise of an actress falling for a small town dad, and the daughter Sophie is a cute addition to the book. I loved the short chapter from her point of view. A surprisingly sweet read set in a Christmas-loving small town.
Stella Thompson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Christmas in Homestead is a fun story for the holidays. Jessica is an actress looking to produce movies. Matt is the mayor of Homestead, and although he wants the income for Homestead, he really doesn’t want the disruption a movie crew will bring to his town.

I enjoyed this book, knowing it was also made into a Hallmark movie. It was funny and sweet and of course, has HEA!

Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
A sweet Christmas tale with a predictable ending but that is what we love about Hallmark. The love story with a happy ending.

When I read this book I had not watched the movie yet so I loved being surprised as I was reading. You will fall in love with little Sophie as she is a doll. She adds such character and excitement to the book. She became my favorite character.

This is the perfect book to read as you wind down from a busy day of shopping and visiting. Grab a cup of cocoa and turn on your
Kirsten
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A Hallmark e-book excited me.
I love Hallmark movies- love the thought of books with more of the story.
A Hallmark Christmas movie is a holiday treat.

The descriptions made me see Homestead, I could be there.
Homestead is a perfect place to celebrate Christmas.
I want to go there.
I want to hang out or go on a carriage ride with them.

I loved reading the story behind the movie!
I highly recommend!!
Jacki
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Kara Tate.

What I liked:
The writing style
The characters
Sophie
The setting
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading more from this author.
I received this book for free from NetGalley. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.
Debbie
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am very much enjoying being able to read the novel version of the Hallmark movies I so enjoy. This was my third one and it was so good.
carol j. gaughf
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wedding in Homestead!

This would have been better if a wedding could have taken place between Matt and Jessica for the ending. Oh well!
Lisa Book Stacks
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A hoilday book into a movie -thats about making a movie in a small town with great characters . Perfect holiday movie and book.
Kayla
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for giving me this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

I’m really enjoying all of these novel adaptations of Hallmark’s Christmas movies. This is the second one I've read so far, following Love You Like Christmas: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie. I am a sucker Hallmark movies, but the books are so much better because they allow you to get into the characters' thoughts and use your

Christina Montminy
Sweet Christmas story that leaves you with that happy feeling at the end. Definitely a great feel good Christmas story. Definitely recommend to read. I received this book from the publisher through Net Galley for an honest review.
Liberty Kontranowski