Start by marking “Can't Buy Me Love” as Want to Read:
Can't Buy Me Love

Can't Buy Me Love

(Team Cerberus #2.5 (Defending Demma))

Seven romantic tales of love where royalty, celebrities, and passion meet. A case of mistaken identity, protecting the one you love, or proving you aren’t all about the money...these tales will entice and thrill.

A Royal Pain by Abigail Drake
Kindle Edition
Published November 1st 2017 by Inkspell Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Can't Buy Me Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Buy Me Love

Start your review of Can't Buy Me Love
Kacie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me awhile to read this anthology because I’d finish a story and look up the author to read their other books before I’d start on the next story! I loved every single story in this book. The best part was finding new authors to read!
Bridie Hall
Oct 12, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I feel so honored to be part of this anthology. There are wonderful, romantic stories in Can't Buy Me Love.
The beginning of Abigail Drake's Royal Pain had me laughing out loud. And afterwards, the story featured such wonderful, well-written characters I was completely charmed by them.
Willa in Caught by Him by Tammy Mannersly was so spunky and independent. I loved seeing her falling in love with Brody. Their romance was sweet. Also, there was the added bonus of reading about spots around Sydney
Suzanne
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this group of authors, some new to me but all wrote wonderfully romantic stories. Abigail Drakes A Royal Pain made me laugh out loud. You won't be disappointed!
Wende
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Royals, celebrities, and musicians - oh, my! Seven sparkling romantic novellas by seven of the authors from Inkspell Publishing.
Loralie
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Royal Pain by Abigail Drake: Sweet tale about riches-to-rags siblings in which the elder sustains an injury and has to go along with a story to provide for her family. She also falls for her rescuer. I really liked it.

Caught By Him by Tammy Mannersly: Actor Brody meets his match in Willa, and they are trying to escape two very conniving people trying to keep them apart.

Romancing the Princess by Bridie Hall: Sweet princess/commoner story. Hot, fast love affair until royal rules come out with the
Rebecca Austin
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
1) A Royal Pain - Abigail Drake

Chloe Burkhart is having another bad Monday when she is shot in the butt and ends up saving the life of Prince Alexander of Latovia. Yet Chloe has a secret about what really happened that morning and will the truth save her or place in more danger?

This was such a good read and I loved how bad Chloe's Monday was! I thought it was great how she ended up in over her head with her story as she was afraid that revealing the truth would ruin the good things that were com
Donna
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 4 Stars
There were typos throughout the entire book.

**A Royal Pain by Abigail Drake 5 Stars

A Royal Pain packed a lot of details and humor into a quick read. The story contained some heavy themes but the book wasn't dark. It was filled with hope and ended with a brighter future for Chloe and her family. Nico was scrumptious! Norah was quite a character. I'd love to see her get her own story. I definitely recommend reading A Royal Pain.

**Caught By Him by Tammy Mannersly 5 Stars

Caugh
Jaimed
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read this collection twice now. My favorite stories are A Royal Pain, Me and Tillie, and His Royal Typeface.

A Royal Pain by Abigail Drake - This story is funny and sweet. Chloe accidentally saved a prince and then uses the story to get enough money to raise her sister. I liked Chloe and Nico is yummy. I'm happy with how this story plays out and love Chloe's honesty.

Caught by Him by Tammy Mannersly - Brody comes across Willa while trying to stop her from breaking into the house next door. Th
Alexis Prue
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: A Royal Pain
Author: Abigail Drake
Publication: November 1, 2017 by Inkspell Publishing
Format: ARC via iBooks-- This book is currently a part of an anthology featuring seven other Inkspell novels. Available on Kindle and Paperback.
Rating: 5 out 5 stars
Excerpt:
Getting shot in the bottom saving a visiting royal turns out to be the best thing to happen to, impoverished socialite, Chloe Burkhart in a long time, especially when the prince’s very handsome, very sexy bodyguard, Nicolai, comes to
Susan Chapek
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once a romance plot starts to build, I hate to put the book down. So for me novellas are perfect--just enough to fill one cozy evening, or distract me from the annoyances of a plane trip. These stories are united by their theme of the meeting and mating of a searching heart and a royal. Oh, and the royals come from the realms of film, stage, and music as well as from the palaces of all those fictional tiny kingdoms we love to read about.

Here are my personal standouts:

Most Original Couple: defini
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review willingly being left on behalf of Reading Through Her Eyes

Seven romantic tales of love where royalty, celebrities, and passion meet. A Royal Pain by Abigail Drake, Caught by Him by Tammy Mannersly, Romancing the Princess by Bridie Hall, All My Memories by Grea Warner, Me and Tillie by Lisa Hahn, Defending Demma by Melissa Kay Clarke, His Royal Typeface by Stephanie Keyes.

Overall Thoughts: Generally I don't read anthologies because of how long it can take to read them, despite the stories
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is book 2.5 with the Team Cerberus series. That series goes by a few different names. Further this book set also has other books in other series which, at this point, I haven't read.

This is a small fun read which doesn't make much time to read. The hero in this one had been brought in to help the over all SEAL team, but isn't a SEAL himself. He was in the military but has been retired.

However, our heroine has been found has asked our hero to help her and he has agreed. When he goes to hel
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a nice little anthology, quick stories full of instalove to give you a nice jolt of happy ever after in a sitting. I thought they were all well written (though my favorite was Abigail Drake's because lets face it who wouldn't love to be wooed by a Prince, talk about fairy tale romance!) and each gave you a fair sample of the individual writer's style while having a central theme to bind the stories together. The only thing wrong with shorter stories like these is its hard to get rich ch ...more
MJM
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This is a fabulous bundle of love stories by Abigail Drake, Tammy Mannersly, Bridie Hall, Grea Warner, Lisa Hahn, Melissa Kaye Clarke and Stephanie Keyes.
My favourite of all the stories was A Royal pain as it had humour and Nicolai was a man that I think any woman would want to rescue her. They are all well written and there is plenty of choice for the reader. This would be a great quick read to take on holid
Karen Galloway
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Good Set of Stories

This is a really great Box Set. Each book in this Collection was such a joy to read and each one has a good, well written story and great characters who all have great chemistry and interaction. They really pull you into their stories and keep you so engrossed you won't want to put this set of books down till you’ve read them all. This is an Enjoyable, Entertaining, Must Read Set of Books with plenty of romance. This Collection of books really are worthy of your time and sh
Nicole
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can't buy me love is a collection of 7 novellas about the rich, famous and royal finding love. This collection covers all bases from country rock stars to princes and princesses to actors.

My favourites were Royal Pain by Abigail Drake, Caught by Him by Tammy Mannersly and Defending Demma by Melissa Kay Clarke.

In Royal pain we meet Chloe, a socialite and publishing heiress and Nico who is suspected at being a bodyguard but is actually a count. This was very cute and funny with likeable characters
Maria Thomas
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing how enveloped one can get while reading each of these stories, in the very "few" pages/words that make up a novella! Each author finds a way to get you instantly feel like you know the characters and make you want to keep reading more. Abigail Drake's "A Royal Pain" is the perfect way to open up this book of novellas, an instant attention grabber, and you won't want to put your book, kindle, reading app down!
Mary
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of quick reads! I really enjoyed this collection! I think my favorite book in the collection was "Defending Demma" by Melissa Kay Clarke. Although they were all enjoyable reads but this one was intriguing. I love collections of short stories or novellas because you get a taste of different writers and how amazing there stories can be. This is a definite must read collection.

Laila Viking
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written stories with some twists and nice characters.

There is drama, passion, emotions, hot scenes, twists and lots of chemistry.

I like the main characters and how they develop. The stories are very captivating from first to last chapter.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Barbara
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seven different stories by some very good Authors if asked which one was my favorite I really could not say as each Author has their own distinct way of telling a story.Am I going to be re-reading you bet I am.I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
robin Ann thistlewood
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow is this book great. I loved them short stories you can read one in a couple of hours. I haven't read any books by these authors before. But I will be looking for the full versions of some of them. My favorite was a toss up of the first one and the sixth one.
Bookish
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully fun collection of short stories that warm the heart. From a heroine that gets shot in the butt saving a prince to a princess that proposes to her true love. Each story is sweet and quick to read. Something for everyone and perfect for a week night read.
Natalie Casey
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a nice read with a good stories. my favorite one was A Royal Pain by Abigail Drake! it was funny, sweet and had that insta-love! All the stories were good, and I think you will really enjoy this anthology!
Roni
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great set of novellas with the same theme, this book with each of the novellas in this book pulls you in and you just have to finish the whole book. You get that right amount of love with out the four hour read to get there.
Ashleigh
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great books in this collection! You will not be sorry about buying. Each book is stand-alone and full of romance.

Karla
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing

MY FIRST BOOK BY THIS AUTHOR. SUPER SWEET AND HEARTFELT. FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CHARACTERS. WILL PULL AT YOUR HEARTSTRINGS
Christine Campbell
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is so good each book was good. It was amazing n great to read
Love each short book. Could not get enough of them

Melita
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for all romantics. I especially enjoyed Romancing the princess which is again another great work from Bridie Hall.
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

A great way to try out new authors and you won't be disappointed! Wonderful collection of short stories.
Natasha
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book bundle has something for everyone. The stories are all well written and will keep you entertained. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

• Make Me Yours (Bridgewater County #5)
  • Saving Olivia (Team Cerberus Book 2)
  • Cannon (Cerberus MC, #12)
  • Their Virgin PA
  • Their Kingdom Come (The Sinners of Saint Amos #1)
  • My Crush’s Brother
  • Bedlam (Hell's Heathens MC, #2)
  • The Physics of Leaving (Lumen Cove Book 2)
  • Something About a Mountain Man (Wild West, #4)
  • Convict Me (The Rossi Crime Family, #0.5)
  • A Second Chance
  • Loving the Mountain Man (Thickwood, CO, #6)
  • Healing the Rancher
  • A Love Song for Liars (Rivals, #1)
  • Play Only For Me
  • Bring Your Heart (Golden Falls Fire #2)
  • Insta Lovers
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
Award winning author Abigail Drake has spent her life traveling the world, and collecting stories wherever she visited. She majored in Japanese and Economics in college and worked in import/export and as an ESL teacher before she committed herself full time to writing.

She is a trekkie, a book hoarder, the master of the Nespresso machine, a red wine addict, and the mother of three boys (probably t

Team Cerberus (7 books)
  • Protecting Joselyn (Team Cerberus #1)
  • Saving Olivia (Team Cerberus Book 2)
  • Rescuing Annabeth (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Team Cerberus Book 3)
  • Safeguarding Miley (Special Forces: Operation Alpha & Team Cerberus Book 4)
  • Defending Demma (Team Cerberus)
  • Justice for Breeze (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 5)
  • Securing Ara (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Team Cerberus Book 6)

News & Interviews