Start by marking “Thirst of Steel (The Tox Files, #3)” as Want to Read:
Thirst of Steel (The Tox Files, #3)

Thirst of Steel

(Tox Files #3)

Dismantled centuries ago, the sword of Goliath is still rumored to thirst for its enemies' blood. Cole "Tox" Russell only wants to begin his life with Haven Cortes, but he must first complete a final mission: retrieve that sword and destroy the deadly Arrow & Flame Order.

The AFO, however, is determined to claim the sword. Wielding their father's life over Tzivia and Ra
Published July 31st 2018 by Bethany House Publishers

Kelly Bridgewater
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS CONCLUSION!!!

I have read both books in Ronie Kendig's The Tox Files series: Conspiracy of Silence and the Crown of Souls and loved them, so of course, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Thirst for Steel. I have heard about this book since I finished the Crown of Souls, and I have been patiently waiting for this book like a little kid trying to behave on the way to Disney World for the first time. Finally, I got the book in my hand, and Kendig did not disappoint.

As always, Kendig's w
Toni Shiloh
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronie Kendig’s books are in a genre unto themselves. Yes there’s suspense, but Thirst of Steel is surrounded on the mysterious sword of Goliath. So that brings in history and a little bit of the surreal—dare I say, fantasy?

The guys are military and you really don’t see that a lot. It’s one of the reasons I became a fan of Ms. Kendig’s works. I love the military–I’m a vet–and I love reading about it.

Then there’s a thread of romance in here. Y’all, I was surprised left and right in this area. In f
Cara Putman
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a roller-coaster of a ride to the end of this compelling series. Loved every page!!!
Sarah Monzon
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronie Kendig promises rapid-fire fiction and that is what she delivers. What an epic, emotion-twisting ending to a fantastic, blood-pumping series. I’m going to miss the guys with Wraith but I’m interested to see what Ronie has up her sleeve next for her readers. #morecellplease #andmercy #ramforever
Deena
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritereads
Loved the story, but I'm rather miffed at Ronie Kendig right now...and I'm pretty sure she knows why! 😢😕😱
Courtney Clark
Shelves: favorites
It's no secret I've loved the previous books in this series for all their Indiana Jones and military valor incidents. But this Thirst of Steel, the third and final book in the "Tox Files" series EXPLODES onto the scene and takes beloved characters on a journey that changes everything. Ronie Kendig has established herself as one of my favorite authors with this series alone. It's now one of my absolute favorites! (I highly recommend reading this series in order for the best experience.)

To say it
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I couldn't imagine a more epic and emotional conclusion to The Tox Files series! I loved reading about the team members and the new details that emerged about their backstory and what motivates them, especially Ram and his sister Tzi. It's a nail-biter from the start, and the author definitely exhibits why her tagline is "rapid-fire fiction"! Literal nail-biting is the reason why I have to limit the suspense books I read, but it was so worth it. The romance between Cole and Haven bring all the f ...more
Brittany
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thirst of Steel is the amazing, action-packed, and emotional conclusion to the Tox Files series. This is definitely a series that I recommend reading all of the books in order. You will fall in love with these strong, intense characters!

The author, once again, did an amazing job of combining fast paced military action and suspense with a beautiful love story. All through the book I swooned over Cole and Haven’s feelings for each other. It has been building throughout the previous stories and Thi
Mikal Dawn
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin. Ronie keeps getting better with each book! With charismatic, tortured characters whose flaws and heroism are all too real, she weaves a tale to end all tales with this third--and sadly last--Tox Files novel. The rapid-fire action and intensity had me mesmerized, mouth-gaped, and eyes glued to the pages of this book. It was heart-wrenching and oh-so-incredible.

You amaze me, Ronie Kendig. I can't wait for your next series!
V. Palmer
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until two in the morning to finish reading Thirst of Steel by Ronie Kendig.

Two. In. The. Morning.

Worth. Every. Minute.

I can't believe this is the last book... I can't believe The Tox Files are over... What am I going to do now??? (If you're acquainted with Tox, then you know I'm NOT being dramatic. If you aren't...well, all three books are available now, so I'd say it's time to binge read!) I'm trying really hard to hold my emotions in check because I know if I open that door, there'
Fiction Aficionado
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I’ve just had the life drained out of me—although I’m pretty sure that’s just the adrenal letdown after finishing the most intense and epic conclusion to a series I’ve read in I don’t know how long. I know I’ve gushed about Ronie Kendig’s books before, but... Wowser! That was masterful. And brilliant. And...heartbreaking! But still right, somehow. And now I have to figure out how to function in the real world while I recover…

If you haven’t read the previous books in this series, I hi
Amy Etner
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Tox! This 3rd and final book of the series took a bit of a spin in a different direction than the first 2. But I still fully enjoyed it and could not put it down! You learn a lot more about Ram in this book and wow, is there a lot to learn!! The twists and turns throughout the story definitely kept me turning (or shall I say swiping since I read an e-copy of the book?) the pages. All Tox wants to do is go home and be with Haven. But in order to do that he has gone deep undercover to elimin ...more
Marylin
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m having a hard time processing all that I experienced through this book.
There were moments of questioning and thinking I had it figured out.
Saying out loud, “Wait! that can’t be!”
Followed by, “OH! I knew it!”
Then there were those times I wanted to stop reading because I didn’t want to read what I was reading. The emotions were so raw.
All this to say, Ronie Kendig is a HIGHLY GIFTED STORYTELLER!
She knows how to twist and turn the story in so many ways you don’t see what’s right in front o
McKenzie Dean
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thirst of Steel is one of Kendig’s best books yet! If you’ve ever heard of Ronie Kendig, you know that the books she pens are some of the best ones out there; however, with The Tox Files series, I believe she’s somehow managed to up her writing game. The whole series, from first line to last, is intriguing, heart-pounding, adventurous, and gritty. Every single character is genuine and so easy to relate to, whether they’re FBI agents or Special Forces soldiers. With this last book, Kendig rais ...more
Andi
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished this UH-MAZING book yesterday and I still can't think straight. My emotions have been completely wracked and I don't know how or when I will recover from this book.
Ms. Kendig calls her books Rapid Fire Fiction and that is exactly what she delivers. Her latest, and final book of The Tox Files is an emotion packed thrill ride, filled with suspense, action, and romance.
As I read this book I kept wondering where and how Ms. Kendig came up with all she put in this book. Her story creativi
Deana Dick
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sharp, Precise, Target, Danger, Espionage, Secrets, Enemies, Courage and Determination is a great description of this book by the brilliant and talented author. The characters are fierce and their job is to complete their mission at all cost.

It is a race that will takers readers around the world as the coveted artifact is the prize. Many are willing to die for it and others will destroy their enemy to possess it. The story is action packed and full of surprises. It is a nonstop thrill a minute a
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Looking for jaw-dropping awe inspiring suspense? Look no further than Thirst for Steel, the conclusion to the Tox Files series. Kendig is at the top of her game. Known for keeping readers on their toes, and always mixing things up, Kendig constantly falls under the “expect the unexpected” category. I found myself trying to figure out what would happen next, and yet delightfully surprised when I was wrong. This book is perfect for a vacation straight to the edge of your seat. They don’t call it r ...more
Amy Bradsher
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thirst of Steel will keep you up at night and crossing the globe as you accompany Tox on his quest to save the world from the Russian terrorists bent on destroying it. It’s a journey that will play out before your eyes as you read it and will haunt your dreams after you finish.

It did this to me – literally. I often read late into the night, but I found myself up with Thirst of Steel much later than usual, completely unable to put the book down and go to sleep. I literally read until I slept, som
Consuelo Sanchez
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronie Kendig has done it again! In her latest novel Thirst of Steel, she brings together the final pieces in the centuries old conflict while bringing Biblical history alive. Tox and his team return once more to recover the blade that was used to kill Goliath and curse the Nizaris. It kept me on the edge wanting to read more and more into uncovering the truth of Thefarie and Cathey and I was in suspense of whether or not the AFO was going to find out what Tox and his right hand man and friend Ra ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am prepared for two things when I step into a Ronie Kending story. The first is that I’m going to be swept up into immediate, nonstop adventure and twists and turns I could not even have imagined coming my way. The second is that I will form an intense connection with her characters and spend time when I’m not reading the book worrying about their fates. I believe The Tox Files is her best series yet and Thirst of Steel was everything I could have wanted and more in a conclusion. I was left a ...more
Anne
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was gutted at the end of Thirst of Steel, the astounding conclusion to The Tox Files. It's a good thing no one was here. Seriously, my husband would have thought I was crazy, crying over a fictional character like I did but I was totally stunned and almost sick to my stomach—the emotional tension in the final chapters was off the charts! Yes. I know that sounds unbelievable. We are talking about fiction, after all. But I think that is the sign of an unquestionably good book, when the author ca ...more
Doreen
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This conclusion to The Tox Files is Rapid Fire Fiction at its best. As with the other books, there is an ancient artifact in play…Goliath’s Sword. It is believed to have brought down a curse that many are desperate to break. It seems that everyone has a different agenda in hunting for the pieces of the sword from the CIA to the Mossad, the AFO in Russia, Tox, Tzivia, and even Ram. It’s wonderfully interwoven but still pretty easy to follow. Secrets are revealed bit by bit and make for some inter ...more
Cara
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a masterful conclusion to The Tox Files. Ronie Kendig finishes the series strong. This book by turns made me want to laugh and to cry. In fact, I may have shed some tears at one point. It is fast-paced and keeps you guessing until the very end. It was an encouragement to my Christian faith. I am recommending this book to all my friends and family and even random strangers on the street. :)
Julie Mick
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This amazing book was a thrilling page turner well worth the wait. All the questions raised by the previous two books in this series are answered as Tox and Ram fight against a mighty enemy! Their friendship and dedication to each other and the their team are inspiring! There is so much tension between government agencies that I was constantly wondering who would come out on top. And the redemption of people and relationships that are broken was so beautiful. There are plot twists that will leav ...more
Inspirationalfictionreader
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am at a loss as to how to write this review. How to get across how incredibly wonderful this story, no, this entire series is ~ with no spoilers. The twists and turns will keep you reading as fast as you can while holding your breath and hoping for no interruptions. You also might find yourself telling everyone in your house ~yes, everyone ~ what is happening.

So, here is what I can say. I loved reconnecting with all the old characters. The camaraderie between the guys is great and I love the
Tzigane Monda
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ashley
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Thirst of Steel was truly an epic read! I've said before that Crown of Souls was Kendig at her finest, but she's really upped the ante with this one and outdone herself.

I was both excited and nervous to start reading Thirst of Steel, the conclusion to The Tox Files. I've really enjoyed this series. I didn't want it to end, but I needed to know how everything was going to conclude. What would become of these characters I've come to love and think of as friends?

I really don't kno
Kailey
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the start! I think this is the best one of the series. The storyline kept me hooked and guessing. I’m sad that this is the last book in the series. I’m going to miss Tox and the rest of Wraith. I recommend this entire series. I am looking forward to reading more from Ronie Kendig!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Chelsea Johnson
The final conflict will hinge on one of history's most dangerous blades
Dismantled centuries ago, the sword of Goliath is still rumored to thirst for its enemies' blood. Cole "Tox" Russell wants only to put the dangers of his past behind him and begin his new life with Haven Cortes. First, though, he's called to complete a final mission: retrieve the sword and destroy the deadly Arrow & Flame Order.

The AFO, however, is determined to reunite the sword. Threatening the life of Ram and Tzivi
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Sweet Lord Above. Yes, that's the best way to start this off as I reflect back on all that I just read in the final Tox File novel by the brilliant Ronie Kendig. Lord have mercy on my soul, she absolutely took my breath away with this incredibly moving, powerfully suspenseful, amazingly addictive novel. Ronie Kendig is a master of epic proportions when it comes to writing a Christian romantic suspense novel. This book will leave you like me: reflecting and wanting more.

The characters within this
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Rule of Law
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • The Sea Before Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #1)
  • Secret Refuge (Wings of Danger #2)
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • Trial & Tribulations (Windy Ridge #1)
  • Ghost Heart
  • The Aleppo Code  (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #3)
  • Protection Detail (Capitol K-9 Unit #1)
  • Kill Devil
  • The Raven (Coffey & Hill #2)
  • Tangled Webs (Men of Valor, #3)
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • Grace: A Bigger View of God's Love
  • None Other: Discovering the God of the Bible
  • Thunder in the Morning Calm (Pacific Rim #1)
  • The Wounded Shadow (The Darkwater Saga, #3)
  • Reclaiming Shilo Snow (The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, #2)
Ronie Kendig is an award-winning, bestselling author who grew up an Army brat. She married her own hunky hero, who’s an Army veteran. After twenty-plus years of marriage, she and her husband have a full life with four children and a retired military working dog. Ronie’s degree in psychology has helped her pen novels of raw, broken characters.

Since launching onto the publishing scene, Ronie’s Rapi

Tox Files (3 books)
  • Conspiracy of Silence (Tox Files, #1)
  • Crown of Souls (Tox Files #2)
“Life seemed to have a vendetta against him. Or maybe it was the curse come to roost in the insanity of an existence that filled his days with cruel pain and opposition.” 0 likes
“You can hide but you can't run” 0 likes