Start by marking “Cut-Throat Syndrome: A Lance Underphal Thriller (A Lance Underphal Mystery/Thriller Book 4)” as Want to Read:

If tough guys like ReacherBourne, or Bosch get you going, wait until you meet Lance Underphal and crew.

When a drone packed with explosives gets sucked into the engine of a Chinese airliner, a hacker cult claims responsibility. The next day, Lance leads a homicide detective to the headless corpse of an unidentified teenager. Throw in an ex-SEAL P.I. tracking a CIA inform
Published November 1st 2017 by MAS-9375

To ask other readers questions about Cut-Throat Syndrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut-Throat Syndrome

Fanna
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, paranormal
4.5/5

Cut-Throat Syndrome is yet another well-written, well-crafted and well-delivered psychic suspense thriller in the Lance Underphal series.

I'd read the first book in this series, Dark Side of Sunset Pointe, a few weeks ago and was excited to dive back into the psychic mind of Lance by picking up Cut-Throat Syndrome—fourth book of this series that can be enjoyed as a standalone, too. Reading the synopsis and the first few chapters, I'd assumed this would be a mystery about some ChinaAir fligh
Betsi OHara
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for lovers of paranormal mysteries! I was hooked on the first page and read straight through into the wee hours. I always enjoy Michael Allan Scott's writing but his one goes above and beyond. Kudos to the master of this genre. May he long blow our minds with his art!!
Mickey Noel
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great reading!

This was an excellent story! Lance and friends are well written and so is the plot. Having read The Dark Side of Sunset Point first, and then Cut-Throat, I need to fill in the middle stories. Well done!
Elaine Emmerick
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A HEART-POUNDING READ!

1. Characters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lance Underphal is a photographer, psychic and Reach Out for Children (ROC) Board Member.
Callie Harper is Lance's girlfriend and ROC chairwoman.
Frank Salmon is a Homicide Detective and ROC Board Member.
Lacey Friends-Salmon is Frank's wife, free-lance journalist and ROC Board Member.
Jake Jacobs is a private investigator, ex-Seal member and ROC Board Member.
Laura Steinberg is Jake's girlfriend and ROC Board Member.

2. Plot ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The scene opens with two men;
Nancy Silk
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"A Gripping, Suspenseful, Chilling Thriller"

This novel is a thriller from the beginning. It's contains paranormal talents, fantasy and takes you on a voyage to the netherworld. Psychic Lance Underphal is taking on a new challenge of discovery. A drone filled with explosives flies into the engine of a Chinese airliner. An unknown hacker cult pirates a live news program to claim responsibility. Lance's visions lead Detective Frank Salmon to a headless corpse of a teenager. PI Jake Jacobs finds out
Deirdre Yuill
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gruesome murders, bombed planes, people disappearances, political intrigue, police investigations and, of course, psychic powers make this a spellbinding read from the first page!

Lance Underphal is back again as the photographer who can communicate with the dead (including his deceased wife, Sonja) and “see” murder scenes due to his psychic powers.
This story takes his powers one step further with him also able to contact his friends when they are unconscious or in a deep sleep state. It also se
Bev
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
This book has a lot going on in it. Lance Underpal is a psychic and gets some help from his dead wife, Sonja. An anonymous hacker cult pirates a live news broadcast to claim responsibility, forcing Lance to help out Detective Frank Salmon with his visions.Things get really complex with things happening all over the world causing an international emergency. There is a plane blown up by drones, a head-less corpse, and a CIA informant gone rogue. Are they all tied together somehow? Or is this the w ...more
William
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
The last time I read a book this intense, the title was "INTENSITY" by Dean Koontz about thirty years ago. The subject matter of this book could be culled from the current political headlines. It felt like I was reading the story behind the News stories.
I have some friends who were Sub-Mariners from the Viet Nam era and twenty years after. These guys are a very close-knit fraternity (like the SEALS in this book) who stay in close contact. Many of them have migrated into the "Alphabet Agencies
Ken Stark
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cut-Throat Syndrome by Michael Allan Scott starts off with a bang. A commercial airliner is destroyed, and a hacker group called Vendetta claims responsibility for the massive death toll. Closer to home, a boy involved with Vendetta turns up dead, and it's up to a cop, an ex-SEAL turned PI, and a psychic named Lance Underphal to piece it all together. But in a world of hackers and criminals and alphabet-agencies willing to do anything to hide their deep, dark secrets, it's clear that they'll hav ...more
Karen Kearns
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
STRETCHING THE PSYCHIC ABILITIES

Lance’s metamorphosis into his psychic abilities has made this mystery series get better and better with each new book. Michael Allen Scott has said he is going to let Lance and the crew rest a bit while he develops a new protagonist, but I for one will be a very unhappy reader if there are no more Lance Underphal mysteries. This book AND this series is well worth the time to read it.
Joseph M Tyson
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mindbending

Great pace, superb characters and a riveting tale. Add the element of Lance, the psychic and, in my humble opinion, you’ve got a winner.
Janice Avery
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good reading

This is the 4th book I this series. Each book has gotten better, writing hE greatly improved. There was no end of story line is will need to read the next book to find out what halpetst
Pat
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different, and intriguing

Seems as though I have picked up fourth book in a Series, this was very strange beginning as I had no reference to the previous books\stories. Yet, as the pages turned, the weaving of all the characters became engrossing. Shall now have to locate the first three books.
Paula Letterman
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger to the Max

Though the computereze left me mistafied, after I stopped trying to figure it out (I'm technologically challenged) the action was nonstop! I can't wait for the next one. Can't figure out where it's going. Keep up the good work!
Robbie
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than the first in the series; the things that bothered me then were not an issue in this one. I enjoyed the characters and I rate it 4.6 stars.
Charlotte
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its not a fast, easy read. It's a dark complicated mystery with action and suspense from start to finish.
The descriptive words used in many of the scenes made the movie in my mind come alive. Some of the scenes are pretty gory, but the main character s are ex seals.
Lance is a lot of what sets this book apart from most mystery/thrillers. He is a psychic, and that is putting it lightly. I think book will quickly become a favorite for readers of this genre.
Tina  Helzer
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book from Mr. Scott, and I have to say I was in love.
I like the fact that these books are written as a stand-alone so that you can read them in any order and are able to read them. I was hooked from the start of the book. I was excited to see how well Lance worked with the other charters in the book and how things turned out in the end.

If you are looking for a good series to read then this is it. Once I was done reading this book, I had to go and pick up the rest of the books
W.H.
Rating
5 out of 5 Hearts

What an Amazing Thrill Ride.

Michael Allan Scott is a new to me author and he most definitely has an active and vivid imagination to create a multi-layered world with twisted turns that I did not see coming.

It's not a quick read, but it does go pretty fast with all the action packed scenes. I will be reading the other books in this series, they can be read as standalones or in order.

Lance Underphal isn't like any other character I have encountered before. Photographer, psy
Linda Hughes
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an engrossing read of a paranormal + murder/spy novel.
I enjoyed this book because I like novels that are well written, have interesting plot lines with twists, and have well rounded characters. If you like these things too, this is a good story that you will enjoy. However, I’m not going to give you a synopsis or outline the book for you. I hate spoilers! Suffice to say that I recommend reading this book.
This is not the first book featuring the characters in this book, and if you haven
John-Paul
To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect when I started reading this book, but it turned out be an extremely good read. The writing is excellent, the character development is great, and the plot was very interesting.

This is one of those books that doesn't fit in only one genre. It's part action/adventure, part mystery/syspense, part political thriller with some paranormal thrown in. All of this results in a story that I really enjoyed.
Mark Schultz
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is great reading if you like the paranormal or thrillers! I love Michael’s writing. I will also say that this may well be some of the darkest material he has brought forth. It was tough to read the torture a character went through.
My favorite character is Sonja, she is so encouraging and inscrutable at the same time, it drives Lance bonkers. Lance is not your average hero by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, he is so very average he wouldn’t qualify as a hero, except he refuses to g
John
May 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I must say that of all the Underphal books, this was a disappointment for me. I've come to like the story lines but this last book seems like the author went off on a tangent and couldn't find his way back. The book finish feels like someone who just decided it had to end and wasn't worried about how the plot was left hanging with little resolution and then the announcement that there are no new books in the series at this time. Can't give this a positive rating no matter how much I want to supp ...more
L
Jul 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wow! What a disappointment! I had been thoroughly enjoying this series until this book.

The entry to the series began with a horrific murder of a child, which Lance & the gang were moved to investigate. The story quickly became tedious, with Lance repeatedly becoming lost in dark swirling whatever. This was followed by the super-hackers (perhaps mysteriously connected to the CIA, FBI, NSA and more, or maybe not). Scott had a bit of fun with the hacker attack on cars with internet connections
Eve
Colleen Sconyers
May 12, 2019
Diane Pontes
May 21, 2019
An indie author/entrepreneur, Michael Allan Scott was born and raised at the edge of the high desert in Kingman, Arizona. He resides in Scottsdale with his wife, Cynthia and their rescue Doberman, Roxie. When asked about time spent in solitary confinement in a Maricopa felony block, Scott said, “Some things are better left a mystery.” Yet he admits to drawing on life’s darker experiences to create ...more