Start by marking “Sweet Pease (Thornton Vermont, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Pease (Thornton Vermont, #2)

Sweet Pease

(Thornton Vermont #2)

Kate Pease has everything under control--her bakery’s expansion, her best friend’s wedding, and her carefully guarded heart--until Thornton College’s new novelist-in-residence maligns her scones in a student newspaper. Never one to back down from a challenge, Kate confronts him, only to discover he’s more dreamy academic than snarky stranger. Living in a postcard town, ...more
Kindle Edition
Published November 14th 2017 by Bannerwing Books

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Pease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Pease

Start your review of Sweet Pease (Thornton Vermont, #2)
Angela Amman
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Pease bursts at the seams with characters I’d love to know — or maybe even be. A visiting English professor whose focus on his novels sometimes leads him to say the wrong thing and a sassy pastry chef who dishes out advice while putting together snacks for her friends collide in Sweet Pease, but Ewan and Kate are surrounded by friends and family members who make Thornton, Vermont feel more like a glimpse into a real world than a fictional one.

Readers of Cameron D. Garriepy’s first novel,
John Dolan
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good back-catalogue of popular novels, must be in want of a wife."
When visiting author Ewan Lovatt makes the mistake of casually criticizing Kate Pease's scones, it seems likely that a war rather than a romance will result. For Kate is the formidable owner of the Sweet Pease bakery, and a woman who has suffered heartbreak before...
Ms. Garriepy is well-practiced at pulling the reader's heartstrings, and her many fans
Jennie Goutet
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Pease is a delightful read, and I was thoroughly immersed in the fictional lives in this tiny little town in Vermont. There are strong family and friend ties in place from the first book in the series, Damselfly Inn, and let me clarify that Sweet Pease is not dependent on the first, it only tells the story of another character. But it also means you get to spend more time with each of them.

Ewan is a swoon-worthy hero who's come to town, and he inadvertently disrupts everyone's lives (or at
Jaima
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to get an advance copy. Read it in a day and couldn't put it down. I already loved Kate from book 1 in the series--and I think I might have even enjoyed her story even better than the first. She's delightfully imperfect, which makes her real. The relationship bumps along realistically too, nothing overdone, but with enough tension and setbacks to make me anxious for them, and happy when they commit at the end. I'm hooked--definitely reading the next in the series!
Texas
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Damselfly Inn #1 - Other than the usage of lowercase God throughout the story, I enjoyed the story. The multiple storylines are interesting. I like all of the characters but Kate and Jack are my favorites.

The importance of family and love is a strong part of the fabric woven with humor, anger, frustration and other emtions. The story is intriguing and there are a couple of moments of suspense.

I skipped over the sex scenes so I do not know how graphic they are and the very infrequent usage of
Marcie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kate Pease is a talented baker, excited about her plans to expand her thriving bakery business. She is single, and definitely not looking for love at this point in her life. Ewan Lovatt is a successful novelist, temporarily in Thornton to teach at the local college and to research local information for his next book. They meet after Ewan unintentionally made disparaging remarks about Kate's scones, and those remarks were quoted in print -- and then the sparks fly. Though Kate has a fiery temper, ...more
Molly
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate had her heart broken in Paris. Matthieu spoke of her as if she had been a weekend tourist bar conquest.

In her home town, she tried to keep things casual and well defined since then, trying to protect her heart.

Her new man was well past her defenses long before she realized it. Proof of plans for a summer departure leave her cold. Especially when she hears him speak of her being uninterested.

Miscommunications are easy. Facing up to possibilities of something special and risks around that,
Claudia
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second book of Thornton, Vermont picks up where the first book stops - the new couple are planning the engagement and wedding party with their friends and if it were not for the title it would not really be clear who the next couple would be.
Although it is a continuation the book is written in a way that the book could be read as a stand-alone, but of course it is bound into the series, so it is definitely better to read from the beginning.
The series is entertaining and layered with a good
M
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kate Pease and Ewan Lovatt

Ewan has stepped in it and not even realizes it. He never should have said anything about the scones being dry to the college reporter! There it is in black and white for Kate to see, and if there's one thing she knows, her scones are not dry! Visiting professor and writer and guest of her best friend Nan at the Damselfly Inn she will let him have it! What happens next? Only one way to find out, read this great story by Cameron D. Garriepy. You wont be disappointed!
Stephanie
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series...as I first started reading it, even though I knew it was focused on Kate, I found myself wanting to see more details on my old friends Nan & Joss, then next thing I knew was immersed in Kate's story. I love the intertwining story lines that take you on their journey yet dropping some mysterious hints of (hopefully!) things to come in future books. I can picture this Vermont college town and would love to book a stay at the Damsefly Inn and meet this group of friends who ...more
Jane
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to review this by Libraything.com

Such a sweet read and just before Valentines Day. The reader is really drawn to this fictional town in Vermont. Kate is expanding her bakery.

leads on from the first book with family and friends and of course Kate. Readers do not have to read the first book, reader will enjoy this as a stand alone book, but why not read both.

Then there is the gorgeous Ewan - tension and disruption - is worth it in the end.

Sweet read in the romance sense and baked
Marie McKenney
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the small town books.

Ewan and Kate meet in a funny way. She is mad at him and then he tries to apologize. They are both so wonderful but both kind of shy. It is fun to see their romantic ups and downs. Both do not share their feelings but they end up together. Love their exploration of her town in order for him to find characters for his book. This town and the people in it are so cute when they are helping them out. Love this book.
Barbara
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Thornton Vermont series a well written story with a very good storyline. This is Ewan Lovatt is in Thornton, Vermont for a semester to teach he meets pastry chef Kate Pease there will be somethings these two will have to get over. I enjoyed reading this story and want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Daria Liston
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual Garriepy doesn’t disappoint. Her familiar style let’s you fall right into her world with relatable characters. Sweet Pease is a great follow to Damselfly Inn, keeping touch with our original characters and further developing new ones. Even though you often know where the characters are headed you enjoy the ride and can’t wait for them to get there.
Jenny_acc
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is the 2nd book of the series, and sadly it wasn't as good as the first one.My biggest problem was Kate really. I couldn't stand her. She's basically being a brat through the whole book. Very,very unlikeable.
Karen Turner
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent read. Can't wait for more. We have Nan & Joss married. Kate & Ewan soon to be. I hope the next book involves Jack & Anna. The description of Thornton, Vermont makes me feel like I'm right there.
Sandra
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this one!
Yafania T.
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Pease is funny and steamy. Kate and Ewan have incredible chemistry. Watching the sparks fly when they spar makes this second installment all the more enjoyable.
Coco.V
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute book about Kate
Lisa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I admit that I am a little biased, as I was asked to give feedback to an earlier version of Sweet Pease, however Cameron D. Garriepy remains one of my favorite romance writers. This is a tasty treat, with rich descriptions, complex characters and a town I would absolutely love to live in.
Rebecca Carmickle
lydia Martinez
Jan 28, 2018
Linda Younger
Jun 04, 2018
Goodreads Reviewe...: Sassy romance novel seeks reviewer 1 9 Nov 27, 2017 07:28PM

• As Deep As The Ocean (Vaquita Beach #1)
  • Jerkwater
  • Over My Dead Husband's Body (A Ghosts of Landover Mystery Book 1)
  • Kitchen Canary
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Say You Love Me (Pine Valley, #3)
  • No One's Bride (Escape to the West #1)
  • Holly Freakin' Hughes
  • Trusting You
  • Ice Hunters
  • Just for Now (Escape to New Zealand, #3)
  • Until Here (Until, #1.5)
  • The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride
  • The Beauty of Perhaps
  • Ice (Dr. Leah Andrews and Jack Hobson Thrillers, #1)
  • Only in Dreams (Stubborn Love, #2)
  • Something Found
  • Crush on You (Bliss Brothers #1)
Cameron Garriepy is a New England-based author of smart, sexy, small-town love stories. She’s been devouring romance novels since she discovered Judith Krantz in the stacks of the local library. Previously, she’s been a nanny, a pastry cook, a camp counselor, and an office manger. Current status: driving her son places and wrangling a badly-behaved pug.

Every day is your love story. Go live it.

Thornton Vermont (4 books)
  • Damselfly Inn (Thornton Vermont, #1)
  • Family Practice (Thornton Vermont #3)
  • Sugaring Season (Thornton Vermont #4)