Start by marking “The Watch & Wand (Project Gene Assist #2)” as Want to Read:
The Watch & Wand (Project Gene Assist #2)

The Watch & Wand (Project Gene Assist #2)

"I'd ask if you were ready, but I suppose it is already too late."

Fifteen years have passed. The future no longer seems as bright. Between a war declared on all but the most basic technology, worldwide economic collapse, and a plague-spurred global panic, governments have collapsed leaving law and order to be defined by those left behind. Stephen knows he should be gratef
Published December 2017 by Axil Hammer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Watch & Wand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Watch & Wand

Start your review of The Watch & Wand (Project Gene Assist #2)
Rachel Barnard
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A worldwide economic collapse has left society in shambles with only basic technology. Stephen is able to connect to what’s left of the grid to play a video game with a stranger. What’s left of tech is easy for Stephen to manipulate. It’s not enough to sneak off to play games online and Stephen longs for excitement. That’s exactly what he gets when he has to go to town to get parts. He meets a girl on the run from the new government enforcers – the Watch.

I was immediately immersed in this post-a
D. Peach
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Watch and the Wand is the second book in the Gene Assist Series, a dystopian tale dabbling in genetic engineering. The science is intriguing and complex and it’s possible to see nano technology invading our lives in the not too distant future.

This book starts after the breakdown of society and 15 years after the conclusion of book one: Fair and Foul. Stephen’s dull life comes to an end when he meets Bean, a girl on the run from the dangerous Watch. With Bean, he sets off into the unknown wo
Sacha Black
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is set several years after Julianne's initial adventure in The Fair and Foul which brings a fantastic set of new characters - although we do see some cameos from the past.

The Watch and Wand is set in a gritty and richly described dystopian world where survival is tough and technology (as we know it) is all but gone. The two main characters are refreshing and unexpected because they're not your average carbon Clark Kent cutout. Something that made me love them that little bit more.

Step
Teri
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a little over a year since I read the first book in this series, and while I'd recommend reading it first for a better overall understanding of how society came to be in this shape, The Watch & Wand could be a standalone.

Set fifteen years after the end of the first book in this series, the world is barely recognizable, and it's a struggle just to survive.  This is almost a coming of age story for Stephen.  He's anxious for adventure and fairly naive as the story begins, but becomes jad
T.A. Henry
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title alone is a super fun play on the basic idea of the book. It said magic to me, silly me. So I was expecting a bad Harry Potter knock off. So NOT what I got. Woot.

YA Dystopia, I told you that much already. There is two real main characters. A cast of supporting characters who vary in just how supportive they really are. LOL. Don’t trust anyone. Very good advice.

The Magic, however, is technology with a really big dose of how much is really good for us. Can we ever go too far? I don’t want
Sacha Black
Nov 17, 2017
Allie Potts
Nov 16, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ash Bansal
Bill Schlott
Syndi Day
Brian
Nov 23, 2017
Allie Potts, born in Rochester Minnesota was moved to North Carolina at a very early age by parents eager to escape to a more forgiving climate. She has since continued to call North Carolina home, settling in Raleigh, halfway between the mountains and the sea, in 1998.

When not finding ways to squeeze in 72 hours into a 24 day or chasing after children determined to turn her hair gray before its t

News & Interviews